Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Manga Discussion > Naruto Manga Archives

Naruto Manga Archives A collection of some of the best theories and discussions that Town Bookstore has to offer.

Old 07-06-2010, 02:25 PM   #1
TheBlackChidori
Special Jonin Candidate

TheBlackChidori is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Awards Showcase

Default Can Yamato really be trusted? Danzo's last laugh.

I was re-reading the manga out of boredom when I caught something that I've surely noticed before, but never read much into it.

After the Sand Village rescue, Team Kakashi was short 2 members. Sai took the missing Sasuke's place, at the request of Danzo and the village elders. But they all agreed to let Tsunade pick someone from the Anbu to take Kakashi's place as team leader.

We know that Danzo has deep ties to the Anbu. He is the founder of the foundation, led the faction that opposed the 3rd Hokage, etc. We also know that Yamato was taken directly from his duty as an Anbu to fill the spot.

Tsunade was quite confused about something though, when she chose Yamato. It's like Danzo knew exactly who she wanted to choose, and he was just completely for it. What we didn't know at the time was that Danzo had Shisui's eye, which could be used to manipulate the thoughts and decisions of whomever he chooses.

Could it be possible that Danzo MEANT for Tsunade to pick Yamato? We don't know much about Yamato's history, except for that he was created as a "clone" of the 1st Hokage by Orochimaru, and yet Orochimaru wasn't even aware that he survived. We also know that Danzo and Orochimaru have shared some sort of connection over the years. Both opposed the teachings of Hiruzen, for one.

But being an Anbu member, Danzo and Yamato will have met before his introduction to the series. It's even possible that Yamato could have been under his employ at some point. Now I'm not rushing to say "Yamato's a spy!" Not at all. But we know of Danzo's power to manipulate, and we also know that he wanted to keep a close eye on the Jinchuuriki.

Yamato's been acting strange to me lately. Especially since the passing of Danzo. For one, he let Naruto slip by him with relative ease. I know Naruto's a great ninja, but Yamato is an Elite Jonin with Anbu experience, meaning plenty of tracking. I still find it odd that Naruto got away so easily to rush to where Madara and Sasuke were. I can't find a reason WHY he would want this, though.

And the most important reason is, Kishi sent Yamato with Naruto to train with Killer Bee. This is the oddest thing of all. Naruto does not have the Hokage's necklace anymore, so Yamato's more or less powerless to stop him if the Kyuubi were to take over. So then, why the hell is he there?

We can safely assume that if Orochimaru was trying to recreate the Jutsu of the first, he would have implanted some way of being able to control his creations. If not, he'd just be creating something that would turn out to be a huge problem.

We know that everything Kishimoto does seem to have a reason. But is it at all possible that we still have a double agent in Konoha? And what purpose could he have?
Old 07-06-2010, 04:00 PM   #2
Mr. Dr.
Apprentice Genin

Mr. Dr. is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Can Yamato really be trusted? Danzo's last laugh.

I would really love if somebody like Yamato, Iruka, or even one of the Elders has been faking there sincerity (like Kabuto) this whole time.

Since we have Kakashi's back story it won't happen to him
Old 07-06-2010, 04:15 PM   #3
Parak111
Jonin

Parak111 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Parak111 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Parak111 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Parak111 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Parak111 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Parak111 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Awards Showcase

Post Re: Can Yamato really be trusted? Danzo's last laugh.

Well, I'd say that Yamato isn't a spy for Danzo and never was. He even questioned himself about Sai's motives during the Sasuke Reunion arc. So maybe in his mind he isn't, but he still might be manipulated by Danzo, and perhaps Yamato doesn't know that himself.

On another side, about why Yamato is with Naruto during his training with Killer Bee. Well, obviously Yamato doesn't know that Naruto no longer has his necklace. I'm not even sure if Naruto himself knows that he no longer has it. He broke it during Kyuubi time, and he can't remember what he did in that period. Perhaps he still doesn't know of the fact that he broke it.

