Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Mall > Series Discussion

Series Discussion Got a favorite Anime or Manga you'd like to talk about? Maybe a Light or Visual Novel you think is interesting? Bring it all here!

Old 02-27-2010, 07:09 PM   #1
2hyper4u AKA Sloth
Special Jonin Candidate

2hyper4u AKA Sloth is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to 2hyper4u AKA Sloth
Default Test your Otaku-ness! How much of an anime fan are you?

welcome to my quiz! I hope you enjoy your stay, dont worry if you dont get some of them its just for fun! I tried my best not to focus on just Naruto tho, so it might be a bit confusing X3 even I dont get 100%

1 - you've seen more than 15 animes
2 - you've read more than 20 titles of manga
4 - you know the difference between a graphic novel and volume of manga
5 - you knew every classification of manga to date before I gave this list (classifications: shojo, shonen, seinen, josei, lolicon, shotacon, yuri, yaoi, shojo ai, shonen ai, hentai, smut, Ecchi, gender bender, doujinshi and harem)
6 - you know the correct japanese pronunciation of the more mistaken words (i.e. manga, anime, naruto, kounichiwa, arigatou etc.)
7 - I could spat a random sentance in japanese and you would understand 3 words or more whether or not they comply with the sentance (this was originally my idea, please dont steal it D<)
8 - you've dreamed about being a mangaka or working in the anime industry more than 5 times
9 - it was a different job every time XD
10 - you know what the word 'cosplay' means
11 - you know the difference between 'cosplay' and 'crossplay;
12 - you know what the acryonym EGL stands for
13 - you continously correct people who pronounce manga as "mayn gah" and not "mon gah" (or however its romanized (is lazy))
14 - ITS OVER 9000!!!
15 - you understood that anime reference
16 - you've attended at least 1 anime convention in your history of otaku-ness (comic cons dont count D<)
17 - you know what "the game" is and you just lost it ;3
18 - you understand what a glomp circle is and how to participate in it
19 - you no longer accept normal hugs except from shy cosplayers, everything else must be put into glomp or tackle form
20 - you understand the difference between shonen-ai and yaoi/shojo-ai and yuri
21 - you know the magical word for hentai tentacle rape
22 - you can name the longest title of anime you've watched in, a japanese accent and it sounds D*MN LEGIT. (i.e. higurashi no naku koro ni re ; majin tantei nougami neuro etc.)
23 - you're friends aren't surprised when you have a new identity every other day (cosplaying)
24 - you've explained to someone that is NOT an otaku, that anime is not just japanese cartoons like everyone says
25 - you've played the anime version of marco polo (people constantly play this at conventions)
26 - you have daydreamed yourself either as an OC (original character) in your favorite anime, or replacing a character in said anime
27 - you've been caught reading a volume of manga from behind your math (or any school subject) textbook
28 - you can accurately name 10 or more japanese names and their meanings
29 - you have made an abridged series or created a fandub of something that was originally in the japanese language
30 - you know what an AMV stands for
31 - you have cosplayed from 3 or more anime series/manga titles
32 - you can name off your favorite seiyuu in less than 10 seconds
33 - you were surprised when you realized how hard this test was
34 - you deicded to finish it anyways
35 - you can remember japanese translations of an anime song without having the lyrics nearby
36 - you can no longer watch anime around your family or friends, its too annoying how emotional you get over it
37 - you know the anime capital of the world's name and exact location
38 - you know the difference between kanji, katakana, romaji, and hiragana are
39 - you have at least once thought about running away to japan, then realized you have no means to pay for it
40 - you think I'm crazy for making this as long as it iz >D
41 - You can name 1 anime title for every letter of the alphabet (try it... its HARD)
42 - you can name 1 anime character for every letter of the alphabet using only the first letter of their last names
43 - you own numerous anime figurines of more than 2 series
44 - you cried tears of joy when you saw the selection of anime at Akihabara, but then remembered all of it was in japanese
45 - you've bought imported anime and japanese manga before because it never got released in america
46 - you are an avid video game addict to more than just Naruto video games
47 - you've contemplated buying a japanese game consel just so you could play the epic games they never released in america (DAM YOU REIGON CODING!!!)
48 - you have fetishes that are based off of your favorite character (i.e. you hate milk because edward elric hates milk)
49 - you can randomly say japanese words in a perfectly legit english sentance (i.e. that song was so kawaii!!)
50 - you have drawn fanart / written fanfiction before
51 - you know the difference between an american otaku and a japanese otaku
52 - you actually took the time to take this quiz

give yourself a point for naming the anime for these references, give yourself another if you know the character:
1- "Who the hell do you think I am?!"
2- "You have just lost the game"
3- "ph34r th3 1337 k1n6"
4- "You didnt think I'd grant you that third wish did you?!"
5- "welcome home, master"
6- "he's lord death's son?!"
7- "IM NOT SHORT"
8- "I am a devil of a butler"
9- "LET ME FIGHT THE BEARS!!!"
10- "Lets go find aliens, time travlers and espers so we can HANG OUT with them!"
11- "I wake up every morning hoping that my body is still in tact"
12- "You're a terrible slave!!"

