Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Mall > Latest Manga Chapters

Latest Manga Chapters Discuss the latest manga chapters of your favorite series here!

Old 07-23-2010, 08:49 AM   #1
Espada#Cero
Freshmen Academy Student

Espada#Cero is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via MSN to Espada#Cero
Default Why are Bleach Dubs so bad

I decided to watch my first bleach dub it was utterly horrible!! All the characters sounded like they were Sai, no emotions at all. The biggest difference was Rukia she sound way different from the Jap version i mean way different. Naruto dubs are the only dubs i can stand.
Espada#Cero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:56 AM   #2
Anru
The Worlds Strongest

Anru is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Anru is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Anru is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Anru is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Anru is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Anru is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Anru is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Anru is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Why are Bleach Dubs so bad

for me the Bleach Dub ise'nt bad its good conpert to D-Gray-Man dub and aslo of coruse it is diffrend then the Japans

why

1 Japans - English
2 Diffrend voice actors
3 it is your opinoin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Anru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:00 AM   #3
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Because the Bleach dubs are awesome. Bleach dub is superior to the Japanese dub.
Not emotional? There's plenty of emotion. Especially Johnny Young Bosch as Ichigo.
You probably think it's emotionless from being used to the Japanese dub where they
often are melodramatic and over the top. But to each his or her own I suppose.

Can't wait until the Bleach dub continues.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spam once and the forum will be annoyed.
Spam twice and warnings will be deployed
Spam thrice and a infraction you will receive
Spam 8,984 times and a FAIL Agent you''ll soon be.

...At least in my case.
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 09:58 AM   #4
NarutoUzumaki12
Special Jonin Candidate

NarutoUzumaki12 has completed a tough C-rank mission!NarutoUzumaki12 has completed a tough C-rank mission!NarutoUzumaki12 has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espada#Cero View Post
I decided to watch my first bleach dub it was utterly horrible!! All the characters sounded like they were Sai, no emotions at all. The biggest difference was Rukia she sound way different from the Jap version i mean way different. Naruto dubs are the only dubs i can stand.
I say you just got used to the japanese version.

I think that Ichigo's JAP voice isn't nearly as good as Johnny Young Bosch.
They do put quite a bit of emotion into the anime.

All the voice actors for the dub did far better than JAP for this series

Bleach is one of the good dubs that viz has ever licencsed

Naruto is Finnaly where it belongs on Toonami

Currently playing: Assassin's Creed 3

Spoiler:
Rest in peace Neji

NarutoUzumaki12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 10:50 AM   #5
Bulldog
Banned

Bulldog is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I personally feel bleach has one of the better dubs!
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 11:54 AM   #6
Wind Style Naruto
Special Jonin Candidate

Wind Style Naruto has completed a tough C-rank mission!Wind Style Naruto has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarutoUzumaki12 View Post
I say you just got used to the japanese version.

I think that Ichigo's JAP voice isn't nearly as good as Johnny Young Bosch.
They do put quite a bit of emotion into the anime.

All the voice actors for the dub did far better than JAP for this series

Bleach is one of the good dubs that viz has ever licencsed
As much as I despise you I must agree the Bleach dubs are way better than the Japanese version. I mean Ichigo sounds so wierd in the Japanese version compared to the English version. Bleach IMO has the worst Japanese cast, its so funny that the same cast used for Naruto is in Bleach and it sounds better than the Japanese version either the Japanese cast they used for Naruto were really good or the Japanese cast that they used for Bleach were really bad. The english voices best reflects the characters appearance and personality than the Japanese voices.

But that is our opinion just like yours.

Its basically Devil May Cry(or Bayonetta) meets Dead or Alive meets Streets of Rage meets Street Fighter meets Power Stone meets Vanquish in gameplay but in essence its DragonBall Z meets One Piece meets Berserk meets Naruto.

Here is the thread:

Wind Style Naruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 02:54 PM   #7
Devroux

Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Devroux is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

I like the Bleach dubs. The characters don't sound that different to me. Plus the action makes up for it.

I don't like the new Naruto Shippuden dubs. The characters sound way different from the good stuff.
χ Δ|✝ΣR

Devroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 04:08 PM   #8
NarutoUzumaki12
Special Jonin Candidate

NarutoUzumaki12 has completed a tough C-rank mission!NarutoUzumaki12 has completed a tough C-rank mission!NarutoUzumaki12 has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Style Naruto View Post
As much as I despise you I must agree the Bleach dubs are way better than the Japanese version. I mean Ichigo sounds so wierd in the Japanese version compared to the English version. Bleach IMO has the worst Japanese cast, its so funny that the same cast used for Naruto is in Bleach and it sounds better than the Japanese version either the Japanese cast they used for Naruto were really good or the Japanese cast that they used for Bleach were really bad. The english voices best reflects the characters appearance and personality than the Japanese voices.

