Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Old 05-16-2010, 12:54 PM   #21
AkatsukiMember
Chunin Exam Proctor

AkatsukiMember saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Default Re: Creationism vs. the Big Bang Theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage mangekyo View Post
I believe in The Big Bang Theory. I am a Christian, but I refuse to believe that God (which is not ever seen or anything) created us. I do not believe in dreatinism because if no one has seen God, then how can he create us? If you don't understand here is more into it.
My definition of the word "exist" is something you can use any of the 5 senses to contact.
So with that said, how does something that basically doesn't exist create things.
How can you be Christian if don't believe you were created by God?........Basically you're saying that God doesn't exist making you a nonbeliever. Saying you are Christian makes yourself and all us Christians look bad. That's like saying you never say a Nuclear warhead and saying it doesn't exist until you see it or touch it.

Wolf of the Black Flames

~Lycan of the Blood Mist~

Village Hidden in the Amazon

Bloody Snake of the Amazon
AkatsukiMember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 09:34 PM   #22
Hakumaiu
Academy Graduate

Hakumaiu is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

To me I'm leaning to the big bang theory. Mostly because (plaese do not judge me or think of me as a horrible person) I'm not religous so I have more of beleif to science. Also I think that neither created us. Something like an explosion coming from somethin non-existing. Or a higher-being randomly creating us for no apperent reason.(Maybe there is a reason i don't know). But it seems that this debate will go on forever until we hate proof and I'm awaiting that day to believe in the unkown truth.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:37 PM   #23
Cade
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: In a world of poverty, violence,sex,drugs,wars,arguements and racisim.Basically the U.S.A
Cade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
I believe in The Big Bang Theory. I am a Christian, but I refuse to believe that God (which is not ever seen or anything) created us. I do not believe in dreatinism because if no one has seen God, then how can he create us? If you don't understand here is more into it.
My definition of the word "exist" is something you can use any of the 5 senses to contact.
So with that said, how does something that basically doesn't exist create things.
I don't see how is this possible.

Anyways, I am and Agnostic who believes in the Big Bang Theory and Evolution, but I also believe in God and Jesus Christ. To call someone a hypocrite over what they believe is pretty much preposterous.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 12:26 AM   #24
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageoftheSixPaths View Post
Which do you believe in, and why? From what I've seen, society as a whole is turning away from religious teachings and Biblical stories and relying more and more on science for answers. The origins of the universe are no exception.

I also ask how many of you who believe in the Big Bang are either religious or believe that the Bible should be taken literally. Another thing I've noted is the rising number of atheists in the world, or at least in America/ Europe, and that seems to rise the more we rely on science.

The Big Bang theory vs Creationism debate is only one example of how people are showing a smaller and smaller reliance on the Bible for historical truths, and more so on science.

Discuss, debate, etc.
Which do I believe? How about both? I think that God created the Universe via the Big Bang or rather the result of God creating the Universe was the Big Bang. I don't think the two are incompatible at all with each other.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spam once and the forum will be annoyed.
Spam twice and warnings will be deployed
Spam thrice and a infraction you will receive
Spam 8,984 times and a FAIL Agent you''ll soon be.

...At least in my case.
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 12:28 AM   #25
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Another topic about the origin of everything?

Can't you people learn to respect other people's believes and let it go already? The only right answer is what you believe to be true.

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 12:47 AM   #26
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon View Post

Can't you people learn to respect other people's believes and let it go already? The only right answer is what you believe to be true.
Agreed. I mean until we can go back in time and return with the actual data that says either way what happened it's really all just fancy guess work.

...At least in my case.
Old 03-27-2011, 04:05 PM   #27
Kreegah!!!
Special Jonin Candidate

Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Demon Zabuza View Post
Doppler effect, Hubbles equations, Quasars (discovered after the theory was proposed), Cosmic background radiation (discovered after theory proposed) in support of the Big Bang theory.

As opposed to... a book.
Likely you read of these theories from a book or books yourself, so that leaves your argument void, unless I'm missing something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazumi Saitama View Post
But, how do we know those words are true? Have you ever played the game where you stand in a line and tell one person something and they pass it down to the very last person. By the time it reaches the end, the story has changed completely. Now, if a story can change that drastic from one person to the next, how has these stories not changed over millennia? That does not make any sense to me. God never came to Earth, according to the bible. Apparently, he told people his word and they followed. To hear a being that is not physical requires some form of connection. The Bible wasn't even printed until centuries later. How would these people know what happened in the past if they were never there? I wouldn't say I am close minded at all.

The Big Bang theory has been explained scientifically and has proof to justify. I would explain it here, but it is far too long. Nonetheless, it sounds way more logical than some being creating the universe. There has been no proof what so ever that a God exists.
God did come to the earth, according to the Bible. SEVERAL TIMES. There's a mention of one instance near the very beginning of Genesis. Then there's the part where He's talking to Adam, then later with Adam, Eve, and Mr. Satan. Don't forget the part where Moses gets to witness His passing by. And there's also Christ Himself, the Son of God, which by Jewish tradition would thus make Him God, is God, was among people in person, in the flesh. For several decades. The Word was written down before the advent of the printing press - hardly a unique instance, either. It just had to be written or etched by hand is all. Archaeological finds of manuscripts dating back many years are still in accord with what we have now, as far as native language manuscripts are concerned. By that, I mean recent endeavors, from King James Version onward, incorporate translation errors in accord with papal/archbishop teachings of the day. So, best to have a Concordance or two about so you can be sure you're reading the truth and not some political slant.

