Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Games

Naruto Games We're all about games in this section -- all Naruto games, that is.

Old 12-02-2013, 06:21 AM   #1
Rage [VG]
Chunin

Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.
Default "Fairplay/No Defense" - Stop it.

There is a terrible affliction going around the community right now, and that is the dreaded curse of Fairplay No Defense.

This disease infects your typical player, and causes them to become something akin to a "Tryhard". Symptoms include:
- Involuntary loss of temper over a video game
- Illogical need to complain about everything
- A strong disliking to defense supports or more than 1 support
- Horrendous grammar
- Poor gameplay skills.

Upon infection, the player will begin to avoid staple characters in favor of underused, underpowered characters and adopt a highly aggressive playstyle. It is not uncommon for one to select a ranger such as Shino and play him in this fashion despite clearly not being designed for such.

Through my studies of the "Fairplay No Defense" infection, I have learned that it is in fact more of a hive mentality; the infection preys on players who are new to the game or otherwise unskilled, and forces them to adopt the playstyle considered "Fairplay". These infected individuals will then attempt to infect other non-infected individuals through a series of attacks known as "Ragemail". However, should the infected attempt to infect a player with some degree of skill or experience in the game, it typically backfires due to the target knowing how stupid it is to consider Defense support cheap.

In conclusion, if you or someone you know may be in danger of being infected (Or have already been infected by) the "Fairplay no Defense" virus, seek immediate assistance from someone who knows how to play the game. If you know how to play the game correctly, please help prevent the spread of this plague by teaching new players the fundamentals of the game before the hivemind corrupts them.

It's not too late.

(Basically, I've been seeing far too many people online throwing around the words "Fairplay" and "No defense" and it's getting out of hand. I feel the need to remind everyone that this is a mentality that will only net you losses, so unless you're looking to become absolutely terrible at the game, avoid "Fairplay no Defense" at all costs.)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Click mah Pokemon :3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rage [VG] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:00 PM   #2
SHAMEFULLSHINOBI
Special Jonin Candidate

SHAMEFULLSHINOBI is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.SHAMEFULLSHINOBI is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.SHAMEFULLSHINOBI is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.SHAMEFULLSHINOBI is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: "Fairplay/No Defense" - Stop it.

This was a fun read...haha well once again I must remind all including you rage that winning is not everything ....I admit I can throw a temper and I have my bouts with frustration from time to time but after things are calm again I always reflect back on the feedback and I realize every opponent is not only different ...they are also human like myself and sometimes we may say or do things that is not our intent or apart of our normal character.

I find when I just play for fun I have a good time no matter what. This was very interesting to read ...I truly believe a spammer can change their ways and we ourselves must always keep learning and growing ...yes even playing a video game ....it applies to all ...hmph nice post rage!

Thank you Jesus!
to God be the glory forever and ever !!!!

神是真實的,請 閱讀聖經
성경을 읽고 하나님은 실제입니다.

神は本物だと聖書を読んでください

"ninja art" "patience"......................."sound fx"
nimpou nintai no jutsu ! ホモ
SHAMEFULLSHINOBI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 03:21 PM   #3
Fuuton Fart
Freshmen Academy Student

Fuuton Fart is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

that sounds exactly like the, typical, gamesite mentality i have discovered at many sites, that claim to be full of naruto players. Valorgaming hasn't even had posts in months, Arashi is full of whining about some scrub mentality, these attitudes seemed to degrade the site, and discriminate against players. hence, people stop coming. matter of factly the entire rant seems egotistical. Why wouldn't i play like you? You are you and i am me. There are no infections and no one is diseased.
1. egotistical - characteristic of those having an inflated idea of their own importance
egotistic, narcissistic, self-loving
selfish - concerned chiefly or only with yourself and your advantage to the exclusion of others; characteristic of false pride; having an exaggerated sense of self-importance; "a conceited fool"; "an attitude of self-conceited arrogance"; "an egotistical disregard of others"; "so swollen by victory that he was unfit for normal duty
it would actually seem you have handicapped yourself assuming you know it all. even the idea that you would rant this is boastful. how cheesy and typical.
Fuuton Fart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 05:59 PM   #4
Rage [VG]
Chunin

Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Rage [VG] completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuton Fart View Post
that sounds exactly like the, typical, gamesite mentality i have discovered at many sites, that claim to be full of naruto players. Valorgaming hasn't even had posts in months, Arashi is full of whining about some scrub mentality, these attitudes seemed to degrade the site, and discriminate against players. hence, people stop coming. matter of factly the entire rant seems egotistical. Why wouldn't i play like you? You are you and i am me. There are no infections and no one is diseased.
1. egotistical - characteristic of those having an inflated idea of their own importance
egotistic, narcissistic, self-loving
selfish - concerned chiefly or only with yourself and your advantage to the exclusion of others; characteristic of false pride; having an exaggerated sense of self-importance; "a conceited fool"; "an attitude of self-conceited arrogance"; "an egotistical disregard of others"; "so swollen by victory that he was unfit for normal duty
it would actually seem you have handicapped yourself assuming you know it all. even the idea that you would rant this is boastful. how cheesy and typical.
So you're saying it's not okay for me to call people stupid for whining and alienating players over an intentional feature of the game, but it's perfectly fine for them to not only insult people who aren't playing like them, but flood their inboxes, actively promote harassment of these players as the hundreds of violent messages I receive in my inbox 5 minutes after beating these tryhard clans can prove, and then dishonestly misinform new players just to entice them to play like them? Double standards at its best.

And for the record Valor gaming stop getting posts because both owners had real-life priorities. It was shortly after we booted out of all the volatile tryhard players, and that short period where we only had mature players who can respect each other was bliss.

Old 12-16-2013, 09:31 AM   #5
Cozy
Academy Graduate

Cozy saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Hmmmm I have been known to try to use melee with Deidara from time to time just to challenge myself, but usually against people I know. With Itachi (Totsuka) I use EMS Sasuke as my only assist on attack 90% of the time, I rarely use Kimmimaro as an assist, and by rarely I mean virtually never. But I don't really hold anyone to my own standards, and generally just use what works for me. Not to mention I refuse to play ranked matches as that's where the drama is at. I found that when I played ranked matches back in Generations the BS far outweighed the reward ie people rage quitting, hate mail for no good reason, gloating when someone beat me etc... So I typically stick to normal player vs player, tournaments, endless and so forth. My record really doesn't matter to me, though I do have 100 more wins than I have losses at least.

Basically I play for fun, and while I do try to meet a certain standard of fair-play I don't piss and moan when I fight someone who doesn't fit my personal standard. I just fight them. If they are exceptionally cheap I stop fighting them due to it being un-fun. However if they are double defense Kirin Spammers, Double Ranged Spammers, and so-forth I can usually beat them, and if I don't I just try until I do or until I get bored.

Ohhh lastly I almost always have one defensive assist, and someone did get pissed about that once in an endless I was in, which baffled me. I mean Generally I'll have a Defensive Assist/Attack Assist or a Defensive Assist/Balance Assist. Occasionally I'll go with Double Balance, which imo can be pretty cheap or like in the case with my (Totsuka) Itachi with EMS Sasuke (Attack) assist it's only one assist but that team up helps the meter go up fast. Sometimes I go with with one assist, depending on the assist it could range from Attack, Defense, or Balance.

In a nutshell I do things my way and play for fun. If I'm not having fun due to cheap play tactics I'll move on, but usually I like to test myself. *shrugs*
#1.) Haku
#2.) Minato (Hokage)
#3.) Mizukage

Last edited by Cozy; 12-16-2013 at 09:45 AM.
Cozy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 01:12 PM   #6
SHAMEFULLSHINOBI
Special Jonin Candidate

SHAMEFULLSHINOBI is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.SHAMEFULLSHINOBI is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.SHAMEFULLSHINOBI is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.SHAMEFULLSHINOBI is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozy View Post
Hmmmm I have been known to try to use melee with Deidara from time to time just to challenge myself, but usually against people I know. With Itachi (Totsuka) I use EMS Sasuke as my only assist on attack 90% of the time, I rarely use Kimmimaro as an assist, and by rarely I mean virtually never. But I don't really hold anyone to my own standards, and generally just use what works for me. Not to mention I refuse to play ranked matches as that's where the drama is at. I found that when I played ranked matches back in Generations the BS far outweighed the reward ie people rage quitting, hate mail for no good reason, gloating when someone beat me etc... So I typically stick to normal player vs player, tournaments, endless and so forth. My record really doesn't matter to me, though I do have 100 more wins than I have losses at least.

Basically I play for fun, and while I do try to meet a certain standard of fair-play I don't piss and moan when I fight someone who doesn't fit my personal standard. I just fight them. If they are exceptionally cheap I stop fighting them due to it being un-fun. However if they are double defense Kirin Spammers, Double Ranged Spammers, and so-forth I can usually beat them, and if I don't I just try until I do or until I get bored.

