Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Old 05-02-2010, 09:47 AM   #21
colorles
Banned

colorles is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Why do people show public affection in public?

people do what they want to do

just keep to yourself, as trying to change things usually only makes things worse

change is 'best' made through actions, not words
colorles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 09:08 PM   #22
Amani
Chunin Exam Participant

Amani is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I hate it! I hate it, hate it, HATE IT! Good God, go get a room! Yes, I understand that you are DATING. If you're truly a very mature couple, I should be able to tell that you're together WITHOUT having to see you making out! It makes me SO grossed out, dang it! Why should I have to be the freaking guinea pig to a scene that I don't want to see?!

It's not about confidence in yourselves and your relationship-- it's about having no SHAME is what it is! And if you're wondering, I'm specifically addressing kissing and anything more sexual than that. Holding hands and hugging is okay, though I don't really care to see that either.

But that's just me. -_-;; I have strict morals. And I'd be way to embarrassed to do that.

My parents don't show public affection. There's no way that I would either.
/_!_\ Put this on your siggy if you love Deidara.

Last edited by Amani; 05-15-2010 at 09:13 PM.
Amani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 03:51 PM   #23
EmoSakura
Special Jonin Candidate

EmoSakura completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.EmoSakura completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.EmoSakura completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.EmoSakura completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.EmoSakura completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.EmoSakura completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.EmoSakura completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.EmoSakura completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.EmoSakura completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.EmoSakura completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.EmoSakura completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.EmoSakura completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amani View Post
I hate it! I hate it, hate it, HATE IT! Good God, go get a room! Yes, I understand that you are DATING. If you're truly a very mature couple, I should be able to tell that you're together WITHOUT having to see you making out! It makes me SO grossed out, dang it! Why should I have to be the freaking guinea pig to a scene that I don't want to see?!

It's not about confidence in yourselves and your relationship-- it's about having no SHAME is what it is! And if you're wondering, I'm specifically addressing kissing and anything more sexual than that. Holding hands and hugging is okay, though I don't really care to see that either.

But that's just me. -_-;; I have strict morals. And I'd be way to embarrassed to do that.

agreed.
EmoSakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 04:52 PM   #24
ItachiAnbu
Special Jonin Candidate

ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:

First, if you expect people to be ashamed because they wish to display their affection for their significant other, then you obviously don't have a significant other, or at least don't have that level of a relationship with your significant other, and that's fine. But stepping into the other persons shoes helps. Usually, people grow out of it, too. So hating on it solves next to nothing.

Secondly, if you don't want to see it, don't look. People will be people, and you disliking them kissing/making out isn't going to keep them from doing it. Thus you cause yourself undue stress.

Instead, do what I do. Walk up to the guy (this only works with guys, for some reason) afterwards, and say what I say;

Heeeeeeyyyyyy there, Tyler. Saw you and your girlfriend upstairs. Nice technique, bro.

Then laugh with him. WITH him.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ItachiAnbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 05:06 PM   #25
akikofrown
Veteran Chunin

akikofrown is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

you can either see that or a bickering couple.
akikofrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 05:09 PM   #26
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Super High School Level Narcissist
Quasi-Admin

Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via MSN to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Maikeru D. Shinigami

Quote:
Originally Posted by akikofrown View Post
I'd much rather see the lovers.

YouTube:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Maikeru D. Shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 05:12 PM   #27
ItachiAnbu
Special Jonin Candidate

ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akikofrown View Post
I like to add on to those, too.

An argument in science class, by ItachiAnbu:

Guy: What do you mean, I'm wrong? The evidence clearly shows-

Girl: Tom, the evidence doesn't matter, all that matters is the conclusion.

Guy: Wha-

Me: Tom, the evidence obviously leans in your direction. Tell her what's what.

Guy: SEE!?

Girl: Don't listen to him, he's-

Me: Kayla, you're obviously right. He doesn't know what he's talking about.

Both: ..........

Old 05-25-2010, 05:21 PM   #28
Amani
Chunin Exam Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItachiAnbu View Post
First, if you expect people to be ashamed because they wish to display their affection for their significant other, then you obviously don't have a significant other, or at least don't have that level of a relationship with your significant other, and that's fine. But stepping into the other persons shoes helps. Usually, people grow out of it, too. So hating on it solves next to nothing.