The Big bang Theory was postulated scientifically, and does not eliminate the hand of a superior being. In fact, a chief detractor of the theory was an atheist himself and dismissed the theory for that very reason. In fact, he is the one responsible for giving the theory it's no well-known name, initially as a mark of derision.

Quote:
I believe in The Big Bang Theory. I am a Christian, but I refuse to believe that God (which is not ever seen or anything) created us. I do not believe in creationism because if no one has seen God, then how can he create us? If you don't understand here is more into it.
You are not a Christian by every definition I can bring to mind, and have not entered this debate so much as made one simple statement followed by a mess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon View Post

>_> Bacon, this thread is not at all new, man.

Respectfully, I disagree, as that is impossible. Two conflicting realities do not exist in the outside world without involving the collapse of the universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
Agreed. I mean until we can go back in time and return with the actual data that says either way what happened it's really all just fancy guess work.
You mean it's all faith no matter what path you choose.

Before I officially enter the debate, I think we should also bring to light the fact that other religions believe the universe was created, albeit fairly differently from each other. So we need to be very clear on our stance when we debate this particular topic.
Kreegah!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 12:34 PM   #28
mrsticky005

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakumaiu View Post
But it seems that this debate will go on forever until we hate proof and I'm awaiting that day to believe in the unkown truth.

YES! :twis ted:
We must HATE proof!
GIVE IN TO YOUR ANGER!!!

...At least in my case.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:34 PM   #29
Gin
Genin

Gin is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

The Big Bang Theory may not be 100% true, but there is NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER supporting Christianity's god. For that reason, I look to science, which refers to what is actually known when looking for answers.

-Gin
Gin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 04:39 PM   #30
TucanaTheToucan
Special Jonin Candidate

TucanaTheToucan saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Even though I find creation stories to be quite interesting, I think that the Big Bang Theory is the most valid of them. The static on television sets may sound annoying, but they carry the sound remnants of the first few moments of the existence of the universe.

I love Kakashi Hatake!
TucanaTheToucan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 06:47 PM   #31
deidara330
Mr. Serious

deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

I have heard a plausable theory that said that, technically speaking, the Earth and mankind were created in seven days, yet the Earth is still billions of years old. It's got something to do with space-time moving apart during the expansion of the universe. I'd have to look it back up to get more details. It's also accounts for the existance of Evolution.
deidara330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 07:03 PM   #32
KyuubiAkatsuki
Jonin

KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

ill lean towards Big Bang, cus its a pretty cool show lol

"If sacred places are spared the ravages of war then make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war then make all peoples holy."
----- Silver Surfer from Silver Surfer Requiem

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

KyuubiAkatsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 07:03 PM   #33
Nick Tasogare
Special Jonin Candidate

Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nick Tasogare

The Creation of the Big Bang.

Can Herr SRhyse and Frau Muffintop please remove my staff "powers"? The Mod Rules are a joke and everybody knows it lol I don't follow that last rule well enough, and I don't want to endanger the Communist Rule of the People's Republic of NDF. Thanks.

/Heil

Oh wait, now there's drama so I just have to watch this all blow up.
Nick Tasogare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 07:08 PM   #34
KyuubiAkatsuki
Jonin

KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.KyuubiAkatsuki completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Tasogare View Post
The Creation of the Big Bang.

that is very deep good sir lol

"If sacred places are spared the ravages of war then make all places sacred. And if the holy people are to be kept harmless from war then make all peoples holy."
----- Silver Surfer from Silver Surfer Requiem

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

KyuubiAkatsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 07:50 PM   #35
Kreegah!!!
Special Jonin Candidate

Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Kreegah!!! completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Kreegah! sidebar: Not sure why anyone even cares about the origins of anything. Every mind-numbing idiot this planet's birthed has reinvented the wheel in accordance with every subject imaginable, so a pursuit of History and any beginnings is useless - nobody's going to learn from past mistakes.

"But, mom, you did drugs and had sex with 60 neighboring townsmen, so I can, too! You just don't understand me!!"

Uh, relevance? you blithely ask, like the dumb cow you are.

Simple, why bother to sate a half-assed interest when you don't care about where it leads you. Also, since you can't get to a point before the beginning to witness the beginning (while still retaining existence, mind), why even bother postulating? With no proof to back up any theory scientifically, you cannot be right, meaning you are forever wrong. And I pay no heed to wrong-ites. Science is a tool, not a belief.

/Sidebar possibly ended
Kreegah!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 09:01 PM   #36
Mini-Chan
Apprentice Genin

Mini-Chan is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

It doesn't matter if you believe in religion or if you believe in science, because believing in either one requires faith. It requires faith because there is no definite proof that they are the true. There is nothing that everyone in the world would except as proof of god, and there are a lot of unanswered questions surrounding the big bang. (What caused it, what the adam that exploded was made up of, ect.) That's why a science vs. religion thread conversation isn't going to do anywhere: Nobody is going to change what they believe because of what some stranger said to them online.
Mini-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:59 AM   #37
jesse uzumaki
Special Jonin Candidate

jesse uzumaki is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I believe in both to be honest. I think the reason why so many people have left there relegion is because they lost faith in there relegion. mainly because there priest or relegious leaders don't help them at all or gived them useless anwers. as for science it has given so many anwsers to questions humans needed. however there are things science cannot explain.
jesse uzumaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 02:18 PM   #38
mrsticky005

Awards Showcase

How about the 3rd alternative where the universe was created right now and that all of history and memory is an illusion? Can't prove me wrong can you? A winner is me! }:?)

...At least in my case.

Last edited by mrsticky005; 05-16-2011 at 12:39 PM.