Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Battlegrounds HQ

Battlegrounds HQ The headquarters of the debating area. Introduce yourself here, get to know other Battlegrounds, and discuss the details and events of the BG.

Old 05-09-2010, 11:49 AM   #81
Kuromaki
Sage of Starbucks Coffee

Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Default Re: Attention all Battlegrounds debaters and moderators.

Sign me up, I'd like to help out with the current situation in the BG.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kuromaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 11:50 AM   #82
Kazumi Saitama
Lady Debater

Kazumi Saitama has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Kazumi Saitama has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Kazumi Saitama has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Kazumi Saitama has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Kazumi Saitama has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Kazumi Saitama has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Send a message via MSN to Kazumi Saitama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toma RNK View Post
I can handle the back end stuff and assign powers (I'll worry about getting it cleared by the higher ups)

The questions I would need answered to make such a group would be:

Who is in it?
Is there a "power tier" to the people in it.
How will abuse be recorded and falsities be corrected.
What powers will people need, and whom?
If you are infracting for rule breaking, what rules are there? Which are more or less serious? How long would each infraction last? How many points before offenders get truly punished?

Making a group is awesome, but what powers should the group have? and how will abuse be monitored?

These all need to be realistically addressed for me to help you guys out.
Understandable. Deidara and Miles would need to decide who they want in this group and then compose a draft of rules and regulations. These rules and regulations should address the questions you posted above. The idea of this group intrigues me and I really think it could be potentially beneficial to BG, but certain criteria must be taken into consideration.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kazumi Saitama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 11:53 AM   #83
deidara330
Mr. Serious

deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
I can handle the back end stuff and assign powers (I'll worry about getting it cleared by the higher ups)

The questions I would need answered to make such a group would be:

Who is in it?
Is there a "power tier" to the people in it.
How will abuse be recorded and falsities be corrected.
What powers will people need, and whom?
If you are infracting for rule breaking, what rules are there? Which are more or less serious? How long would each infraction last? How many points before offenders get truly punished?

Making a group is awesome, but what powers should the group have? and how will abuse be monitored?

These all need to be realistically addressed for me to help you guys out.
Hmmm. I think I'll wait until Miles gets back online to discuss this, as I have some things worked out, but haven't touched specifics on others. We'll most likely be unanimously deciding who should be in the group, and what powers each person would recieve and the group would recieve as a whole.
deidara330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 11:55 AM   #84
Kuroda Taishi
Banned

Kuroda Taishi is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
I'm sure you have some sort of insight or knowledge I don't as I was under the impression based off of many conversations I have had hat viz does support it's "highest return for minimal effort and trouble" forum.
So Viz provides money and financing for this wikia and is legally liable for anything that is posted there?
Kuroda Taishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 11:57 AM   #85
SRhyse
Site Admin - Uber Kage
Viz Administrator

SRhyse just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

I like and support the BG. I can list reasons why, and certainly have, but I'd rather just let that statement end any discussions about that which may be using time better spent on almost anything else .

And to reiterate what I've said in private regarding the group-

Consider anyone making the group in this thread 'candidates' for an as of yet undecided measure to help the BG, NOT who has been approved and in regards to what.
My dog Elly FTW:

*Alot of people have been asking to help me with various things on the site, many of which involve sharing files between me and other members. Since I get asked almost every day, to do this or collaborate with me personally, use
gives you a lot more free space than normal to work with if that helps, but mainly, it's easier than me getting a thousand emails I have to download and upload with a file again to reply
. Thanks for wanting to help though!

Last edited by SRhyse; 05-09-2010 at 11:59 AM.
SRhyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 11:57 AM   #86
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Toma RNK completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroda Taishi View Post
So Viz provides money and financing for this wikia and is legally liable for anything that is posted there?
We disagree on which definition of support is in use.

You usually provide insight and value or at least humor to threads.

I do not understand your negativity in this one, or what you are hoping to accomplish.

May 18th 2009: PM Hell... never forget.
Best post ever!

Always remember

Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from evil.
Toma RNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 11:59 AM   #87
Kuroda Taishi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRhyse View Post
I like and support the BG.
As a person, or as a legal representative of Viz?
Old 05-09-2010, 12:00 PM   #88
Kuroda Taishi
Banned

Quote:
You usually provide insight and value or at least humor to threads.

