Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Battlegrounds HQ > The Graveyard

The Graveyard While you CAN endlessly debate some things, other threads need a place to stay buried. This friends, is that place.

Old 03-27-2010, 12:41 PM   #1
deidara330
Mr. Serious

deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.
Default My view on locking threads.

I know this has been discussed many times before, but I just wanted to give my view on it.

I think that there shouldn't be any more thread locking, at all. I think there should only be post deleting. Because people can have their own opinions on who wins in a match, and people debate to change the other person's opinion to their own. If someone makes a thread saying Pain VS Ino, I won't lock it. But if the same person posts (not counting the first post) that Ino beats Pain because she's more awesome, then I will delete their post. As long as actual debating can occur within the thread, I don't care how much of a stomp it is.
Old 03-27-2010, 12:44 PM   #2
321zigzag1
Banned

321zigzag1 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: My view on locking threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deidara330 View Post
I know this has been discussed many times before, but I just wanted to give my view on it.

As long as actual debating can occur within the thread, I don't care how much of a stomp it is.
Irony
Old 03-27-2010, 12:45 PM   #3
Nyruss
Special Jonin Candidate

Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

There's nothing to debate and anyone who tries to claim otherwise is an idiot.

Leaving an obvious stomp thread open will contribute nothing other than spam.
Old 03-27-2010, 12:46 PM   #4
deidara330
Mr. Serious

deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 321zigzag1 View Post
Irony
*Cough Cough* Read the rest of the post. *Cough Cough*
Old 03-27-2010, 12:46 PM   #5
321zigzag1
Banned

321zigzag1 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
*Cough Cough* Read the rest of the post. *Cough Cough*
How can I read more? I focused on your last sentence.
Old 03-27-2010, 12:49 PM   #6
Juracule Mihawk
Banned

Juracule Mihawk is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Whats there to debate about in a Goku vs Superman thread?
Old 03-27-2010, 12:50 PM   #7
deidara330
Mr. Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by 321zigzag1 View Post
How can I read more? I focused on your last sentence.
"Read the rest of the post" as in "focus on more than just one sentence". If so much as one person thinks the person getting stomped can win, debating can take place in a stomp thread. As long as people don't double post and make duplicate threads, then I don't mind leaving stomp threads open.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juracule Mihawk View Post
Whats there to debate about in a Goku vs Superman thread?
Umm, you could debate like, who wins? That's kind of how the threads in this subforum work. It doesn't matter if your debating opponent is obviously wrong, as long as they have a reason, and you have a reason, it's a debate.

Last edited by deidara330; 03-27-2010 at 12:56 PM.
Old 03-27-2010, 01:13 PM   #8
Nyruss
Special Jonin Candidate

Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Goku vs Superman threads are legendary for the shitstorms they generate. No one can ever agree on a winner, even though Superman is plainly superior in every conceivable way(being capable of casually exceeding the speed of light many thousands of times over).

As with the Ino vs Pain there is nothing to debate. Leaving the thread open would just encourage spam and stupidity when some retard tries to claim that Goku/Ino wins.
Old 03-27-2010, 06:10 PM   #9
Vivi
Little Miss Spoiler
Formerly V-Valentine
Jonin

Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Vivi is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:

I think that there shouldn't be any more thread locking, at all. I think there should only be post deleting. Because people can have their own opinions on who wins in a match, and people debate to change the other person's opinion to their own. If someone makes a thread saying Pain VS Ino, I won't lock it. But if the same person posts (not counting the first post) that Ino beats Pain because she's more awesome, then I will delete their post. As long as actual debating can occur within the thread, I don't care how much of a stomp it is.
So what can change someones opinion in friggin Superman vs Naruto?
We're finding Winners not changing someone's opinion.

By leaving them open all it leads to is spam in a Thread where a "Opinion" cannot be changed due to the Stomp.
And those who try are the fanboy's who do whatever it takes to make their character win.They lead to flaming and other rule breaks.

Leaving them open is a Guarantee that this happens sooner or later.
Thats why they NEED to be locked to even prevent it from happening.
Also if you wanna take the responsibility of a Flame War or Infraction worthy Posts occuring go ahead and leave them open.

But I sure won't.Cause I'm not even letting it go that far.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jessie>Tifa and Aeris.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.