Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > The Bowl

The Bowl For anything miscellaneously about Naruto that you can't seem to fit elsewhere.

Old 06-09-2010, 06:07 PM   #1
RSAHinataSpringbokF1
Jonin

RSAHinataSpringbokF1 has completed a tough C-rank mission!RSAHinataSpringbokF1 has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Awards Showcase

Default What did you think of vol. 48?

Since I bought Naruto vol. 48, it'll be nice to talk about. THe manga had the conclusion of the Pain arc and the beginning of the Danzo as Hokage saga. Techincally, I don't want to bore you too much. Anyway, what do think of vol. 48? If you've got it, have a say. If not, get it.
Viva Paraguay, Lugo y la albirroja
Paz y justicia (peace and justice)
Vive Cote d'Ivoire y vive les Elephants
Union-Discipline-Travail (Union, Discipline, Labor)
Viva Mexico y el Tri
Vive Louisiane, Saints, Drew Brees, les Habs, Quebec, et Youppi!
RSAHinataSpringbokF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 07:53 PM   #2
Alfred Van
Genin

Alfred Van is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: What did you think of vol. 48?

I haven't bought volume 48(nor 47,but I MUST get them soon), but I read some chapters in the Shonen Jump magazine(but since when I read it I had till volume 40 I didn't understand it very well). It looks very awesome how Pain is making a countdown for his next attack while Naruto is attacking him.

And as an extra, volume 48 includes a card.
Alfred Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 07:56 PM   #3
RSAHinataSpringbokF1
Jonin

RSAHinataSpringbokF1 has completed a tough C-rank mission!RSAHinataSpringbokF1 has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfred Van View Post
I haven't bought volume 48(nor 47,but I MUST get them soon), but I read some chapters in the Shonen Jump magazine(but since when I read it I had till volume 40 I didn't understand it very well). It looks very awesome how Pain is making a countdown for his next attack while Naruto is attacking him.

And as an extra, volume 48 includes a card.
I can't blame you for not getting vol 48. I can tell you is get vol. 48 and tell me what do you think of the manga?
Viva Mexico y el Tri
Old 06-12-2010, 07:59 PM   #4
lolohwd
Special Jonin Candidate

lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.lolohwd finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

i think its a rich part of the manga full of character development and nice fights

4/5
lolohwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 08:24 PM   #5
Kazuki Dekiru
Chunin Exam Participant

Kazuki Dekiru is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Unfortunately I have yet to get volume 48 of the Naruto manga. That being said, it's not out of laziness or lack of caring to get the manga. I'm just trying to work my way up according to my iwshlist by starting with the cheapest manga out there (the volumes of manga that are still around $8 for SRP/MSRP) to save as much money each week as possible so I can one of these days have the money to buy some of the cheap anime DVDs like the rest of the YuYu Hakusho sets or the Eureka Seven movie.

So far I managed to get volume 21 of One Piece, volume 45 of Naruto (the last volume to be at the $7.99 price point) and volume 1 of My Girlfriend's a geek (the last one I would REALLY recommend even if you're like a guy like me who's not a fan of shoujo because it takes the perspective of the guy dealing with how a yaoi-loving girl or a "fujoshi" thinks). So as soon as I can get at least 47 of Naruto, I'll get volume 48.

With all of that being said, I do remember what more or less what happened in the chapters of what would be in volume 48 and all I can say is Naruto can make one hell of a peace-keeper. It's really interesting seeing the story take the perspective of both the protagonist (Naruto) and antagonist (Nagato) as oppose to making it be a generic, black & white, good v.s evil.

Last edited by Kazuki Dekiru; 06-12-2010 at 08:26 PM.
Kazuki Dekiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 11:50 PM   #6
Sasquatchistan
Genin

Sasquatchistan is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Its a really special volume to me from the ideological standpoint. That having been said, I disagree with both Nagato and Naruto. Nagato somewhat represents anarchism, and Naruto is an idealist. Danzo may not be the kindest man out there, but he represents rationality and sense. Its a dog-eat-dog world, and Danzo intends to keep it like that, natural. Unfortunately, not everyone can be happy. Sorry Naruto and Nagato. (Btw Pain is my favorite character since at the very least he HAS an ideology, not to mention he is awesome. What a well developed character!)
Sasquatchistan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 11:52 PM   #7
Princess Azula
Freshmen Academy Student

Princess Azula is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I loved it. Excellent volume.
Princess Azula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 11:54 PM   #8
ULTRA FMA FAN
Genin

ULTRA FMA FAN is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSAHinataSpringbokF1 View Post
Since I bought Naruto vol. 48, it'll be nice to talk about. THe manga had the conclusion of the Pain arc and the beginning of the Danzo as Hokage saga. Techincally, I don't want to bore you too much. Anyway, what do think of vol. 48? If you've got it, have a say. If not, get it.
I just reserved it at the library so if i like it i will buy it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken:
The crownless again shall be king.
Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. We are tonight's entertainment! I only have one question. Where is Harvey Dent?
[nobody responds; The Joker walks around the room pointing with his shotgun at everyone]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ULTRA FMA FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 06:42 PM   #9
RSAHinataSpringbokF1
Jonin

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRA FMA FAN View Post
I just reserved it at the library so if i like it i will buy it.
Congrats. IF you read vol. 48 of the Naruto manga, don't be affraid to tell me on the volume.
Viva Mexico y el Tri
Old 06-13-2010, 06:47 PM   #10
sarutobi17
Special Jonin Candidate

sarutobi17 finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.sarutobi17 finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.sarutobi17 finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.sarutobi17 finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.sarutobi17 finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.sarutobi17 finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.sarutobi17 finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.sarutobi17 finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

i thought it was better then vol:47 imo.their is one part i hate but thats it.
"Ever my heart rises as we draw near the mountains. There is good rock here. This country has tough bones. I felt them in my feet as we came up from the dike. Give me a year and a hundred of my kin and I would make this a place that armies would break upon like water. ...Sleep! I feel the need of it. Yet my axe is restless in my hand. Give me a row of orc-necks and room to swing and all weariness will fall from me!"-Gimli {LOTR}
sarutobi17 is offline   Reply With Quote