I do not understand your negativity in this one, or what you are hoping to accomplish.
I'm bored and I am pointing out the flaws in D330s arguements.
Old 05-09-2010, 12:00 PM   #89
SRhyse
Site Admin - Uber Kage
Viz Administrator

Awards Showcase

Quote:
As a person, or as a legal representative of Viz?
Both, as well as other things.
My dog Elly FTW:

*Alot of people have been asking to help me with various things on the site, many of which involve sharing files between me and other members. Since I get asked almost every day, to do this or collaborate with me personally, use
gives you a lot more free space than normal to work with if that helps, but mainly, it's easier than me getting a thousand emails I have to download and upload with a file again to reply
. Thanks for wanting to help though!
SRhyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 12:02 PM   #90
Kuroda Taishi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRhyse View Post
Both, as well as other things.
So I can go and start posting copyrighted Naruto stuff on the Wikia and you would have no problem with it?
Old 05-09-2010, 12:02 PM   #91
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Awards Showcase

<comment retracted as it sidetracks and does not help the point of this thread>

Best post ever!

Always remember

Last edited by Toma RNK; 05-09-2010 at 12:05 PM.
Old 05-09-2010, 12:05 PM   #92
Kuroda Taishi
Banned

Quote:
I accept your explanation and have little respect for your contrariness when it is implemented for no actual gain other than to stimulate your need to belittle people.
Were you not doing the same thing when you came up with the list a few pages ago pointing out your reasons on why his current idea would not work?
Old 05-09-2010, 12:09 PM   #93
Sazabi24
Genin Elite

Sazabi24 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I find it pitiful that some noob with 1 rep power is constantly negging me because I think people who constantly use hyperbole should be banned.

He/she assumes that I think he/she is retarded therefore deserves banning. Maybe he/she is retarded and is constantly negging me to make himself/herself more feel better.

Anyways if you don't believe in banning people who constantly say things like Pain >>>>>> Galactus without any proof, you deserve the same amount of spite as the people who are that retarded as you're only letting the degenerates stay in the forum and letting it fester.
Old 05-09-2010, 12:10 PM   #94
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Were you not doing the same thing when you came up with the list a few pages ago pointing out your reasons on why his current idea would not work?
I would argue no, because your argument and pointing out of details is both "gray area" inaccurate, and does not do anything to support the effort.

My post on the other hand was supportive in nature, and while it pointed out flaws, it provided useful guidance and supplementary information.

One helps the situation, the other just makes you look like a jerk, and demoralizes the effort.

I see a difference in these two things, if you don't then I am certain I will not be able to satisfactorily explain it.

Our debate however will not help this project move forward and so I will stop commenting about it here.

Best post ever!

Always remember

Old 05-09-2010, 12:15 PM   #95
Kuroda Taishi
Banned

Quote:
and while it pointed out flaws, it provided useful guidance and supplementary information.
Pointing out flaws is pointing out flaws. It helps to better the project in the end. I simply chose not to add any useful hints to better the project because I don't think D330 is qualified to lead this sort of project.
Old 05-09-2010, 12:20 PM   #96
deidara330
Mr. Serious

deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Pointing out flaws is pointing out flaws. It helps to better the project in the end. I simply chose not to add any useful hints to better the project because I don't think D330 is qualified to lead this sort of project.
I have no intention of leading it. I simply intend to create the group and then push leadership onto someone else, probably Miles if he's up to it. That's why I'm waiting for him to return before I further any discussion on the group.
deidara330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 12:25 PM   #97
Kuroda Taishi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by deidara330 View Post
I have no intention of leading it. I simply intend to create the group and then push leadership onto someone else, probably Miles if he's up to it. That's why I'm waiting for him to return before I further any discussion on the group.
By making this thread you put yourself in the leadership position. If you wanted Miles to do it, you should have had him make the thread in the first place.
Old 05-09-2010, 12:56 PM   #98
Ultimate combatant
Special Jonin Candidate

Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Quote:
By making this thread you put yourself in the leadership position. If you wanted Miles to do it, you should have had him make the thread in the first place.
Everyone is allowed to suggest a good idea. Leonardo Da Vinci, for example, didn`t create modern world helicopter, but he contributed. He had an idea!
Ultimate combatant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 01:00 PM   #99
Kuroda Taishi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate combatant View Post
Everyone is allowed to suggest a good idea. Leonardo Da Vinci, for example, didn`t create modern world helicopter, but he contributed. He had an idea!
Good for him, I am sure he is very proud of that.
Old 05-09-2010, 01:07 PM   #100
Ultimate combatant
Special Jonin Candidate

Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Ultimate combatant is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Quote:
Good for him, I am sure he is very proud of that.
Just like deidara330.
Ultimate combatant is offline   Reply With Quote