Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Narutoverse

Narutoverse For all the debates involving characters from the Naruto series.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2010, 06:06 PM   #21
Toad Master
Genin
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 387
Rep Power: 0
Toad Master is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: A Minato Speed feat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 321zigzag2 View Post
Wasn't Raikage's speed compared to Minato's though?
I thought I seen it somewhere in the Mange where they sompared the Raikages speed with that of Minato.
Toad Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 06:09 PM   #22
Nyruss
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 8,045
Rep Power: 0
Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: A Minato Speed feat!

During his "fight" with Sasuke, the Raikage's fanboy squad did compare his speed with the Fourth's. But that's not a feat, it's hype. I'm perfectly happy to use it, but this thread was made to discuss the non-existant speed feat of the Fourth moving fifty gajillion miles in a split second using Shunshin instead of instantly teleporting with Flying Thunder God because he hates Kakashi and is intentionally taking the slower route in the hopes that Kakashi will die.
Nyruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 06:11 PM   #23
Toad Master
Genin
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 387
Rep Power: 0
Toad Master is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: A Minato Speed feat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudemeister View Post
Can you point out in chapter 240 page seven exactly where Obito and Rin are at the moment Kakashi gets attacked? And where Kakashi is in relation to them? And where the Fourth is?

Here's what we know about Kakashi. He's got a kunai with a seal on it. Why, if he's several hundred bajillion miles away, would the Fourth choose to run the distance between himself and Kakashi when he could instantly teleport there? Does he care so little about his student that he would choose to take the scenic route rather than take a more reasonable course of action in the interest of saving Kakashi's life?

Your logic is garbage and shouldn't even be called logic. Closer to mindless wank.
In one pic you see Minato save Obito from a shadow clone, it then goes to a somewhat birds eye view, where you see the smoke from the shadow clone being destoryed and Kakashi and the stone ninja is a couple 100 meters away by the mushroom's, Minato seen Kakashi saved him and made back to Obito in a matter on a second or 2.
Toad Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 06:14 PM   #24
Toad Master
Genin
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 387
Rep Power: 0
Toad Master is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: A Minato Speed feat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudemeister View Post
During his "fight" with Sasuke, the Raikage's fanboy squad did compare his speed with the Fourth's. But that's not a feat, it's hype. I'm perfectly happy to use it, but this thread was made to discuss the non-existant speed feat of the Fourth moving fifty gajillion miles in a split second using Shunshin instead of instantly teleporting with Flying Thunder God because he hates Kakashi and is intentionally taking the slower route in the hopes that Kakashi will die.
If he knew he could make it, why use it, and anyway didn't Kakashi tell obito to hold his things he got from the fourth & Rin?, if so that would mean Obito had the Kunai and not kakashi.
Toad Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 11:31 PM   #25
Nyruss
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 8,045
Rep Power: 0
Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: A Minato Speed feat!

Why not? Surely he cares enough about Kakashi's life to instantly teleport instead of taking the time to run. Unless you can prove he hates Kakashi enough to risk his life in such a manner.

Yes, Kakashi did tell Obito to hold his stuff, but no, Obito did not. He went off on a tangent about how he would surpass Kakashi and the plot moved forward without anyone carrying anyone else's stuff. Unless you can prove it.

I have yet to see any definitive evidence that he didn't use FTG. I'll give you till the start of page three to provide this evidence before I declare myself the winner. That's fifteen posts.

Last edited by Nyruss; 06-11-2010 at 11:37 PM.
Nyruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 08:09 AM   #26
Yellow Flash
Legend of the Solstice
 
Yellow Flash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,420
Rep Power: 13
Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Default Re: A Minato Speed feat!

When Kakashi went on was attacking the Stone ninja he didn't have a back-pack on. Just sayin'.
Yellow Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:15 AM   #27
LeafShinobi22
Genin
 
LeafShinobi22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The city that never sleeps...
Posts: 228
Rep Power: 0
LeafShinobi22 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: A Minato Speed feat!

Dudemeister, you might be right, there really isn't any proof that your wrong.