give yourself two points for each of these abridged series references if you can name the series, and two more if you can name the character:
1- "screw the rules I have money"
2- "someones stuck in the wonderball!"
3- "POT PRISM POWER!!!"
4- "Oh my god its fanservic-- I mean Hibari!!"

grade yourself out of 92
results:
1-25 = casual fan
26-55 = fanboy/fangirl
56-78 = obsessed
79-92 = otaku

I'll put up my scores later 8D
Violets are #0000FF
All of my Base
Are belong to you</poem>

Stalk Me?:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

♀ + ♀ = ♥ ; ♀ + ♂ = ♥ ; ♂ + ♂ = ♥
You fall in love with a person, not their gender.

Last edited by 2hyper4u AKA Sloth; 03-04-2010 at 11:09 PM.
2hyper4u AKA Sloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 07:21 PM   #2
Kiko-kun
Jonin
Formerly a Hyuuga

Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.
Default Re: Test your Otaku-ness! How much of an anime fan are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hyper4u AKA Sloth View Post
welcome to my quiz! I hope you enjoy your stay, dont worry if you dont get some of them its just for fun! I tried my best not to focus on just Naruto tho, so it might be a bit confusing X3 even I dont get 100%

yes
100 atually yes
yes
5 - you knew every classification of manga to date before I gave this list
yes what list?
(classifications: shojo, shonen, seinen, josei, lolicon, shotacon, yuri, yaoi, shojo ai, shonen ai, hentai, smut, Ecchi, gender bender, doujinshi and harem)
6 - you know the correct japanese pronunciation of the more mistaken words yes (i.e. manga, anime, naruto, kounichiwa, arigatou etc.)
7 - I could spat a random sentance in japanese and you would understand 3 words or more whether or not they comply with the sentance (this was originally my idea, please dont steal it D<)
YEs
8 - you've dreamed about being a mangaka or working in the anime industry more than 5 times
yes
Yes
yea
yes
yes
13 - you continously correct people who pronounce manga as "mayn gah" and not "mon gah" (or however its romanized (is lazy))
Yes
14 - ITS OVER 9000!!!
YES!@
yes
16 - you've attended at least 1 anime convention in your history of otaku-ness (comic cons dont count D<)
YES! About 10
UHG! YES!
Yes XD
19 - you no longer accept normal hugs except from shy cosplayers, everything else must be put into glomp or tackle form
YEs..
20 - you understand the difference between shonen-ai and yaoi/shojo-ai and yuri YES!

> . > Yes
22 - you can name the longest title of anime you've watched in, a japanese accent and it sounds D*MN LEGIT. (i.e. higurashi no naku koro ni re ; majin tantei nougami neuro etc.) yes
23 - you're friends aren't surprised when you have a new identity every other day (cosplaying) yes XD
24 - you've explained to someone that is NOT an otaku, that anime is not just japanese cartoons like everyone says
Yes
25 - you've played the anime version of marco polo (people constantly play this at conventions)
YES!
26 - you have daydreamed yourself either as an OC (original character) in your favorite anime, or replacing a character in said anime
yes
27 - you've been caught reading a volume of manga from behind your math (or any school subject) textbook
OMG! How u no?
29 - you have made an abridged series or created a fandub of something that was originally in the japanese language
35 - you can remember japanese translations of an anime song without having the lyrics nearby
36 - you can no longer watch anime around your family or friends, its too annoying how emotional you get over it
39 - you have at least once thought about running away to japan, then realized you have no means to pay for it
41 - You can name 1 anime title for every letter of the alphabet (try it... its HARD)
42 - you can name 1 anime character for every letter of the alphabet using only the first letter of their last names
44 - you cried tears of joy when you saw the selection of anime at Akihabara, but then remembered all of it was in japanese
45 - you've bought imported anime and japanese manga before because it never got released in america
47 - you've contemplated buying a japanese game consel just so you could play the epic games they never released in america (DAM YOU REIGON CODING!!!)
48 - you have fetishes that are based off of your favorite character (i.e. you hate milk because edward elric hates milk)
49 - you can randomly say japanese words in a perfectly legit english sentance (i.e. that song was so kawaii!!)

give yourself a point for naming the anime for these references, give yourself another if you know the character:
3- "ph34r th3 1337 k1n6"
7- "IM NOT SHORT"
8- "I am a demon of a butler"
10- "Lets go find aliens, time travlers and espers so we can HANG OUT with them!"

give yourself two points for each of these abridged series references if you can name the series, and two more if you can name the character:
3- "POT PRISM POWER!!!"

grade yourself out of 92
results:
1-25 = casual fan
26-55 = fanboy/fangirl
56-78 = obsessed
79-92 = otaku

HEhehe 92

^ My future wife.
WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.
Kiko-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 07:27 PM   #3
Jason Uchiha
Chunin Exam Participant

Jason Uchiha is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

i got 20
so i geuss i'm not that big a fan

but good quiz
it was a little long though how long did this take you
Old 02-27-2010, 07:34 PM   #4
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Super High School Level Narcissist
Quasi-Admin

Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via MSN to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Maikeru D. Shinigami

I got a 32.

YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Maikeru D. Shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 07:37 PM   #5
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Toma RNK completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.
Toma RNK completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

89: I failed one reference, don't cosplay, and don't think you are crazy for making a list that long.

May 18th 2009: PM Hell... never forget.
Best post ever!

Always remember

Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from evil.
Toma RNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 07:47 PM   #6
zerosameri

zerosameri just might be Kage someday.
zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.zerosameri just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Spoiler:

I think so
Um, I'm not sure
No I don't. I all ways though they were the same, but I guess there not.
5 - you knew every classification of manga to date before I gave this list (classifications: shojo, shonen, seinen, josei, lolicon, shotacon, yuri, yaoi, shojo ai, shonen ai, hentai, smut, Ecchi, gender bender, doujinshi and harem)
No I didn't. I only know 4 of those
6 - you know the correct japanese pronunciation of the more mistaken words (i.e. manga, anime, naruto, kounichiwa, arigatou etc.)
I think so
Um maybe
Nope
????
I didn't know what it ment untill I joined this forum.
I think so. Isn't crossplay is when you play as a different gender of your's? I'm just guessing here...
I have no clue what that means
Nope I don't do that.
14 - ITS OVER 9000!!!
???
No I didn't
Nope... I never been to one in my life
Lol I just learnd what "the game" is about a week ago.
? Whats thats?
???
20 - you understand the difference between shonen-ai and yaoi/shojo-ai and yuri
not really
Ew, and no.
22 - you can name the longest title of anime you've watched in, a japanese accent and it sounds D*MN LEGIT. (i.e. higurashi no naku koro ni re ; majin tantei nougami neuro etc.)
O_O no
23 - you're friends aren't surprised when you have a new identity every other day (cosplaying)
No
What is even an Otaku?
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
Whats a Seiyuu? and No
this test isn't hard but random.
Is that even a question?
No
No
People accualy know that stuff? And no.
I have no cluse what the differnce is.
No, but points for makinhg me laugh
Not really.
No
Nope
No. (man I love to say no a lot XD)
nope
no
nope
no
no
Fanart yes, fanfic no
What is Otaku any ways?
I guess so
IDK
IDK
3- "ph34r th3 1337 k1n6"
IDK
IDK
Um, Koy Kara Maoh? I know that was said in that anime
Um, Soul Eater?
7- "IM NOT SHORT"
Um, Lovly complex?
That was a good anime. Sebastian from Kuroshitsuji

IDK
IDK
IDK
IDK
IDK
IDK
3- "POT PRISM POWER!!!"
IDK
 IDK

10 points

Quote:
"I am a demon of a butler"
Didn't Sebastian from Kuroshitsuji say that? If so you messed up. Just saying.

*I really like that anime, and that line was burned into my brain :I it was said to much...*

Last edited by zerosameri; 02-27-2010 at 07:56 PM.
zerosameri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 08:12 PM   #7
Vatanui AKA Pride
has a farm...
WCA

Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

Quote:

