Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

View Poll Results: Which do you use/would you use to bag your grocceries
paper 7 58.33%
plastic 5 41.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-21-2010, 09:41 AM   #1
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Default Paper or Plastic?

Which do you choose to bag your groceries?
(No cheating and saying reusable.)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spam once and the forum will be annoyed.
Spam twice and warnings will be deployed
Spam thrice and a infraction you will receive
Spam 8,984 times and a FAIL Agent you''ll soon be.

...At least in my case.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:21 AM   #2
Toph
Chunin

Toph is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Paper or Plastic?

Paper is much more appropriate. Poor trees...
Toph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 10:24 AM   #3
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toph View Post
Paper is much more appropriate. Poor trees...
You know they can and do replant trees when they log them.
If they didn't they couldn't stay in business. So don't fret
too much about the trees.

Anywho why paper?

...At least in my case.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:09 AM   #4
Toph
Chunin

That's because some people are too lazy to plant new ones.

I completely forgot the reason why. Lol!

Somehow, I think it's because plastic is not that safe??? Maybe??? Somehow???
Old 04-21-2010, 11:10 AM   #5
mrsticky005

Awards Showcase

Quote:

Maybe Paper is more fun?

...At least in my case.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:24 AM   #6
Toph
Chunin

Yeah... Paper is more fun. Lol! You can use it for origami.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:47 AM   #7
mrsticky005

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Yeah... Paper is more fun. Lol! You can use it for origami.
By plastic being more dangerous...were you talking about the suffocation hazard?

...At least in my case.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:51 AM   #8
Toph
Chunin

Yes, yes... That was it. Lol! Nope! It was another reason... But I still think it was somehow dangerous. That's why I vote for paper.

Last edited by Toph; 04-21-2010 at 11:50 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:07 PM   #9
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:

Look

Plastic bags are sort of an eye sore,but the worse problem is that they do not degrade for a long time.

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:15 PM   #10
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

It's paper. Paper bags are easier to carry, easier to bag, and more useful for later. Plastic bags are annoying.

Besides there's an art to bagging groceries. An art that is killed when you use plastic bags.

Wooster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:21 PM   #11
mrsticky005

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
It's paper. Paper bags are easier to carry, easier to bag, and more useful for later. Plastic bags are annoying.

Besides there's an art to bagging groceries. An art that is killed when you use plastic bags.
But plastic bags are like the tumbleweeds of suburbia!

...At least in my case.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:21 PM   #12
AnBu.KnighT
Chunin Exam Participant

AnBu.KnighT is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

This a unique question ^^, but i can still say alot about this: well if i'm out buying something for my nephews or if friends over i'll use plastic only because if i have something that is wet like sometimes milk in the stores have water on it since it was in the cold temp and it goes in aotter enviroment so it gets wet and if you had paper it will make it weak and break plastic wont. Same with like a 6 pack of alchol and its not all covered by a box so it does the same. Plastic i think is stronger also and easier to hold and i can fit more things in it for the kids or buddys. Paper just breaks too easily, but i have to say i use those reusable ones more then both but thats not aloowed so i'll say Plastic is better 10/10
AnBu.KnighT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:23 PM   #13
mrsticky005

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnBu.KnighT View Post
This a unique question ^^, but i can still say alot about this: well if i'm out buying something for my nephews or if friends over i'll use plastic only because if i have something that is wet like sometimes milk in the stores have water on it since it was in the cold temp and it goes in aotter enviroment so it gets wet and if you had paper it will make it weak and break plastic wont. Same with like a 6 pack of alchol and its not all covered by a box so it does the same. Plastic i think is stronger also and easier to hold and i can fit more things in it for the kids or buddys. Paper just breaks too easily, but i have to say i use those reusable ones more then both but thats not aloowed so i'll say Plastic is better 10/10
Plastic can be used as trashbags

...At least in my case.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:29 PM   #14
AnBu.KnighT
Chunin Exam Participant

AnBu.KnighT is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
Plastic can be used as trashbags
Ah yes another great usage ^^ o you can use it to cover it on some one head and kill then...(like sasuke) o.o *runs into a tree* O.(x) (black eye)
AnBu.KnighT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:31 PM   #15
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

I still hate plastic, even if I use them all the time. There is no way to dispose of them.

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:32 PM   #16
sasu_girl
Lovely Girl :3
Special Jonin Candidate

sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

i like paper because you can recycle them =P
(but my family really does use re-useable bags when grocery shopping)

~*~*~*슈퍼주니어*~*~*~
sasu_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:58 PM   #17
Toph
Chunin

@bacon... Yeah! That was it! We learned about that during the 4th grade.

Although I have to agree with AnBu.KnighT, it's going to be very difficult to use paper if you bought water, milk and some other liquid stuff. And lol! Yes, plastic can also be used as trash bags. But still.... We should use paper for the sake of the environment.
Old 04-22-2010, 12:35 AM   #18
Naruko-chan
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: In your room, violating all of your stuffed animals. >:D
Naruko-chan saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Plastic because the bottom doesn't fall out as easily like a paper bag and I use the plastic bags for later for things like cleaning or carrying things in.
Missing-nin
OTP:NaruSasu <3
^^^^^^^^^
------------------------------------------------
Naruko-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 12:48 AM   #19
Toph
Chunin

Plastic is useful... But you should read bacon's post. Click the "Look" part. It's post #9.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:01 AM   #20
Gamabunta
Big Bad Bully
Tactless

Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Which do I use most? Plastic. Which do I think are better? Paper. We actually have just as much forest in total area as we did in 1950, because of replanting. Environmentalists only want "natural" forests though. >.>

And yes we also use reusable. Not as much for the environment but to save money at certain stores that charge for bags.