Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Leaf Village Council > Forum Feedback & Issues

Forum Feedback & Issues Having problems using the forums or site? Maybe you have some feedback about the site you'd like to share? Post it here.

Old 03-05-2010, 12:28 AM   #1
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Toma RNK completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Default Help fix the forums.

Something each user can do to help out the forums is delete all those extra old PM's lying around.

You probably have a HUGE "send" box and a considerable inbox if you have been here for a while.

Cutting down on all of the stored PM's helps reduce the load on the database.

When you look at your inbox the database containing all posts is scanned for your most recent posts. If this database has millions of posts, it takes longer and puts more strain on the machine. If there were half that many, things would be much better.

I even went through the effort of making a youtube vid showing you how to save all the PM's you want by making a folder for them. Once that stuff is safe, you can empty your entire sent mail and inbox with one button push (for each.)

If you need a little help, watch the vid. If you don't need help, please clean your inbox up and help the forums out.

Thanks a ton:
YouTube:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

May 18th 2009: PM Hell... never forget.
Best post ever!

Always remember

Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from evil.

Last edited by Toma RNK; 03-10-2010 at 06:14 PM.
Toma RNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 12:31 AM   #2
Spartacus
Apple Assassin

Spartacus is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Spartacus is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Spartacus is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Spartacus is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Spartacus is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Send a message via AIM to Spartacus
Default Re: Help fix the forums.

But my memories are all stored there. The good and the bad times *Sniffles*
Old 03-05-2010, 12:31 AM   #3
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
But my memories are all stored there. The good and the bad times *Sniffles*
Well yer crappy memories are slowing down my browsing

Best post ever!

Always remember

Old 03-05-2010, 12:33 AM   #4
Spartacus
Apple Assassin

Spartacus is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Spartacus is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Spartacus is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Spartacus is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Spartacus is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Send a message via AIM to Spartacus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toma RNK View Post
Well yer crappy memories are slowing down my browsing
You are totally right what was I thinking? Memories are now destroyed.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:33 AM   #5
Obito
Special Jonin Candidate

Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Wow... Come to think of it... I have 2378 send... That's alot.

Obito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 12:35 AM   #6
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obito View Post
Wow... Come to think of it... I have 2378 send... That's alot.
Now think how many users have numbers like that. Millions of saved PM's....

Best post ever!

Always remember

Old 03-05-2010, 12:40 AM   #7
Obito
Special Jonin Candidate

Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Obito completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

By the way, did TBC really say that to you?

Old 03-05-2010, 12:41 AM   #8
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obito View Post
By the way, did TBC really say that to you?
Yes, though it is less epic within context it is 100% true.

Best post ever!

Always remember

Old 03-05-2010, 12:44 AM   #9
Obito
Special Jonin Candidate

LOL, I guess that's one of the top epic moments in forum history.

Old 03-05-2010, 12:46 AM   #10
Memitim
Lord Commander of the Kingsguard

Memitim strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Memitim strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Memitim strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Memitim strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Memitim strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Memitim strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Memitim strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Memitim strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Memitim strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Memitim strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Memitim strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Memitim strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Memitim strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.
Send a message via Skype™ to Memitim

i delete my pms when my inbox hits about 2000....which strangely only takes like 2 weeks

Memitim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 04:53 AM   #11
Master Perfect
Chunin Exam Proctor

Master Perfect is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toma RNK View Post
Something each user can do to help out the forums is delete all those extra old PM's lying around.

You probably have a HUGE "send" box and a considerable inbox if you have been here for a while.

Cutting down on all of the stored PM's helps reduce the load on the database.

When you look at your inbox the database containing all posts is scanned for your most recent posts. If this database has millions of posts, it takes longer and puts more strain on the machine. If there were half that many, things would be much better.

I even went through the effort of making a youtube vid showing you how to save all the PM's you want by making a folder for them. Once that stuff is safe, you can empty your entire sent mail and inbox with one button push (for each.)

If you need a little help, watch the vid. If you don't need help, please clean your inbox up and help the forums out.

Thanks a ton:

I delete my pms, pretty much everyday.

Master Perfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 06:33 AM   #12
trouble88
Making It Duoble
Special Hunter Ninja
WS-Genin

Location: playing pokemonxy with KazekageGaara and Fluttershy
trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.trouble88 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to trouble88 Send a message via MSN to trouble88 Send a message via Skype™ to trouble88

that it I put the link in my siggy now

You stole my heart from the day we met^////^
Forum frist buddies: JAFL,KU
Member of the Forum ANBU PM me for help

trouble88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 06:42 AM   #13
Cyl
Special Jonin Candidate

Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Yahoo to Cyl

I swear I heard your voice before, I remember it. Probably not.

*Deletes inbox and sendbox*

Cyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 06:53 AM   #14
sasu_girl
Lovely Girl :3
Special Jonin Candidate

sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

ok i'll delete some ^^

~*~*~*슈퍼주니어*~*~*~
sasu_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 09:06 AM   #15
Kuroda Taishi
Banned

Kuroda Taishi is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I already do this anyways, because I don't like having 1 million pms stored, xD
Kuroda Taishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 09:18 AM   #16
mangagirl
Drama King
Perpetually leaving the forum

mangagirl finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.mangagirl finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.mangagirl finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.mangagirl finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.mangagirl finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.mangagirl finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.mangagirl finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.mangagirl finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.mangagirl finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Send a message via Skype™ to mangagirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Perfect View Post
I delete my pms, pretty much everyday.
metoo =O

mangagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 12:06 PM   #17
Deidara Iwatoshi
Apprentice Genin

Deidara Iwatoshi is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I barely have any but I will keep this in mind in the future.
Deidara Iwatoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 12:38 PM   #18
MysticGoten
Special Jonin Candidate

MysticGoten is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.MysticGoten is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.MysticGoten is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.MysticGoten is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Really?
Oh, then, thank you, Toma!!

EDIT: I did it...wow...I feel like such a new person to the forums...xD

Last edited by MysticGoten; 03-05-2010 at 12:55 PM.
MysticGoten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 12:54 PM   #19
narutofox180
Genin

narutofox180 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

i only have like fifty in each box, my sent and recieved

"If you wish to kill me,
resent me,hate me. And survive...in obscurity"

CoNr3 wi-fi code:4340-3300-3816/////username:narutofox180
narutofox180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 02:07 PM   #20
Vex
Special Jonin Candidate

Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Vex is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Well that took a little bit sifting through, but all cleared.

Vex is offline   Reply With Quote