1 - you've seen more than 15 animes Yes, Indeed I have.
2 - you've read more than 20 titles of manga Yes.
4 - you know the difference between a graphic novel and volume of manga Of course.
5 - you knew every classification of manga to date before I gave this list (classifications: shojo, shonen, seinen, josei, lolicon, shotacon, yuri, yaoi, shojo ai, shonen ai, hentai, smut, Ecchi, gender bender, doujinshi and harem) Unfortunately, no.
6 - you know the correct japanese pronunciation of the more mistaken words (i.e. manga, anime, naruto, kounichiwa, arigatou etc.) Yes, mostly.
7 - I could spat a random sentance in japanese and you would understand 3 words or more whether or not they comply with the sentance (this was originally my idea, please dont steal it D<) More or less.
8 - you've dreamed about being a mangaka or working in the anime industry more than 5 times Yes.
9 - it was a different job every time XD Occasionally.
10 - you know what the word 'cosplay' means Indeed.
11 - you know the difference between 'cosplay' and 'crossplay; Lol, but yeah.
12 - you know what the acryonym EGL stands for Depends on what kind you're talking about.
13 - you continously correct people who pronounce manga as "mayn gah" and not "mon gah" (or however its romanized (is lazy)) Of course.
14 - ITS OVER 9000!!! Indeed!!!
15 - you understood that anime reference Yes.
16 - you've attended at least 1 anime convention in your history of otaku-ness (comic cons dont count D<) Nope.
17 - you know what "the game" is and you just lost it ;3 I have no idea of what you're talking about. xD
18 - you understand what a glomp circle is and how to participate in it What does that have to do with this? xD
19 - you no longer accept normal hugs except from shy cosplayers, everything else must be put into glomp or tackle formm I stay take hugs.
20 - you understand the difference between shonen-ai and yaoi/shojo-ai and yuri Indeed I do.
21 - you know the magical word for hentai tentacle rape Lmao, a bit adult for here.
22 - you can name the longest title of anime you've watched in, a japanese accent and it sounds D*MN LEGIT. (i.e. higurashi no naku koro ni re ; majin tantei nougami neuro etc.) Indeed.
23 - you're friends aren't surprised when you have a new identity every other day (cosplaying) No, unfortunately.
24 - you've explained to someone that is NOT an otaku, that anime is not just japanese cartoons like everyone says Everyday, everyday.
25 - you've played the anime version of marco polo (people constantly play this at conventions) Once or twice, haven't in a while though.
26 - you have daydreamed yourself either as an OC (original character) in your favorite anime, or replacing a character in said anime Indeed.
27 - you've been caught reading a volume of manga from behind your math (or any school subject) textbook Many of Times.
28 - you can accurately name 10 or more japanese names and their meanings Yes.
29 - you have made an abridged series or created a fandub of something that was originally in the japanese language Yes.
30 - you know what an AMV stands for Of course.
31 - you have cosplayed from 3 or more anime series/manga titles Not yet.
32 - you can name off your favorite seiyuu in less than 10 seconds Maybe.
33 - you were surprised when you realized how hard this test was No.
34 - you deicded to finish it anyways Yes.
35 - you can remember japanese translations of an anime song without having the lyrics nearby If I've heard it many times.
36 - you can no longer watch anime around your family or friends, its too annoying how emotional you get over it Not really.
37 - you know the anime capital of the world's name and exact location No.
38 - you know the difference between kanji, katakana, romaji, and hiragana are A bit.
39 - you have at least once thought about running away to japan, then realized you have no means to pay for it I had money. xD
40 - you think I'm crazy for making this as long as it iz >D Nah, surveys have been longer.
41 - You can name 1 anime title for every letter of the alphabet (try it... its HARD) I can...but I'll need a reference list. xD
42 - you can name 1 anime character for every letter of the alphabet using only the first letter of their last names Probably, I'll count that as a yes.
43 - you own numerous anime figurines of more than 2 series Yes.
44 - you cried tears of joy when you saw the selection of anime at Akihabara, but then remembered all of it was in japanese I have.
45 - you've bought imported anime and japanese manga before because it never got released in america Yes.
46 - you are an avid video game addict to more than just Naruto video games Yes.
47 - you've contemplated buying a japanese game consel just so you could play the epic games they never released in america (DAM YOU REIGON CODING!!!) We all hate Region Coding, it was created by our corrupted governments.
48 - you have fetishes that are based off of your favorite character (i.e. you hate milk because edward elric hates milk) Lmao, but no.
49 - you can randomly say japanese words in a perfectly legit english sentance (i.e. that song was so kawaii!!) Yes.
50 - you have drawn fanart / written fanfiction before Yes, only fan fics.
51 - you know the difference between an american otaku and a japanese otaku Indeed.
52 - you actually took the time to take this quiz More or Less, about three minutes top.

3- "ph34r th3 1337 k1n6"
7- "IM NOT SHORT"
I'll do it later.

3- "POT PRISM POWER!!!"
I'll do it later; 4's relating to Reborn!, I'm guessing though. 

grade yourself out of 92
results:
1-25 = casual fan
26-55 = fanboy/fangirl
56-78 = obsessed
79-92 = otaku

In red.

Vatanui AKA Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 08:02 PM   #8
KarinxInoFan
Special Jonin Candidate

KarinxInoFan is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

29, thank god. I felt so dirty reading that list of weeabooisms, I think I'm going to have to go take another shower.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:11 PM   #9
2hyper4u AKA Sloth
Special Jonin Candidate

re how long// well it took me about 30 mins or something but it was UBER fun to make =D

re reference demon of a butler// HAI it was from Kuroshitsuji and no I didnt mess up, it was in the English transcription of the 4th chapter in the manga

re reference fanservice-- hibari// HAI Hibari is from Kateikyoushi Hitamn REBORN so it is from that series... though the abridged series never went official
Violets are #0000FF
All of my Base
Are belong to you</poem>

Stalk Me?:

Last edited by 2hyper4u AKA Sloth; 03-02-2010 at 10:43 PM.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:38 PM   #10
shinmarubountyhunter
Cradle Robber

shinmarubountyhunter has a spectacular chakra aura going on.shinmarubountyhunter has a spectacular chakra aura going on.shinmarubountyhunter has a spectacular chakra aura going on.shinmarubountyhunter has a spectacular chakra aura going on.shinmarubountyhunter has a spectacular chakra aura going on.shinmarubountyhunter has a spectacular chakra aura going on.shinmarubountyhunter has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Spoiler:

