Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Old 07-05-2010, 12:02 PM   #1
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Default Sega vs Nintendo.

This could get ugly.

Debate.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spam once and the forum will be annoyed.
Spam twice and warnings will be deployed
Spam thrice and a infraction you will receive
Spam 8,984 times and a FAIL Agent you''ll soon be.

...At least in my case.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 12:21 PM   #2
EdFry
Chunin

EdFry is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Sega vs Nintendo.

Here is where I stand on the situation, except for one series I have always loved Sega made games more than Nintendo based ones. Except for Sonic, almost every Sega game tries to do more with their stories and gameplay than the last installment. IMO, Nintendo has been releasing the same story, and in half the time, the same gameplay for the last ten, twenty and thirty years.

Consequently, my least favorite Sega game series of all time is Sonic the Hedgehog, because after the 2nd I said, fool me twice shame on me. Sure, sure; they've mixed it up and gone with different gameplay types and into the third dimension but once they get there it all goes South and Stale in the gameplay department.

Zelda: Same game for the past forever (Get the Tri-Force, Use the same Items, one exception the wolf)
Mario: Never changes Story wise (But when it does gameplay wise it is quite fun)
Mario Everything Else: Karts, Sports, Olympics? Need I say more
Donkey Kong: Developed by Rare, funny how a company called that hasn't released a good game in about fifteen years ZING!
(did enjoy the first 2 though.)

I'll post more after I hear other responses...

Treat the mods with respect, never mistreat an admin. Keep it clean, have some fun, treat others how you want to be treated.

Spoiler:
Have fun with life, it'll be gone before you know it and you only get one shot!
EdFry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 04:13 PM   #3
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Sega sucks. Really that should be enough.

Sega games are like second tier compared to Nintendo's first tier. Really think about it. Sonic is quite the buggy game and the controls are sloppy.

Maybe Sega wins with sports games, but what else do they make that is really any good? Shining Force? Shinobi? Alex Kidd? We are talking niche here.

I will say that the first Super Monkey Ball games was great, though.

Wooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 04:42 PM   #4
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
Sega sucks. Really that should be enough.

Sega games are like second tier compared to Nintendo's first tier. Really think about it. Sonic is quite the buggy game and the controls are sloppy.

Maybe Sega wins with sports games, but what else do they make that is really any good? Shining Force? Shinobi? Alex Kidd? We are talking niche here.

I will say that the first Super Monkey Ball games was great, though.

Considering that Nintendo practically owns Sega now...

Yeah Nintendo wins.

Ok let's debate specific games though...

Street Fighter vs Mortal Kombat?

(honesty I prefer Donkey Kong Country)

...At least in my case.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:44 PM   #5
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post

Yeah Nintendo wins.

Wait what? Neither of those are Sega or Nintendo.

But yes DKC rocks socks.

Old 07-05-2010, 04:45 PM   #6
mrsticky005

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Wait what? Neither of those are Sega or Nintendo.

But yes DKC rocks socks.
They were on Sega and Nintendo.

...At least in my case.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:49 PM   #7
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
They were on Sega and Nintendo.
Both were on both.

You mean which worked better?

Well, the graphics win hand down on Nintendo. I guess there is slight adavantage of SFII on controls for Sega because of the design. But I still think I'd rather play either on SNES.

Old 07-05-2010, 04:53 PM   #8
mrsticky005

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Both were on both.

Well, the graphics win hand down on Nintendo. I guess there is slight adavantage of SFII on controls for Sega because of the design. But I still think I'd rather play either on SNES.

Were they? I thought they were console only. Wrong again I guess.

...At least in my case.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:55 PM   #9
Kunoichi
Easily Bribed

Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.
Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Considering that Nintendo practically owns

As much as I loved Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat FTW, one word: Fatality

....or possibly Toasty.
Kunoichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 04:58 PM   #10
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Were they? I thought they were console only. Wrong again I guess.
As usual. Leave the SNES games to me.

Old 07-05-2010, 05:28 PM   #11
mrsticky005

Awards Showcase

Quote:
As usual. Leave the SNES games to me.
Good idea....

Oh no! Mario really IS Missing!

...At least in my case.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:38 PM   #12
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Good idea....

Oh no! Mario really IS Missing!
bit approved!

Old 07-09-2010, 01:21 AM   #13
Cade
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: In a world of poverty, violence,sex,drugs,wars,arguements and racisim.Basically the U.S.A
Cade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Nintendo wins. Look at Sega. In the early 90's, they had huge success with the Genesis, but when Sega created their first 3D game console, the Saturn, things started to look ugly. The controller was had a putdated look and shape thus giving the N64 huge success and major pwnage over the Saturn. Here's where most people make this mistake. The Sega Dreamcast was a Sixth Generation game console. It's competitors were the PS2, Xbox, and GameCube. Many people were dissapointed with the GameCube, but it was able to last for awhile (2001-2006 or 2007). The Dreamcast only had a short life span (1998-2002) because of the PS2, games can be easliy burned, and they was losing support. Sega stopped making game consoles while Nintendo is still making game consoles and making a bit of success. Nintendo is better than Sega. nuff said.

Cade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:22 AM   #14
Cade
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: In a world of poverty, violence,sex,drugs,wars,arguements and racisim.Basically the U.S.A
Cade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:

Yeah Nintendo wins.

Both were on both consoles.

Cade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:54 AM   #15
Vornmusion
Smooth as Sandpaper
Sage of Lemonade
CB Murder Bros & Co.
Urthalre Di Wer Kepesk

Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.
Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.Vornmusion just might be Kage someday.

Quote:
Mortal Kombat, liked the overall setting of the game more.

It also has Lord Raiden who has one of the coolest hats in the history of time and space.
Vornmusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:30 AM   #16
WindScar22
Special Jonin Candidate

WindScar22 has completed a tough C-rank mission!WindScar22 has completed a tough C-rank mission!WindScar22 has completed a tough C-rank mission!

^ There's also Killer Instinct for the SNES.

Anyway, Sega lost popularity while Nintendo has stayed at the top. I give this to Nintendo, even though Sega created Sonic. That was the only good thing they did.
Vigorous and gallant....
Let's sing together
Namimori middle school!

Hibari: This signature is now perfect. If you so much as add one more word, I'll bite you to death.

Hibari: I'm so going to get you for this.
WindScar22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:12 PM   #17
mrsticky005

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cade View Post
Wooster said that already.

...At least in my case.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:14 PM   #18
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Both were on both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cade View Post
Quote:
Wooster said that already.
Apparently.

Killer Instinct is rad!

Old 07-09-2010, 06:23 PM   #19
Kunoichi
Easily Bribed

Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.
Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

To clarify, is this a debate about sega vs nintendo overall, or are we talking about the original sega vs the original nintendo?
Kunoichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 08:25 PM   #20
Sharingan Heir
Genin

Sharingan Heir is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

If it's original or overall I would still pick nintendo.
Sharingan Heir is offline   Reply With Quote