Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Leaf Village Council > Forum Feedback & Issues

Forum Feedback & Issues Having problems using the forums or site? Maybe you have some feedback about the site you'd like to share? Post it here.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:59 PM   #1
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Toma RNK completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Default The Reputation system.

NOTE: this post is outdated and will be updated in the near future when the numbers have settled.

What is reputation?

Reputation is a way of rating users depending on the quality of their posts.

Reputation may be positive, or negative.
Neutral reputation is only given when the person giving reputation can not affect a persons reputation.

How do I give reputation?

To give reputation, click on the reputation icon in the relevant post.

This will reveal a form to complete with the reputation type and the reason for giving the reputation.

You may not give reputation for the same post twice.

How do I know what reputation I have received?

You can view the reputation that you have received in your User CP (User Control Panel) where it is displayed at the bottom of the User CP page.
Here you will see the latest reputation that you have received and whether this is positive, negative or neutral.

Your total reputation will be shown as series of reputation indicators in your posts and profile. The more positive your reputation, the more positive icons will be shown.
The more negative your reputation the more negative icons will be shown.

How much reputation is given? What is reputation power?

You give to a users reputation a number of points equal to your reputation power.

You subtract from a users reputation equal to half of your rep power

YOUR REP POWER/AMOUNT DOCKED
1/1
2/1
3/1
4/2
5/2
6/3
7/3
8/4
9/4
10/5
and so on.

There is a forum-wide cap on rep of 5, but some forums (unproductive ones such as offtopic and clubs) have a lower cap. This is to encourage people to post quality posts in relevant areas (bookstore, battlegrounds, Battle-Narrative system etc) instead of chatting randomly in offtopic.

Reputation power is calculated like so:

Numbers are currently being tweaked so this will not be accurate.
For every 365 number of days since you signed up, you gain 1 point of reputation power.
For every 5000 posts, you gain 1 point of reputation power.
For every ~120(ish) points of reputation, users gain 1 point of reputation power.

Pre-requisites
You must have 50 posts before you can affect any ones reputation.
You must have 3 reputation before you can affect any ones reputation.

Also, you may only alter reputation (up or down) 20 times a day.
In addition, you must Alter 20 peoples reputation before you can alter that persons rep again.

The rep titles currently known are:

0- User is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point.
10- User saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
30- User has completed a tough C-rank mission!
75- User is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
150- User has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
250- User just finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
350- User has a pricey dish named after them at Ichiraku Ramen.
450- User completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.
550- User strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.
650- User is one of the most respected ninja in the in the tri-village area.
750- User completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.
900- User just might be Kage someday.
1250- User is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
2000- User is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

If you need help knowing when to use reputation. Go here:
http://naruto.viz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8900

I hope this post helps explain the new system. If you liked it, give me some reputation or, even better, find a post of someone who has helped you out, and give them some rep! You can use the pics as a guide.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

May 18th 2009: PM Hell... never forget.
Best post ever!

Always remember

Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from evil.

Last edited by <Aurega?>; 07-12-2011 at 08:52 PM. Reason: edited slightly
Toma RNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:08 AM   #2
Agent Spectre
Chunin Exam Participant

Agent Spectre is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via AIM to Agent Spectre Send a message via Yahoo to Agent Spectre
Default Re: The Reputation system.

Thanks for the Explanation. I may not like this feature, but it is intriguing. Can others see the comments you've received or only you? i find this forum to be much too ...public, and revealing.

Oh.. and I would have given you good rep for such an informative post... but your obnoxiously large photos stretching the forum got in the way of my decision. :P
"I don't define reality as only that which I am able to see, hear and touch..." ~Shizuka Domeki
Agent Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:15 AM   #3
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Awards Showcase

You can see the comment, but not who sent the comment. The pics are from the test forum. I a reworking them now.

Edit: Much better now.

Best post ever!

Always remember

Last edited by Toma RNK; 06-04-2009 at 11:37 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:38 AM   #4
Ashen
The Reaper
Quasi-Admin

Ashen completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.
Ashen completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Thanks Toma, I was wondering, what the reputation thing was for.

Ashen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:41 AM   #5
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Awards Showcase

Basically you can down the reputation of one line posters just posting to get their post count up, and up the reputation of people who post useful stuff.

Mods can unlock features based on post count or reputation and all sorts of stuff.

IT's a fun system.

Best post ever!

Always remember

Old 06-04-2009, 12:48 AM   #6
Anbu-Phoenix
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: Why do you wanna know i think its kinda private, Pervert!
Anbu-Phoenix is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Anbu-Phoenix

have 2 i feel so special

Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

I would never want to be a member of a group whose symbol was a guy nailed to two pieces of wood.
---
George Carlin
Blood Village For Life!!!
Love Hurts But Being Unloved Hurts Worse ~ Me
Anbu-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:06 AM   #7
TucanaTheToucan
Special Jonin Candidate

TucanaTheToucan saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

A person's reputation can go either way; good or bad.
Whatever if it's in a forum or in real life.