But, there isn't any proof that your right either.

Your argument is "why would he not use it when he could easily just teleport to his location". Which is a valid argument.

But Toadmaster's is "why would he use it when his speed could be just as easy as teleporting, considering he's the yellow flash and his speed is his main ability". Which is also a valid argument.

So your logic holds no more water than his. His initial thought that it was obviously his speed was wrong, and you could possibly be right. But you could also possibly be wrong, and it was his speed that saved kakashi.
__________________
Money=Life Support/Riches=Happiness

No Money=Poverty=Depression

"Money makes the world go round. A world where morals come after riches is a world ruled by greed"-Me
LeafShinobi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:19 AM   #28
The 1st Hokage
Monster Disciple
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bein' naked in your closet. Don't worry, I'm not comin out.
Posts: 11,382
Rep Power: 13
The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: A Minato Speed feat!

Honestly toad master, you think that Minato is supersonic+ on foot? This may not be as horrible as some of the Minato wanks I've seen (Minato is lightspeed without FTG) but he isn't SM Naruto speed.
__________________
I AM GAY FOR SHIKA<3

Quote:
I looked at the post and laughed SO HARD again! I hate you, 1st Hokage.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I AM STRAIGHT FOR VEX<3



I AM ALSO GAY FOR JONESY<3
The 1st Hokage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:21 AM   #29
LeafShinobi22
Genin
 
LeafShinobi22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The city that never sleeps...
Posts: 228
Rep Power: 0
LeafShinobi22 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: A Minato Speed feat!

Toadmaster is trying to say that his speed could be just as fast, and there isn't really any proof showing it isn't.

There isn't any proof to back up any of this, so this debate is pointless.
__________________
Money=Life Support/Riches=Happiness

No Money=Poverty=Depression

"Money makes the world go round. A world where morals come after riches is a world ruled by greed"-Me
LeafShinobi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:23 AM   #30
The 1st Hokage
Monster Disciple
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bein' naked in your closet. Don't worry, I'm not comin out.
Posts: 11,382
Rep Power: 13
The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: A Minato Speed feat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafShinobi22 View Post
Toadmaster is trying to say that his speed could be just as fast, and there isn't really any proof showing it isn't.

There isn't any proof to back up any of this, so this debate is pointless.
Yeah. Minato, even in the filler chapter is still shrouded in mystery. He wouldn't of given the marked kunai for no reason though.
__________________
I AM GAY FOR SHIKA<3

Quote:
I looked at the post and laughed SO HARD again! I hate you, 1st Hokage.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I AM STRAIGHT FOR VEX<3



I AM ALSO GAY FOR JONESY<3
The 1st Hokage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:32 AM   #31
LeafShinobi22
Genin
 
LeafShinobi22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The city that never sleeps...
Posts: 228
Rep Power: 0
LeafShinobi22 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: A Minato Speed feat!

Actually, I meant there isn't any proof showing his speed isn't just as fast as teleporting, which is what toadmaster is trying to say.

Dudemeister proved his point well. He has a point in saying there isn't any proof showing he didn't use the FTG tech.

But there isn't any legit proof showing he did, so there's no winner in this debate. It isn't crazy to imply that minato has that kind of speed. He's the fourth hokage, why is it insane to say that he has speed comparable or even greater than raikage's?

Raikage isn't even known for his speed, while Minato is. Minato's trademark attack was his speed. I know that isn't proof that he used his speed to save kakashi, and that's not what I'm trying to say.

But there's no proof showing he didn't. Just saying "I don't think he had that speed because there's no proof showing he did", is baseless.
__________________
Money=Life Support/Riches=Happiness

No Money=Poverty=Depression

"Money makes the world go round. A world where morals come after riches is a world ruled by greed"-Me
LeafShinobi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:34 AM   #32
LeafShinobi22
Genin
 
LeafShinobi22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The city that never sleeps...
Posts: 228
Rep Power: 0
LeafShinobi22 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: A Minato Speed feat!

like i said before, this debate is pointless. There's no proof on either side of the debate so there's never gonna be a winner.
__________________
Money=Life Support/Riches=Happiness

No Money=Poverty=Depression

"Money makes the world go round. A world where morals come after riches is a world ruled by greed"-Me
LeafShinobi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:34 AM   #33
J-Sun Tasogare
is secretly a carebear
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 21,266
Rep Power: 17
J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.
Default Re: A Minato Speed feat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafShinobi22 View Post
Actually, I meant there isn't any proof showing his speed isn't just as fast as teleporting, which is what toadmaster is trying to say.