But that is our opinion just like yours.
that could be true

Naruto is Finnaly where it belongs on Toonami

Currently playing: Assassin's Creed 3

Spoiler:
Rest in peace Neji

NarutoUzumaki12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 03:43 AM   #9
Akatsuki Gord
Special Jonin Candidate

Akatsuki Gord has completed a tough C-rank mission!Akatsuki Gord has completed a tough C-rank mission!

the bleach dub is the best around and the english va's are far superior to their japenese counterparts

Currently playing - Fifa 13, One Piece and NUNS3
Akatsuki Gord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 09:09 AM   #10
Zabuza345
Chunin

Zabuza345 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Bleach dub is bad? Emotionless? what are you watching?
Naruto is the only Viz dub you can stand yet most of the voice actors that voice characters in Naruto ALSO voice in Bleach at some point or another or vice versa.

I've not watched the Bleach Jap dub so I can't really comment on it, but Bleach is dubbed far better than some other anime's I've seen, specially in terms of matching VA's to characters and having a VA that is actually good.
Zabuza345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 12:28 PM   #11
MysticGoten
Special Jonin Candidate

MysticGoten is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.MysticGoten is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.MysticGoten is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.MysticGoten is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

You hate the Bleach dub but like the Naruto dub...?
MysticGoten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 01:01 PM   #12
Taker369
Has Surpassed Outdoor Activities
Coca Cola Disciple

Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Taker369 completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espada#Cero View Post
thats the biggest fail i ever heard the naruto dub is horrible and annoying bleach dubbed is well done i perfer the dubbed over the subbed any day and rukias subbed voice makes her sound old while her dubbed voice fits her perfect same with ichigos

Spoiler:
Tifa Legacy is now in my sig =3

YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Taker369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 12:20 PM   #13
rikuonura
Academy Graduate

rikuonura is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I actually like the dub of Bleach, even though I don't watch it often. It was actually what got me into Bleach.
rikuonura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 03:16 PM   #14
AnimeKittyUchiha
Ninja Academy Student

Location: Japan, Korea, Texas ... Thailand >:P ( I'm so Asian )
AnimeKittyUchiha is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to AnimeKittyUchiha

(Scratches head) uhhh... LOL idk!

I LOVE
╔═╦╦══╦══╦╗╔╦══╦══╗╔╗
║║║║╔╗║╔╗║║║╠╗╔╣╔╗║║║
║║║║╚╝║╚╝╣║║║║║║║║║╚╝ AND SHIPPUDEN <3
║║║║╔╗║╔╗║╚╝║║║║╚╝║╔╗
╚╩═╩╝╚╩╝╚╩══╝╚╝╚══╝╚╝
Join my Uchiha Clan -
AnimeKittyUchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 06:24 PM   #15
Aizen Sosuke
Chunin

Aizen Sosuke saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Naruto and Bleach are both by viz so how can u like 1 and hate the other.and emotionless? are you kidding Johnny Yong Bosch does a much better job with Ichigo than Masazaku Morita

Naruto Shippuden is awesome

No one has ever stood at the top,not you nor me nor the gods,but that unavoidable vaccancy will be removed i alone will stand at the top-Sosuke Aizen
Aizen Sosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 06:34 PM   #16
Eli Goldsworthy
Chunin Exam Proctor

Eli Goldsworthy is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Eli Goldsworthy is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Eli Goldsworthy is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Eli Goldsworthy is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

I actually like the dub of Bleach it has some good voices... BUT I really disliked Vampire Knight's English voice actors... Kaname's voice is just icky ><

Eli Goldsworthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:29 PM   #17
nonex99
Freshmen Academy Student

nonex99 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Bleach dub is one most worst dub out thier is certainly not better then japanese original. Johnny Young Bosch is never good as Masakazu Morita hes a perfect voice fitting for ichigo. The english voice does not reflects the characters appearance and personality than the Japanese voices they sound like make me want to rip my ears out. Can't stand english dub why ruin it with such horrible voices that don't fit the characters. All dub actors did job they sound like crap. Fullmetal alchemist brotherhood the only that has better dub.

Last edited by nonex99; 04-20-2013 at 09:34 PM.
nonex99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:06 PM   #18
ONIMUSHA
Special Jonin Candidate

ONIMUSHA has completed a tough C-rank mission!ONIMUSHA has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Umm...Okay. No one cares, like, at all.
No wait, I will give this out: Naruto's dub is really the only one you can stand? really? Hell, even as a viz dub, it's sorely lacking.
Berserk has one of the better dubs, and while it wasn't originally done by viz, the movies are, and (surprise surprise) they're just as good if not BETTER than the original series.
Death note, Brad swaile (i think that's who voices light, i might be wrong) is meh at first, but he slowly grows to be able to maniacally laugh along side mamoru miyano. L is better in the dub right from the start.
Then there are really REALLY good non-viz dubs, i don't feel like actually going into detail, so i'll just list them
black lagoon
cowboy bebop
outlaw star
trigun
hellsing/hellsing ultimate
soul eater
one piece (the funimation dub of course. 4kids can go screw itself)
ouran hshc
case closed
Baccano (best. dub. ever. best. show. ever.)
Gankutsuou
Neon genesis evangelion/rebuild of evangelion
beck
deadman wonderland
fullmetal alchemist
flcl
and the list goes on
ONIMUSHA is offline   Reply With Quote