Quote:

1 - you've seen more than 15 animes no
2 - you've read more than 20 titles of manga no
4 - you know the difference between a graphic novel and volume of manga yes
5 - you knew every classification of manga to date before I gave this list (classifications: shojo, shonen, seinen, josei, lolicon, shotacon, yuri, yaoi, shojo ai, shonen ai, hentai, smut, Ecchi, gender bender, doujinshi and harem) no
6 - you know the correct japanese pronunciation of the more mistaken words (i.e. manga, anime, naruto, kounichiwa, arigatou etc.) yes
7 - I could spat a random sentance in japanese and you would understand 3 words or more whether or not they comply with the sentance (this was originally my idea, please dont steal it D<) yes
8 - you've dreamed about being a mangaka or working in the anime industry more than 5 times yes
9 - it was a different job every time XD yes
10 - you know what the word 'cosplay' means yes
11 - you know the difference between 'cosplay' and 'crossplay; no
12 - you know what the acryonym EGL stands for no
13 - you continously correct people who pronounce manga as "mayn gah" and not "mon gah" (or however its romanized (is lazy)) no
14 - ITS OVER 9000!!! yes
15 - you understood that anime reference yes
16 - you've attended at least 1 anime convention in your history of otaku-ness (comic cons dont count D<) no
17 - you know what "the game" is and you just lost it ;3 np
18 - you understand what a glomp circle is and how to participate in it yea
19 - you no longer accept normal hugs except from shy cosplayers, everything else must be put into glomp or tackle form no
20 - you understand the difference between shonen-ai and yaoi/shojo-ai and yuri no
21 - you know the magical word for hentai tentacle rape yes
22 - you can name the longest title of anime you've watched in, a japanese accent and it sounds D*MN LEGIT. (i.e. higurashi no naku koro ni re ; majin tantei nougami neuro etc.) yes
23 - you're friends aren't surprised when you have a new identity every other day (cosplaying) no
24 - you've explained to someone that is NOT an otaku, that anime is not just japanese cartoons like everyone says no
25 - you've played the anime version of marco polo (people constantly play this at conventions) no
26 - you have daydreamed yourself either as an OC (original character) in your favorite anime, or replacing a character in said anime yes
27 - you've been caught reading a volume of manga from behind your math (or any school subject) textbook yes
28 - you can accurately name 10 or more japanese names and their meanings no
29 - you have made an abridged series or created a fandub of something that was originally in the japanese language no
30 - you know what an AMV stands for no
31 - you have cosplayed from 3 or more anime series/manga titles no
32 - you can name off your favorite seiyuu in less than 10 seconds Yes
33 - you were surprised when you realized how hard this test was yes
34 - you deicded to finish it anyways yes
35 - you can remember japanese translations of an anime song without having the lyrics nearby no
36 - you can no longer watch anime around your family or friends, its too annoying how emotional you get over it yes
37 - you know the anime capital of the world's name and exact location no
38 - you know the difference between kanji, katakana, romaji, and hiragana are yes
39 - you have at least once thought about running away to japan, then realized you have no means to pay for it yes
40 - you think I'm crazy for making this as long as it iz >D yes
41 - You can name 1 anime title for every letter of the alphabet (try it... its HARD) no
42 - you can name 1 anime character for every letter of the alphabet using only the first letter of their last names no
43 - you own numerous anime figurines of more than 2 series yes
44 - you cried tears of joy when you saw the selection of anime at Akihabara, but then remembered all of it was in japanese no
45 - you've bought imported anime and japanese manga before because it never got released in america no
46 - you are an avid video game addict to more than just Naruto video games yes
47 - you've contemplated buying a japanese game consel just so you could play the epic games they never released in america (DAM YOU REIGON CODING!!!) yes
48 - you have fetishes that are based off of your favorite character (i.e. you hate milk because edward elric hates milk) yes
49 - you can randomly say japanese words in a perfectly legit english sentance (i.e. that song was so kawaii!!) yes
50 - you have drawn fanart / written fanfiction before yes
51 - you know the difference between an american otaku and a japanese otaku yes
52 - you actually took the time to take this quiz yes

1- "Who the hell do you think I am?! no
2- "You have just lost the game" no
3- "ph34r th3 1337 k1n6" no
4- "You didnt think I'd grant you that third wish did you?!" no
5- "welcome home, master"no
6- "he's lord death's son?!" Yes
7- "IM NOT SHORT" yes
8- "I am a demon of a butler" no
9- "LET ME FIGHT THE BEARS!!!" no
10- "Lets go find aliens, time travlers and espers so we can HANG OUT with them!" no
12- "You're a terrible slave!!" no