Dudemeister proved his point well. He has a point in saying there isn't any proof showing he didn't use the FTG tech.

But there isn't any legit proof showing he did, so there's no winner in this debate. It isn't crazy to imply that minato has that kind of speed. He's the fourth hokage, why is it insane to say that he has speed comparable or even greater than raikage's?

Raikage isn't even known for his speed, while Minato is. Minato's trademark attack was his speed. I know that isn't proof that he used his speed to save kakashi, and that's not what I'm trying to say.

But there's no proof showing he didn't. Just saying "I don't think he had that speed because there's no proof showing he did", is baseless.
Easy, because we have no feats so we can't assume.
J-Sun Tasogare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:38 AM   #34
The 1st Hokage
Monster Disciple
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bein' naked in your closet. Don't worry, I'm not comin out.
Posts: 11,382
Rep Power: 13
The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: A Minato Speed feat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafShinobi22 View Post
Actually, I meant there isn't any proof showing his speed isn't just as fast as teleporting, which is what toadmaster is trying to say.

Dudemeister proved his point well. He has a point in saying there isn't any proof showing he didn't use the FTG tech.

But there isn't any legit proof showing he did, so there's no winner in this debate. It isn't crazy to imply that minato has that kind of speed. He's the fourth hokage, why is it insane to say that he has speed comparable or even greater than raikage's?

Raikage isn't even known for his speed, while Minato is. Minato's trademark attack was his speed. I know that isn't proof that he used his speed to save kakashi, and that's not what I'm trying to say.

But there's no proof showing he didn't. Just saying "I don't think he had that speed because there's no proof showing he did", is baseless.
If his speed equels his FTG technique than one or the other is pointless controdicting itself.
__________________
I AM GAY FOR SHIKA<3

Quote:
I looked at the post and laughed SO HARD again! I hate you, 1st Hokage.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I AM STRAIGHT FOR VEX<3



I AM ALSO GAY FOR JONESY<3
The 1st Hokage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:41 AM   #35
LeafShinobi22
Genin
 
LeafShinobi22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The city that never sleeps...
Posts: 228
Rep Power: 0
LeafShinobi22 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: A Minato Speed feat!

If one takes more energy than the other, than that's not true
__________________
Money=Life Support/Riches=Happiness

No Money=Poverty=Depression

"Money makes the world go round. A world where morals come after riches is a world ruled by greed"-Me
LeafShinobi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:45 AM   #36
The 1st Hokage
Monster Disciple
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bein' naked in your closet. Don't worry, I'm not comin out.
Posts: 11,382
Rep Power: 13
The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: A Minato Speed feat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafShinobi22 View Post
If one takes more energy than the other, than that's not true
Using a bit of charka to transport a long distance quickly, or take alot of stamina to do the same. Since we don't know either, then they controdict each other.
__________________
I AM GAY FOR SHIKA<3

Quote:
I looked at the post and laughed SO HARD again! I hate you, 1st Hokage.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I AM STRAIGHT FOR VEX<3



I AM ALSO GAY FOR JONESY<3
The 1st Hokage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:46 AM   #37
LeafShinobi22
Genin
 
LeafShinobi22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The city that never sleeps...
Posts: 228
Rep Power: 0
LeafShinobi22 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: A Minato Speed feat!

