Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Narutoverse

Narutoverse For all the debates involving characters from the Naruto series.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2010, 07:05 AM   #1
Ultimate combatant
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Ultimate combatant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,459
Rep Power: 21
Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Default Gaara vs Chuunin (read the thread)

OK! So, recently, I`ve been seeing people saying Gaara is as strong as Orochimaru, Jiraiya, Kakashi, Tsunade, Minato, Madara, Hiruzen, Gai/Guy, Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura and so on.

I want here to prove my point(s):

-Sunagakure has lower standards when it comes to ranking, compared to Konoha.
-In Konoha Gaara would be a Chuunin.

So, like this.

First time we met Gaara, he was matched by Rock Lee. It was stated he was never hurt, he never felt physical pain, despite his father, the fourth Kazekage trying to kill him countless times, never suceeded AT ALL!
Rock Lee managed not only to hurt him, but to hurt him more than once.
Next time he (without Shukaku) was stomped by Sasuke, even without Chidori did he prove to be stronger, Chidori was overkill.
With Shukaku, it was Naruto who defeated him. After that Naruto learned a technique which was at the moment even stronger than Sasuke`s Chidori - Rasengan. At this point, Naruto would have much less difficulties beating Gaara.
In the beginning of Shippuden Naruto was WAY stronger than before. Needless to say, he would STOMP Gaara! However, even when he teamed up with Sakura he BARELY got bells. And even for that he needed to trick him about book (Icha Icha). That means Kakashi wouldn`t have much troubles beating them both. So every Jounin could at least beat the one one. Most of them could fight even two at once. That means Naruto is not Jouni level yet. He is probably ANBU level. Gaara who is much weaker should be a Chuunin. Not to mention, the fourth Kazekage (and his soldiers) was easily beaten by Orochimaru; the third Kazekage (the strongest Kazekage) was beaten by Sasori who was defeated by Chiyo and Sakura!!!
Ultimate combatant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:13 AM   #2
Shikamaru Nara
blank
Moderator
 
Shikamaru Nara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 45,673
Rep Power: 58
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Gaara vs Chuunin (read the thread)

There's no reason for a big explanation. The fact is, Gaara can't be stronger than all of them because Deidara beat Gaara, Kakashi was up to par with Deidara, that's proof enough.
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:37 AM   #3
Ultimate combatant
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Ultimate combatant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,459
Rep Power: 21
Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Default Re: Gaara vs Chuunin (read the thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara View Post
There's no reason for a big explanation. The fact is, Gaara can't be stronger than all of them because Deidara beat Gaara, Kakashi was up to par with Deidara, that's proof enough.
Why, thank you!!!
Ultimate combatant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:24 AM   #4
Zaori Momochi
Banned
 
Zaori Momochi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Hidden Mist Village
Posts: 531
Rep Power: 0
Zaori Momochi is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Gaara vs Chuunin (read the thread)

If this isn't specifically Gaara vs. another person or persons then it needs to be moved out of the battleground.
Zaori Momochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:31 AM   #5
The Demon Zabuza
"Infamous"
 
The Demon Zabuza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: England Awesomeness: 9,001
Posts: 14,027
Rep Power: 15
The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Default Re: Gaara vs Chuunin (read the thread)

You sir, don't understand the idea that people get better at different rates.

Look at how much sand Gaara could control after the time skip, compared to how much during the chunin exams. It's a ton more. Plus, look at the speed of Gaaras sand compared to Naruto, it's much faster. While he could catch Deidara and crush his arm, Naruto and Kakashi were barely keeping up, even when Deidara was flying slowly.

Yes, if he had improved the same way as Naruto, he would be chunin. On the other hand, he got better faster. Shouldn't be too hard to understand.

