Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Old 05-02-2010, 09:15 PM   #21
itachiuchiha85
Jonin

itachiuchiha85 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: new law in arizona

ive been debating this in another site and one person has a pretty strong case "pro" this law, here is what he wrote:

"the constitution clearly states that the powers not given to the republic lie on the states, as such the law of the land, this is true. since immigration lands on the federal government's power, i agree this seems unlawful and unconstitutional, but since it doesnt aim to change any immigration laws but rather enforce them, this is not unconstitutional."

here is the bill http://www.courthousenews.com/2010/04/16/AzSB1070.pdf

(i am out, will be back tomorrow)
"**** him.Don't act towards stupidity" ninetaled
Raibu Clan
Leader.
Yuushi

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Forum's bitchy person:TBC
naruto(lifeakadeath) relation jiraiya(iou)
have you gotten an award?! check

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

itachiuchiha85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:16 PM   #22
itachiuchiha85
Jonin

itachiuchiha85 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toma RNK View Post
IOU, do you really thing that officers won't use racial profiling near the mexican border, especially considering racial profiling WORKS in many other aspects of law enforcement and they are encouraged to profile in other instances?

I agree the OP was dis-genuine with his summary but would argue it in the end amounts to the same thing.

oh there's no doubt they will! but that doesnt make it "illegal" in a sense.
"**** him.Don't act towards stupidity" ninetaled
Raibu Clan
Leader.
Yuushi

Forum's bitchy person:TBC
naruto(lifeakadeath) relation jiraiya(iou)
have you gotten an award?! check

itachiuchiha85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:16 PM   #23
Kingsnoke
assumed the position
and got to the party. TWICE!
Sage of Ice Water

Kingsnoke finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kingsnoke finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kingsnoke finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kingsnoke finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kingsnoke finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kingsnoke finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kingsnoke finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kingsnoke finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kingsnoke finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Quote:
I stand by "Nothing says american democracy like "show me your papers."
Kingsnoke says that The History Teachers that say Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it have more evidence now.

Kingsnoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:17 PM   #24
garra12345
Chunin Exam Proctor

garra12345 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

well i just hope it does not happen i don't like this law at all.
garra12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:19 PM   #25
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Toma RNK completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachiuchiha85 View Post
oh there's no doubt they will! but that doesnt make it "illegal" in a sense.

You may in fact be correct, legally. That's what civil disobedience (and hopefully jury nullification, though the ignorance of the masses don't inspire me) is for.

I promise I would go to jail over this, and try to get it rectified.

It's still Nazi-ism, and not cool in this country.

May 18th 2009: PM Hell... never forget.
Best post ever!

Always remember

Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from evil.
Toma RNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:19 PM   #26
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by garra12345 View Post
well i just hope it does not happen i don't like this law at all.
It passed, it happened.

Best post ever!

Always remember

Old 05-02-2010, 09:20 PM   #27
SageoftheSixPaths
NOTHING FISH?!

SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsnoke View Post
Kingsnoke says that The History Teachers that say Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it have more evidence now.
Nein!
Old 05-02-2010, 09:23 PM   #28
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageoftheSixPaths View Post
Nein!
Du sprechen Deutch?

Best post ever!

Always remember

Old 05-02-2010, 09:25 PM   #29
SageoftheSixPaths
NOTHING FISH?!

SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
Du sprechen Deutch?
Ein kleines bisschen.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:42 PM   #30
Sasori_X
Chunin Exam Proctor

Sasori_X is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I understand showing a police officer my driver's licence when I'm driving because they have every right to ask for it. But I am against having police officers ask people (hispanic or not) if they're an illegal citizen or not. Do people really need to show a documentation if they're legal or not? Thats just stupid. If you really wanted to stop illegal immigration, you should have stopped it from the start. To late now.

"Snooping as usual I see"- Robotnik and his magnificent pingas

More than happy to add you as a friend.
Sasori_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 10:45 PM   #31
Azal
Special Jonin Candidate

Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.
Send a message via Yahoo to Azal

Quote:
okay so i live in arizona and there is this new law that says if you are mexican
then somebody can come up to you and ask you if you are legal here i mean i understand this but don't you think that is racist. debate
lmao is all i can say here

Azal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:07 AM   #32
Gamabunta
Big Bad Bully
Tactless

Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsnoke View Post
Kingsnoke is reminded of Nazi Germany.
That's funny because this exact law is something in MODERN GERMANY. There is absolutely nothing wrong with asking a citizen for papers. The issue is whether or not it is right to racially profile someone. Basically this law is making being in this country illegally a state crime in Arizona. Once again it is making being in this country illegally, illegal.

