Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Old 07-20-2010, 10:25 AM   #961
Amani
Chunin Exam Participant

Amani is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: God doesn't exists...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItachiAnbu View Post

And no, you don't know jack about Muslims. Yes, it is stated in the Quran that an activity commonly known as "holy war" should take place, where Muslims convert non-Muslims, generally through violent acts.
I just wanted to point out that this is a common misconception. All of this "jihad" and "holy war" talk is nonsense. Jihad is NOT converting others through violent means. Jihad is actually an inner struggle. It has nothing to do with hurting others in the attempt to get them to convert to Islam.
/_!_\ Put this on your siggy if you love Deidara.
Amani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:32 AM   #962
Amani
Chunin Exam Participant

Amani is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Err View Post
Amani, I wouldn't worry about it unless a lot of people are saying the same thing. I know you're angry but this doesn't mean you are free to use insulting language against another member. Please keep direct insults out of the debate, it has no place here or anywhere in these forums for that matter.

No worries, I was going to edit it out anyway. xD I think I made myself be a little bit nicer now.
/_!_\ Put this on your siggy if you love Deidara.
Amani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:37 AM   #963
OminoUzumaki
Genin

OminoUzumaki is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

hey guys, read a christian bible,cover to cover. Its all it takes to change your mind to believing there is THE God. I mean our universe couldnt have just by chance created this planet that is perfectly positioned to sustain life.
If you take watch parts, and throw them up, do they fall as a watch? no they fall as an unorganized jumble.Even scientists are now saying that order does not come out of chaos and that something can not come out of nothing, which is what allegedly happened to our universe.
God is real, the only way to believe is through His son Jesus who came and gave his life for us that we may go to Heaven.Case closed.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:54 AM   #964
Err
Special Jonin Candidate

Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by OminoUzumaki View Post
hey guys, read a christian bible,cover to cover. Its all it takes to change your mind to believing there is THE God. I mean our universe couldnt have just by chance created this planet that is perfectly positioned to sustain life.
If you take watch parts, and throw them up, do they fall as a watch? no they fall as an unorganized jumble.Even scientists are now saying that order does not come out of chaos and that something can not come out of nothing, which is what allegedly happened to our universe.
God is real, the only way to believe is through His son Jesus who came and gave his life for us that we may go to Heaven.Case closed.
Read the bible, you have to use your imagination. The bible first assumes God is real with no proof.

Your watch argument is nothing like how the universe works. The universe creates and destroys things. It moves through billions of years and is constantly changing into whatever it forms. Be that planets, stars or black holes.
To further the point, we are a social species because we are interdependent. You could count on your hand how many people in a millennium can get by with absolutely no help from anyone else ever. Yet we never work together. That's why ants will eventually bring us down.
Err is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 11:11 AM   #965
OminoUzumaki
Genin

Quote:
Read the bible, you have to use your imagination. The bible first assumes God is real with no proof.

Your watch argument is nothing like how the universe works. The universe creates and destroys things. It moves through billions of years and is constantly changing into whatever it forms. Be that planets, stars or black holes.
dont back-sass me boy!!and btw the earth has not been around billions,millions,hundred thousands or tens of thousands of years.researchers of the bible say the earth has existed for 4000 to 5000 years.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:34 AM   #966
Err
Special Jonin Candidate

Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
dont back-sass me boy!!and btw the earth has not been around billions,millions,hundred thousands or tens of thousands of years.researchers of the bible say the earth has existed for 4000 to 5000 years.
lol. How do you explain dinosaur fossils?
To further the point, we are a social species because we are interdependent. You could count on your hand how many people in a millennium can get by with absolutely no help from anyone else ever. Yet we never work together. That's why ants will eventually bring us down.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:04 PM   #967
Fasa
Freshmen Academy Student

Fasa is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via MSN to Fasa

I don't think such thing as a god exists. Why would there be? .. Oh, just cause I haven't seen him doesn't it mean that he doesn't exist? .. I'll go to Narnia then.

No, but really. You may have your religion and that's fine by me, but don't expect me to join you. It's a right to believe in whatever you want to.
Fasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 02:07 PM   #968
ItachiAnbu
Special Jonin Candidate

ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amani View Post
I just wanted to point out that this is a common misconception. All of this "jihad" and "holy war" talk is nonsense. Jihad is NOT converting others through violent means. Jihad is actually an inner struggle. It has nothing to do with hurting others in the attempt to get them to convert to Islam.
Thanks for pointing that out. My description was more than a little off.

Quote:
I talked to Harper Lee, she says Lidner wants his line back.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ItachiAnbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 02:45 PM   #969
OminoUzumaki
Genin

Quote:
lol. How do you explain dinosaur fossils?
if you were stuck underground a few thousand years i bet u would be fossilized to
Old 07-20-2010, 03:53 PM   #970
Err
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
if you were stuck underground a few thousand years i bet u would be fossilized to
You are saying they lived, died and became fossilized in 4000-5000 years and humans didn't notice the first two parts? Why doesn't your bible mention any of this?