Soon though, when Yamato really needs to stop him from going Kyuubi, he'll realize that it's not working and he'll probably form a pretty good idea that it's not there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Pervy Sage's last battle:

YouTube:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Those who break the rules are scum, true

but

ninja who don't help their friends are even worse!

- Ultra Super Mega Giga Hug

Old 07-06-2010, 04:17 PM   #4
Ider Hitodama
Apprentice Genin

Ider Hitodama is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

It's possible. But I think Kakashi would've noticed something was up with him since he knew him well in his ANBU days.

Also, I thought the necklace only amplifies his powers. He still has the ability to suppress the Fox, just not as well.

It is my firm belief that it is a mistake to hold firm beliefs.

Old 07-06-2010, 06:03 PM   #5
Webby
Freshmen Academy Student

Webby is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Great Theory
Old 07-06-2010, 06:42 PM   #6
TheBlackChidori
Special Jonin Candidate

TheBlackChidori is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parak111 View Post
Well, I'd say that Yamato isn't a spy for Danzo and never was. He even questioned himself about Sai's motives during the Sasuke Reunion arc. So maybe in his mind he isn't, but he still might be manipulated by Danzo, and perhaps Yamato doesn't know that himself.

On another side, about why Yamato is with Naruto during his training with Killer Bee. Well, obviously Yamato doesn't know that Naruto no longer has his necklace. I'm not even sure if Naruto himself knows that he no longer has it. He broke it during Kyuubi time, and he can't remember what he did in that period. Perhaps he still doesn't know of the fact that he broke it.

Soon though, when Yamato really needs to stop him from going Kyuubi, he'll realize that it's not working and he'll probably form a pretty good idea that it's not there.
I feel like he would know that its broken though. He's been wearing around his neck for at least 3 years, so I cant see Naruto realizing its gone. You might be right about Yamato not realizing its gone though, since I don't really even think Naruto is aware of how important the necklace was. But even so, he was told about it during his Waterfall training with Kakashi and Yamato. He had to be surpressed so many times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ider Hitodama View Post
It's possible. But I think Kakashi would've noticed something was up with him since he knew him well in his ANBU days.

Also, I thought the necklace only amplifies his powers. He still has the ability to suppress the Fox, just not as well.
It took Yamato almost everything just to supress the 4 tails though, and that was with the necklace. When he summoned the spiked wood, part of the Kyuubi was still able to resist for a second, when he attacked Sakura. I just dont see him restraining an 8 tailed, or even 9 tailed transformation without the Necklace.

The seal burned into his hand interests me though. How did that get there exactly?
Old 07-06-2010, 07:01 PM   #7
Shika-fiend
Special Jonin Candidate

Shika-fiend has completed a tough C-rank mission!Shika-fiend has completed a tough C-rank mission!Shika-fiend has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Maybe Iruka can't be trusted because of the Nine-Tails incident and his parents dying. Maybe he puts blame on the Fourth and Kushina, and then that blame would fall onto Naruto. He might have just been acting like Naruto's BFF the whole time. But, I doubt it. Naruto and Iruka have been through so much, and the whole "deception" theme is getting pretty old (from my perspective). As far as I know, there shouldn't be any traitors of the Leaf (unless the Leaf starts losing the war and someone decides to switch sides just to keep their life) But, it's just a theory.
(On a side note, this is the longest post I've done in a while xDDD)
Old 07-06-2010, 07:16 PM   #8
byakuganmaster3695
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: right next to the hottest volcano ever-Holy crap Jennifer was here!
byakuganmaster3695 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via AIM to byakuganmaster3695

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackChidori View Post
I was re-reading the manga out of boredom when I caught something that I've surely noticed before, but never read much into it.

After the Sand Village rescue, Team Kakashi was short 2 members. Sai took the missing Sasuke's place, at the request of Danzo and the village elders. But they all agreed to let Tsunade pick someone from the Anbu to take Kakashi's place as team leader.

