Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Leaf Village Council > Forum Feedback & Issues

Forum Feedback & Issues Having problems using the forums or site? Maybe you have some feedback about the site you'd like to share? Post it here.

Old 06-20-2009, 04:08 AM   #1
<Aurega?>
Because having a blank username couldn't possibly be any more annoying

<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.
Default Vbulletin Chat?

Is there any chance to implement something like this: http://www.123flashchat.com/vBulletin_chat.html?

Also, if the chat could be limited to specific user groups as well that would be even more awesomer.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<Aurega?> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 07:49 AM   #2
hazymoon101
Genin

hazymoon101 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via AIM to hazymoon101
Default Re: Vbulletin Chat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurega View Post
Is there any chance to implement something like this: http://www.123flashchat.com/vBulletin_chat.html?

Also, if the chat could be limited to specific user groups as well that would be even more awesomer.
I not sure cause the forum might not understand the codec or something

Remember the past , live the present , and belive in the future.

Spoiler:
Wow your actually reading this ... I got to give people more credit

Those who fire should be prepared to be fired at
' '
hazymoon101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 09:37 AM   #3
Sage Mode
Site Admin - The Great Toad Sage
Viz Administrator

Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

A chat idea actually came up. There were questions of how effectively we could moderate it, though. It's possible that we could try something out.
Sage Mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 09:42 AM   #4
Nick Tasogare
Special Jonin Candidate

Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nick Tasogare

That would be cool, you could pick people to test it out, and see how effectively you could mod it. You could always put some type off censor thing in place, and assign someone the "job" of watching over it.

Like in Fusion Fall, when they pick up something they deem inappropriate (which sometimes, it isn't inappropriate at all) it says "Cococo Coco Cococo" but here, it could say "Believe It!" or something.

Can Herr SRhyse and Frau Muffintop please remove my staff "powers"? The Mod Rules are a joke and everybody knows it lol I don't follow that last rule well enough, and I don't want to endanger the Communist Rule of the People's Republic of NDF. Thanks.

/Heil

Oh wait, now there's drama so I just have to watch this all blow up.
Nick Tasogare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 10:03 AM   #5
<Aurega?>
Because having a blank username couldn't possibly be any more annoying

<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

I see, moderation is the challenge in this.

No, I just had the idea, when I was having a PM conversation with someone, that it would be so much easier if we had a chat function.

So how do you moderate PMs?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<Aurega?> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 10:34 AM   #6
Naruto
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: Sometimes...at night...I cover myself in Vaseline, crawl on the floor, and call myself a slug.
Naruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Naruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Naruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Naruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Naruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Naruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Naruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Naruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

That be cool.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:36 AM   #7
Naruto
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: Sometimes...at night...I cover myself in Vaseline, crawl on the floor, and call myself a slug.
Naruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Naruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Naruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Naruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Naruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Naruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Naruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Naruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

The good thing about this is that you could communicate faster.

Last edited by Naruto; 06-21-2009 at 12:16 PM.
Naruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 10:39 AM   #8
Sage Mode
Site Admin - The Great Toad Sage
Viz Administrator

Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurega View Post
I see, moderation is the challenge in this.

No, I just had the idea, when I was having a PM conversation with someone, that it would be so much easier if we had a chat function.

So how do you moderate PMs?
Through top secret espionage. Granted there's no way to read every PM, but they're also not visible to everyone else in the world either.

I guess usergroup chats would solve that visibility problem, but it would also be a double-edged sword and possibly just make this a place where people come together to get into their own chatrooms, thereby destroying a lot of the community. There are a lot of things to think about and balance.
Sage Mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 10:43 AM   #9
Naruto
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Mode View Post
Through top secret espionage. Granted there's no way to read every PM, but they're also not visible to everyone else in the world either.

I guess usergroup chats would solve that visibility problem, but it would also be a double-edged sword and possibly just make this a place where people come together to get into their own chatrooms, thereby destroying a lot of the community. There are a lot of things to think about and balance.
Very true. The more features that are for PMs or other stuff the less this site is going to be about Naruto. It wiil be like a place where you come to talk about anything instead of Naruto.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:44 AM   #10
Nick Tasogare
Special Jonin Candidate

Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Mode View Post

Wow, you guys spy on us!?!?!?! The usergroup thing would probably ruin the point of the forum, but then again, we would probably be able to get rid of the sections of the Off-topic where people only talk about randomness. It would help us temp mods with cleaning the forums, we have the whole off-topic to do, and it sucks hard!

What if it was made in a way that you had to send a PM to a mod asking to open a chat, and it would need to be about a certain topic, or just a random thing. and when they set off a censor, if they set it off, a mod would go in, see if it was a mistake, or on purpose, and then take action from there. I can re-explain this if you need.

Can Herr SRhyse and Frau Muffintop please remove my staff "powers"? The Mod Rules are a joke and everybody knows it lol I don't follow that last rule well enough, and I don't want to endanger the Communist Rule of the People's Republic of NDF. Thanks.