I love Kakashi Hatake!
TucanaTheToucan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:12 AM   #8
age54321
Apprentice Genin

age54321 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Thanks! I hope my rep will go up eventually!
age54321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:24 AM   #9
seannfma1
Freshmen Academy Student

seannfma1 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via AIM to seannfma1

i love the new system but i dont like the forums to much.
seannfma1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:27 AM   #10
Nick Tasogare
Special Jonin Candidate

Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nick Tasogare

im just curious, on your rep, toma, it says you are on a distinguished road, and it shows green, somepeoples are grey, and some peoples are also green, but it says that they have an unknown quantity. what does this man? thanks for the help

Can Herr SRhyse and Frau Muffintop please remove my staff "powers"? The Mod Rules are a joke and everybody knows it lol I don't follow that last rule well enough, and I don't want to endanger the Communist Rule of the People's Republic of NDF. Thanks.

/Heil

Oh wait, now there's drama so I just have to watch this all blow up.
Nick Tasogare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:30 AM   #11
Konoha'sGreenThunder
Wallflower

Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Send a message via Skype™ to Konoha'sGreenThunder

The unknown quantity, I assume, means that they're neutral; neither good nor bad (even though the quantity part would make you think that the number is unknown). I've not quite figured it all out yet, though. It seems I had one reputation point, but it wasn't green. Then I gained another just a minute ago (I assume that was you?) and it still says one but is green now. -shrugs-
Konoha'sGreenThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:34 AM   #12
Nick Tasogare
Special Jonin Candidate

Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konoha'sGreenThunder View Post
The unknown quantity, I assume, means that they're neutral; neither good nor bad (even though the quantity part would make you think that the number is unknown). I've not quite figured it all out yet, though. It seems I had one reputation point, but it wasn't green. Then I gained another just a minute ago (I assume that was you?) and it still says one but is green now. -shrugs-

yes exactly, (and it wasme you helped a lot on the control panel thread) and mine says four, but is gray, so i assume its negative or probably neutral, but im really not sure, kinda confused. If someone could explain the colors and things of that nature that would be great

Can Herr SRhyse and Frau Muffintop please remove my staff "powers"? The Mod Rules are a joke and everybody knows it lol I don't follow that last rule well enough, and I don't want to endanger the Communist Rule of the People's Republic of NDF. Thanks.

/Heil

Old 06-04-2009, 11:58 AM   #13
seannfma
Special Jonin Candidate

seannfma is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via AIM to seannfma

My rep is gonna be the best

Close Friends: animelover, shinobi665, 2hyper4u, mangagirl, SakuraGirl

"The ones who didnt do anything are to blame the most"-me

"I made a promise to her, thats the most precious memory I have left!"-Sora-Kingdom hearts
seannfma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:54 PM   #14
KrInArD
Genin

KrInArD is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

how do i get back to my posts?
KrInArD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:57 PM   #15
Konoha'sGreenThunder
Wallflower

Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Send a message via Skype™ to Konoha'sGreenThunder

Click your name and go to statistics.

They're working on a button like the old one that lets you view recent posts and see if there's been new posts in the threads, etc.
Konoha'sGreenThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:26 PM   #16
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Awards Showcase

To all those curious about the display.

Basically your exact reputation is not displayed for everyone to see but instead is represented by the little green boxes. As you get more, you get more green boxes. There is a place for the mods to change how many points you need for each title.

By default the settings look like this:

User is infamous around these parts -9999999
User can only hope to improve -50
User has a little shameless behaviour -10
User is an unknown quantity at this point 0
User is on a distinguished road 10
User will become famous soon enough 50
User has a spectacular aura about 150
User is a jewel in the rough 250
User is just really nice 350
User is a glorious beacon of light 450
User is a name known to all 550
User is a splendid one to behold 650
User has much to be proud of 1000
User has a brilliant future 1500
User has a reputation beyond repute 2000

Though I am hoping once things calm down the mods can make this more "naruto styled" like the ranks.

Best post ever!

Always remember

Old 06-04-2009, 02:31 PM   #17
seannfma
Special Jonin Candidate

seannfma is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via AIM to seannfma

Thank you for clearing that up Toma

Close Friends: animelover, shinobi665, 2hyper4u, mangagirl, SakuraGirl

"The ones who didnt do anything are to blame the most"-me

"I made a promise to her, thats the most precious memory I have left!"-Sora-Kingdom hearts
seannfma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:32 PM   #18
jounin
Special Jonin Candidate

jounin has a dark heart coursing with Dark Chakra
Send a message via MSN to jounin

thanks for the info
Old 06-04-2009, 02:35 PM   #19
Nick Tasogare
Special Jonin Candidate

ok, so does that mean that if you have a grayish box, and 4 rep power, (like me) that you are negative 4, or is it something different?

/Heil

Old 06-04-2009, 02:38 PM   #20
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Awards Showcase

Remember rep points and rep power are different.

Rep power = how much you add or subtract when you click the reputation icon in a post. Your 3k posts are what gives you the extra three rep power bringong your default 1 up to 4.

Your rep points are calculated based on the reputation your posts receive.

You have 4 power but now many people have given you rep based on your posts.

Hope this is clear.

Best post ever!

Always remember