He could have just been reacting on instinct. And like I said before, if his speed is just as fast as teleporting and he was sure he'd get there in time, than it's possible he was using his speed.
__________________
Money=Life Support/Riches=Happiness

No Money=Poverty=Depression

"Money makes the world go round. A world where morals come after riches is a world ruled by greed"-Me
LeafShinobi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:48 AM   #38
The 1st Hokage
Monster Disciple
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bein' naked in your closet. Don't worry, I'm not comin out.
Posts: 11,382
Rep Power: 13
The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: A Minato Speed feat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafShinobi22 View Post
He could have just been reacting on instinct. And like I said before, if his speed is just as fast as teleporting and he was sure he'd get there in time, than it's possible he was using his speed.
He gave kakashi a marked kunai, therefor we can infer that he used FTG.
__________________
I AM GAY FOR SHIKA<3

Quote:
I looked at the post and laughed SO HARD again! I hate you, 1st Hokage.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I AM STRAIGHT FOR VEX<3



I AM ALSO GAY FOR JONESY<3
The 1st Hokage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:49 AM   #39
Miles Edgeworth
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Miles Edgeworth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: St. Mystere
Posts: 10,448
Rep Power: 14
Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Send a message via AIM to Miles Edgeworth Send a message via MSN to Miles Edgeworth
Default Re: A Minato Speed feat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafShinobi22 View Post
Actually, I meant there isn't any proof showing his speed isn't just as fast as teleporting, which is what toadmaster is trying to say.

Dudemeister proved his point well. He has a point in saying there isn't any proof showing he didn't use the FTG tech.

But there isn't any legit proof showing he did, so there's no winner in this debate. It isn't crazy to imply that minato has that kind of speed. He's the fourth hokage, why is it insane to say that he has speed comparable or even greater than raikage's?

Raikage isn't even known for his speed, while Minato is. Minato's trademark attack was his speed. I know that isn't proof that he used his speed to save kakashi, and that's not what I'm trying to say.

But there's no proof showing he didn't. Just saying "I don't think he had that speed because there's no proof showing he did", is baseless.
Raikage is not known for his speed? Despite the fact he has demonstrated the best speed feats in the entire series? What now? If you mean in-verse, it's kinda hard for a guy who only had one fight and barely got introduced to be "known for his speed." That's like saying Naruto is not known for his power, despite the fact that he is actually one of the strongest characters at this point.

Also, it's very easy for one's perception to be inaccurate. What some claim to be Minato's "speed" could easily be his teleportation. The fact he can teleport quickly and do multiple actions via teleportation, many people who do not know of his technique could simply claim he is very fast.

Does that make it true?
Miles Edgeworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 10:03 AM   #40
LeafShinobi22
Genin
 
LeafShinobi22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The city that never sleeps...
Posts: 228
Rep Power: 0
LeafShinobi22 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: A Minato Speed feat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 1st Hokage View Post
He gave kakashi a marked kunai, therefor we can infer that he used FTG.
It still could have been instinct. There really isn't any way to prove that it wasn't instinctual. Yeah, he gave kakashi a kunai, but he's fast also.... see my point?

That's like saying because naruto knows sage mode he's gonna use it in all of his fights. Could he? Yeah. But we don't know that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Edgeworth View Post
Raikage is not known for his speed? Despite the fact he has demonstrated the best speed feats in the entire series? What now? If you mean in-verse, it's kinda hard for a guy who only had one fight and barely got introduced to be "known for his speed." That's like saying Naruto is not known for his power, despite the fact that he is actually one of the strongest characters at this point.

Also, it's very easy for one's perception to be inaccurate. What some claim to be Minato's "speed" could easily be his teleportation. The fact he can teleport quickly and do multiple actions via teleportation, many people who do not know of his technique could simply claim he is very fast.

Does that make it true?
Well, I should have rephrased that. He's not only known for his speed, he's known for his strength as well. But I see your point. We don't really know what he's "known" for doing, which is true.

But does that make it untrue? See what I mean. There's no proof on either side of this debate. There's no way to prove minato doesn't have that kind of speed or that he didn't save kakashi using his speed.
__________________
Money=Life Support/Riches=Happiness

No Money=Poverty=Depression

"Money makes the world go round. A world where morals come after riches is a world ruled by greed"-Me
LeafShinobi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.