Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Leaf Village Council > Forum Feedback & Issues

Forum Feedback & Issues Having problems using the forums or site? Maybe you have some feedback about the site you'd like to share? Post it here.

Old 04-27-2010, 03:51 PM   #1
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Alt Accounts.

I've seen a user make SEVERAL alt accounts, and there really wasn't anything wrong with their other account. I would name a few in specific, but I decided not to make it public.

From what I understand about alt accounts is that people make them for a few reasons, but this user really didn't encounter any.
  • They might have been banned.
    They might have wanted more rep power and built up rep on that one so they could rep themselves.
    Or they're like TDZ and just want alternative repping solutions, almost like rating a thread or post.

Why would a user make an alt account when their other accounts have nothing wrong with them? It just doesn't make sense. I'm just a little bit annoyed that this is allowed, because it's starting to get ridiculous. I don't know anybody because they're making alts every five minutes.

Feedback/Suggestion Part:

I think we should have a limit set to amounts of alt accounts. Why is this? Because too many people using alts means utter turmoil. Maybe 2 alt accounts? The user may also have to fill out a form answering what their purposes are.

Punishments for rule-breakers:

For anybody who decides that they may want more than two alt accounts and decide to go against the rules and make a third, we could have a punishment system, each time, the person is reprimanded even more than the first.

First Time: 1 point infraction.
Second Time: 10 point infraction.
Third Time: A week of banning.
Fourth Time: A perma-ban.

I hope this is legit and reasonable to most.
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:54 PM   #2
Hockey Otaku
is Toma's only acknowleged stalker/fangirl.

Hockey Otaku has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hockey Otaku has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hockey Otaku has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hockey Otaku has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hockey Otaku has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hockey Otaku has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hockey Otaku has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Default Re: Alt Accounts.

Quote:
Why would a user make an alt account when their other accounts have nothing wrong with them?

Another reason:
I have an alt that I made just for fun, and harmless screwing with people. I don't rep myself with it...it actually has 0 rep power. I used to rep my alt, but just to make sure it wouldn't have negative rep. It really doesn't matter if my alt has rep or not, I just didn't want it to look bad. So I don't think they should always cause the account holder to be punished, they should only be punished if they abuse it.

HOCKEY! To the BATMOBILE!!!
Quote:
/Gets in.
/realizes this is a terrible idea.

IF I AM NEVER SEEN AGAIN TELL LUNA HOCKEY I LOVE HER!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Otaku
/Is sitting right next to you.
Freudian slip? I think so.
Spoiler:
You can consider me to have officially left the forums, however, I do check my messages so I'd love it* if you'd chat me up.*** =D

*That is, if we actually know each other.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
**Fan of Minato. (HA!)
***DragonAngel gets a gold star!
Hockey Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:55 PM   #3
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

That's why I suggested a form. And if it looks legit, it's up to the Admins of course, they could allow it.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:57 PM   #4
SS4 Gogeta
Banned

SS4 Gogeta is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Hey!I had a reason.
SS4 Gogeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:58 PM   #5
Vex
Special Jonin Candidate

Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

I think I have only like two other alt. accounts, Sheila & Sister. 'Twas for an RP, I forgot the passwords though. I wish I could have them deleted..
And I don't really see that big of a problem with it, I think the only punishment worthy giving would be for using it for rep abuse.

Edit: lmao ECW.

Vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:58 PM   #6
Cyl
Special Jonin Candidate

Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Yahoo to Cyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS4 Gogeta View Post
Hey!I had a reason.
I remember you saying your accounts were messing up or something like that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:58 PM   #7
Sage Mode
Site Admin - The Great Toad Sage
Viz Administrator

Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

While I don't condone alt accounts, tracking everyone's alt accounts isn't feasible. It basically comes down to if they're causing trouble with their accounts.

A. he is gonna say this is sweet
B. leave not saying anything
C. he is gonna close the thread

--dogboy22
Sage Mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:59 PM   #8
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Awards Showcase

I know you did. And it seems like you've changed...dramatically. I'm wondering if it's really you.

On-Topic: I just think that it's logical to make sure that people aren't always making alts.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:20 PM   #9
garra12345
Chunin Exam Proctor

garra12345 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

hey can you delete one of you're acconts.
garra12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 04:22 PM   #10
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Super High School Level Narcissist
Quasi-Admin

Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via MSN to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Maikeru D. Shinigami

This isn't an issue. People creating alts doesn't hurt anyone. It's what you do with those alts that count. Rep Abuse, as said already, is the only real reason to even care about what people do with alts, unless they use it to break the rules and don't want their other name to get in trouble. As for TDZ's situation. I have no problem with what he was doing, as he felt some posts he liked were worth his rep and some were worth a lower amount.

