Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Battlegrounds HQ > The Graveyard

The Graveyard While you CAN endlessly debate some things, other threads need a place to stay buried. This friends, is that place.

Old 03-31-2010, 08:23 AM   #1
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Sudden Outbreak Of New BG Posters?

Some new posters in the BG? There is a huge increase in threads in the BG. New posters are seriously pissing me off, they make threads like Naruto Vs. Sakura (Example hasn't actually been posted, but they're stupid like that) and expect to have a good debate.

I think there are a few negative things about the new posters, here they are.
  • They really lack in debating skills.
  • They don't make good match-ups.
  • They fail to stop flamming even when we try and be nice to them. (Us being the debators that actually have experience)
  • They don't know any of the terms used in the BG.
  • They are ignorant, and they constantly support their theory whether it's logical or not, and they don't like being outsmarted. When they are, they flame even more.
  • They are squandering our time and the forums space, (This is important due to the fact that the forum is slower if there are too many threads) with bad debates like ones that were mentioned before.
  • And most importantly, they're minimalizing the fun of the Battlegrounds.

If you are one of these people, I'm sure that you're aware. I'd ask that you please stop your post farming because it's ruining my time in the Battlegrounds, and it's most likely ruining other member's time as well. I also ask that you think out your threads before posting them, I am saying this piece because I don't want you guys to have negative rep, and I don't want you to be banned, I just hope this tells you guys how us other debators feel, and what we want changed.
__________________________________________________ _____________

I don't mean to speak for others, but I've heard this before, and somebody had to take a stand. I'm sorry if I have offended you by speaking for you.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:36 AM   #2
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Sudden Outbreak Of New BG Posters?

/bump
Old 03-31-2010, 08:52 AM   #3
ECW Original
the most lovable girl at the ball.

ECW Original is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I noticed too.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:54 AM   #4
W U B Z
Genin

W U B Z is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Yeah, i agree actually .. it seems some people just like making posts to get their post count up ?? even if the posts are really bad ...
Old 03-31-2010, 10:52 AM   #5
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by W U B Z View Post
Yeah, i agree actually .. it seems some people just like making posts to get their post count up ?? even if the posts are really bad ...
Yes, it's called post farming.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:59 AM   #6
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru9 View Post
Some new posters in the BG? There is a huge increase in threads in the BG. New posters are seriously pissing me off, they make threads like Naruto Vs. Sakura (Example hasn't actually been posted, but they're stupid like that) and expect to have a good debate.

I think there are a few negative things about the new posters, here they are.
  • They really lack in debating skills.
  • They don't make good match-ups.
  • They fail to stop flamming even when we try and be nice to them. (Us being the debators that actually have experience)
  • They don't know any of the terms used in the BG.
  • They are ignorant, and they constantly support their theory whether it's logical or not, and they don't like being outsmarted. When they are, they flame even more.
  • They are squandering our time and the forums space, (This is important due to the fact that the forum is slower if there are too many threads) with bad debates like ones that were mentioned before.
  • And most importantly, they're minimalizing the fun of the Battlegrounds.

If you are one of these people, I'm sure that you're aware. I'd ask that you please stop your post farming because it's ruining my time in the Battlegrounds, and it's most likely ruining other member's time as well. I also ask that you think out your threads before posting them, I am saying this piece because I don't want you guys to have negative rep, and I don't want you to be banned, I just hope this tells you guys how us other debators feel, and what we want changed.
__________________________________________________ _____________

I don't mean to speak for others, but I've heard this before, and somebody had to take a stand. I'm sorry if I have offended you by speaking for you.
I can understand that you are irritated with flamers,but not everyone can just come up with a good match up. The term you used for "good" is not well stated and is solely based on your opinion; Also I would have to disagree with the comment on terms and abbreviations. If you are so concerned,then be prepared to explain them,ignore them or type out your words. That said, I can agree with a lot of what you said because if you want to debate; you have to have some humility if you are out smarted.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Old 03-31-2010, 11:35 AM   #7
trofet
Genin

trofet is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Sounds like someone is getting pissed? Idk. But w/e just ignore them you know...
Old 03-31-2010, 12:50 PM   #8
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by trofet View Post
Sounds like someone is getting pissed? Idk. But w/e just ignore them you know...

There are too many threads to ignore. I seriously wish these people would just find a different section like character talk because it's already ruined. There are just some people that aren't meant for the BG.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:55 PM   #9
SageoftheSixPaths
NOTHING FISH?!

SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru9 View Post
There are too many threads to ignore. I seriously wish these people would just find a different section like character talk because it's already ruined. There are just some people that aren't meant for the BG.
It's harsh, but it's also true. While the BG have been getting many new posters, few of them actually contribute more than "10ten sux lol hidan beats pain" and things like that. If you know for a fact you don't know the manga down to a tee, you're likely going to get flamed, downrepped, etc.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:56 PM   #10
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Awards Showcase

I may actually not be as annoyed if people actually posted their logic. Like you said, there posts consist of, "Neji wins because I'm his biggest fanboy." and "Gaara wins because he's cooler."

