Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Anime Discussion

Naruto Anime Discussion General discussions about the Naruto anime series. Do not spoil content that has not been aired in an episode in this forum!

Old 11-05-2009, 09:50 PM   #1
Dark Angel Haikara

Default Disney = the downfall of the Naruto anime series

well
we all saw the first episode aired in the US on th 28th, and so far:
they dubbed.
they edited.
they aired.

...as for the final outcome?

they sorta messed it up.

does anyone else agree?
however I must say this is just my opinion, feel free to state otherwise -_-

* Quick Note added 11-26-09
alright... I guess I just quickly wanted to clarify a bit on why it seems that everyone is making a big deal out of the whole Naruto on Disney thing, there has been quite a bit of misunderstanding with this thread (in which I apologize if the title may have been kinda misguiding.) It may seem that it is a bit over spoken, but i will just say briefly that from what some views of others, and I personally, believe is that when an anime (or any series of a story in general) is edited to a certain extent, it can sometimes change the originality of the story itself. This doesn't necessarily mean the same will happen to the Naruto series, but I guess for now some think so. I guess you can view this as being a fork in the road, in which each path has a different description but they both lead to the same conclusion towards the end. An example of this would be similar to the yugioh series (when it was popular with its young generation back then) from what many said from the same generation, fans said it was good at first but eventually it was changed so much that the later seasons seemed like nothing relevant to the orignal japanese dub, and many also stated that there were even some alternate endings made to the english dub. This led to some loosing interest and possibly becoming bored with the overall story. Another quick example is the Eragon movie: the director made quite a few changes in the theatrical release that many were kinda confused about... Eragon turned out a to be a tiny blonde farm boy, the dragon egg looked like a giant jellybelly, Saphira's name was only mentioned like twice and they gave brunette princess Arya hair that was redder than Bob Marley's favorite beanie (not to mention king Galbatorix seeming more of a pansy than a "evil king.") The result? many decided to stick to the book, alot of fans even commented on youtube that the movie was pale in comparison to the original book and weren't overall satisfied with their ticket. The director seemed to focus more on the theatrical effect rather than the author's actual work, which is just as important as it is what led Eragon to become acknowledged in the eldest series. The main view I guess is pretty much that some edits or changes in Naruto may change the way some people look at it overall in its nature, should any major changes in the plot occur... not everyone of course, as everyone has their own unique opinion and view. The transition from CN doesn't mean these changes will happen, but we probably won't know unless it happens, that is if it does...

Last edited by Dark Angel Haikara; 12-03-2009 at 08:24 PM.
  Reply With Quote Add Dice Roll To Message
Old 11-05-2009, 09:52 PM   #2
OnyxBlossom
Special Jonin Candidate

OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Disney = the downfall of the Naruto anime series

It was TV Tokyo's idea. Besides, if you don't like the edits, buy the DVD's and stop complaining.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

OnyxBlossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 09:53 PM   #3
Madi
Freshmen Academy Student

Madi is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Yeah while Canadians get left out of the equation. l:^(
Madi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 09:56 PM   #4
OnyxBlossom
Special Jonin Candidate

OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madi View Post
Yeah while Canadians get left out of the equation. l:^(
Aww, I forgot about Canada. But don't worry, the Mods are trying to fix the problem. ^ ^

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

OnyxBlossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:01 PM   #5
Dark Angel Haikara

wait a second... canada? I forgot they have the exact same dubs... or not? eh... idk
Old 11-05-2009, 10:30 PM   #6
Madi
Freshmen Academy Student

Madi is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

We have the same dubs LOL I'm pretty sure canadians speak English.
(Unless you count the frenchies. O.o)
(Actually I can speak French too but I don't like it lol)
My point is I freaking wish it was on TV here!!! Ugh it'll probs be like a year before it's here.
Madi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:33 PM   #7
Azal
Special Jonin Candidate

Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.
Send a message via Yahoo to Azal

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnyxBlossom View Post
It was TV Tokyo's idea. Besides, if you don't like the edits, buy the DVD's and stop complaining.
maybe hes just poor and is at his freinds house using their computer

Azal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:36 PM   #8
Hally
Special Jonin Candidate

Hally has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hally has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hally has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hally has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hally has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Hally has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Angel Haikara View Post
well
we all saw the first episode aired in the US on th 28th, and so far:
they dubbed.
they edited.
they aired.