@Shika: Deidara had C3, a hostage (the village) and all his clay against Gaara, he had a little bit of clay against Kakashi. Hardly a fair match up.
__________________
Spoiler:
Wifey #1: Muffin


Wifey #2: Looney
Wifey #3: SillyTobi
Wifey #4: Gaara's Girl
Wifey #5: i_love_kakashi
Wifey #6: Kiseki
Wifey #7: XxblackxX
Wifey #8: Kiku
Wifey #9: Jonesy
Wifey #10: Kuromaki
Husband #1: Sharikage
Husband #2: Shika
Husband #3: Vex Mizuki
Husband #3056: Chidori of Death

I love them longtime. <3.

Student: Muffintop
Honey/Professor-person: Kazumi
Ma name is mistah fluffie-kins
Hikari is my daughter
MasterOfPain is also my daughter
Lady Tsunade is my ex-daughter
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I'ma rogue ninja!
Sex toy: JenniferWonderland
Slave: EmoSakura
Spoiler:

Quote:
Are we aloud to post bathing suit pics?
8D
Quote:
*swoons @ TDZ's pictures*
B-)
Quote:
TDZ is so hot.. naked ;D
Damn right.
Quote:
~glomps everyone in thread~
Ah! he reveals his true self at last.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerKunoichixxx
I love you!!! And have done since I first layed my eyes on you!!!
I feel I should point out this was a dare. But it still counts.
Quote:
*Puts Chloroform onto Tissue*
TDZ is mine!
I approve of this statement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasori
First person to not know who TDZ is.
Out of 21,000 members, only one of them doesn't know me. I call that a win.
It's precisely what you're thinking. I'm just that cool.
Quote:
Holycrapstoplookingsogoodonmycomputerscreenwasnote xpectingthatkthx

*Falls off chair
Guess what I had just posted a picture of. ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_kakashi
Yes, you can make my kitty purr lol
Think about synonyms for kitty, then realize what she just said. ;D
Quote:
Quit being so naughty my kitty is starting to purr lolz
See above. xDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sosuke Aizen
I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER
Once again, a dare. But have you seen this girl? I mean, dayum.
Incest FTW.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Quote:
You know me well.

Furthermore, as much as I find you unbelievably attractive at this point, please warn me next time.

/Hides eyes from bashfulness
Apparently, I'm hot enough to cause health issues.

Quote:
Your spot in my bed is waiting.
Sorry, but I have to go... uhh.... water my fish. *runs off to Sosuke*
Quote:
~Goes to bed with you.~ ;D!
Quote:
TDZ rejected is like cookie monster saying no to oreos
Quote:
*comes in in a school girl outfit* I'M TDZ'S FANGIRL!!
Quote:
I take back everything i've said about u-sie. u-sie hot! >.<

Spoiler:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
there u go! ^^(that is a good thing)
Quote:
Meh sweet TDZ! I lovers you bunches. ♥
Quote:
Rejection makes you stronger you know.

It's a wonder you aren't a bodybuilder.
Quote:
200 miles is a long way to an Englishmen, just like 200 years is a long time to an American.
Quote:
>.> Curse you and your infinite sig possibilities... >.<"
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashi uzumaki
i want to be urs, i want that beautiful smile to be mine
Quote:
UGK: This user has yet to learn the difference between an incorrigible ladies man and a pathetic weirdo hanging out at the park is that the ladies have to be interested.

TDZ: See above, but he has figured it out.
Quote:
TDZ, Your brain scares me in ways only clowns used to. I wish I was that smart at your age.
Quote:
Quote:
Dude...I don't care what you're wearing..mud or sand always finds its way in your pants when you play with it.
Rather like me. xDD
Quote:
TDZ somehow you just became more awesome.
Quote:
TDZ is 100% British Fan-Girl ( and is some cases Boy) Bait who is filling Girl's/Boy's Hearts with enjoyment with near every word he types.
Quote:
Hollywood got Rob Pattinson.
Viz got TDZ.
Quote:
Master/wife loves you too baby. x3
Quote:
TDZ is built amazing, not wimping, amazingly awesome shiny hair, and a hot accent. I think he wins. xD
<link rel="signature" type="text/hilarious" href="/funnysig.txt" />

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaara's Girl
*Keeps raping TDZ* P:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine
TDZ I f****** love you
Quote:
isnt every thread basically about the demon zabuza
Quote:
*Humping* xD
YOU'RE MY DADDY! YOOUU'RE MY DADDY! X333
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoD
I wanna be in your siggy ._.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiseki
/noms on Nick in the bush

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Demon Zabuza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:33 AM   #6
Shikamaru Nara
blank
Moderator
 
Shikamaru Nara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 45,673
Rep Power: 58
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Gaara vs Chuunin (read the thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Demon Zabuza View Post
You sir, don't understand the idea that people get better at different rates.