Protip: Not everything is fossilized. I certainly wouldn't become fossilized. I'll turn back into earth.

Last edited by Err; 07-20-2010 at 09:51 PM.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:11 PM   #971
OminoUzumaki
Genin

Quote:
You are saying they lived, died and became fossilized in 4000-5000 years and humans didn't the first two parts? Why doesn't your bible mention any of this?

Protip: Not everything is fossilized. I certainly wouldn't become fossilized. I'll turn back into earth.
God sent a flood to the earth when it was still young and destroyed most the people because they had become wicked. But he saw purity in one man and his family and decided to spare them by instructing them to build a huge boat. two of every animal was put on this boat. when the flood receded they got off the boat and repopulated the earth. this was when God allowed inter-family mating. When there where enough people on the earth God told them they could not mate with their families.This is why children of siblings are mentally retarded or physically messed up. Then God sent the rainbow as a promise that He would never flood the whole Earth again. The change in climate probably had an impact on the dinosaurs, killing them out. It also shortened mans lifespan. The first man ,Adam, lived over 900 years. Scientists also think that the flood, where water came from the ground and the earth broke apart the land, giving us our continents.There is much more to this, hundreds of pages, but it would be exhausting to write. if you want to read more about this, search "The book of Genesis" on Google.

Last edited by OminoUzumaki; 07-20-2010 at 06:19 PM.
OminoUzumaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:35 PM   #972
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevmaster135 View Post
to answer to all of that one yeah i agree with you about the christmas two disregard that one and gays and muslims and third it is based of and i won't even try to respond to that it just means there will be no getting through to you on that subject (i am not calling you stupid just that you probably won't believe any word i have on that subject
Why don't you try me? I don't put my faith in science or religion since I have to put a shred of faith that everything in it is correct.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 09:08 PM   #973
Monster Addict92
Banned

Monster Addict92 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to Monster Addict92

i like my response
Monster Addict92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 09:36 PM   #974
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Addict92 View Post
there's no proof he DOESN'T exist, yeah, ponder that buddy

I BELIEVE he exists, that is what everything is based on, scientists believe he doesn't exist, because there is no proof he does, those who believe in God, believe because there is no proof he DOESN'T exist, no one knows which religion is right, or wrong, a flying ninja turtle with space monkeys as side kicks could have created the universe, no one KNOWS, it's all based on beliefs, and just cause i said that all that, does not mean i don't believe in him btw, cause i do, i'm just stating that it's based on belief and i know i said that like two times already xD

and yeah, you scientists just wanna show you're right, and everyone else is wrong, well i believe that's a bit greedy, and plus, you say the Big Bang created the universe, well, where do you think that gas and dust came from?

i do wonder how God came to be though, where he came from, and if another being created him, who created that being, and if the same for that, then who? it's just complicated, some things aren't just meant to be known to man, and i think it should stay that way, or a lot of people might not be able to handle the truth
Everything has an answer becuase everything has occured for one reason or another. By giving up, you defeated the purpose of responding.
Quote:
Your point of view is absurdly closed minded. Where did god come from so that it can create the earth and settle it in our little solar system?

By the way, the odds of being the ideal distance from the sun,an atmosphere taking formation, and life rising from inanimate material is nearly impossible. However, nothing is impossible and even if there is 1 in 1 trillion of a chance that life rose without divine intervention; well then you have no arguement because we are here debating it.
Quote:
God sent a flood to the earth when it was still young and destroyed most the people because they had become wicked. But he saw purity in one man and his family and decided to spare them by instructing them to build a huge boat. two of every animal was put on this boat. when the flood receded they got off the boat and repopulated the earth. this was when God allowed inter-family mating. When there where enough people on the earth God told them they could not mate with their families.This is why children of siblings are mentally retarded or physically messed up. Then God sent the rainbow as a promise that He would never flood the whole Earth again. The change in climate probably had an impact on the dinosaurs, killing them out. It also shortened mans lifespan. The first man ,Adam, lived over 900 years. Scientists also think that the flood, where water came from the ground and the earth broke apart the land, giving us our continents.There is much more to this, hundreds of pages, but it would be exhausting to write. if you want to read more about this, search "The book of Genesis" on Google.
This statement is assuming that the events that the bible describes actually happened. Oh, and this really contradicts the notion of a loving god. How can a loving being smite the whole world indiscrimanently?

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Old 07-20-2010, 10:32 PM   #975
Monster Addict92
Banned

Monster Addict92 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to Monster Addict92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
Everything has an answer becuase everything has occured for one reason or another. By giving up, you defeated the purpose of responding.

Your point of view is absurdly closed minded. Where did god come from so that it can create the earth and settle it in our little solar system?
i never said i gave up, i'm just stating the truth should not always be known to man

then where did the solar system come from?

this whole thing is like the chicken and the egg thing, you'll never find an answer
Monster Addict92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:36 PM   #976
OminoUzumaki
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon View Post

By the way, the odds of being the ideal distance from the sun,an atmosphere taking formation, and life rising from inanimate material is nearly impossible. However, nothing is impossible and even if there is 1 in 1 trillion of a chance that life rose without divine intervention; well then you have no arguement because we are here debating it.