...as for the final outcome? only 4 words:

they messed it up.

does anyone else agree? XD
who's idea was it to place it under disney's frilly little hands? XD
if its already edited this much, they might as well forget about keeping the Naruto series popular in this region...
I agree I refuse to watch it. I will watch the subbed until the box sets come out
Leader of the
Spoiler:

Quote:
Hahahahah Oh Hally.
If you leave this thing dies.
Plain and simple.
I, Lord Killsworth Edvund the Third, you, and Jeniphonse Malimaron (Spleen) are all that is left of the old verse. Spleen has one foot out of the door already.
When you leave, this world goes in the drain.
So think wisely of when you decide to end a tradition of glory. You're all thats left.
Hally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:49 PM   #9
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

who watches on tv anymore?

most people I know only care about the manga and I have been watching shippunden since 2007

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 12:57 AM   #10
Dark Angel Haikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnyxBlossom View Post

excuse me, but my thread was not factual nor was it being direct about particular decisions. please take the time to intertpret the opinion which is the whole point rather than reply with an irrational answer. Also, THERE ARE SOME OF us who are not fortunate enough to afford things like that.

**as for the one who gave me negative rep on this small post response: I really don't care what you think about me, so take your rep dot and shove it ^_^ anymore of your "little comments" will just be laughed at and ignored

Last edited by Dark Angel Haikara; 12-03-2009 at 11:32 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:01 AM   #11
Naruto2921
Chunin Exam Participant

Naruto2921 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to Naruto2921

I am glad to see them on tv in english so I dont have to read sub titles but I do prefer the Japanese version the voices sound better and they show so much more.
Naruto2921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 04:51 AM   #12
Shika-fiend
Special Jonin Candidate

Shika-fiend has completed a tough C-rank mission!Shika-fiend has completed a tough C-rank mission!Shika-fiend has completed a tough C-rank mission!

I'm tired of everyone complaining. You got what you wanted.
Shika-fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 04:55 AM   #13
MannyGAGA
Chunin Exam Proctor

MannyGAGA is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via AIM to MannyGAGA Send a message via Yahoo to MannyGAGA

omggg stop with this man!!! i tired of seeing that ppl are not happy with naruto being on disney!! if u don't like it that much;than just wach it on t.v
MannyGAGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 05:06 AM   #14
Naruto321
Super-Duper Mod

Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Naruto321 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Naruto321 Send a message via Skype™ to Naruto321

Its getting really annoying from you guys making alot of threads about this. Yes, we know that they messed up the show. And I am mad that they messed it up. But that's why I am getting the Uncut DVDs. So I have nothing to worry about.

Naruto321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 05:18 AM   #15
Awesome
Freshmen Academy Student

Awesome is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Ive said it once and ill say it again, its CNs fault, they didnt offer up a contract b/c they are cheap bastards, and everyone knows if you give that evil mickey mouse a nice violent anime, he'll butcher it up real good then edit himself butchering Naruto to make it look like they are holding hands skipping down the yellow brick road or something.
Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 05:39 AM   #16
Shika-fiend
Special Jonin Candidate

Shika-fiend has completed a tough C-rank mission!Shika-fiend has completed a tough C-rank mission!Shika-fiend has completed a tough C-rank mission!

CN couldn't AFFORD naruto shippuden, and disney could. So, it's no ones fault!
Old 11-06-2009, 05:40 AM   #17
Shika-fiend
Special Jonin Candidate

Has anyone heard of the bad economy?
Old 11-06-2009, 05:58 AM   #18
Awesome
Freshmen Academy Student

Awesome is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Someone gets it aleast
Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 02:42 PM   #19
NarutoUzumaki12
Special Jonin Candidate

NarutoUzumaki12 has completed a tough C-rank mission!NarutoUzumaki12 has completed a tough C-rank mission!NarutoUzumaki12 has completed a tough C-rank mission!

well it's on TV isn't it

Naruto is Finnaly where it belongs on Toonami

Currently playing: Assassin's Creed 3

Spoiler:
Rest in peace Neji

NarutoUzumaki12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 07:45 PM   #20
battlehorse
Chunin Exam Proctor

battlehorse is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarutoUzumaki12 View Post
well it's on TV isn't it
yeah cn and the other channels wouldnt take it so disneyxd was the only choice.
battlehorse is offline   Reply With Quote