Secondly, if you don't want to see it, don't look. People will be people, and you disliking them kissing/making out isn't going to keep them from doing it. Thus you cause yourself undue stress.

Instead, do what I do. Walk up to the guy (this only works with guys, for some reason) afterwards, and say what I say;

Heeeeeeyyyyyy there, Tyler. Saw you and your girlfriend upstairs. Nice technique, bro.

Then laugh with him. WITH him.
I don't agree with showings of public affection. Hugging and holding hands is fine. Aside from that, please, no.

And what do you mean "don't look at it"? That's not even fair. They're doing it in a place where people are EVERYWHERE and will look, even on accident. It's a public place, I have the right to look at stuff. But that doesn't mean I have to see kissing.

And as I said before, my parents never show public affection, so I would never do it either.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:26 PM   #29
akikofrown
Veteran Chunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maikeru Shinigami View Post
I'd much rather see the lovers.

yeah, bickering couples can get crazy.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:27 PM   #30
akikofrown
Veteran Chunin

Quote:
I like to add on to those, too.

An argument in science class, by ItachiAnbu:

Guy: What do you mean, I'm wrong? The evidence clearly shows-

Girl: Tom, the evidence doesn't matter, all that matters is the conclusion.

Guy: Wha-

Me: Tom, the evidence obviously leans in your direction. Tell her what's what.

Guy: SEE!?

Girl: Don't listen to him, he's-

Me: Kayla, you're obviously right. He doesn't know what he's talking about.

Both: ..........

at least you got them quiet.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:15 PM   #31
LeafShinobi22
Genin

LeafShinobi22 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

It's hard to avoid when their right in front of your locker. So I feel emosakura's pain very deep T-T.

Is it jealousy? Maybe. I don't even know. I just know I can't stand it, and I agree with Amani in saying that "just looking away" is hard to do sometimes when their right in front of your face every other period 5 days a week -_-.

No Money=Poverty=Depression

"Money makes the world go round. A world where morals come after riches is a world ruled by greed"-Me
LeafShinobi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 02:28 PM   #32
ItachiAnbu
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
I don't agree with showings of public affection. Hugging and holding hands is fine. Aside from that, please, no.

And what do you mean "don't look at it"? That's not even fair. They're doing it in a place where people are EVERYWHERE and will look, even on accident. It's a public place, I have the right to look at stuff. But that doesn't mean I have to see kissing.

And as I said before, my parents never show public affection, so I would never do it either.
You can't solve their issues for them, you can only solve yours. You can either be a jerk and create conflict, or be the better man (or woman) and decide not to care.

Never say never.

And while your parents might seem like good people to emulate, I would encourage you to make decisions because they're what you want to do, not because they're what your parents do or how you were raised.

One example: I was raised in an environment where the words "gay" and "" were tossed around on occasion, by BOTH my parents. I, by contrast, am quite possibly the biggest advocate for gay rights in my entire family.

Old 05-26-2010, 08:01 PM   #33
Amani
Chunin Exam Participant

Quote:
You can't solve their issues for them, you can only solve yours. You can either be a jerk and create conflict, or be the better man (or woman) and decide not to care.

Never say never.

And while your parents might seem like good people to emulate, I would encourage you to make decisions because they're what you want to do, not because they're what your parents do or how you were raised.

One example: I was raised in an environment where the words "gay" and "" were tossed around on occasion, by BOTH my parents. I, by contrast, am quite possibly the biggest advocate for gay rights in my entire family.
Well, I don't throw a big fuss over seeing couples show public affection. I'm just saying that I'd rather deal without it. -_-;;

And yeah, I don't get everything from my parents. I have my own opinions. Even so, I agree with them in some areas too.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:36 PM   #34
ItachiAnbu
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Well, I don't throw a big fuss over seeing couples show public affection. I'm just saying that I'd rather deal without it. -_-;;

And yeah, I don't get everything from my parents. I have my own opinions. Even so, I agree with them in some areas too.
Yes, I can see the wisdom in that. I like to think that my personality is many bits of different people I have met or seen, all cobbled together to make something entirely new. Like arranging a sentence from letters you cut out of magazines.