1- "screw the rules I have money" no
2- "someones stuck in the wonderball!" no
3- "POT PRISM POWER!!!" no
4- "Oh my god its fanservic-- I mean Hibari!!" No

grade yourself out of 92
results:
1-25 = casual fan
26-55 = fanboy/fangirl
56-78 = obsessed
79-92 = otaku

31 i suck

Last edited by shinmarubountyhunter; 03-02-2010 at 12:43 PM.
shinmarubountyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:55 PM   #11
2hyper4u AKA Sloth
Special Jonin Candidate

Spoiler:

Quote:

1 - you've seen more than 15 animes yes
2 - you've read more than 20 titles of manga yes
4 - you know the difference between a graphic novel and volume of manga yes this is a play on words, see a graphic novel is any type of book that contains words and pictures (i.e. comic books, picture books etc.) while manga IS techinically a graphic novel and a graphic novel IS manga, the classification for a volume of manga is a serialized bound takoban of Japanese manga or doujinshi, techinically though it depends on the point of view. From the American perspective yes, they are different, though in the Japanese perspective, they are not. I guess its like they are different but they aren't at the same time =P
5 - you knew every classification of manga to date before I gave this list (classifications: shojo, shonen, seinen, josei, lolicon, shotacon, yuri, yaoi, shojo ai, shonen ai, hentai, smut, Ecchi, gender bender, doujinshi and harem) yes
6 - you know the correct japanese pronunciation of the more mistaken words (i.e. manga, anime, naruto, kounichiwa, arigatou etc.) yes
7 - I could spat a random sentance in japanese and you would understand 3 words or more whether or not they comply with the sentance (this was originally my idea, please dont steal it D<) yes
8 - you've dreamed about being a mangaka or working in the anime industry more than 5 times lol yes
9 - it was a different job every time XD yup now its translation and costume design
10 - you know what the word 'cosplay' means hai 'costume play'
11 - you know the difference between 'cosplay' and 'crossplay; cosplay is cosplaying the character the same gender as you, crossplaying is cosplaying a character that is a different gender as you, crossdressing is the cosplay of a character with the opposite gender but crossdresses as the same gender...
12 - you know what the acryonym EGL stands for Elegant Gothic Lolita
13 - you continously correct people who pronounce manga as "mayn gah" and not "mon gah" (or however its romanized (is lazy)) yes
14 - ITS OVER 9000!!! Dragon Ball Z
15 - you understood that anime reference yes
16 - you've attended at least 1 anime convention in your history of otaku-ness (comic cons dont count D<) Aki Con, Chibi Chibi Con, Evergreen Con and more
17 - you know what "the game" is and you just lost it ;3 you cannot think speak hear of or have any relation at all to the game, but the point is to get as many people to play as possible, then whenever you think, hear of, speak of, etc. the game then you have lost it
18 - you understand what a glomp circle is and how to participate in it you stand in a circle wth other participant and one in the middle, the person in the middle throws an empty water bottle in the air and spins it a bit, whoever it points to gets glomped by the person in the middle and goes to the middle themselves
19 - you no longer accept normal hugs except from shy cosplayers, everything else must be put into glomp or tackle form yes
20 - you understand the difference between shonen-ai and yaoi/shojo-ai and yuri shonen/shojo ai is nothing more than a simple kiss, yaoi and yuri are way more explicit (to hentai levels)
21 - you know the magical word for hentai tentacle rape shokushu gokan
22 - you can name the longest title of anime you've watched in, a japanese accent and it sounds D*MN LEGIT. (i.e. higurashi no naku koro ni re ; majin tantei nougami neuro etc.) if I didnt then I wouldn't be accepted by my sensei ;D
23 - you're friends aren't surprised when you have a new identity every other day (cosplaying) yes
24 - you've explained to someone that is NOT an otaku, that anime is not just japanese cartoons like everyone says many times yes
25 - you've played the anime version of marco polo (people constantly play this at conventions) yes YAOI -fangirl scream-
26 - you have daydreamed yourself either as an OC (original character) in your favorite anime, or replacing a character in said anime usually in the car for me =3
27 - you've been caught reading a volume of manga from behind your math (or any school subject) textbook the series was Kateikyoushi Hitman REBORN for me ;D
28 - you can accurately name 10 or more japanese names and their meanings hai!
29 - you have made an abridged series or created a fandub of something that was originally in the japanese language i dub japanese songs from j-pop/ j-rock and anime all the time =3
30 - you know what an AMV stands for anime music video
31 - you have cosplayed from 3 or more anime series/manga titles Fullmetal Alchemist, Death Note and Blood+ were my first 3
32 - you can name off your favorite seiyuu in less than 10 seconds Hiroki Takahashi is mine =3
33 - you were surprised when you realized how hard this test was not really
34 - you deicded to finish it anyways yes
35 - you can remember japanese translations of an anime song without having the lyrics nearby hai!
36 - you can no longer watch anime around your family or friends, its too annoying how emotional you get over it yeah I have to watch it alone nowadays
37 - you know the anime capital of the world's name and exact location I'm pretty sure it's Akihabara Denki Gai, Tokyo Prefecture, Japan
38 - you know the difference between kanji, katakana, romaji, and hiragana are kanji are the characters used from the chinese to represent whole words, hiragana are the characters that are used to represent sounds and syllables, romaji are the Japanese written with the English alphabet and katakana are characters used for translating foreign words to Japanese
39 - you have at least once thought about running away to japan, then realized you have no means to pay for it I has a whole plan devised to it >D
40 - you think I'm crazy for making this as long as it iz >D not really
41 - You can name 1 anime title for every letter of the alphabet (try it... its HARD) umm okay
A - Azumanga Daioh
B - Bleach
C - Chobits
D - Death Note
E - Elfen Lied
F - Fullmetal Alchemist
G - Gunslinger Girl
H - Haruhi Suzumiya no Yuutsu
I - Inuyasha
J - Junjo Romantica (yaoi)
K - K-ON!
L - Lucky Star
M - Mobile Suit Gundam
N - Naruto
O - Ouran High School Host Club
P - Princess Ai
Q - Queensblade
R - Rurouni Kenshin
S - Soul Eater
T - Tsukuyomi Moon Phase
U - Ultra Maniac
V - Vampire Knight
W - Witchblade
X - xxxHolic
Y - Yu-Gi-OH!
Z - Zatch Bell
42 - you can name 1 anime character for every letter of the alphabet using only the first letter of their last names I can but I wont cuz I just did that ^ and I'm too lazy DX
43 - you own numerous anime figurines of more than 2 series Konata from Lucky Star, Len from VOCALOID, Light from Death Note and more
44 - you cried tears of joy when you saw the selection of anime at Akihabara, but then remembered all of it was in japanese XDD ttooottally but I bought some anyways =3
45 - you've bought imported anime and japanese manga before because it never got released in america Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro for me =3
46 - you are an avid video game addict to more than just Naruto video games yeah! Fav so far is Baroque... sooo freaky
47 - you've contemplated buying a japanese game consel just so you could play the epic games they never released in america (DAM YOU REIGON CODING!!!) yeah, PS2 and PSP
48 - you have fetishes that are based off of your favorite character (i.e. you hate milk because edward elric hates milk) I has a hatred of milk and needles cuz of Edward and an ice cream obsession cuz of KAITO LOL
49 - you can randomly say japanese words in a perfectly legit english sentance (i.e. that song was so kawaii!!) I do all the time!
50 - you have drawn fanart / written fanfiction before I has a DeviantArt full of them XD
51 - you know the difference between an american otaku and a japanese otaku the negative part of the word Otaku was not transfered to America, so in Japan, you are only an otaku when you are 100% nerd seriously like cooped up in your room 24/7 only care about anime etc. but in America it just refers to any kind of anime fan...
52 - you actually took the time to take this quiz duh i made it AND took it =3