This statement is assuming that the events that the bible describes actually happened. Oh, and this really contradicts the notion of a loving god. How can a loving being smite the whole world indiscrimanently?
He loved His people, but seeing that they had become so wicked, he took out most of the world. He spared the few good people though. And he gave us a fresh start. But look at our world now. It is not possible to be without sin. We are born sinners. And the only way to redeem ourselves is through the blood of Jesus Christ, God's one and only son.I will pray for you, seeing as you dont have the joy that being saved brings.You couldnt even imagine the eternity you will spend if you dont have Jesus in your life. Think of the worst torture you can imagine, then times infinity. Satan is the deceiver, and you will spend eternity with him if you dont open your heart to Jesus Christ.

oh,and by the way Im not assuming, I know. Im absolutely positive, and nothing you say can change my mind

Last edited by OminoUzumaki; 07-20-2010 at 10:44 PM.
OminoUzumaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:49 PM   #977
Bacon

Awards Showcase

Response to Monsteraddict:
The concept of the atom is over 2000 years old. It was a concept that was based off no scientific evidence,but it serves to prove the point that nothing is impossible.

The existence of god can be proven or disproven by using science,but it doesn't mean we will get a chance to. Honestly, you saying that there are something that man is not meant to know, regristers in my mind as give up.

Quote:

Last edited by Bacon; 07-20-2010 at 10:55 PM.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:53 PM   #978
Bacon

Awards Showcase

Quote:
He loved His people, but seeing that they had become so wicked, he took out most of the world. He spared the few good people though. And he gave us a fresh start. But look at our world now. It is not possible to be without sin. We are born sinners. And the only way to redeem ourselves is through the blood of Jesus Christ, God's one and only son.I will pray for you, seeing as you dont have the joy that being saved brings.You couldnt even imagine the eternity you will spend if you dont have Jesus in your life. Think of the worst torture you can imagine, then times infinity. Satan is the deceiver, and you will spend eternity with him if you dont open your heart to Jesus Christ.

oh,and by the way Im not assuming, I know. Im absolutely positive, and nothing you say can change my mind
Don't worry, I am not trying to change anyone's mind,but you won't persuade me with your reiteration of a story in the bible. Hell as a firey pit of eternal suffering is a medeval concept, for all you know we can be living in hell right now.
on top of this, he killed indiscrimantely when he could have just killed the wicked people in the world. If god could accomplish a feat such as creating our complicated bodies in an instant. Surely he could pick and choose his targets by smiting each evil person individually.

Quote:

Last edited by Bacon; 07-20-2010 at 10:56 PM.
Old 07-21-2010, 05:54 AM   #979
Kiseki
Release the Kraken!

Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kiseki is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

If he is real, then where is he?
I would only believe in something/somebody if it can be touched or seen.

I've been to a christian school and never heard that much nonsense in my life.
This is all just a story to keep people busy and make them forget about the real world.
Now you're probably thinking.. the real world? What do you mean?
I mean the people of wallstreet stealing your money, stealing our power.
We didn't vote at all, did we? Both candidates were controlled by wallstreet anyway.
If we continue to follow believe, celeb gossip etc etc. It just makes us less aware or reality.

Kiseki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 01:34 PM   #980
PlatonicZombie
Chunin Exam Participant

PlatonicZombie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.PlatonicZombie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.PlatonicZombie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.PlatonicZombie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.PlatonicZombie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.PlatonicZombie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasu_girl View Post
i'm sorry but that statement just really got to me. human bodies specifically are not the most complex thing. all living bodies are very complex. do not simply say human because it is ignorant and stupid and i hate it.

Honestly, I instantley fell in love with Sasu when I read this post, haha! You should not have apologized, because you did not read it wrong. The man claimed that it's FACT proven by SCIENCE that HUMANS are the most complex begins overall. WOW!! You don't say. Of course science proves humanity is more complex, science is the most biased practice of humanity next to religion.

Does God exist or doesn't it? Such things will never be known. And if it is, it'd defeat the purpose of faith. Faith is not a ridiculous archaic practice, we practice it everytime we leave our homes. We have faith in others not to attack us. So why can others not have faith in a maker, a god? One of many problems is that many religions (not all) but many kill God. Hegel, and Nietzsche we correct when they claimed that God is dead. God is dead, and see that there's still more problems, because faith is being replaced by science and no one cares much. Mysticism has gone the way of emotions; they're being found unreasonable, thus, useless. And if that's how people are beginning to see things then you can keep your boring world, because I want nothing to do with it.

Note: I am not a person of Faith. I'm a person of imagination; that's all I have left. I envy those who do have faith, and I marvel at them because so much in the world is trying to condition that out of them. Everyone deserves to have their beliefs and not have them get attacked for not being logical or reasonable. As soon as you do, you will miss the beauty of connecting with another even though you do have different beliefs.