Look at how much sand Gaara could control after the time skip, compared to how much during the chunin exams. It's a ton more. Plus, look at the speed of Gaaras sand compared to Naruto, it's much faster. While he could catch Deidara and crush his arm, Naruto and Kakashi were barely keeping up, even when Deidara was flying slowly.

Yes, if he had improved the same way as Naruto, he would be chunin. On the other hand, he got better faster. Shouldn't be too hard to understand.

@Shika: Deidara had C3, a hostage (the village) and all his clay against Gaara, he had a little bit of clay against Kakashi. Hardly a fair match up.
Kakashi had Kamui. Kakashi could teleport Deidara's pouch of clay, but that's assuming he has a good developing rate, and has learned since his first experiences.
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:41 AM   #7
The Demon Zabuza
"Infamous"
 
The Demon Zabuza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: England Awesomeness: 9,001
Posts: 14,027
Rep Power: 15
The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Default Re: Gaara vs Chuunin (read the thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara View Post
Kakashi had Kamui. Kakashi could teleport Deidara's pouch of clay, but that's assuming he has a good developing rate, and has learned since his first experiences.
Kakashi had his ninja skills, yes. That is why he learnt them. Gaara has his ninja skills too.....

And same thing for Gaara. If he knew what his pouch was, he could have crushed it. That argument doesn't hold up.
__________________
Spoiler:
Wifey #1: Muffin


Wifey #2: Looney
Wifey #3: SillyTobi
Wifey #4: Gaara's Girl
Wifey #5: i_love_kakashi
Wifey #6: Kiseki
Wifey #7: XxblackxX
Wifey #8: Kiku
Wifey #9: Jonesy
Wifey #10: Kuromaki
Husband #1: Sharikage
Husband #2: Shika
Husband #3: Vex Mizuki
Husband #3056: Chidori of Death

I love them longtime. <3.

Student: Muffintop
Honey/Professor-person: Kazumi
Ma name is mistah fluffie-kins
Hikari is my daughter
MasterOfPain is also my daughter
Lady Tsunade is my ex-daughter
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I'ma rogue ninja!
Sex toy: JenniferWonderland
Slave: EmoSakura
Spoiler:

Quote:
Are we aloud to post bathing suit pics?
8D
Quote:
*swoons @ TDZ's pictures*
B-)
Quote:
TDZ is so hot.. naked ;D
Damn right.
Quote:
~glomps everyone in thread~
Ah! he reveals his true self at last.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerKunoichixxx
I love you!!! And have done since I first layed my eyes on you!!!
I feel I should point out this was a dare. But it still counts.
Quote:
*Puts Chloroform onto Tissue*
TDZ is mine!
I approve of this statement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasori
First person to not know who TDZ is.
Out of 21,000 members, only one of them doesn't know me. I call that a win.
It's precisely what you're thinking. I'm just that cool.
Quote:
Holycrapstoplookingsogoodonmycomputerscreenwasnote xpectingthatkthx

*Falls off chair
Guess what I had just posted a picture of. ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_kakashi
Yes, you can make my kitty purr lol
Think about synonyms for kitty, then realize what she just said. ;D
Quote:
Quit being so naughty my kitty is starting to purr lolz
See above. xDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sosuke Aizen
I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER
Once again, a dare. But have you seen this girl? I mean, dayum.
Incest FTW.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Quote:
You know me well.

Furthermore, as much as I find you unbelievably attractive at this point, please warn me next time.

/Hides eyes from bashfulness
Apparently, I'm hot enough to cause health issues.

