Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Anime Discussion

Naruto Anime Discussion General discussions about the Naruto anime series. Do not spoil content that has not been aired in an episode in this forum!

Old 07-01-2010, 07:43 AM   #21
bibo
Ninja Academy Student

bibo is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Beware episode 167

Very disappointing animation work this episode.........they ruined the hole invasion part, and now they ruined the end 2.
bibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 08:49 AM   #22
The Forgotten One
Chunin Exam Proctor

The Forgotten One has completed a tough C-rank mission!The Forgotten One has completed a tough C-rank mission!The Forgotten One has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Awards Showcase

I like both animation styles.

Quote:
@ Devroux: Fighting with my foot in your ass is always fun too, but I don't see any "my foot in your ass" locations, do I?

The Vicious Wolverine of the Nine Jungle Beasts

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Forgotten One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:48 AM   #23
Yori
Cool Hwip
Sierra Mist Disciple

Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Yori finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

Wow, bad eyes huh? This was the same animation that made the epic Naruto v. Sasuke. I'm glad they went back to this style because to me they made the fight more epic. I thought they would of messed up on the Chibaku Tensei scene greatly, but it was amazing.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:37 AM   #24
bacchikoi
Academy Graduate

bacchikoi is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelvinG View Post
OMG!! i cannot believe you guys love anime so much and cant recognize real hardworking animations. if you like the plain colored backgrounds and over dramatic screaming then go watch yu gi oh or bakugan and stay the hell away from this awesome show. everytime they get these guys to do an episode, it turns out to be this epic. learn something and watch some real anime dudes
the thing is i know naruto is animated really well but this is way under the standard of their usual animation. some of yall are saying that this animation is the same as the animation from naruto vs sasuke. compare the two and they are way off from each other. the naruto vs sasuke animation was amazing. this animation was just sloppy and messy
bacchikoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 05:03 PM   #25
crystalblade13
Veteran Chunin

crystalblade13 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

bacchikoi, i have no idea what the hell your watching. this episode was animated beautifully.

" I'll take a potato chip, AND EAT IT!!! " - light yagami
.___
(>_<) I'll have the Samehada just you wait!!
/----\ Put this on your siggy if you love Suigetsu.
crystalblade13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 08:07 PM   #26
kamui
Veteran Chunin

kamui saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

At least some people agree with me........................utter perfection muahahahahahah!!!

For those who submit to my power, shall have everlasting life

kamui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:45 PM   #27
Empath Of Pain
Special Jonin Candidate

Empath Of Pain is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I think this episode was purely awesome, but at the same time odd, as it was that strange animation again. Not really my style, but it didn't ruin the episode for me. i freaking watched it like half a dozen times if not more haha.
"We are but men, drawn to act in the name of revenge we deem to be "justice". But when we call our vengeance "justice", it only breeds more revenge ... forging the first link in the chains of hatred." - Pain

Shinra Tensei!
Empath Of Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:48 PM   #28
Empath Of Pain
Special Jonin Candidate

Empath Of Pain is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacchikoi View Post
the thing is i know naruto is animated really well but this is way under the standard of their usual animation. some of yall are saying that this animation is the same as the animation from naruto vs sasuke. compare the two and they are way off from each other. the naruto vs sasuke animation was amazing. this animation was just sloppy and messy
I agree that this animation was moreo n the off side. it wasn't exactly the same as that Sasuke vs Naruto fight, it was more... like you said, messy. But, we all have our opinions. But, I personally think it could have been better. it didn't ruin the episode for me though, as i watched it many times.
"We are but men, drawn to act in the name of revenge we deem to be "justice". But when we call our vengeance "justice", it only breeds more revenge ... forging the first link in the chains of hatred." - Pain

Shinra Tensei!
Empath Of Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 10:11 PM   #29
OminoUzumaki
Genin

OminoUzumaki is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I dont really know what to think about that episode. I think it was pretty epic. yea...thats what i think about it. I think the sloppiness is to stress the speed in movement.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:04 PM   #30
The 4th Sannin
Freshmen Academy Student

The 4th Sannin is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

looks like fanmade to me and if it wasn't for the last 10 min i would call it epic fail
" It is said that if you must resort to violence then you have already lost. If you must fight, win. If you cannot win, then don't bother bringing your punk a$$ back to the village!" -ancient ninja proverb by unknown author
The 4th Sannin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:12 PM   #31
Hidden Ninja45
Jonin

Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

I swear I am the only one who thought this episode was awesome.

