Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Leaf Village Council > Forum Feedback & Issues

Forum Feedback & Issues Having problems using the forums or site? Maybe you have some feedback about the site you'd like to share? Post it here.

Old 04-06-2009, 12:30 AM   #1
Sintar07
Academy Graduate

Sintar07 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Avatar/Rank Ideas

I have a suggestion/request. Could you make some non-chibi avatars at some point? 'Cause chibi's okay, but I prefer the more serious stylings of the shows. I mean it's honestly not a big deal, but it'd be kind of cool.
Sintar07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:39 AM   #2
SRhyse
Site Admin - Uber Kage
Viz Administrator

SRhyse just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: How To Get An Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sintar07
I have a suggestion/request. Could you make some non-chibi avatars at some point? 'Cause chibi's okay, but I prefer the more serious stylings of the shows. I mean it's honestly not a big deal, but it'd be kind of cool.
That seems like a good idea, I'll put it on the list.
My dog Elly FTW:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*Alot of people have been asking to help me with various things on the site, many of which involve sharing files between me and other members. Since I get asked almost every day, to do this or collaborate with me personally, use
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
gives you a lot more free space than normal to work with if that helps, but mainly, it's easier than me getting a thousand emails I have to download and upload with a file again to reply
. Thanks for wanting to help though!
SRhyse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 12:21 PM   #3
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Toma RNK completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

As a thought, you may wish to reserve certain avatars for different ranks. I am not sure how difficult it would be to implement. It is easy with a group system like the one you are testing, more difficult with ranks.

Just a thought.

May 18th 2009: PM Hell... never forget.
Best post ever!

Always remember

Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from evil.
Toma RNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 02:02 PM   #4
SRhyse
Site Admin - Uber Kage
Viz Administrator

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomarnk
As a thought, you may wish to reserve certain avatars for different ranks. I am not sure how difficult it would be to implement. It is easy with a group system like the one you are testing, more difficult with ranks.

Just a thought.
Right now, we're leaning more towards having a badge/emblem kinda thing for the ranks. As cool as it'd be to have certain avatar's reserved for higher ranks, that would involve us sort of 'enforcing' our interpretations of which characters were more noteworthy than others, which we'd like to leave up to you guys.

And you're right about the group system being easier in regards to it. The main issue with the group system right now is that it would sort of force an avatar on whoever joined, rather than letting them pick; we're trying to make this site as up to the user as possible.
My dog Elly FTW:

*Alot of people have been asking to help me with various things on the site, many of which involve sharing files between me and other members. Since I get asked almost every day, to do this or collaborate with me personally, use
gives you a lot more free space than normal to work with if that helps, but mainly, it's easier than me getting a thousand emails I have to download and upload with a file again to reply
Old 04-06-2009, 02:05 PM   #5
Naruto
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: Sometimes...at night...I cover myself in Vaseline, crawl on the floor, and call myself a slug.
Naruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Naruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Naruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Naruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Naruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Naruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Naruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Naruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

How about you unlock avatars as you move up ranks.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:33 PM   #6
SRhyse
Site Admin - Uber Kage
Viz Administrator

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto
That'd be cool, but I don't have any way of doing that on my end right now. If you could rally all kinds of phpBB people together to make a mod that did that, then maybe.
My dog Elly FTW:

Old 04-06-2009, 02:51 PM   #7
Naruto
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: Sometimes...at night...I cover myself in Vaseline, crawl on the floor, and call myself a slug.
Naruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Naruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Naruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Naruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Naruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Naruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Naruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Naruto has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

What does phpBB mean? 2nd forum joined.
Old 04-06-2009, 03:14 PM   #8
SRhyse
Site Admin - Uber Kage
Viz Administrator

Awards Showcase

Quote:
What does phpBB mean? 2nd forum joined.
Oh, sorry. For your second forum, you're doing pretty well so far .

phpBB is the forum software this whole shabang's built on. If you were to think of your computer running on either Windows or OSX, phpBB's what's running the forum in the same kinda way.
My dog Elly FTW:

Old 04-07-2009, 10:29 AM   #9
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRhyse
If you could rally all kinds of phpBB people together to make a mod that did that, then maybe.
I could spend some time looking into it if you may actually use it. You will forgive me for being reluctant to work on it if you guys have little interest.

Best post ever!

Always remember

Old 04-07-2009, 10:35 AM   #10
Sage Mode
Site Admin - The Great Toad Sage
Viz Administrator

Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomarnk
Quote:
If you could rally all kinds of phpBB people together to make a mod that did that, then maybe.
I could spend some time looking into it if you may actually use it. You will forgive me for being reluctant to work on it if you guys have little interest.
Thanks for the offer, tomarnk, but yeah, nothing's really set in stone, and we have some non-moderator people on staff who can eventually make things happen.

A. he is gonna say this is sweet
B. leave not saying anything
C. he is gonna close the thread

--dogboy22
Sage Mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 10:37 AM   #11
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Awards Showcase

More than fair enough. If I see anything you could use in any developer forums Ill shoot you a PM.

Best post ever!

Always remember

Old 04-07-2009, 01:10 PM   #12
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Quote:
That'd be cool, but I don't have any way of doing that on my end right now. If you could rally all kinds of phpBB people together to make a mod that did that, then maybe.
I have a phpbb3 mod I found which I am using on one of my forums that unlocks avatars based on post count. Sync the post count for certain images with the posts for ranks and that is solved.

[EDIT: I just double checked and it is a phpbb2 mod though it does not look like it would take TOO much effort to update.]

As for which images are better I would recommend adding non-chibi images of each chibi character eventually and then let higher ranks access them.

While I am thinking, head protectors with each clans symbol might be a cool avatar.

Best post ever!

Always remember

Old 04-07-2009, 02:15 PM   #13
Sage Mode
Viz Administrator

Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Cool, thanks for the info! I'll let people know that this seems like it's possible to do if we end up going that route.

--dogboy22
Old 04-09-2009, 07:59 PM   #14
SasukesTragedy
Academy Graduate

SasukesTragedy is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Avatar/Rank Ideas

Hmm, I think that maybe you should get to upload your own avatars. I mean, not really much harm in it, is there?
SasukesTragedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:43 AM   #15
Naruto
Special Jonin Candidate

No because of legal reasons.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:57 AM   #16
Madara/Tobi Akatsuki
Ninja Academy Student

Madara/Tobi Akatsuki is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I think avatars should be open to anyone. YOU need to make A tobi/Madara one of me. I mean why did they make deidara. they should at least done Itachi.
Madara/Tobi Akatsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:07 AM   #17
Sage Mode
Viz Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madara/Tobi Akatsuki
I think avatars should be open to anyone. YOU need to make A tobi/Madara one of me. I mean why did they make deidara. they should at least done Itachi.
I see where you're coming from. It's likely that there will be a couple unlockable avatars, though. We don't actually "make" them, really. We just have to get the pictures approved by folks in Japan.

--dogboy22