Quote:
Your spot in my bed is waiting.
Sorry, but I have to go... uhh.... water my fish. *runs off to Sosuke*
Quote:
~Goes to bed with you.~ ;D!
Quote:
TDZ rejected is like cookie monster saying no to oreos
Quote:
*comes in in a school girl outfit* I'M TDZ'S FANGIRL!!
Quote:
I take back everything i've said about u-sie. u-sie hot! >.<

Spoiler:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
there u go! ^^(that is a good thing)
Quote:
Meh sweet TDZ! I lovers you bunches. ♥
Quote:
Rejection makes you stronger you know.

It's a wonder you aren't a bodybuilder.
Quote:
200 miles is a long way to an Englishmen, just like 200 years is a long time to an American.
Quote:
>.> Curse you and your infinite sig possibilities... >.<"
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashi uzumaki
i want to be urs, i want that beautiful smile to be mine
Quote:
UGK: This user has yet to learn the difference between an incorrigible ladies man and a pathetic weirdo hanging out at the park is that the ladies have to be interested.

TDZ: See above, but he has figured it out.
Quote:
TDZ, Your brain scares me in ways only clowns used to. I wish I was that smart at your age.
Quote:
Quote:
Dude...I don't care what you're wearing..mud or sand always finds its way in your pants when you play with it.
Rather like me. xDD
Quote:
TDZ somehow you just became more awesome.
Quote:
TDZ is 100% British Fan-Girl ( and is some cases Boy) Bait who is filling Girl's/Boy's Hearts with enjoyment with near every word he types.
Quote:
Hollywood got Rob Pattinson.
Viz got TDZ.
Quote:
Master/wife loves you too baby. x3
Quote:
TDZ is built amazing, not wimping, amazingly awesome shiny hair, and a hot accent. I think he wins. xD
<link rel="signature" type="text/hilarious" href="/funnysig.txt" />

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaara's Girl
*Keeps raping TDZ* P:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine
TDZ I f****** love you
Quote:
isnt every thread basically about the demon zabuza
Quote:
*Humping* xD
YOU'RE MY DADDY! YOOUU'RE MY DADDY! X333
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoD
I wanna be in your siggy ._.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiseki
/noms on Nick in the bush

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Demon Zabuza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:54 AM   #8
Lady Tsunade
Old.
 
Lady Tsunade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Reality <3
Posts: 9,568
Rep Power: 13
Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Default Re: Gaara vs Chuunin (read the thread)

You're using ABC logic. Which as I've always said, just doesn't work for Naruto. Gaara is about Low Kage Level Imo, just because he would be beaten by Naruto (A Genin) it doesn't mean hes weak. Naruto is easily high Kage Level. Ranks mean nothing in Naruto, Naruto and Sasuke are prime examples.
Lady Tsunade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:27 AM   #9
chidoriroar
Chunin
 
chidoriroar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: a place where im accepted for who i am
Posts: 957
Rep Power: 11
chidoriroar is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Gaara vs Chuunin (read the thread)

i agree gaara is .weak
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
the bitterness of this life is the sweetness of the next.



Give me rep and ill give you rep back.
dont talk about measking for rep since im not the only one doing it and theres nothing in the rules against it.
to the people who dont know, you have to include your name when giving rep and if your rep is less than one giving rep wont matter.
chidoriroar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:44 AM   #10
Bacon
Moderator
Moderator
 
Bacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Walkin' through the candy-lane with Tifa.~ -.-
Posts: 36,030
Rep Power: 45
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Gaara vs Chuunin (read the thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate combatant View Post
OK! So, recently, I`ve been seeing people saying Gaara is as strong as Orochimaru, Jiraiya, Kakashi, Tsunade, Minato, Madara, Hiruzen, Gai/Guy, Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura and so on.

I want here to prove my point(s):

-Sunagakure has lower standards when it comes to ranking, compared to Konoha.
-In Konoha Gaara would be a Chuunin.

So, like this.

