Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Battlegrounds Versus Debates > Battlegrounds HQ > The Graveyard

The Graveyard While you CAN endlessly debate some things, other threads need a place to stay buried. This friends, is that place.

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2010, 02:42 PM   #1
Tourune
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Tourune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: With Root In Brooklyn
Posts: 3,027
Rep Power: 0
Tourune is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Kimimaaru vs. itachi

NO AMATARAS,SASUNO,OR STUKUMOI



i say kimimaru
__________________
Quote:
PSN BrianTourune

Top 3 Anime Characters
1 - Danzo
2 - Ulquiorra
3 - Cole
Tourune is offline  
Old 03-24-2010, 02:44 PM   #2
Kuromaki
Sage of Starbucks Coffee
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: holla holla get $
Posts: 18,136
Rep Power: 16
Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Default Re: Kimimaaru vs. itachi

Itachi still has his other genjutsu.

Plus he's faster.
__________________
My reaction to 599

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kuromaki is offline  
Old 03-24-2010, 02:44 PM   #3
Nyruss
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 8,045
Rep Power: 0
Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Nyruss is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Kimimaaru vs. itachi

Since AMATARAS,SASUNO and STUKUMOI are banned, Itachi uses Amaterasu, Susanoo and Tsukuyomi.
Nyruss is offline  
Old 03-24-2010, 03:02 PM   #4
Daybreak
Genin
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Why do you ask....STALKER!!!!
Posts: 241
Rep Power: 0
Daybreak is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Kimimaaru vs. itachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudemeister View Post
Since AMATARAS,SASUNO and STUKUMOI are banned, Itachi uses Amaterasu, Susanoo and Tsukuyomi.
Epic post is epic.

But yes, itachi still has his standard genjutsus that would defeat kimi. Plus itachi could just spam fire jutsu.
__________________
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
Daybreak is offline  
Old 03-24-2010, 09:41 PM   #5
J-Sun Tasogare
is secretly a carebear
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 21,266
Rep Power: 17
J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.J-Sun Tasogare is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.
Default Re: Kimimaaru vs. itachi

Itachi rofl kicks Sasuke to death. Oh, wait we talking about Kimmimaru okay. Kimmimaru rofl kicks Sasuke to death. Itachi wins he has Genjutsu so he beats TOAA.
J-Sun Tasogare is offline  
Old 03-24-2010, 09:43 PM   #6
Onyx_Skies
Genin
 
Onyx_Skies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: In my den
Posts: 313
Rep Power: 0
Onyx_Skies is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Kimimaaru vs. itachi

Kimimaro has no way of getitng out of Itachi's other genjutsu. Amaterasu, Susanoo and Tsukuyomi aren't his only attacks, so he uses the other jutsu he has (He's a ninja, he will have others), and BAM, we have a dead Kimi.
__________________
\(x.x)/
|
See him? Yeah, we played a game of hangman once...



Onyx_Skies is offline  
Old 03-24-2010, 10:23 PM   #7
UGK
Veteran Chunin
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,291
Rep Power: 9
UGK is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Kimimaaru vs. itachi

You guys have to use feats we've seen in this section, at least I'm pretty sure we do. Nontheless, Itachi will take this with his genjutsu unless the curse mark is able to disturb his chakra so that Itachi can't manipulate its flow in order to cast the genjutsu. If you recall, when Shikamaru fought Tayuya and was using Shadow Stranglehold on her, she was able to break free by using the Curse Mark Level 2. He stated that she had a great surge in chakra, so maybe it can be used to break out of genjutsus too.
UGK is offline  
Old 03-24-2010, 10:29 PM   #8
darkjam
Special Jonin Candidate
 
darkjam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,327
Rep Power: 9
darkjam is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Kimimaaru vs. itachi

Itachi has genjutsu and even without it im sure he has plenty of other jutsu...
darkjam is offline  
Old 03-25-2010, 01:12 PM   #9
Daybreak
Genin
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Why do you ask....STALKER!!!!
Posts: 241
Rep Power: 0
Daybreak is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Kimimaaru vs. itachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGK View Post
You guys have to use feats we've seen in this section, at least I'm pretty sure we do. Nontheless, Itachi will take this with his genjutsu unless the curse mark is able to disturb his chakra so that Itachi can't manipulate its flow in order to cast the genjutsu. If you recall, when Shikamaru fought Tayuya and was using Shadow Stranglehold on her, she was able to break free by using the Curse Mark Level 2. He stated that she had a great surge in chakra, so maybe it can be used to break out of genjutsus too.
You are correct, but even if Kimi can break out of the genjutsu using curse mark there is nothing stopping itachi from using another one right away.

Plus the second of hesitation that it would take for Kimi to activate his CM and have it break him out of genjutsu would be enough for itachi to hit him hard with something.

There is no way that kimi can beat itachi even with the restrictions IMO
__________________
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
Daybreak is offline  
Old 03-25-2010, 01:25 PM   #10
Jinchiruuki
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Kimimaaru vs. itachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourune View Post
NO AMATARAS,SASUNO,OR STUKUMOI



i say kimimaru
I don't know what abilities you are referring to but i'll take the guess that you mean these three:

Amaterasu, Susanoo, Tsukinomai.