We know that Danzo has deep ties to the Anbu. He is the founder of the foundation, led the faction that opposed the 3rd Hokage, etc. We also know that Yamato was taken directly from his duty as an Anbu to fill the spot.

Tsunade was quite confused about something though, when she chose Yamato. It's like Danzo knew exactly who she wanted to choose, and he was just completely for it. What we didn't know at the time was that Danzo had Shisui's eye, which could be used to manipulate the thoughts and decisions of whomever he chooses.

Could it be possible that Danzo MEANT for Tsunade to pick Yamato? We don't know much about Yamato's history, except for that he was created as a "clone" of the 1st Hokage by Orochimaru, and yet Orochimaru wasn't even aware that he survived. We also know that Danzo and Orochimaru have shared some sort of connection over the years. Both opposed the teachings of Hiruzen, for one.

But being an Anbu member, Danzo and Yamato will have met before his introduction to the series. It's even possible that Yamato could have been under his employ at some point. Now I'm not rushing to say "Yamato's a spy!" Not at all. But we know of Danzo's power to manipulate, and we also know that he wanted to keep a close eye on the Jinchuuriki.

Yamato's been acting strange to me lately. Especially since the passing of Danzo. For one, he let Naruto slip by him with relative ease. I know Naruto's a great ninja, but Yamato is an Elite Jonin with Anbu experience, meaning plenty of tracking. I still find it odd that Naruto got away so easily to rush to where Madara and Sasuke were. I can't find a reason WHY he would want this, though.

And the most important reason is, Kishi sent Yamato with Naruto to train with Killer Bee. This is the oddest thing of all. Naruto does not have the Hokage's necklace anymore, so Yamato's more or less powerless to stop him if the Kyuubi were to take over. So then, why the hell is he there?

We can safely assume that if Orochimaru was trying to recreate the Jutsu of the first, he would have implanted some way of being able to control his creations. If not, he'd just be creating something that would turn out to be a huge problem.

We know that everything Kishimoto does seem to have a reason. But is it at all possible that we still have a double agent in Konoha? And what purpose could he have?
i must say this is the best theory i have seen in a while and cant even argue it
--------Something to talk about.
--------Hug Harder,Laugh Louder,Smile Bigger,Love
Longer
--------Rob a bank, go out and change
thee world. Or burn your house to the ground Throw your hands in the air because you
just dont care For god sakes breathe that f!cking air do yourself a favor, live your life!
Jennifer did this,don't steal my idea.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:30 PM   #9
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

At this point it be pointless to have Yamato be secretly working for Danzo.
Sai Shaft played the role of Danzo's Double Agent. But then he got all emotional.
I hate to say it but Yamato's role was simply being Kakashi's temporary replacement.

Spam once and the forum will be annoyed.
Spam twice and warnings will be deployed
Spam thrice and a infraction you will receive
Spam 8,984 times and a FAIL Agent you''ll soon be.

...At least in my case.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:31 PM   #10
zerosameri

zerosameri just might be Kage someday.
zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Even though he doesn't have it any more doesn't mean Yamato is useless. Basically it was a tool that helped Yamato, now that Naruto doesn't have it just means Yamato will have a little more tough time.

When I 1st saw this I instantly though "Oh no you think Yamato is Madara and Danzou is really the main villain that is still alive"

Old 07-06-2010, 07:37 PM   #11
Black Shuck
Special Jonin Candidate

Black Shuck is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

But didn't Yamato interfere with Sai's "top secret" mission? Besides I don't think he is playing a double agent thing. (Unless he doesn't realize it himself. And then again, who's pulling the strings now Danzo is gone? Elders?)
The necklace only acted as an amplifier. Even without it he has the ability to suppress Kyubi up to a certain extent. (Although now it's hopelessly low) But in any case, he fit into the job. -Konoha can't spare someone like Kakshi. And who else is there?