First time we met Gaara, he was matched by Rock Lee. It was stated he was never hurt, he never felt physical pain, despite his father, the fourth Kazekage trying to kill him countless times, never suceeded AT ALL!
Rock Lee managed not only to hurt him, but to hurt him more than once.
Next time he (without Shukaku) was stomped by Sasuke, even without Chidori did he prove to be stronger, Chidori was overkill.
With Shukaku, it was Naruto who defeated him. After that Naruto learned a technique which was at the moment even stronger than Sasuke`s Chidori - Rasengan. At this point, Naruto would have much less difficulties beating Gaara.
In the beginning of Shippuden Naruto was WAY stronger than before. Needless to say, he would STOMP Gaara! However, even when he teamed up with Sakura he BARELY got bells. And even for that he needed to trick him about book (Icha Icha). That means Kakashi wouldn`t have much troubles beating them both. So every Jounin could at least beat the one one. Most of them could fight even two at once. That means Naruto is not Jouni level yet. He is probably ANBU level. Gaara who is much weaker should be a Chuunin. Not to mention, the fourth Kazekage (and his soldiers) was easily beaten by Orochimaru; the third Kazekage (the strongest Kazekage) was beaten by Sasori who was defeated by Chiyo and Sakura!!!
You are either just getting into the time skip, or you are not aware of Gaara nearly killing deidara. Gaara has certainly gotten stronger since the chunin exams that he participated in nearly 4 or 5 years earlier. He fought on par with Deidara,and nearly killed him. So by your logic, Naruto who needed Kakashi to fight him is weaker? Don't twist wins and losses certain characters around because it never works out in the end. Certain characters have advantages over others.

Gaara is a good match for just about any akatsuki, and even Naruto in sage mode. His ability to create a sand Tsunami, and a giant floating fortress of sand allows him to fight anyone.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:04 AM   #11
prasanth
Chunin
 
prasanth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 919
Rep Power: 0
prasanth is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Gaara vs Chuunin (read the thread)

at the 5 kage summit, gaara's sand blocked a point blank amterasu and raikage's liger bomb so i think he can defeat alot of people now, he wasnt very good at beginning of shippuden tho
prasanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 11:19 AM   #12
Ultimate combatant
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Ultimate combatant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,459
Rep Power: 21
Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Default Re: Gaara vs Chuunin (read the thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon_army17 View Post
You are either just getting into the time skip, or you are not aware of Gaara nearly killing deidara. Gaara has certainly gotten stronger since the chunin exams that he participated in nearly 4 or 5 years earlier. He fought on par with Deidara,and nearly killed him. So by your logic, Naruto who needed Kakashi to fight him is weaker? Don't twist wins and losses certain characters around because it never works out in the end. Certain characters have advantages over others.

Gaara is a good match for just about any akatsuki, and even Naruto in sage mode. His ability to create a sand Tsunami, and a giant floating fortress of sand allows him to fight anyone.
Hmmm,...

Now, how does your definition of nearly killing opponent fit into being blasted by some massive explosives, knocked unconscious, put into some bird, have your tailed monster extracted, getting killed and even used for taunting your allies so they would separate themselves and have smaller chances to win? To me it looks like Deidara nearly killed Gaara, not the other way around. He takes the credit for beating and getting his tailed monster extracted. Indirectly, Deidara killed him.

Wait, wait, wait, wait,... Gaara is a good match for any Akatsuki? Naruto Sage mode??? Anyone???

Last edited by Ultimate combatant; 05-17-2010 at 12:43 PM.
Ultimate combatant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 11:56 AM   #13
Bacon
Moderator
Moderator
 
Bacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Walkin' through the candy-lane with Tifa.~ -.-
Posts: 36,030
Rep Power: 45
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Gaara vs Chuunin (read the thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate combatant View Post
Hmmm,...

Now, how does your definition of nearly killing opponent fit into being blasted by some massive explosives, knocked unconscious, put into some bird, have your tailed monster extracted, getting killed and even used for taunting your allies so they would separate themselves and have smaller chances to win? To me it looks like Deidara nearly killed Gaara, not the other way around. He takes the credit for beating and getting his tailed monster extracted. Indirectly, Deidara killed him.

