Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Old 06-03-2010, 03:55 PM   #21
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Is Spilt Oil Ruined?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamabunta View Post
Me. I think it's being hijacked and overly hyped up like everything else nowadays.
Somehow I think that these ships aren't really being built as well as they
could be built.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spam once and the forum will be annoyed.
Spam twice and warnings will be deployed
Spam thrice and a infraction you will receive
Spam 8,984 times and a FAIL Agent you''ll soon be.

...At least in my case.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 03:57 PM   #22
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Toma RNK completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.
Toma RNK completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

I'm more upset that the science behind how to clean up a massive spill has not been researched. We are still using techniques from the 70's.

May 18th 2009: PM Hell... never forget.
Best post ever!

Always remember

Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from evil.
Toma RNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 04:02 PM   #23
kiba3882
Chunin Exam Participant

kiba3882 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

It seems our society is still stuck on the Titanic's unsinkable ship notion and that all of our vessels will never folly; so thats probably why scientists aren't researching more efficient ways to contain the oil.

Kisamesgirl's Long Lost Sister...Reunites at last!
Mangagirl's Crazy Alcoholic Auntie...now go get auntie a brewsky!
kiba3882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 04:04 PM   #24
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toma RNK View Post
I'm more upset that the science behind how to clean up a massive spill has not been researched. We are still using techniques from the 70's.
Well problem is the development to get the oil has advanced, but not the clean up. However, really the two fail safe devices should have stopped this that they both crapped out is quite unfortunate.

Although, some measures have improved like the dispersants, and the ability to drill down to tap the well. Of course, that still takes a long time.

Wooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 04:06 PM   #25
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I dunno...I think it actually HAS been researched quite a bit.
Either that, or something is preventing it from being researched.

It's like with airlines. They have something called "tombstone technology".
When there's a crash, they figure out why and how to prevent it from happening again. They do this because they want to stay in business.

Oil companies are similar...spilled oil is wasted oil and that's money lost.
If they can, they're going to research how to prevent such disasters or
what to do if they happen. That is if they want to stay in business.
Of course I dunno if other factors prevent this.

...At least in my case.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:37 PM   #26
narutoobsession
Ninja Academy Student

narutoobsession is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
If not then I say declare the oil spilled as free and up for grabs.
Haha. Nice. Too bad it's not that easy.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:49 PM   #27
mrsticky005

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by narutoobsession View Post
Haha. Nice. Too bad it's not that easy.

Why not? Sure it's probably physically difficult to obtain...but that doesn't
necessarily mean it's impossible to obtain. Also it's not like BP is going to use
the oil anymore (or are they?) Or are you more worried about violence amongst looters?

...At least in my case.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:50 PM   #28
queendarkness
Special Jonin Candidate

queendarkness has a spectacular chakra aura going on.queendarkness has a spectacular chakra aura going on.queendarkness has a spectacular chakra aura going on.queendarkness has a spectacular chakra aura going on.queendarkness has a spectacular chakra aura going on.queendarkness has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Send a message via Yahoo to queendarkness

hm...maybe...yes..

''Effective leadership is not about making speeches or being liked; leadership is defined by results not attributes.''~Peter Drucker
queendarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 12:57 PM   #29
Spark
Special Jonin Candidate

Spark is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

i would just like to say come down to florida and visit our beaches(there still clean) and we really enjoy your visits
Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 12:58 PM   #30
Jinchiruuki

Quote:
Denmark has great science/technology to clean up such spills and they even offered their assistance to us but we have yet to either accept that or we have ignored it.

To reply to Mrsticky: We are too greedy to spend money on such things...while we have done SOME research...they would rather spend the money on exporting and transporting the crude oil they do have than fix the 20+ year old pipes that rupture and clean up spills.
  Reply With Quote Add Dice Roll To Message
Old 06-23-2010, 01:03 PM   #31
mrsticky005

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinchiruuki View Post
Denmark has great science/technology to clean up such spills and they even offered their assistance to us but we have yet to either accept that or we have ignored it.

To reply to Mrsticky: We are too greedy to spend money on such things...while we have done SOME research...they would rather spend the money on exporting and transporting the crude oil they do have than fix the 20+ year old pipes that rupture and clean up spills.

It's a shame...all that oil wasted.

...At least in my case.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:06 PM   #32
Jinchiruuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
Agreed. Although I would prefer us to find an alternative, nmore natural fuel. My mom drives a Honda Civic that runs COMPLETELY off of CNG. No emissions, great mileage and costs 14 bucks to fill up.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:19 PM   #33
itasan
Chunin Exam Proctor

itasan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.itasan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.itasan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.itasan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.itasan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.itasan is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamabunta View Post
Prices will go up. Offshore drilling will stop. Quite a clever ruse, eh?
and dawn will make money. =o

Quote:
I don't watch cable and have not yet seen this ad.
i even saw it in the movie theaters - theyre everywhere. O.O

well, as they said on the daily show, its only ruined if you cant "clean all the dead shrimp and stuff out of the oil". xD
itasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 01:41 PM   #34
AkiraNeko
Chunin Exam Proctor

AkiraNeko is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
...Really? Millions of animals and plants are dying and the only regret you have is that they're wasting oil? Not to mention hundreds, maybe thousands of people are losing their businesses and jobs because of man's mistake. I respect your opinion, but I'm sorry there are people in the world who feel that way.

/FaceDesk
Nous ferons tout droit
Mon bel amour, mon bel amour

Village Hidden in the Aura

"Sometimes I wish I could disown my sister, but then I realize we're the only two in the room."

"Peace will find us with Harmony.."

BF: Ishtar

I love small, hard-to-read font, don't you?

Last edited by AkiraNeko; 06-23-2010 at 01:46 PM.
AkiraNeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 01:52 PM   #35
Jinchiruuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkiraNeko View Post
...Really? Millions of animals and plants are dying and the only regret you have is that they're wasting oil? Not to mention hundreds, maybe thousands of people are losing their businesses and jobs because of man's mistake. I respect your opinion, but I'm sorry there are people in the world who feel that way.

/FaceDesk
You assume just by that statement that all he worries about is oil? Should facedesk a little harder then....
Old 06-23-2010, 02:42 PM   #36
Ellie
Genin Elite

Ellie is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
I don't watch cable and have not yet seen this ad.

yeah i havent seen the ad yet, probably because i live in great britain ^_^

Quote:
Conspiracy theory time.

Who really thinks this was simply an "accident"?
ohh i love conspiracys lol, well i dont think the british had anything to do with it, well i would say that lol im britsih lol =) but i think i heared somewhere that the usa did think something wasnt right or something, but who knows..we wont find out for like years..

My Fav U.S.A Buddy ~ Yoda ~
The Village Hidden In The Mountains
Ellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 03:05 PM   #37
mrsticky005

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkiraNeko View Post

/FaceDesk

Wasted oil is wasted money.

Wasted money hurts business

Hurt businesses mean less workers

Less workers means bad economy

bad economy means more poverty

more poverty means more hunger

more hunger means more eating of kitties

more eating of kitties means rivalry with dogs

rivalry with dogs means man lost his best friend

man lost his best friend means man is sad

man is sad means man do crazy things

man do crazy things means nuclear catastrophe

I'm just thinking ahead. That's all.

...At least in my case.