Anyways,

This is sort of a hard one to decide.

Kimimaro is a taijutsu fighter for the most part...sharingan > taijutsu with the exception of Rock Lee and Guy's Pre Shippuden..don't know how they fair now since there are no feats to debate.

Even without MS techniques genjutsu = pwned.

There are no actual feats to prove that CS could break a genjutsu with the exception of maybe one and that could be wrong. It's not it's own entity such as Samehada or a Bijuu...it activates at the users will and depends on their control. If you put the user under genjutsu it won't matter if they activate it or not seeing as they could be tricked into thinking they activated it when they really didn't. However, this can be debated as seen in Sasuke vs Itachi..Sasuke went to CS2 and shattered Itachi's Tsukinomai, so for all we know that could be part of the reason he was able to break the genjutsu but that is sort of vague.

With that aside, even if genjutsu was broken by Kimimaro we have to remember that Itachi still has quite a few tricks like his quick hand sealing, shadow clones, fire release and superb speed...he was able to move at such a speed that not even Sasuke could react sometimes during their fight.

We also have to remember that Itachi's genjutsu was so well mastered..that the victim would not even realize they were in a genjutsu until something very unrealistic (Narutoverse wise) occured, with the exception of Tsukinomai. As seen when he puts Naruto under a genjutsu...everything looks and feels the same until Naruto sees Itachi floating over the ground and crows turn into shuriken.

I would say Itachi, but I may be wrong.
  Add Dice Roll To Message
Old 03-25-2010, 03:29 PM   #11
Kuromaki
Sage of Starbucks Coffee
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: holla holla get $
Posts: 18,136
Rep Power: 16
Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Kuromaki finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Default Re: Kimimaaru vs. itachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinchiruuki View Post
I don't know what abilities you are referring to but i'll take the guess that you mean these three:

Amaterasu, Susanoo, Tsukinomai.

Anyways,

This is sort of a hard one to decide.

Kimimaro is a taijutsu fighter for the most part...sharingan > taijutsu with the exception of Rock Lee and Guy's Pre Shippuden..don't know how they fair now since there are no feats to debate.

Even without MS techniques genjutsu = pwned.

There are no actual feats to prove that CS could break a genjutsu with the exception of maybe one and that could be wrong. It's not it's own entity such as Samehada or a Bijuu...it activates at the users will and depends on their control. If you put the user under genjutsu it won't matter if they activate it or not seeing as they could be tricked into thinking they activated it when they really didn't. However, this can be debated as seen in Sasuke vs Itachi..Sasuke went to CS2 and shattered Itachi's Tsukinomai, so for all we know that could be part of the reason he was able to break the genjutsu but that is sort of vague.

With that aside, even if genjutsu was broken by Kimimaro we have to remember that Itachi still has quite a few tricks like his quick hand sealing, shadow clones, fire release and superb speed...he was able to move at such a speed that not even Sasuke could react sometimes during their fight.

We also have to remember that Itachi's genjutsu was so well mastered..that the victim would not even realize they were in a genjutsu until something very unrealistic (Narutoverse wise) occured, with the exception of Tsukinomai. As seen when he puts Naruto under a genjutsu...everything looks and feels the same until Naruto sees Itachi floating over the ground and crows turn into shuriken.

I would say Itachi, but I may be wrong.
It's Tsukuyomi bro.

Kimimaro himself has shown no genjutsu defense. Sasuke broke Itachi's genjutsu with what I presume to be willpower & skill with the sharingan.
__________________
My reaction to 599

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kuromaki is offline  
Old 03-25-2010, 04:59 PM   #12
Jinchiruuki
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Kimimaaru vs. itachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuromaki View Post
It's Tsukuyomi bro.

Kimimaro himself has shown no genjutsu defense. Sasuke broke Itachi's genjutsu with what I presume to be willpower & skill with the sharingan.
Whateva! I do what I want!

And that's what I figured but like I said that could be debated...because right when he activated his CS2 the Tsuky started to break.
  Add Dice Roll To Message
Old 03-25-2010, 05:56 PM   #13
Kazumi Saitama
Lady Debater
 
Kazumi Saitama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Oh, if you only knew, ma cherie. ♥
Posts: 8,787
Rep Power: 11
Kazumi Saitama has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Kazumi Saitama has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Kazumi Saitama has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Kazumi Saitama has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Kazumi Saitama has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Kazumi Saitama has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Send a message via MSN to Kazumi Saitama
Default Re: Kimimaaru vs. itachi

I love Kimimaro, but I think Itachi would win that battle. As another person stated above me, Kimimaro is mostly a Taijutsu user, while Itachi is mostly a Genjutsu user. Genjutsu definitely outweighs Taijutsu.
__________________
Husband Lover Men: J-Sun Tasogare
Wife Lover Women: Muffintop and Vivi
Owns: TomaRNK

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kazumi Saitama is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.