Wait, wait, wait, wait,... Gaara is a good match for any Akatsuki? Naruto Sage mode??? Anyone???
Don't act like an immature brat,that picture doesn't help prove your point. Naruto in the beginning stood no chance against Deidara without Kakashi. In fact, He would have been killed by diedara without Kakashi's quick kumai save. This in turn makes naruto weaker by your origanal statement. Gaara didn't have anyone to help him, while Naruto was saved once again.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Click the dratini for anime rants

Last edited by Bacon; 05-17-2010 at 12:04 PM.
Bacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 12:55 PM   #14
Miles Edgeworth
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Miles Edgeworth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: St. Mystere
Posts: 10,448
Rep Power: 14
Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Send a message via AIM to Miles Edgeworth Send a message via MSN to Miles Edgeworth
Default Re: Gaara vs Chuunin (read the thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate combatant View Post
OK! So, recently, I`ve been seeing people saying Gaara is as strong as Orochimaru, Jiraiya, Kakashi, Tsunade, Minato, Madara, Hiruzen, Gai/Guy, Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura and so on.

I want here to prove my point(s):

-Sunagakure has lower standards when it comes to ranking, compared to Konoha.
-In Konoha Gaara would be a Chuunin.

So, like this.

First time we met Gaara, he was matched by Rock Lee. It was stated he was never hurt, he never felt physical pain, despite his father, the fourth Kazekage trying to kill him countless times, never suceeded AT ALL!
Rock Lee managed not only to hurt him, but to hurt him more than once.
Next time he (without Shukaku) was stomped by Sasuke, even without Chidori did he prove to be stronger, Chidori was overkill.
With Shukaku, it was Naruto who defeated him. After that Naruto learned a technique which was at the moment even stronger than Sasuke`s Chidori - Rasengan. At this point, Naruto would have much less difficulties beating Gaara.
In the beginning of Shippuden Naruto was WAY stronger than before. Needless to say, he would STOMP Gaara! However, even when he teamed up with Sakura he BARELY got bells. And even for that he needed to trick him about book (Icha Icha). That means Kakashi wouldn`t have much troubles beating them both. So every Jounin could at least beat the one one. Most of them could fight even two at once. That means Naruto is not Jouni level yet. He is probably ANBU level. Gaara who is much weaker should be a Chuunin. Not to mention, the fourth Kazekage (and his soldiers) was easily beaten by Orochimaru; the third Kazekage (the strongest Kazekage) was beaten by Sasori who was defeated by Chiyo and Sakura!!!
Gaara being stronger than Oro, Jiraiya, and Minato? Most likely not. LOL at the noobs who think Gaara>Madara.

Suna probably does have lower standards if Kankuro could be a Jonin with his lack of good feats, however, that does not undermine Gaara's potential at all.

Do note that if Gaara went full power, Lee and Sasuke would have been decimated (granted, Lee should've beaten him in the given circumstances but that was before Gaara unveiled Shukaku).

Naruto beat Gaara with PNJ. Seriously, the guy who managed to survive a Hidden Lotus was beaten by.....a punch. Honestly, do you really think there isn't a problem there?

You seem to be ignoring that Gaara was way stronger than before. Post Gaara in base could beat Pre Gaara with Shukaku with the feats he showed. Gaara managed to fight off Deidara, do you honestly think Naruto could have done the same? Do note that Naruto is unable to tank a C3, while Gaara's sand easily blocked it.

Okay, then tell me how Kakashi beats Gaara. Lol if you think he can sprout wings and hit a floating Gaara.

I hope you realize that Kakashi is not just average Jonin, Kakashi was potentially Kage level at the time and now certainly is.

Naruto was around Jonin level at the time, considering he could stomp pretty much all of his Chunin level classmates.

Fourth Kazekage is featless.