This wouldn't be an issue if the Federal gov't had done it's job and kept these people out like it was supposed to. It's easy to criticize being so far away, but honestly if it was in your back yard most of you would feel a great deal differently about this law.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:09 PM   #33
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

I hate when those Nazis make me show my "papers" for registration of ownership when they pull my car over. I must not live in a democracy.

The problem is the federal government has screwed up. Obama yes, but many presidents before. This likely not to be more than looking if criminals are citizens or not. Frankly police always have the right to approach any citizen and question them. It only racist if they target a race.

That does not mean that if the question more Hispanics it's racist as there are more Hispanics that are illegal immigrants. With all the crime and drug smuggling that's coming over the border this law is understandable.

The federal government should be stopping the flow of illegal migration. But it hasn't and is not likely to do so. This law is what's called a last resort.

Last edited by Wooster; 05-03-2010 at 01:15 PM.
Wooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 01:44 PM   #34
Kuroda Taishi
Banned

Kuroda Taishi is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I do not exactly agree with this law, however I do agree with the intent of this law.
Kuroda Taishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 02:51 PM   #35
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Awards Showcase

Id rather do it a more brutal way myself. Proof of citizenship required for all public services, bus, healthcare, police reports, perhaps an exception for firemen as I don't want the neighbors house burned down.

If you are here illegally and are mugged, tough, our cops won't help. Having complications giving birth, tough, or medical facilities are barred to you.

State issued ID would be sufficient.

Also tougher fines for hiring illegals. I mean seriously tough fines, enough to almost bankrupt a company.

Attack the housing owners and the employers, while denying public services like mail, healthcare, and police assistance.

Those I can live with because I am ok needing to show ID to receive a service subsidized or run by the government. I am not ok with requiring more than my state issued ID for walking around.

I know my views aren't popular, but there it is.

Best post ever!

Always remember

Old 05-03-2010, 02:53 PM   #36
Kuroda Taishi
Banned

Kuroda Taishi is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Id rather do it a more brutal way myself. Proof of citizenship required for all public services, bus, healthcare, police reports, perhaps an exception for firemen as I don't want the neighbors house burned down.

If you are here illegally and are mugged, tough, our cops won't help. Having complications giving birth, tough, or medical facilities are barred to you.

Also tougher fines for hiring illegals. I mean seriously tough fines, enough to almost bankrupt a company.

Attack the housing owners and the employers, while denying public services like mail, healthcare, and police assistance.

Those I can live with because I am ok needing to show ID to receive a service subsidized or run by the government. I am not ok with requiring more than my state issued ID for walking around.

Toma for President!!!!!!!!
Kuroda Taishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 03:01 PM   #37
Vivi
Little Miss Spoiler
Formerly V-Valentine
Jonin

Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
okay so i live in arizona and there is this new law that says if you are mexican
then somebody can come up to you and ask you if you are legal here i mean i understand this but don't you think that is racist. debate
Who made that law?John Arpaio?

All this does is make the prejudice about the US being Idiots towards Foreigners a reality.

Jessie>Tifa and Aeris.
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 03:01 PM   #38
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:

I support the first part: not providing service to illegal immigrants. I would support fining employers for hiring illegals IF the first part was carried out. Since that not the case, fining employers is bad idea. If illegals are here, it's better that they work than recieve welfare.

If we are going to do an ideal world. I would just make extremely hard to enter illegally whether it fences or severe punishment such as months of jail time if caught here illegally.

Conversely, I would make it much easier to come here legally. Essentially expand the number per year and make it much easier to renew visa and the such.

However, none of this will ever happen. The problem is that there are not just two sides, so that you can just do what ever the majority wants. Instead, there are about five sides. No matter what is proposed, you will annoy a majority. That's why we have the current situation on immigration even though it's about the worst possibility.

Last edited by Wooster; 05-03-2010 at 06:57 PM.
Wooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 03:08 PM   #39
MasterOfPain
Veteran Chunin

MasterOfPain is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Most retarted law passed since you couldnt carry a donkey in a bathtub on your head.

MasterOfPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 03:52 PM   #40
tanduhman
Special Jonin Candidate

tanduhman is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.tanduhman is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.tanduhman is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.tanduhman is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.tanduhman is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.tanduhman is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

its a genuis law... this is america. after 9/11 we are deffinetly supposed to keep track of who is coming, in and out of this country. plus for all of you who do not know the predictions of how many illegal immigrants there are in america, it is around 500,000!!! in that area anyways.

those are jobs being taken, that could go to the well deserving americans that actually have the decency to pay their taxes.

Amazing things that tantan approves
Spoiler:

1. My best friends
2. Playing guitar is sexy
3. working out.. i know this sounds ridiculous, and jug headed, but it honestly clears my mind. Nothing better to release steam on than some weights. Not only that but completing a self created goal is priceless. I have constant goals through my training routine, and I plan to break them!
tanduhman is offline   Reply With Quote