Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Leaf Village Council > Forum Feedback & Issues

Forum Feedback & Issues Having problems using the forums or site? Maybe you have some feedback about the site you'd like to share? Post it here.

Old 06-01-2009, 08:07 PM   #1
SpamBotKillerTrollFlonne
Freshmen Academy Student

SpamBotKillerTrollFlonne is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Latest version of Google Chrome

Hmmm... I know I've heard my friend say this elsewhere, but it appears that with the latest version of Google Chrome there are once again login issues. Such as this forum logging you out unexpectedly.

That being said it's probably best to not update your current version of Google Chrome if you browse this site often. I was wondering however, if anyone else has noticed this?

The latest version of Google Chrome is Version 2.0.172.28
SpamBotKillerTrollFlonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:19 PM   #2
Ashen
The Reaper
Quasi-Admin

Ashen completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Latest version of Google Chrome

So you noticed it too Hojo? Google Chrome isn't the best browser for this site anymore, at least not the updated version we both got. No one would happen to have any other suggestions would they?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ashen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:37 PM   #3
Vidda Hatake
Kakashi's Wife/ANBU leader
We wish you the best of luck!

Vidda Hatake has completed a tough C-rank mission!Vidda Hatake has completed a tough C-rank mission!Vidda Hatake has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Awards Showcase

Not sure if it's possible to 'downgrade'... But thank you for the warning on the latest version. I'll just keep the 'older' version! Thanks!!

My Family: Attack Wolf: garraswerewolf / Nephew:Toma RNK / Nephew: SRhyse

My Warrior/Son: TheBlackChidori - ANBU Enigma

ANBU Black Ops Leader
If you need help pm us or post at

If you're upset or sad, I'm just a
away!

I'm a temp. Mod...
Vidda Hatake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:09 PM   #4
Konoha'sGreenThunder
Wallflower

Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Send a message via Skype™ to Konoha'sGreenThunder

Does anyone have these problems on IE8? I haven't had them since I switched from IE7.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:11 PM   #5
Ashen
The Reaper
Quasi-Admin

Awards Showcase

IE 8 Wasn't any better. At least for me it wasn't.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:15 PM   #6
Konoha'sGreenThunder
Wallflower

Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Is it possible that there's some sort of conflict between the site's cookies being stored and these browsers?

I am running my IE8 in compatibility mode, by the way.

I took it out of compatibility mode and it still doesn't do that to me. What OS are you all running?
Old 06-01-2009, 09:18 PM   #7
Vidda Hatake

Vidda Hatake has completed a tough C-rank mission!Vidda Hatake has completed a tough C-rank mission!Vidda Hatake has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konoha'sGreenThunder
Is it possible that there's some sort of conflict between the site's cookies being stored and these browsers?

I had a guy help me with my laptop and he said he set my Firefox browser in compatibility mode... It helped, but I still got logged off more than with Chrome...

ANBU Black Ops Leader

away!

I'm a temp. Mod...
Old 06-01-2009, 09:20 PM   #8
Konoha'sGreenThunder
Wallflower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidda Hatake
Quote:

I had a guy help me with my laptop and he said he set my Firefox browser in compatibility mode... It helped, but I still got logged off more than with Chrome...
What operating system do you use?

Last edited by Vidda Hatake; 06-07-2009 at 10:40 PM. Reason: fix quote
Konoha'sGreenThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:21 PM   #9
Ashen
The Reaper
Quasi-Admin

Awards Showcase

Quote:

I took it out of compatibility mode and it still doesn't do that to me. What OS are you all running?
I guess we can try to figure it out if we set our browsers to not accept cookies, and deleting our current cookies. My gut's tellin' me it's not a cookie problem though...

Old 06-01-2009, 09:25 PM   #10
Konoha'sGreenThunder
Wallflower

I've deleted all board cookies and taken my browser out of compatibility mode and logged back in, did some test posts, etc. It doesn't do it to me, so it seems cookies may be ruled out. It's possible that it's the way certain users' computers accept cookies and/or what operating system is being used.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:27 PM   #11
Vidda Hatake

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Windows xp

ANBU Black Ops Leader

away!

I'm a temp. Mod...

Last edited by Vidda Hatake; 06-07-2009 at 10:41 PM. Reason: fix quotes
Old 06-01-2009, 09:27 PM   #12
Ashen
The Reaper
Quasi-Admin

Awards Showcase

I agree not a cookie problem. I set the latest version of Chrome to not accept cookies as well as deleted my old cookies and I still get logged off just by browsing around. X_X

Old 06-01-2009, 09:28 PM   #13
Konoha'sGreenThunder
Wallflower

Quote:
Quote:
Windows xp
Ah, then it's possible that's what's wrong. I'm using Vista Basic. (I very well may be wrong, of course.)

Last edited by Konoha'sGreenThunder; 07-01-2009 at 09:29 AM.
Konoha'sGreenThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:30 PM   #14
Vidda Hatake

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Windows xp
Ah, then it's possible that's what's wrong. I'm using Vista Basic. (I very well may be wrong, of course.)
I'll keep that in mind! Thanks. It's worth a try...

ANBU Black Ops Leader

away!

I'm a temp. Mod...

Last edited by Konoha'sGreenThunder; 07-01-2009 at 09:29 AM.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:43 PM   #15
Konoha'sGreenThunder
Wallflower

I did find a thread on the phpBB site about incorrect cookie settings. It may not have anything to do with this problem, but it's a possibility. Only the mods can change the cookie settings of this forum, though.

http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article/fixing- ... -settings/

If anyone wishes to view it and see if it's possibly a solution to this problem.