Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Battlegrounds HQ > The Graveyard

The Graveyard While you CAN endlessly debate some things, other threads need a place to stay buried. This friends, is that place.

Old 05-27-2010, 12:45 PM   #41
Konoha'sGreenThunder
Wallflower

Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Send a message via Skype™ to Konoha'sGreenThunder
Default Re: New Battleground Rules

Violating that limit will not, or should not, result in an automatic section banning. Doing it frequently with horrible threads may, but then you also limit the good users.

Multiple infractions and issues with the user can do anything a limit can, have a heavier sway on their removal, and does not limit good users.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:46 PM   #42
Kuroda Taishi
Banned

Kuroda Taishi is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

How about this? Dudemeister can only make 3 a day. Everyone else can make as many as they want as long as they are quality. Agreed? xD
Old 05-27-2010, 12:46 PM   #43
SageoftheSixPaths
NOTHING FISH?!

SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Most likely what we're going to end up doing is abolish the thread limit rule, but make it so that if you have more than X amount of threads locked due to them just being bad threads, you'll get the axe.

That way we keep good thread makers and get rid of the bad ones.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:58 PM   #44
321zigzag1
Banned

321zigzag1 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

We never had a thread limit rule to begin with anyway.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:00 PM   #45
Kuroda Taishi
Banned

Kuroda Taishi is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageoftheSixPaths View Post
Most likely what we're going to end up doing is abolish the thread limit rule, but make it so that if you have more than X amount of threads locked due to them just being bad threads, you'll get the axe.

Now, someone actually comes up with a good idea.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:01 PM   #46
321zigzag1
Banned

Quote:

Wasn't that like how it was originally done?
Old 05-27-2010, 01:03 PM   #47
SageoftheSixPaths
NOTHING FISH?!

SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 321zigzag1 View Post
Emphasis on "like". It's more or less the same thing, but closer tabs will be kept on people's threads. Also, the new thread locking request section allows us to keep better track of what to lock and keep. A record of how many of your threads are locked as a result of spam or bad thread making will be kept, and once that number reaches a limit we'll crack down. Hard.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:04 PM   #48
Space Cowboy Sasori
Space Ghost

Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via MSN to Space Cowboy Sasori

Quote:

Na, originally we wouldn't axe at all. Ever.

Quote:
Pat: telling it like it is.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 05-27-2010, 01:12 PM   #49
321zigzag1
Banned

Quote:
Emphasis on "like". It's more or less the same thing, but closer tabs will be kept on people's threads. Also, the new thread locking request section allows us to keep better track of what to lock and keep. A record of how many of your threads are locked as a result of spam or bad thread making will be kept, and once that number reaches a limit we'll crack down. Hard.
So more vigilance. Ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
Na, originally we wouldn't axe at all. Ever.
I know you wouldn't.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:13 PM   #50
Yellow Flash
Legend of the Solstice

Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
No, people who made poor threads were just a little bit of down rep, infraction, or even section ban if it came to it.

Overall, I think limiting the amount of threads made by a single user is a good idea. Sense the BG is what I would like to call "seasoned" in terms of thread creation. Also, thread repetition is frown, at least IMO. When there is a section like the BG or OBD where most of the decent battles have already been made and when they're repeated people frown upon them, there doesn't leave much room for good debate threads. With this said, what the BG is, and eventually will become, is a section full of spam and troll threads with a lot of down repping, infracting, and potentially section ban. IMO, a sufficient way to solve this problem is by limiting the amount of threads a single user can create. By doing this once a user has used up their thread usage, which most likely won't be all decent threads, we'll have to step up and say, "Okay, your at your limit. No more threads for you".

Another problem is making a rule that is satisfactory to EVERY member. So there are a couple a members that don't particularly like the rule then it's worth keeping the BG in a good condition.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:19 PM   #51
Space Cowboy Sasori
Space Ghost

Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Space Cowboy Sasori strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via MSN to Space Cowboy Sasori

Quote:

I know you wouldn't.
I'll take that as a compliment. =D

Quote:
Pat: telling it like it is.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 05-27-2010, 01:21 PM   #52
Konoha'sGreenThunder
Wallflower

Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Send a message via Skype™ to Konoha'sGreenThunder

There are already guidelines in place for what sort of threads are acceptable. If these rules are frequently broken, the user can be punished.