Hidden Ninja45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:27 PM   #32
The 4th Sannin
Freshmen Academy Student

The 4th Sannin is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidden Ninja45 View Post

I'm not necessarily badmouthing the content, but you have to admit the first 12 minutes of filler was slightly substandard looking. Perfectly square blocks of earth, Pain's riduculous w/standing of the QB's attack, and the 5 sec interval going right the window was a little too much.
" It is said that if you must resort to violence then you have already lost. If you must fight, win. If you cannot win, then don't bother bringing your punk a$$ back to the village!" -ancient ninja proverb by unknown author
The 4th Sannin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 05:29 AM   #33
restless
Freshmen Academy Student

restless is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Dont talk about good ones, this arc had to have a QUALITY at all means, but i think they only think about earning money.

Last edited by restless; 07-07-2010 at 02:39 AM.
restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 12:02 PM   #34
2bein<3
Apprentice Genin

2bein<3 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokage View Post
Just watched on crunchyroll, got a couple of warnings about the episode if you want them.
Spoiler:
First the animation is dramatically different. I feel it's awful and detracts from the episode but you can decide for yourself. Second for some reason the last Pain can take way way more damage than all the other pains combined. Again I feel it hurts what should be one of the most important Naruto episodes ever.

If you were an artist and you drew the same thing over and over again won't you want to switch it up?! I know the animation is different but it will go back And I'm not sure if your familar with drawing styles, but what there trying to do is show the speed that the characters are going at as well as the intensity, plus I thought it was funny as h*** when pain got hammered down into the ground like a nail! lol

"Uh, Naruto, your speech was cool and all, but if you lose any more blood, you're going to die."

"Sorry I'm late, I got lost on the road of life."

~ Kakashi <3
2bein<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 02:54 PM   #35
crystalblade13
Veteran Chunin

crystalblade13 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidden Ninja45 View Post
nope...out of every opinion of this episode i've heard (a crap ton). the vast majority loved it. it just seems like there's lots of haters because they complain over and over again. half of them are total idiots, as they complain about the animation (which was extremely high quality). btw, i freakin' loved this episode.

" I'll take a potato chip, AND EAT IT!!! " - light yagami
.___
(>_<) I'll have the Samehada just you wait!!
/----\ Put this on your siggy if you love Suigetsu.
crystalblade13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:09 AM   #36
Eeltauy
Genin Elite

Eeltauy is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to Eeltauy

I really hate the face animations of this episode which was so elastic and paste like!! Pain's face was really funny and ridicules! I was so disappointed when I first watched this episode and I hope the next episode would return to normal!
Old 07-07-2010, 01:51 AM   #37
Hidan
Special Jonin Candidate

Hidan has completed a tough C-rank mission!Hidan has completed a tough C-rank mission!Hidan has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacchikoi View Post
are you blind? that was not the same animation from naruto vs sasuke. there were moments in this episode where i couldnt tell what was going on
Actually it was animated by the same people who did 133 in the original series, so yes, it is the same people. So in a sense you are blind.

However, this is their first episode since 133 so they have become a little rusty so to speak.

Also you should complain about the art of the episode, not the animation. Because if I am correct you are complaining about how the characters looked and crap like that, not how fluid the motions were. (Seriously, this episode had like 75fps, most episodes had like 20fps)

~
~

Last edited by Hidan; 07-07-2010 at 01:56 AM.
Hidan is offline   Reply With Quote