Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Old 07-26-2010, 01:04 PM   #1
Jinchiruuki

Default Afghan War Document Leak

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38411835...ew_york_times/

I honestly think that is more or less a way just to create even further controversy. I'm not saying I don't believe what may be in these documents such as the secretive missions and unaccounted civilian deaths but at the same time why did it take so long to leak? Why is it that Germany and England were the ones to leak such information and not someone else? I find this to be extremely suspicious in a lot of ways.

Please read the whole article or those related to this topic before posting nonsense.

Discuss.
  Reply With Quote Add Dice Roll To Message
Old 07-26-2010, 01:10 PM   #2
Jinchiruuki

Default Re: Afghan War Document Leak

Why was this moved from the debate forums?
Old 07-26-2010, 01:11 PM   #3
yondaime
Jonin

yondaime is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.yondaime is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.yondaime is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.yondaime is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

I already read the article in MSN. I think they are trying to cause something to further complicate the whole thing.
yondaime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 01:17 PM   #4
Jinchiruuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by yondaime View Post
I already read the article in MSN. I think they are trying to cause something to further complicate the whole thing.
My point exactly.

Seeing the controversy from 9/11 itself, the reasoning behind the war and now this. It almost seems as an attempt to dump all the issues onto the Obama administration in an attempt to coup him like they did attempt to do with Bush but failed due to him having numerous oil companies and other rich corporations behind him.

On the side note: I still want to know why this was moved from the debate forum.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:19 PM   #5
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Happy?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 01:22 PM   #6
10-tailedfox
Special Jonin Candidate

10-tailedfox is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to 10-tailedfox Send a message via Skype™ to 10-tailedfox

i was watching it on the news today...how sad....v.v

my theme song-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
me at
im always online!
10-tailedfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 01:27 PM   #7
Jinchiruuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
Happy?
I don't care either way I just wanted to know the reasoning behind it.

On another side note. Wooster you have a sexy voice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10-tailedfox View Post
i was watching it on the news today...how sad....v.v
I honestly don't trust the sources of most of those documents. Had they been from actual U.S military officials then maybe. But we have to understand there are things that the C.I.A, Rangers, Seals and other special ops do that we will most likely never know about.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:31 PM   #8
yondaime
Jonin

yondaime is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.yondaime is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.yondaime is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.yondaime is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinchiruuki View Post
My point exactly.

Seeing the controversy from 9/11 itself, the reasoning behind the war and now this. It almost seems as an attempt to dump all the issues onto the Obama administration in an attempt to coup him like they did attempt to do with Bush but failed due to him having numerous oil companies and other rich corporations behind him.

On the side note: I still want to know why this was moved from the debate forum.
They said they still have 15,000 documents that they might release. Which might reveal more secrets that the government doesn't want to be out.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:33 PM   #9
Jinchiruuki

Quote:
They said they still have 15,000 documents that they might release. Which might reveal more secrets that the government doesn't want to be out.
10 bucks says those people will be assassinated or made to disappear by CIA, Feds or other people that don't exist.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:38 PM   #10
yondaime
Jonin

Quote:
10 bucks says those people will be assassinated or made to disappear by CIA, Feds or other people that don't exist.
How do you know that those people aren't CIA/Feds themselves?
Old 07-26-2010, 01:40 PM   #11
Jinchiruuki

Quote:
How do you know that those people aren't CIA/Feds themselves?
I doubt our own country would put something like this out there xD too much heat would come from it.

If anything we would put out documents showing that there WERE WMD's in Iraq. /photoshop
Old 07-26-2010, 01:44 PM   #12
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I don't care either way I just wanted to know the reasoning behind it.

On another side note. Wooster you have a sexy voice.

I honestly don't trust the sources of most of those documents. Had they been from actual U.S military officials then maybe. But we have to understand there are things that the C.I.A, Rangers, Seals and other special ops do that we will most likely never know about.
I don't know but this belongs in the debate section.

No, I have the voice of a mechanical pump.

Strangely enough your voice sounds what I imagined Gama's voice sounds like a vice versa. I don't know what that means, but it is so.

Getting back on topic, what going on here? Don't really know. Probably the same anti-war types as usual. The only difference is that since Bush isn't the president, the New York Times didn't print the leaks this time.

Wooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 01:49 PM   #13
Jinchiruuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
I don't know but this belongs in the debate section.

No, I have the voice of a mechanical pump.

Strangely enough your voice sounds what I imagined Gama's voice sounds like a vice versa. I don't know what that means, but it is so.

Getting back on topic, what going on here? Don't really know. Probably the same anti-war types as usual. The only difference is that since Bush isn't the president, the New York Times didn't print the leaks this time.
You have a sexy voice Wooster. Accept it. And turn my gears harder.

XD A lot of people expected me to sound super nerdy. Not saying Gama does but yeah.

I honestly think it is just another way to create more controversy AGAIN about the whole war. Germany and England were the ones to leak it. Which raises quite a bit of suspicion since England was there for a lot of it themselves.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:42 PM   #14
Rasengan-
Chunin Exam Participant

Rasengan- is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

shhhh they are watching.
Rasengan- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 04:56 AM   #15
Gamabunta
Big Bad Bully
Tactless

Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Quote:
My point exactly.

This was a lone soldier who leaked this intelligence. It's not a conspiracy.

I think the real issue here is that the data released is compromising to the safety of our troops. Which is why it was kept from the public in the first place. This guy should go to jail for breaking a sacred oath, putting soldiers at risk, and participating in borderline traitorous acts.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:32 AM   #16
Rasengan-
Chunin Exam Participant

Rasengan- is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

^but I guess US intellegence fail to conceal such important documents.
Rasengan- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 06:25 AM   #17
gama-sennin
Special Jonin Candidate

gama-sennin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.gama-sennin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.gama-sennin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.gama-sennin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.gama-sennin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.gama-sennin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

No, the issue is not about leak its about the way the soldiers are treated so far away from their mother land. It is the folly of an administration that encouraged extremism to defeat communism. Most of the missiles used against US troops today were supplied by US itself not so long ago. The staggering amount of money spent on the war is not justified by the way this war is progressing. Most of the so-called help is transferred to the extremists via different channels and under different names.

It is impossible to fight a was against something that has sympathy from the crowd. The same thing happened with Nepolian and Hitler. When they marched into Russia the general public initially welcomed them with open arms as they hated the then administrations. But when the public realized that the so-called liberates are no different they simply changed their stance and we all know both the attackers never recovered from those wars.

The same thing is happening in Afghanistan. This war is being portrayed as war between Islam and Christianity. Kindaa like crusades. Only difference is that this is not the case. The extremist are not doing it for general public but for their own sake. But the power religion has over people is so great that even an army as strong US army wont be able to hold its own against it.

Until we convince the common man of Afghanistan that the battle is not between the religions their will never be a victory. Its for the sake of the soldiers that are dying ther when its got nothing to do with them unless of course they use cars and need cheap oil that is sold in $.

Quote of the day...

Quote:
If life is going to exist in a Universe of this size, then the one thing it cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion
gama-sennin is offline   Reply With Quote