@garra12345: No, only admins can.

YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Maikeru D. Shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 04:23 PM   #11
garra12345
Chunin Exam Proctor

garra12345 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsu View Post
This isn't an issue. People creating alts doesn't hurt anyone. It's what you do with those alts that count. Rep Abuse, as said already, is the only real reason to even care about what people do with alts, unless they use it to break the rules and don't want their other name to get in trouble. As for TDZ's situation. I have no problem with what he was doing, as he felt some posts he liked were worth his rep and some were worth a lower amount.

@garra12345: No, only admins can.
ok thanks.
garra12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 04:31 PM   #12
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Toma RNK completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

There are basically three categories of alt accounts.

NOVELTY ACCOUNTS: These exist for fun. For example "Child Support Collector" is a novelty account made to harass those who get into forum relationships, have kids, then break up. RP accounts or troll accounts fall into this category.

ALTERNATE REP/TEST accounts. For users with tons of rep power or people like me who need to test whether or not "normal users" have access to secret areas. These accounts provide a function for advanced users.

SECOND CHANCE ACCOUNTS. Oops, I screwed up and got banned or something similar, time for a new account.

As to punishments, I have many many novelty accounts, 2 Altername/test accounts. So I guess I'd be in trouble if this suggestion went through.

RANDOM THOUGHT:
Spoiler:
I was actually tempted to stalk hockey with an alt account, except be REALLY REALLY good at it. Like creepy good at it.

May 18th 2009: PM Hell... never forget.
Best post ever!

Always remember

Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from evil.
Toma RNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 04:35 PM   #13
Hockey Otaku
is Toma's only acknowleged stalker/fangirl.

Hockey Otaku has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hockey Otaku has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hockey Otaku has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hockey Otaku has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hockey Otaku has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hockey Otaku has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hockey Otaku has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toma RNK View Post
RANDOM THOUGHT:
Spoiler:
I was actually tempted to stalk hockey with an alt account, except be REALLY REALLY good at it. Like creepy good at it.

I don't know exactly what to think here...but I think I like it...

HOCKEY! To the BATMOBILE!!!
Quote:
/Gets in.
/realizes this is a terrible idea.

IF I AM NEVER SEEN AGAIN TELL LUNA HOCKEY I LOVE HER!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Otaku
/Is sitting right next to you.
Freudian slip? I think so.
Spoiler:
You can consider me to have officially left the forums, however, I do check my messages so I'd love it* if you'd chat me up.*** =D

*That is, if we actually know each other.
**Fan of Minato. (HA!)
***DragonAngel gets a gold star!
Hockey Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 04:48 PM   #14
Hidden Ninja45
Jonin

Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

I don't think alternate are a really big deal useless the rep thing happen.

And I think it could be possible to tell when people create alternate accounts because the IP address would probably be the same. I think the Mods can track IP addresses.

Alternate accounts for fun shouldn't be strictly limited useless the names are offensive.

Hidden Ninja45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 04:50 PM   #15
ukiyo
Chunin Exam Proctor

ukiyo saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS4 Gogeta View Post
Hey!I had a reason.
and so did i buddy

: a zombie apocalypse fanfic
ukiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 04:52 PM   #16
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidden Ninja45 View Post
I don't think alternate are a really big deal useless the rep thing happen.

And I think it could be possible to tell when people create alternate accounts because the IP address would probably be the same. I think the Mods can track IP addresses.

Alternate accounts for fun shouldn't be strictly limited useless the names are offensive.

I like to proxy proxy!
I like to proxy proxy!
I like to proxy proxy....
Ya like ta.... PROXY!

Source:

May 18th 2009: PM Hell... never forget.
Best post ever!

Always remember

Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from evil.
Toma RNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 06:11 PM   #17
trouble88
Making It Duoble
Special Hunter Ninja
WS-Genin

Location: playing pokemonxy with KazekageGaara and Fluttershy
trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to trouble88 Send a message via MSN to trouble88 Send a message via Skype™ to trouble88

alt account is no big deal to me I only use me when someone make me mad when I use T88 or (trouble88) I really don't care about it anyway

You stole my heart from the day we met^////^
Forum frist buddies: JAFL,KU
Member of the Forum ANBU PM me for help

trouble88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 05:38 AM   #18
<Aurega?>
Because having a blank username couldn't possibly be any more annoying

<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.<Aurega?> is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

If I ever take part in the war system, I'll use an alt, mainly because I think that to enjoy a game, you need to be a normal player.

As for people who abuses the rep system with alts, they tend to be severely punished if caught. If I remember correctly, 3 people have been caught doing that up to now, and they have been punished pretty harshly.
<Aurega?> is offline   Reply With Quote