<((:))> <((:))>
.'l'.
.'l'.
----
v
I think. I think I am. Therefore I am... I think.
_________
Spoiler:
I tell you everything that is really nothing, and nothing of what is everything, do not be fooled by what I am saying. Please listen carefully and try to hear what I am not saying.
-C.C.Finn-
Rainbow Tables & unicorns on weed. lolOPHC!!
. . . . . .
Old 07-06-2010, 08:24 PM   #12
Jose
Special Jonin Candidate

Jose completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Jose completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Jose completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Jose completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Jose completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Jose completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Jose completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Jose completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Jose completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Jose completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Jose completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Jose completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Jose completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Jose completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Jose completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

I think this was all true, but then Danzo died, and I think I remember Yamato and a couple others stating that they were free let me double check.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:27 PM   #13
Hidden Ninja45
Jonin

Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

When I first saw this thread, I admit that I was just going to skim the OP and just post that Yamato can't be a spy because he is awesome.

But, after I saw who made the thread, I stopped to actually read to all because I knew there would be a lot of thought and reasoning behind what was posted.

I got to say, that is an interesting theory. But I just don't see Yamato all of sudden end up being a spy. I thought that since Danzo died, any kind of mind control he had over Yamato would end. Danzo's tongue control jutsu whatever it was went away after his death. It seems to me that Root is basically dead.

Old 07-06-2010, 08:35 PM   #14
The 4th Sannin
Freshmen Academy Student

The 4th Sannin is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

If yamato is a planted spy for Danzo, then he really did the opposite of what he wanted. When naruto went 6t, he rushed to the village to prevent further tails in contrast to Danzo wanting the village destroyed to be hokage. Also, yamato was one the ANBU in file Danzo gave to Oro to be assassinated. Man if that were true, Danzo's health plan leaves a LOT to be desired!!!(though his "retirement" plan is sound)
" It is said that if you must resort to violence then you have already lost. If you must fight, win. If you cannot win, then don't bother bringing your punk a$$ back to the village!" -ancient ninja proverb by unknown author
Old 07-06-2010, 08:44 PM   #15
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Yamato being a spy for Danzo would almost be like Iruka being a spy for the Akatsuki.

Iruka: Didn't see that one coming did you!?

...At least in my case.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:54 PM   #16
Ider Hitodama
Apprentice Genin

Ider Hitodama is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackChidori View Post
It took Yamato almost everything just to supress the 4 tails though, and that was with the necklace. When he summoned the spiked wood, part of the Kyuubi was still able to resist for a second, when he attacked Sakura. I just dont see him restraining an 8 tailed, or even 9 tailed transformation without the Necklace.

The seal burned into his hand interests me though. How did that get there exactly?
Yeah, his suppression skills would probably be very ineffective, but it would still be good to have him around.. even if it's just for the placebo effect I'm thinking there's some other purpose for Yamato being there -- but not because he's a spy. Maybe he'll be a victim of Kisame or something, I'm not sure. I suspect Kishi's planning something.

That seal on his hand really confused me too. I don't remember it ever being explained. It said that his skills can be used on any tailed beast but he seems auto-specialized for Kyuubi.

It is my firm belief that it is a mistake to hold firm beliefs.

Old 07-06-2010, 08:55 PM   #17
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

I will worship Danzo as a god if this is true.

Wait, I already do that.

Old 07-06-2010, 08:59 PM   #18
ForestS153
Genin

ForestS153 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Pretty good theory, just one problem with part of it. Naruto already has full-control of the Nine-Tails. Other them that part though, your theory would make sense for the next betrayal.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:00 PM   #19
mrsticky005

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
I will worship Danzo as a god if this is true.

Wait, I already do that.

Thus the reason for it's falsity. Danzo's plan was a success:

Wooster worships whom? DA DANZO!

...At least in my case.

Last edited by mrsticky005; 07-06-2010 at 09:15 PM.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:03 PM   #20
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
Thus the reason for it's falsity. Danzo's plan was a success:

Wooster worships who? DA DANZO!
Whom, whom. Dammit!