There is no need to put a limit on the amount of threads a user can make. Anything that would be wrong with these threads is already going to be reacted to, so why limit the progression of the BG?

You have rules that are kept in check with downrepping, infractions, and section banning. All threads that break the rules will be handled in some fashion. You're adding on another rule which is going to do nothing but limit the growth of this section, which is the opposite of the current endeavors.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:23 PM   #53
SageoftheSixPaths
NOTHING FISH?!

Just a small update for everyone:

The BAD Council (made it up, and it's lame, but I'm tired) has basically decided to scrap the thread limitation rule. However, we'll almost definitely be implementing a system where constantly poor thread making/ spamming will result in steadily worsening punishments regarding that user's actions in the Battlegrounds.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:27 PM   #54
The 1st Hokage
Monster Disciple

Location: Bein' naked in your closet. Don't worry, I'm not comin out.
The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Awards Showcase

Quote:

The BAD Council (made it up, and it's lame, but I'm tired) has basically decided to scrap the thread limitation rule. However, we'll almost definitely be implementing a system where constantly poor thread making/ spamming will result in steadily worsening punishments regarding that user's actions in the Battlegrounds.
Yes,it is a system that allows a certain amount of locked/rape/spite threads before we take action on that user.

Quote:
I looked at the post and laughed SO HARD again! I hate you, 1st Hokage.
I AM STRAIGHT FOR VEX<3

I AM ALSO GAY FOR JONESY<3
Old 05-27-2010, 01:28 PM   #55
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Super High School Level Narcissist
Quasi-Admin

Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via MSN to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Maikeru D. Shinigami

Quote:

If you have any problems come up with any particular members that the BAD council feels acceptable for a section ban or anything like that, you can PM me letting me know the name(s) and I will look into it. I'm sure plenty other SMods would be glad to lend a hand to it as well. Of course, only in a situation where the member doesn't properly react to downreps or infractions.

I would come up with a guideline for it, such as:

First Offense: Verbal Warning.
Second Offense: Verbal Warning and Downrep.
Third Offense: Downrep and Infraction.
Fourth Offense: Downrep, Infraction, Thread Deletion.
Fifth Offense: Downrep, Infraction, Thread Deletion and Possible Section Ban.

Any further offenses would receive the same punishment as the Fifth Offense.

Just an example though, you can take it as you wish.

YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Old 05-27-2010, 01:34 PM   #56
The 1st Hokage
Monster Disciple

Location: Bein' naked in your closet. Don't worry, I'm not comin out.
The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.The 1st Hokage has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maikeru Shinigami View Post
If you have any problems come up with any particular members that the BAD council feels acceptable for a section ban or anything like that, you can PM me letting me know the name(s) and I will look into it. I'm sure plenty other SMods would be glad to lend a hand to it as well. Of course, only in a situation where the member doesn't properly react to downreps or infractions.

I would come up with a guideline for it, such as:

First Offense: Verbal Warning.
Second Offense: Verbal Warning and Downrep.
Third Offense: Downrep and Infraction.
Fourth Offense: Downrep, Infraction, Thread Deletion.
Fifth Offense: Downrep, Infraction, Thread Deletion and Possible Section Ban.

Any further offenses would receive the same punishment as the Fifth Offense.

Just an example though, you can take it as you wish.
That's a great idea.

We had come up with 10 locked threads=thread start limit.If those get locked,they are -repped and infracted.If it continues,they recieve the same punishment and are section banned from the BG.

Quote:
I looked at the post and laughed SO HARD again! I hate you, 1st Hokage.
I AM STRAIGHT FOR VEX<3

I AM ALSO GAY FOR JONESY<3
Old 05-27-2010, 02:15 PM   #57
Nyruss
Special Jonin Candidate

Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Cut 1 and 2.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:10 PM   #58
321zigzag1
Banned

You know Maikeru many people combine first 2.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:37 PM   #59
longd
Apprentice Genin

longd is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

idk
Old 05-27-2010, 05:43 PM   #60
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

About time, I was annoyed to the fullest that an inactive member made rules for us. Well done.