Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Anime Discussion

Naruto Anime Discussion General discussions about the Naruto anime series. Do not spoil content that has not been aired in an episode in this forum!

Old 09-08-2010, 04:37 PM   #1
Jutsu Junkie
Chunin Exam Proctor

Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default New Shippuden Intro ... what gives?

So my Naruto-Fu may be terrible, but I don't recognize any of the new characters or settings in the latest intro, and the manga is way ahead of the anime. Usually in this series, the intro contains events/settings/characters directly related to the arc being explored. Also, the anime follows the manga pretty closely. So what gives?

The one ANBU guy giving Naruto a custom kunai reminds me of Minato, though, and it looks like there's going to be more flashbacks to Minato and Kakashi's younger days, if they are following pattern. It looks interesting.
Jutsu Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 06:03 PM   #2
One-Tailed Shukaku
Banned

One-Tailed Shukaku is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.One-Tailed Shukaku is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.One-Tailed Shukaku is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.One-Tailed Shukaku is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: New Shippuden Intro ... what gives?

What intro?????? What????
One-Tailed Shukaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:15 PM   #3
Jutsu Junkie
Chunin Exam Proctor

Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Jutsu Junkie is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Hmm. Apologies. That might have been a spoiler ... sort of. Although you can't tell much from what I said. It won't make sense unless you've seen the last few episodes of the current season online. DisneyXD hasn't gotten there yet. The series has many different introductions over the many seasons of the show, and they came out with a new one.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:20 AM   #4
Cagalli
Banned

Cagalli is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

They are from the new filler arc.
Cagalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 07:49 AM   #5
Jutsu Junkie
Chunin Exam Proctor

Ah. Thanks. So I have to wonder how that effects the canon story, if it does. People call them fillers, but in my mind a filler is just a bunch of repeat scenes tossed together (like recaps). This is fresh animation, so they must mean somethin'. Or maybe Naruto and others come out of the arc no different than they went in? I can see that making it a filler, I guess. Maybe I overthink it...
Old 09-09-2010, 07:50 AM   #6
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

What episode?
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 11:10 AM   #7
Cagalli
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jutsu Junkie View Post
Ah. Thanks. So I have to wonder how that effects the canon story, if it does. People call them fillers, but in my mind a filler is just a bunch of repeat scenes tossed together (like recaps). This is fresh animation, so they must mean somethin'. Or maybe Naruto and others come out of the arc no different than they went in? I can see that making it a filler, I guess. Maybe I overthink it...
A filler is when the anime adds stuff that was not in the manga. The last 100 episodes or so of the original Naruto was all Filler. This new arc about Sora is filler. None of it is canon with the manga.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:46 PM   #8
Jakropha
Your Lord Zetsoom

Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Jakropha is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

177? Thats what im up to watching, and I honestly like the Pain Arc intro, Uber coolioso.

Is there a new intro? I wuntoo see it!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Jakropha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:10 PM   #9
Hidden Ninja45
Jonin

Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

This thread is a prime example of why there should be a sub Forum for the Dub and Sub version of Shippuden.

I'm unsure if the OP is talking about the Disney XD filler arc that is coming up, or if this is about the Sub version.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hidden Ninja45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:16 PM   #10
Sonia
Ninja Academy Student

Sonia is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Can you tell which episode does the new OP starts? (the dub one)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakropha View Post
177? Thats what im up to watching, and I honestly like the Pain Arc intro, Uber coolioso.

Is there a new intro? I wuntoo see it!
Spoiler:
There is a new starting OP and ED coming in October. That's all I'm saying

Sonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:20 PM   #11
T0bit0
Freshmen Academy Student

T0bit0 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

He's referring to the "Blue Bird" intro that starts the Sora arc. I don't get what's to complain about because imo that's one of the coolest intros in the series (well, next to the 6th and 7th).

And yes, the Sora arc is a filler arc. As someone said, filler simply refers to what isn't canonized by the manga. Also fyi, you'll see the badguys in the intro soon...
T0bit0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:25 PM   #12
Sonia
Ninja Academy Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0bit0 View Post
He's referring to the "Blue Bird" intro that starts the Sora arc. I don't get what's to complain about because imo that's one of the coolest intros in the series (well, next to the 6th and 7th).

And yes, the Sora arc is a filler arc. As someone said, filler simply refers to what isn't canonized by the manga. Also fyi, you'll see the badguys in the intro soon...
I loved the "blue bird" intro, but I forgot which episode did it begin. But don't worry, I think I can find the episode number on my own

Old 09-09-2010, 06:44 PM   #13
Jutsu Junkie
Chunin Exam Proctor

Guess I was being too vague. It's after the Pein arc intro, with the gothic-style city in the background and Naruto and Sakura fighting humanoid machines. It is the sub version (not DXD's dub), starting at episode 172, and I agree that there is confusion between the two tracks.