Sasori was defeated by Chiyo, Sakura, antidotes, and plot. Sakura and Chiyo merely encountering Sasori would have been an easy win for Sasori. However, Sakura and Chiyo conveniently had extra antidotes so they could nullify Sasori's strongest weapon, his poison. On top of that, Sasori went emo at the end and allowed Chiyo to kill him. Do note by the way that Chiyo would eventually have died of poison if she didn't die by reviving Gaara first.

I would also like to remind you Sasori is casual Kage level, more so than Gaara, but nonetheless out of Gaara's league at that time.

Lol at Gaara being Chunin. How do you propose Sakura beats him? Or even people like Kiba, Shino, Shikamaru, Lee, and Neji?
Miles Edgeworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 12:57 PM   #15
Ultimate combatant
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Ultimate combatant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,459
Rep Power: 21
Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Default Re: Gaara vs Chuunin (read the thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon_army17 View Post
Don't act like an immature brat,that picture doesn't help prove your point. Naruto in the beginning stood no chance against Deidara without Kakashi. In fact, He would have been killed by diedara without Kakashi's quick kumai save. This in turn makes naruto weaker by your origanal statement. Gaara didn't have anyone to help him, while Naruto was saved once again.
Sorry for the picture, I really couldn`t resist because purpose of your statement about Gaara being good match to anyone seemed to be picking a fight. I realize, now what you were trying to say, so I apologize if I offended you, because that really was not my intention. I`ve taken the picture off!!! That said, I still don`t agree with your opinion. As first, Naruto and Kakashi were together but at least weren`t beaten, Gaara on the other hand was. So that`s not strong argument. Before we continue, did you perhaps watch Naruto Shippuuden 3 movie? It`s not canon, but I just wonder!!!
Ultimate combatant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 01:00 PM   #16
Miles Edgeworth
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Miles Edgeworth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: St. Mystere
Posts: 10,448
Rep Power: 14
Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Send a message via AIM to Miles Edgeworth Send a message via MSN to Miles Edgeworth
Default Re: Gaara vs Chuunin (read the thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate combatant View Post
Sorry for the picture, I really couldn`t resist because purpose of your statement about Gaara being good match to anyone seemed to be picking a fight. I realize, now what you were trying to say, so I apologize if I offended you, because that really was not my intention. I`ve taken the picture off!!! That said, I still don`t agree with your opinion. As first, Naruto and Kakashi were together but at least weren`t beaten, Gaara on the other hand was. So that`s not strong argument. Before we continue, did you perhaps watch Naruto Shippuuden 3 movie? It`s not canon, but I just wonder!!!
I hope you realize that Deidara was merely fooling around with the two rather than actually trying to fight them. Did you ever see Deidara pull anything that he did against Gaara? When did he ever attempt to use anything above a C1? Oh yeah, never. He was merely trying to buy time and fool around to delay the two. If Deidara pulled a C2, C3, or C4, Kakashi and Naruto would have died in seconds.

Meanwhile, Deidara was fighting Gaara, solely focused on capturing him. He knew Gaara would be tough so he did what he could to take him out, so long as it didn't kill him. Nonetheless he dealt some tough blows, more than he ever attempted on Naruto or Kakashi.

Now do you still believe that Naruto and Kakashi are stronger SOLELY because they "survived" against Deidara? Pretty much any Naruto character could've survived that.
Miles Edgeworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 01:11 PM   #17
Ultimate combatant
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Ultimate combatant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,459
Rep Power: 21
Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Default Re: Gaara vs Chuunin (read the thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Edgeworth View Post
I hope you realize that Deidara was merely fooling around with the two rather than actually trying to fight them. Did you ever see Deidara pull anything that he did against Gaara? When did he ever attempt to use anything above a C1? Oh yeah, never. He was merely trying to buy time and fool around to delay the two. If Deidara pulled a C2, C3, or C4, Kakashi and Naruto would have died in seconds.

Meanwhile, Deidara was fighting Gaara, solely focused on capturing him. He knew Gaara would be tough so he did what he could to take him out, so long as it didn't kill him. Nonetheless he dealt some tough blows, more than he ever attempted on Naruto or Kakashi.