1- "Who the hell do you think I am?!" Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Simon
2- "You have just lost the game" Death Note, Near
Spoiler:
(Nate River)

3- "ph34r th3 1337 k1n6" MegaTokyo, Largo
4- "You didnt think I'd grant you that third wish did you?!" Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni, Shion Sonozaki
5- "welcome home, master" Maid Sama!, Misaki Ayuzawa
6- "he's lord death's son?!" Soul Eater, Black Star and Soul
7- "IM NOT SHORT" Fullmetal Alchemist, Edward Elric
8- "I am a devil of a butler" Kuroshitsuji (Black Butler), Sebastian Michealis
9- "LET ME FIGHT THE BEARS!!!" Kateikyoshi Hitman REBORN, Ryohei Sasagawa
10- "Lets go find aliens, time travlers and espers so we can HANG OUT with them!" Haruhi Suzumiya no Yuutsu, Haruhi Suzumiya
11- "I wake up every morning hoping that my body is still in tact" Gunslinger Girl, Rico
12- "You're a terrible slave!!" Tsukuyomi Moon Phase, Hazuki

1- "screw the rules I have money" Yu Gi OH! Abridged, Seto Kaiba
2- "someones stuck in the wonderball!" NARUTO abridged, Naruto
3- "POT PRISM POWER!!!" The Abridging of Haruhi Suzumiya, Itsuki Koizumi
4- "Oh my god its fanservic-- I mean Hibari!!" Katekyo Hitman REBORN abridged, Sawada Tsunayoshi

grade yourself out of 92
results:
1-25 = casual fan
26-55 = fanboy/fangirl
56-78 = obsessed
79-92 = otaku

92 for me, but I made the quiz so it totally doesnt count =3

here are my results and the answers to the more trivial questions =3
Violets are #0000FF
All of my Base
Are belong to you</poem>

Stalk Me?:

Last edited by 2hyper4u AKA Sloth; 03-04-2010 at 11:09 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 09:40 PM   #12
KarinxInoFan
Special Jonin Candidate

Sloth, you got some of your own questions wrong. The line Sebastian says is, "Because I am a devil of a butler," not demon butler. No character in Black Butler says anything about being a demon butler.