When will they actually debate?
Old 03-31-2010, 01:06 PM   #11
TheAkatsukiClanPM9999
Chunin Exam Proctor

TheAkatsukiClanPM9999 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via MSN to TheAkatsukiClanPM9999 Send a message via Yahoo to TheAkatsukiClanPM9999 Send a message via Skype™ to TheAkatsukiClanPM9999

All the way agreed.

Spoiler:

18-0

Old 03-31-2010, 01:08 PM   #12
SageoftheSixPaths
NOTHING FISH?!

SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.SageoftheSixPaths has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAtatsukiClanPM9999 View Post
All the way agreed.
No offense, bro, but you're kind of one of the guys who doesn't really back up their claims.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:09 PM   #13
Lady Tsunade
Old.

Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Agreed. Zabuza vs Kisame,Tayuya vs Tenten,Tenten vs Hidan threads are pointless to discuss.Its the loss of good debaters thats attracting them :o
Old 03-31-2010, 01:26 PM   #14
Cyl
Special Jonin Candidate

Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Yahoo to Cyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerKunoichixxx View Post
Agreed. Zabuza vs Kisame,Tayuya vs Tenten,Tenten vs Hidan threads are pointless to discuss.Its the loss of good debaters thats attracting them :o
You're attracted to my thread, so are you saying you're not a good debater? :o I messed up and made one bad thread, sue me.

Those threads are nothing compared to this anyway. http://naruto.viz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51985

Old 03-31-2010, 01:34 PM   #15
Jinchiruuki

I will also add the following: If a BG thread is a stomp thread ...those of you "good debaters" should refrain from posting just these statements: "This is stomp" or "This is rape" because in reality that makes you the same as those who do not back up anything and is spam/post farming in my opinion. Just like you did in that thread you posted Cyl.

Honestly BG's will continue to be like that because we get new members constantly and they don't know that such threads are made or how to conduct themselves like the rest of the big debaters like V-val or Kittan. Why not set an example by not doing what you accuse them of doing first of all. Secondly...if you are that upset over the ordeal...should make a guideline set in the BG area for new users to read before they enter a BG debate thread. Instead of sitting here whining about it, do something about it.

Just putting that out there.

Last edited by Jinchiruuki; 03-31-2010 at 01:38 PM.
  Add Dice Roll To Message
Old 03-31-2010, 01:36 PM   #16
Cyl
Special Jonin Candidate

Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinchiruuki View Post
I will also add the following: If a BG thread is a stomp thread ...those of you "good debaters" should refrain from posting just these statements: "This is stomp" or "This is rape" because in reality that makes you the same as those who do not back up anything and is spam/post farming in my opinion. Just like you did in that thread you posted Cyl.

Honestly BG's will continue to be like that because we get new members constantly and they don't know that such threads are made or how to conduct themselves like the rest of the big debaters like V-val or Kittan. Why not set an example by not doing what you accuse them of doing first of all. Secondly...if you aqre that upset over the ordeal...should make a guideline set in the BG area for new users to read before they enter a BG debate thread. Instead of sitting here whining about it, do something about it.

Just putting that out there.
You mean in that Gohan vs Naruto and Sasuke thread?

And yes i agree with you.

Old 03-31-2010, 01:37 PM   #17
Jinchiruuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyl View Post
You mean in that Gohan vs Naruto and Sasuke thread?

And yes i agree with you.
Yes I do mean in that thread.

I'm not trying to put you in the spot light but that is an example and it was convenient since the link is in this topic.

Another thing is...there should be mods in that section who check new threads. They should close ones that are stomp or pointless and monitor those that have possible flaming involved.

PM one of them if something like this occurs.
  Add Dice Roll To Message
Old 03-31-2010, 01:39 PM   #18
Lady Tsunade
Old.

Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Lady Tsunade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

^This
I was originally going to make a thread outlining some of the used rules and phrases in the BG. However I wanted the help of a mod, and none were currently able to assist :o
Old 03-31-2010, 01:43 PM   #19
Cyl
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinchiruuki View Post
Yes I do mean in that thread.

I'm not trying to put you in the spot light but that is an example and it was convenient since the link is in this topic.

Another thing is...there should be mods in that section who check new threads. They should close ones that are stomp or pointless and monitor those that have possible flaming involved.

PM one of them if something like this occurs.
Sorry I tend to do that in stomp threads. I edited it.

They used to monitor threads like this and lock them as quickly as they showed up, I don't know what happened to that.

Old 03-31-2010, 01:44 PM   #20
Jinchiruuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerKunoichixxx View Post
^This
I was originally going to make a thread outlining some of the used rules and phrases in the BG. However I wanted the help of a mod, and none were currently able to assist :o
This is where you would bring it up with the guys in green requesting someone to be made a mod there to prevent problems/issues such as this from occuring.

EDIT:

@Cyl: I am assuming the past BG monitors have stopped coming here for the most part due to not having anything to debate or just getting tired of the same threads being made over and over. Activity has decreased a lot with the big debaters like Kittan. V-val still goes there a lot but I don't see her locking any of the threads and she is a mod and is on quite often.
  Add Dice Roll To Message