/Heil

Old 06-20-2009, 03:55 PM   #11
Chidori Shuriken
Drama Queen
First Jonin to be Banned
FOREVER

Chidori Shuriken is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I like Nick's idea, but it would be a pain to PM a Mod. And what about in the morning and you want a chat? Mods aren't here in the mornings.
Chidori Shuriken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 04:20 PM   #12
SRhyse
Site Admin - Uber Kage
Viz Administrator

SRhyse just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Though it's easy as pie to set this up, which I already have on the test forum, we're pretty against any and all features that would discourage discussions from being open to everyone regardless of time and place, which is alot of what a forum's about. That, and every other IM would have to do with suggestive genitalia. I would only currently consider enabling it within the War Council's private space, which I'm assuming is the only place you'd really need it, Aurega?
My dog Elly FTW:

*Alot of people have been asking to help me with various things on the site, many of which involve sharing files between me and other members. Since I get asked almost every day, to do this or collaborate with me personally, use
gives you a lot more free space than normal to work with if that helps, but mainly, it's easier than me getting a thousand emails I have to download and upload with a file again to reply
. Thanks for wanting to help though!
SRhyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 04:31 PM   #13
Taco
Ninja Academy Student

Taco is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRhyse View Post
Though it's easy as pie to set this up, which I already have on the test forum, we're pretty against any and all features that would discourage discussions from being open to everyone regardless of time and place, which is alot of what a forum's about. That, and every other IM would have to do with suggestive genitalia. I would only currently consider enabling it within the War Council's private space, which I'm assuming is the only place you'd really need it, Aurega?
Or you could just disable the ability to PM in chatrooms.

With all honesty, I believe the forum is just as good as the chatroom. I'm perfectly fine with private messaging and discussing on the boards. If you enabled a chatroom, there'd probably 5 messages sent per second which would make the whole thing a mess and a total clutter. It's a fun idea, though. Is it possible to restrict the chatroom to rank?
Taco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 04:41 PM   #14
SRhyse
Site Admin - Uber Kage
Viz Administrator

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco View Post
Or you could just disable the ability to PM in chatrooms.

With all honesty, I believe the forum is just as good as the chatroom. I'm perfectly fine with private messaging and discussing on the boards. If you enabled a chatroom, there'd probably 5 messages sent per second which would make the whole thing a mess and a total clutter. It's a fun idea, though. Is it possible to restrict the chatroom to rank?
I'm not sure what you mean by disabling the PMing in chatrooms. Imagine an IM chat box like in AIM, except it's on the forum, and everyone with access can view and post messages in realtime. That's what we're talking about.

And access can be restricted, but like I said, I'm only considering allowing it within the War Council Database, which no one but people on the War Council can access, see, and typically know about it's existance at all.
My dog Elly FTW:

*Alot of people have been asking to help me with various things on the site, many of which involve sharing files between me and other members. Since I get asked almost every day, to do this or collaborate with me personally, use
gives you a lot more free space than normal to work with if that helps, but mainly, it's easier than me getting a thousand emails I have to download and upload with a file again to reply
Old 06-20-2009, 04:52 PM   #15
Taco
Ninja Academy Student

Taco is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Oh, yeah, I see what you're talking about.
Taco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 05:41 PM   #16
Nick Tasogare
Special Jonin Candidate

That sounds pretty good, I have friends on the War Council, and they always talk about how things are slow to get done partially because of the inability to communicate other than using PM's, which takes awhile, where IM type stuff would be a lot faster.

/Heil

Old 06-20-2009, 05:47 PM   #17
SRhyse
Site Admin - Uber Kage
Viz Administrator

Awards Showcase

Alright, so if someone can post a list of all the users in the War Council to me without spaces that aren't part of the username or line breaks, and only using semicolons ( to separate them, I can get this going by tomorrow. For example:

SRhyse;Toma RNK;Aurega;Some Other Name 21;

Only the War Council can see it, or even use it.
My dog Elly FTW:

Old 06-20-2009, 05:49 PM   #18
Nick Tasogare
Special Jonin Candidate

SRhyse;Toma RNK;NARUTARD93;zachrex33;Aurega;Kuroda Taishi;Sage Mode;AshenReaper;itachiuchiha85

I don't think I know any more.

/Heil

Last edited by Nick Tasogare; 06-20-2009 at 05:53 PM.
Old 06-20-2009, 05:53 PM   #19
SRhyse
Site Admin - Uber Kage
Viz Administrator

Awards Showcase

Actually, nm on the names. I hadn't realized there was already a hidden usergroup made for you guys. I'll try to put up the chat now.
My dog Elly FTW:

Old 06-20-2009, 05:55 PM   #20
Nick Tasogare
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRhyse View Post
Actually, nm on the names. I hadn't realized there was already a hidden usergroup made for you guys. I'll try to put up the chat now.
Silly SRhyse, mistakes are for regular members!!

/Heil