Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Leaf Village Council > Forum Feedback & Issues

Forum Feedback & Issues Having problems using the forums or site? Maybe you have some feedback about the site you'd like to share? Post it here.

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 08:56 AM   #1
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default I Think We Should Implement A New System.

For rep. I was thinking that we could have a system when you rep, and then it has the color of the rep, the thread, the username of the person who repped you and then the comment. That way we know who gave us rep and we don't have to worry about forgetting to sign or something.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:57 AM   #2
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Super High School Level Narcissist
Quasi-Admin

Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via MSN to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Maikeru D. Shinigami
Default Re: I Think We Should Implement A New System.

I believe we've decided that most people can't be trusted knowing this.

YouTube:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
src="
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Old 06-29-2010, 08:59 AM   #3
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

So what if we make a system that you cannot give rep to the person who just negged you within 5 days?
Old 06-29-2010, 09:00 AM   #4
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Quasi-Admin

Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via MSN to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Maikeru D. Shinigami

If you're doing that, then it's just delaying the inevitable, more than likely. Not sure we could even do that.

YouTube:
src="
Old 06-29-2010, 09:01 AM   #5
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Awards Showcase

Not really. It seems that people let go of things if they can't do it right away.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:49 AM   #6
Sage Mode
Site Admin - The Great Toad Sage
Viz Administrator

Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Your apparent extreme curiosity to know who repped you is the reason names aren't included.

A. he is gonna say this is sweet
B. leave not saying anything
C. he is gonna close the thread

--dogboy22
Old 06-29-2010, 12:19 PM   #7
Kuroda Taishi
Banned

Kuroda Taishi is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I think you should stop asking to know who repped you.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:23 PM   #8
Twilight Original
Chunin Exam Participant

Twilight Original is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroda Taishi View Post
I think you should stop asking to know who repped you.
A user called ''Shika'' just uprepped me, and all I got was about 4 rep points. *Looks at Shikas rep power* It says 14, do you see 4? No. We must know who affects our reputation. If a user negative reps back, the user who got negative repped by that other user may contact a moderator.

Spoiler:
Quote:
Quote:
A
thank you so much, Master!!!

Oh Gaara's Girl, your the sunshine in my day.
Quote:
Your my true daddy sus could never change what happened between us

Old 06-29-2010, 12:25 PM   #9
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Quasi-Admin

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Original View Post
A user called ''Shika'' just uprepped me, and all I got was about 4 rep points. *Looks at Shikas rep power* It says 14, do you see 4? No. We must know who affects our reputation. If a user negative reps back, the user who got negative repped by that other user may contact a moderator.
There's a user named "Shika".

YouTube:
src="
Old 06-29-2010, 12:28 PM   #10
Twilight Original
Chunin Exam Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maikeru Shinigami View Post
There's a user named "Shika".
It has to be Shikamaru Nara cause who else could it have been?

On the forum, who do... 06-27-2010 02:06 PM I'm worthy. =] ~Shika

And if it was Shikamaru Nara, I did not get 14 rep points. All I got was about 7. If my memories serves me right.

Spoiler:
Quote:
Quote:
A

Quote:

Old 06-29-2010, 12:33 PM   #11
Kuroda Taishi
Banned

Quote:
It has to be Shikamaru Nara cause who else could it have been?
.............He just told you there is a user with the name "Shika". If you are not going to read, don't bother posting anymore.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:34 PM   #12
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Quasi-Admin

Awards Showcase

Perhaps it was three:

http://naruto.viz.com/forum/member.php?u=8355

@KT: I know, right? >.>

YouTube:
src="
Old 06-29-2010, 12:38 PM   #13
Lady Tsunade
Old.

Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Sorry Shika, Im pretty much siding with some of the above posts. Its not a good idea to always put your name in a comment, whether it be a neg rep or plus rep. People try to rep other people up for repping them, or neg people down if they negged them. At least now we can choose to leave our name or not. If it was automatic to have our names left with a rep. Things could get ugly.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:39 PM   #14
Kuroda Taishi
Banned

Quote:
No, you don't need to know. And we mods don't want to deal with your retalitory neg reps, so don't bother contacting us unless you get 10 in a row from the same person. Then we will just take away his rep powers.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:42 PM   #15
Twilight Original
Chunin Exam Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maikeru Shinigami View Post
Perhaps it was three:

http://naruto.viz.com/forum/member.php?u=8355

@KT: I know, right? >.>
Didn't see that coming.

/stops spamming now

Edit: Hold up. He uprepped me for no reason because he isn't on my worthy's list if you read my post.

Spoiler:
Quote:
Quote:
A

Quote:

Last edited by Twilight Original; 06-29-2010 at 12:45 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:43 PM   #16
gama-sennin
Special Jonin Candidate

gama-sennin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.gama-sennin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.gama-sennin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.gama-sennin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.gama-sennin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.gama-sennin is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

I think shika is right. Its really easy when you think about it. There are two types of users on this forum.
1. the guys who matter
2. those who dont

When you get down-repped by someone from first category they will always give you an exact reason and their name. (trust me i know). That way you can contact them and resolve the issue. These guys will down-rep only ffor a valid reason and never otherwise. These guys will definitely offer you an explanation.

On the other hand guys from second category will never give you any reason other than something like "you suck" or "i hate you" and they will never give you their name. These guys dont care if there is any reason for down-rep or not. If you make the user name compulsory then almost 90% of this group will stop handing out down-rep here and there.

Now about the problem of retaliatory down-rep. It can only happen the moment you get down-reped. If there is an interval of something like 5 days then you are most likely to forget all about it.

Quote of the day...

Quote:
If life is going to exist in a Universe of this size, then the one thing it cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion
Old 06-29-2010, 12:46 PM   #17
<Aurega?>
Because having a blank username couldn't possibly be any more annoying

<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Honestly, the solution would be to ban the ability to uprep someone, because you should uprep good posts, not the person who made it.

And this is a terrible idea, which will most likely result in a lot of fighting over rep and it will mean more work for the moderators (in addition to giving them more powers).
Old 06-29-2010, 02:25 PM   #18
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Toma RNK completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.
Toma RNK completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

So having the time check would require about 5-15 hours of paid coding at around 20 bucks an hour, plus a 1 week quality testing time as that could seriously mess with stuff.

If I get 5 hours of coding paid by viz, there are tons of other features I'd like to see.

And I'm with everyone else, people would just wait and downrep.

I am tempted to let everyone see who left them rep, just so everyone would understand WHY this decision was made.

May 18th 2009: PM Hell... never forget.
Best post ever!

Always remember

Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from evil.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:05 PM   #19
Jonesy
likes to post-it post-it
Konoha Military Force

Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Jonesy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

It would cause a lot of fights in my opinion, but that's just me.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:43 AM   #20
SRhyse
Site Admin - Uber Kage
Viz Administrator

SRhyse just might be Kage someday.
SRhyse just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto|Uzumaki View Post
It would cause a lot of fights in my opinion, but that's just me.
The loss of the option for anonymity when up or downrepping people would break the rep system and cause riots.

The best you can do is start leaving your own username on reps you make, and encourage others to do the same .
My dog Elly FTW:

*Alot of people have been asking to help me with various things on the site, many of which involve sharing files between me and other members. Since I get asked almost every day, to do this or collaborate with me personally, use
gives you a lot more free space than normal to work with if that helps, but mainly, it's easier than me getting a thousand emails I have to download and upload with a file again to reply
. Thanks for wanting to help though!
Closed Thread