The sealing (summoning?) jutsu at the end reminded me of Madara's plot, because of the closing eye, but it's probably not related...

Last edited by Jutsu Junkie; 09-09-2010 at 06:51 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:04 AM   #14
Cagalli
Banned

No idea what your talking about then, because the intro you are refferring to does not exist. It is most likely a fake.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:17 AM   #15
Jutsu Junkie
Chunin Exam Proctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cagalli View Post
No idea what your talking about then, because the intro you are refferring to does not exist. It is most likely a fake.
You know, I went back through the Hulu and Crunchyroll streams, and you must be right. I think it is the intro for the 4th movie, since I saw another thread in here concerning the movie poster in one of the episodes. When I looked at it on Hulu, it had the same Gothic towers in it, along with Minato's pic.

Sorry for the confusion.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:07 AM   #16
Cagalli
Banned

Quote:
You know, I went back through the Hulu and Crunchyroll streams, and you must be right. I think it is the intro for the 4th movie, since I saw another thread in here concerning the movie poster in one of the episodes. When I looked at it on Hulu, it had the same Gothic towers in it, along with Minato's pic.

Sorry for the confusion.
That is probably it then. When new movies come out they usually add in trailer scenes to the intro for a few weeks.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:18 PM   #17
OrochimaruLucas
Genin

OrochimaruLucas is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Guys, this is the intro for the 4th Shippuuden Movie. StudioPetriot have a tradition on showing clips from the movie since the 1st Shippuuden.

They showed 2nd Shippuuden Movie - Bonds using the Blue Bird song intro... and the 3rd Shippuuden Movie in the older intros... and now the 4th Shippuuden Movie for this Intro.
║║║║╔╗║╔╗║╚╝║║║║╚╝║
╚╩═╩╝╚╩╝╚╩══╝╚╝╚══╝

OrochimaruLucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 08:24 PM   #18
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato
Aiding Kakashi, Yamato, & Iruka

Location: Konohagakure, with the people dearest to me. Aiding Kakashi on the battlefield and saving Yamato!
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

i guess i gotta check it out later...

Kakashi~

\ \ \ \
l\^ ^/l
Yamato~

, / \\
,\^^/
\\---// thnx Edyl
Iruka~

カカシ, ヤマト, イルカ! 愛してる~!
03-02, 13:09 The Immortal Watch Dog
You got Daph Rice, everyone got her
She's one of my psycho's
she's Cults banner girl
[1/7/2014 9:25:36 AM] Tuus Deus(CoP): I know Daph spends all her time staring at Kakashi pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cult of Personality
Kakashi pretending to get stabbed by Obito because he's such a nice guy and doesn't want Obito to feel about about sucking so much
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cult of Personality
I would just like you to know that I am awesome.
Quote:
All days are Cult Day.
Quote:
I disagree. The best way to get rep from Daph is to be me.
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 11:48 AM   #19
Sonia
Ninja Academy Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrochimaruLucas View Post
Guys, this is the intro for the 4th Shippuuden Movie. StudioPetriot have a tradition on showing clips from the movie since the 1st Shippuuden.

They showed 2nd Shippuuden Movie - Bonds using the Blue Bird song intro... and the 3rd Shippuuden Movie in the older intros... and now the 4th Shippuuden Movie for this Intro.
You're correct.

Quote:
Guess I was being too vague. It's after the Pein arc intro, with the gothic-style city in the background and Naruto and Sakura fighting humanoid machines. It is the sub version (not DXD's dub), starting at episode 172, and I agree that there is confusion between the two tracks.

The sealing (summoning?) jutsu at the end reminded me of Madara's plot, because of the closing eye, but it's probably not related...
Jutsu Junkie - that opening is still the 7th opening but with the movie clips. From what I heard only those who watched the actual raw japanese episodes got to watch the scenes with the movie clips in it though.

Old 09-11-2010, 07:51 PM   #20
Jutsu Junkie
Chunin Exam Proctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonia View Post
Jutsu Junkie - that opening is still the 7th opening but with the movie clips. From what I heard only those who watched the actual raw japanese episodes got to watch the scenes with the movie clips in it though.
Couldn't have been raws, since it was a subbed stream I watched on a friend's computer (exported to his TV). I thought it was Hulu, but when I looked on my computer, the setup was different. Meh. Anyway, I'm glad I got to see it, since I didn't even know about the movie until I joined this forum. It makes me want the DVD, but I hear that it just started running in theaters in Japan. It's going to be a while...