Ohhh lastly I almost always have one defensive assist, and someone did get pissed about that once in an endless I was in, which baffled me. I mean Generally I'll have a Defensive Assist/Attack Assist or a Defensive Assist/Balance Assist. Occasionally I'll go with Double Balance, which imo can be pretty cheap or like in the case with my (Totsuka) Itachi with EMS Sasuke (Attack) assist it's only one assist but that team up helps the meter go up fast. Sometimes I go with with one assist, depending on the assist it could range from Attack, Defense, or Balance.

In a nutshell I do things my way and play for fun. If I'm not having fun due to cheap play tactics I'll move on, but usually I like to test myself. *shrugs*
I enjoyed reading your post cozy in many ways I relate to what you posted.

Thank you Jesus!

神是真實的,請 閱讀聖經
성경을 읽고 하나님은 실제입니다.

神は本物だと聖書を読んでください

Old 12-17-2013, 07:45 PM   #7
Rage [VG]
Chunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozy View Post

You can play literally any way you want and I'm perfectly happy about it. It's just when people force it upon others, that's where I draw the line.

Old 12-18-2013, 12:34 PM   #8
Cozy
Academy Graduate

Cozy saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage [VG] View Post
You can play literally any way you want and I'm perfectly happy about it. It's just when people force it upon others, that's where I draw the line.
Well to be concise in regards to my previous reply... I agree. I mean I've even been yelled at for using a defensive assist, as I mentioned. I mean while I do hold myself to a certain standard of etiquette and fair play I don't expect it from anyone else. Most people play to win, not for fun, even in normal player vs player more than you would think, though you see that kind of behavior far more in ranked to be sure. Which is a big reason I don't do ranked as I mention.
#1.) Haku
#2.) Minato (Hokage)
#3.) Mizukage
Cozy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 08:29 AM   #9
Russett007
Freshmen Academy Student

Russett007 saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAMEFULLSHINOBI View Post
This was a fun read...haha well once again I must remind all including you rage that winning is not everything ....I admit I can throw a temper and I have my bouts with frustration from time to time but after things are calm again I always reflect back on the feedback and I realize every opponent is not only different ...they are also human like myself and sometimes we may say or do things that is not our intent or apart of our normal character.

I find when I just play for fun I have a good time no matter what. This was very interesting to read ...I truly believe a spammer can change their ways and we ourselves must always keep learning and growing ...yes even playing a video game ....it applies to all ...hmph nice post rage!
I don't believe this has anything to do with "spammers" in need of changing their ways.. I think you missed the point of this post. From what I read it's about people whining about a player for using defensive based styles and using non-inferior "try hard" characters to win matches. But I do agree that it was a fun read.
Russett007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 10:52 AM   #10
SHAMEFULLSHINOBI
Special Jonin Candidate

#russet007 - you are either desperate for posts or you thought wrong ...I am 100% aware of what this post was about and I merely chimed in based on what was posted by rage....again to sum it up people need to calm down and just have fun...If people dont play to ones liking there are tons more opponents to fight so wasting time complaining and throwing attitude is pointless.

Thank you Jesus!

神是真實的,請 閱讀聖經
성경을 읽고 하나님은 실제입니다.

神は本物だと聖書を読んでください

Last edited by SHAMEFULLSHINOBI; 02-20-2014 at 11:00 AM.
Old 02-20-2014, 01:28 PM   #11
Russett007
Freshmen Academy Student

Russett007 saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

1. Needed 15 posts to msg a friend so you're right ... desperate for posts yes. But it sounded like you were referring to spammers as the "FairPlay/no defence" demographic. I know straight up intentional spammers that I play against regularly. they seem to have fun and don't whine when they loose like the players that rage is talking about in this post. But like you said I may have just thought wrong. My bad shinobi. I'm with you though people need to stop whining and realize its just a game. If you don't have fun playing it, don't play it.
Russett007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 04:47 PM   #12
SHAMEFULLSHINOBI
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russett007 View Post
1. Needed 15 posts to msg a friend so you're right ... desperate for posts yes. But it sounded like you were referring to spammers as the "FairPlay/no defence" demographic. I know straight up intentional spammers that I play against regularly. they seem to have fun and don't whine when they loose like the players that rage is talking about in this post. But like you said I may have just thought wrong. My bad shinobi. I'm with you though people need to stop whining and realize its just a game. If you don't have fun playing it, don't play it.
You know what ..I think I came off a bit harsh to you now that I read it over..this auto type fill in can be harsh on my phone but I am glad you understood what I was trying to say. Welcome to the forums

Thank you Jesus!

神是真實的,請 閱讀聖經
성경을 읽고 하나님은 실제입니다.

神は本物だと聖書を読んでください

Last edited by SHAMEFULLSHINOBI; 02-20-2014 at 04:50 PM.