Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Old 06-27-2010, 02:24 PM   #1
Gamabunta
Big Bad Bully
Tactless

Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Default I Hate Articles Like This

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/articl...lar%2F19530666

Anyone at my church could have told you that. Anyone with a thorough understanding of the Bible could have told you that. Any historians of antiquity could have told you that. I don't even blame the scholar. My guess is that the stupid journalist decided to write a misleading story about it. This scholar certanly isn't the first to make this claim, it's almost common knowledge among those who study the Bible. He is pretty much aiming to convince those out there who did not know it that Christianity and the Bible have gotten it wrong on one of their most important symbols. Borderline dishonest.
Old 06-27-2010, 02:37 PM   #2
ItachiAnbu
Special Jonin Candidate

ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: I Hate Articles Like This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamabunta View Post
http://www.aolnews.com/nation/articl...lar%2F19530666

Anyone at my church could have told you that. Anyone with a thorough understanding of the Bible could have told you that. Any historians of antiquity could have told you that. I don't even blame the scholar. My guess is that the stupid journalist decided to write a misleading story about it. This scholar certanly isn't the first to make this claim, it's almost common knowledge among those who study the Bible. He is pretty much aiming to convince those out there who did not know it that Christianity and the Bible have gotten it wrong on one of their most important symbols. Borderline dishonest.
Meh, it just seems like another "nothing news" article to me. Journalists/Anchormen without any real "breaking", or even relevant news to give you, will, to compete with their rival sites/stations, send out loads of tiny, mindless, insignificant, and irrelevant articles to appease the hunger of the masses.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ItachiAnbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 02:59 PM   #3
Err
Special Jonin Candidate

Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

Gama, Christ didn't die on a cross? Just trying to confirm.

JW's believe that he didn't die on a cross.
To further the point, we are a social species because we are interdependent. You could count on your hand how many people in a millennium can get by with absolutely no help from anyone else ever. Yet we never work together. That's why ants will eventually bring us down.
Err is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 05:05 PM   #4
Sasori_X
Chunin Exam Proctor

Sasori_X is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

So are you disagreeing with the journalist or not? People interpret books differently is all, so I'm not surprise if people who study the bible would think differently otherwise. Anyways my knowledge on old language is little so I can't really take in the evidence they give.

"Snooping as usual I see"- Robotnik and his magnificent pingas
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

More than happy to add you as a friend.
Sasori_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 05:05 PM   #5
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamabunta View Post
http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/little-evidence-jesus-died-on-a-cross-says-swedish-scholar/19530666?icid=main|main|dl1|link2|http%3A%2F%2Fwww .aolnews.com%2Fnation%2Farticle%2Flittle-evidence-jesus-died-on-a-cross-says-swedish-scholar%2F19530666

I don't think HOW Jesus dies matters as much as WHY Jesus died.

Spam once and the forum will be annoyed.
Spam twice and warnings will be deployed
Spam thrice and a infraction you will receive
Spam 8,984 times and a FAIL Agent you''ll soon be.

...At least in my case.
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 05:11 PM   #6
Sasori_X
Chunin Exam Proctor

Sasori_X is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
We live in a society where all questions must be answered in order to be happy with it and go on with our everyday life. People strive for knowledge and while its not a bad thing, somethings just go beyond stupidity.

"Snooping as usual I see"- Robotnik and his magnificent pingas

More than happy to add you as a friend.
Sasori_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 06:11 PM   #7
Gamabunta
Big Bad Bully
Tactless

Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItachiAnbu View Post
Meh, it just seems like another "nothing news" article to me. Journalists/Anchormen without any real "breaking", or even relevant news to give you, will, to compete with their rival sites/stations, send out loads of tiny, mindless, insignificant, and irrelevant articles to appease the hunger of the masses.
True. It also feeds them opinions and trains them how to think. Real reporting doesn't have so much opinon and spin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Err View Post
Gama, Christ didn't die on a cross? Just trying to confirm.

JW's believe that he didn't die on a cross.
A cross is a symbol. Whether or not he did or didn't doesn't really matter. The language used to describe the cross is vague in the sense that it also describes other objects used for crucifing. For all intents and purposes the cross symoblizes his death. I personally believe he was, and that is only because of the who nailing if the wrists.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasori_X View Post
So are you disagreeing with the journalist or not? People interpret books differently is all, so I'm not surprise if people who study the bible would think differently otherwise. Anyways my knowledge on old language is little so I can't really take in the evidence they give.
Read what I had to say in the first post and maybe you'd know that. And no certain parts of the Bible are meant to be intrepreted. Very few parts. Others are literal. And the language is Greek I believe, so it's old but it's not dead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
True.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasori_X View Post
We live in a society where all questions must be answered in order to be happy with it and go on with our everyday life. People strive for knowledge and while its not a bad thing, somethings just go beyond stupidity.
No. This is just a covert attempt at attacking Christianity's foundation and relevance.