Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Narutoverse

Narutoverse For all the debates involving characters from the Naruto series.

Old 05-18-2010, 02:31 PM   #1
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Notion for limited threads a day in the BG.

I think there should be a rule enacted that we are only permitted to post a certain amount of threads a day. Tourune and Prasanth make about 40 a day, and most of them are crappy matches, so maybe we should set a limit so that thread starters are forced to think before they post their threads to reduce flaming.
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 02:33 PM   #2
Nyruss
Special Jonin Candidate

Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Notion for limited threads a day in the BG.

I see no problem with this idea.
Nyruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 02:37 PM   #3
Sazabi24
Genin Elite

Sazabi24 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Make it a maximum of 2 threads a day per poster.

Then people will think before they post Naruto vs. Luffy #234
Old 05-18-2010, 02:38 PM   #4
Zombie Uchiha
Chunin Exam Participant

Zombie Uchiha is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via AIM to Zombie Uchiha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara View Post
I think there should be a rule enacted that we are only permitted to post a certain amount of threads a day. Tourune and Prasanth make about 40 a day, and most of them are crappy matches, so maybe we should set a limit so that thread starters are forced to think before they post their threads to reduce flaming.
This should have been in the Feedback Forum. But it deals with the BG's.
Shikamaru Nara this is a good idea, nothing stupid about it. So how many threads do you want people to make a day? (Dealing with Battlegrounds).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Zombie Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 02:39 PM   #5
Tourune
Special Jonin Candidate

Tourune is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

i only posts 2 a day, until those get done (a full established winner) then make two more. didnt know u hated that so much... my bad

Top 3 Anime Characters
1 - Danzo
2 - Ulquiorra
3 - Cole
Tourune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 02:39 PM   #6
Tourune
Special Jonin Candidate

Tourune is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

so this is only for the BG's thow right?

Top 3 Anime Characters
1 - Danzo
2 - Ulquiorra
3 - Cole
Tourune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 03:21 PM   #7
321zigzag1
Banned

321zigzag1 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Its a good idea. Although Torune's and Prasanth's do play in keeping the BG alive but that being said....
321zigzag1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 01:27 PM   #8
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

I actually have nothing against either of the two, just examples. I'd ask one of the bigger people in the BG like Miles or Sasori.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:22 PM   #9
Yellow Flash
Legend of the Solstice

Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

The new BG group (Sticky at the top) are dealing with this right now, just give us some time and we'll have a solution.
Yellow Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 02:32 PM   #10
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Awards Showcase

Oh, my bad. I usually keep up with the BG, but I guess I missed that.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:51 PM   #11
Yellow Flash
Legend of the Solstice

Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Yellow Flash has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru Nara View Post
Oh, my bad. I usually keep up with the BG, but I guess I missed that.
Thats because you can't see it, it's in our SG. xD

Anyways, I'll be sure to inform you on the solution before I tell anyone else.
Yellow Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 07:54 PM   #12
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Toma RNK completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

I just want to state my opinion that typically "activity is a good thing on forums, unless the activity breaks a rule or is seriously frowned upon by a community, allow all activity." I'm not a big wig in this forum but thought I would throw in my 2 cents.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

May 18th 2009: PM Hell... never forget.
Best post ever!

Always remember

Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from evil.
Toma RNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 07:56 PM   #13
SageoftheSixPaths
NOTHING FISH?!

SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with having multiple threads being made. It keeps the Battlegrounds moving at a reasonable pace, and as Toma just said, unless it's breaking a rule of some sort I don't think it needs to stop. Besides, if a winner is resolved within a few posts then what difference does it make if a new one comes up a bit later on?
Old 05-19-2010, 07:59 PM   #14
Miles Edgeworth
Special Jonin Candidate

Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Miles Edgeworth is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Send a message via AIM to Miles Edgeworth Send a message via MSN to Miles Edgeworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageoftheSixPaths View Post
Personally, I don't see anything wrong with having multiple threads being made. It keeps the Battlegrounds moving at a reasonable pace, and as Toma just said, unless it's breaking a rule of some sort I don't think it needs to stop. Besides, if a winner is resolved within a few posts then what difference does it make if a new one comes up a bit later on?
I agree with this, however, there does eventually come a problem.

There are often people who spam threads to the extreme. Now I have no problem with unlimited thread creation, but if it gets to a point where one user is just spitting out matches for the lulz, then it gets kind of annoying. If worst comes to worst I think a reasonable thread limit per day should be made something that isn't too restricting but won't take up an entire page of the battleground within ten minutes.
Miles Edgeworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 08:00 PM   #15
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Edgeworth View Post

There are often people who spam threads to the extreme. Now I have no problem with unlimited thread creation, but if it gets to a point where one user is just spitting out matches for the lulz, then it gets kind of annoying. If worst comes to worst I think a reasonable thread limit per day should be made something that isn't too restricting but won't take up an entire page of the battleground within ten minutes.
I agree, but limiting thread creation is not the solution, downrepping and infracting is. In my opinion.

May 18th 2009: PM Hell... never forget.
Best post ever!

Always remember

Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from evil.
Toma RNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 08:01 PM   #16
SageoftheSixPaths
NOTHING FISH?!

SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Edgeworth View Post

If it comes to that, we have plenty of FAIL members who can infract for spamming, or one can be easily contacted. However, I like the idea of limiting thread creation to a certain time limit.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:20 PM   #17
Kuroda Taishi
Banned

Kuroda Taishi is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I think you meant "Motion"

Anyways like Toma said, downrepping and infractions would be a better solution.
Kuroda Taishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:02 AM   #18
colorles
Banned

colorles is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Torune and Pransith consisently make decent threads (not many other people consistenly make threads here), which keeps this place active

i dont feel that a limit is neccesarry
colorles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:50 AM   #19
Nyruss
Special Jonin Candidate

Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

If by "decent" you mean "bad" then yes. They do have a few good threads once in a blue moon, but decent is not the word for most of them. Unless you are using it to means bad.
Nyruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:04 AM   #20
Lady Tsunade
Old.

Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

I have no problem with several threads being made, it only bothers me if those threads are crap.I think the rule should be to " Think before you leap" or "Think before you make a thread " rather than limit yourself as to how many threads can be made .
Lady Tsunade is offline   Reply With Quote