Also, katakana are used for foreign words in the Japanese language. Hiragana are the ones used for Japanese words. Your definition of kanji is fine, but could be expanded upon.

And I'm just assuming here, but I'm guessing you don't know that graphic novels and manga are the exact same thing and are really no different at all...?
Old 03-04-2010, 09:44 PM   #13
2hyper4u AKA Sloth
Special Jonin Candidate

@karinxinofan:
yeah thats why I said even I dont get 100%
I will correct the mistake immediately (musta gotten mixed up lol I was in a hurry cuz I share the comp. with my sis and she was bugging me for it)
but no
see I BOUGHT myself the english first volume of the manga and
Spoiler:
as he is rescuing Ciel, before he kills the man holding him captive he says 'I'm a demon of a butler'
it may not be the original Japanese dialect but its definately in the printed English manga, its a play on words >_>

as for the Graphic Novel vs. Manga thing:
a graphic novel is any book at all that has the pictures and words tied together (i.e. picturebooks, comic books etc.) a manga is a serialized Japanese takoban, manga cannot be anything other than that
its also a play on words =P
manga IS a graphic novel... a graphic novel can be manga but the words themselves are not the same =3
Violets are #0000FF
All of my Base
Are belong to you</poem>

Stalk Me?:

Last edited by 2hyper4u AKA Sloth; 03-04-2010 at 09:48 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:39 PM   #14
KarinxInoFan
Special Jonin Candidate

I have it too, and I'm looking right at it. It says "Devil" not "Demon" when it's at the closeup of his face Isn't that the scene you meant?

In America, maybe, where manga just refers to Japanese comics. But in Japan, manga refers to all comics. I've spoken to several exchange students and others who have lived in Japan who have testified as such.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:56 PM   #15
2hyper4u AKA Sloth
Special Jonin Candidate

@karinXinofan:
oh well maybe I'm mistaken, anyways its the person and the anime that are being questioned not the reference though thanks for pointing it out ^^

and yeah I mean most of the people here are american fans, and I understand what you mean but I'm American so I'm talking through an American point of view, if theres a problem them I will fix it but for now I'm sure its fine =3
to anyone from Japan who thinks otherwise, please excuse me

plus gimme some slack, I'm only 13 and no where near perfect =<
Violets are #0000FF
All of my Base
Are belong to you</poem>

Stalk Me?:

Old 03-04-2010, 11:04 PM   #16
KarinxInoFan
Special Jonin Candidate

Just want to do my part to support the official translation/what Sebastian really says/etc~

That's true, I just don't want fans going around thinking that manga =/= comics =/= graphic novels without knowing the whole story or anything.

When did you start studying Japanese, by the way?
Old 03-04-2010, 11:08 PM   #17
2hyper4u AKA Sloth
Special Jonin Candidate

@karinxinofan:
yeah that makes sense =3

this year lol, mid-Janurary I think =P so not all of its going to be spot on
I'd like to thank you for correcting me though =3
Violets are #0000FF
All of my Base
Are belong to you</poem>

Stalk Me?:

Old 03-04-2010, 11:18 PM   #18
KarinxInoFan
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
@karinxinofan:
yeah that makes sense =3

this year lol, mid-Janurary I think =P so not all of its going to be spot on
I'd like to thank you for correcting me though =3
Oh, that's cool. Through school, or just on your own?
I ask because I'm also taking Japanese at the moment; I like hearing from other students :3
Old 03-05-2010, 10:50 AM   #19
2hyper4u AKA Sloth
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarinxInoFan View Post
Oh, that's cool. Through school, or just on your own?
I ask because I'm also taking Japanese at the moment; I like hearing from other students :3
ah on my own
I asked my school if they provided Japanese but the only east asian language course they teach is Mandarin Chinese... blech
I hope they provide it once I get into high school cuz I need to catch up to mah cosplay partner (just got accepted into a Japanese university and he's only 16) DARN YOU KONA
Violets are #0000FF
All of my Base
Are belong to you</poem>

Stalk Me?:

Old 03-05-2010, 01:06 PM   #20
KarinxInoFan
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
ah on my own
I asked my school if they provided Japanese but the only east asian language course they teach is Mandarin Chinese... blech
I hope they provide it once I get into high school cuz I need to catch up to mah cosplay partner (just got accepted into a Japanese university and he's only 16) DARN YOU KONA
I really enjoy my Japanese class, so I hope your school will have one! I know I would never be able to understand most grammar points, the te forms of u verbs, etc on my own @_@

Tags
anime, manga, otaku, quiz, test