Now do you still believe that Naruto and Kakashi are stronger SOLELY because they "survived" against Deidara? Pretty much any Naruto character could've survived that.
You were saying how much Gaara improved, but the only improvement I`ve seen is using more sand. He used more sand against Deidara, but don`t forget he was in the sand Village to begin with, he had more sand at his disposal!!!
Ultimate combatant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:58 PM   #18
NagatoGod_of_Pain
Chunin Exam Proctor
 
NagatoGod_of_Pain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: On the Pursuit of Happiness
Posts: 1,801
Rep Power: 9
NagatoGod_of_Pain has completed a tough C-rank mission!NagatoGod_of_Pain has completed a tough C-rank mission!NagatoGod_of_Pain has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: Gaara vs Chuunin (read the thread)

Quote:
You were saying how much Gaara improved, but the only improvement I`ve seen is using more sand. He used more sand against Deidara, but don`t forget he was in the sand Village to begin with, he had more sand at his disposal!!!
Of course Gaara's improvement is going to be with sand. This is all he's known for. Remember, during Gaara's fight with Deidara, Deidara was basically going to destroy Sunakagure for the sake of capturing Gaara. As Kazekage, he could absolutely not let this happen, especially with his new personality. Plus, Gaara used natural sand, which is noted to be much slower, weaker, and probably "heavier" for Gaara. Even with that, Gaara managed to completely protect Suna in time from Deidara's C3. That's an accomplishment in itself. That's also why it took most of his chakra.

Gaara seemed to be pretty much in control of the fight until Deidara's low move, managing to crush his arm. Saying that he's only a Chunin is an big understatement. If your arguing that he's a Jonin in Konoha, it might be a bit more reasonable, but Gaara is definitely not among the same class as Hinata, Kiba, Choji, Sai, etc.
__________________
Late ass nights come from long days
Doin' all the right things in the wrong ways
Doin' all the wrong things for the right reasons
Tryin' to fix the whole world in every season
NagatoGod_of_Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 04:10 PM   #19
Miles Edgeworth
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Miles Edgeworth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: St. Mystere
Posts: 10,448
Rep Power: 14
Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Send a message via AIM to Miles Edgeworth Send a message via MSN to Miles Edgeworth
Default Re: Gaara vs Chuunin (read the thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate combatant View Post
You were saying how much Gaara improved, but the only improvement I`ve seen is using more sand. He used more sand against Deidara, but don`t forget he was in the sand Village to begin with, he had more sand at his disposal!!!
What do you expect me to say? That's like saying Lee and Guy only improve by having better taijutsu and speed. That's like saying Naruto only improved at using Shadow Clones. That's like saying Sasuke only improved on Sharingan. You get the idea, I could retort that in pretty much every way possible with every character in the series.

It's redundant whether Gaara improves on one area or not, he improves significantly enough to dwarf the others. Sakura improved at taijutsu, but it makes no difference if it's not the kind of training that got Lee where he is. She's much more useful than before, but not nearly useful enough.

So what if he was in sand village? Yeah, that gives him a boost, and? You saw how much sand Gaara dished out in his fight with Kimimaro, in a grassy area no less and LONG before Shippuden. If you've been keeping up with the manga you should also have seen Gaara's improvement when he was on the Five Kage Summit.
Miles Edgeworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 05:52 AM   #20
Ultimate combatant
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Ultimate combatant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,459
Rep Power: 21
Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Default Re: Gaara vs Chuunin (read the thread)

Are you saying The sand would block Rasengan? If Chidori could break Gaara`s great defense, so could Rasengan.

If you haven`t seen the new Naruto Shippuden Movie 3 I suggest you don`t read this:

Spoiler:
In Naruto Shippuden Movie 3 Gaara fought Naruto. It`s true that it is not canon, however there was a nice demonstration of how Naruto would beat Gaara. Naruto dodged his attacks and broke his defense with Rasengan and he could go further and hit him with Rasengan, but didn`t want to hurt him so much so he had another Kagebunshin run towards him and punch knocking him out. It`s not canon, but I reccomend you see at least that fight!!!
Ultimate combatant is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.