Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Manga Discussion > Naruto Manga Archives

Naruto Manga Archives A collection of some of the best theories and discussions that Town Bookstore has to offer.

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2010, 06:15 PM   #121
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Wooster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 38,995
Rep Power: 42
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: The Case For Not Hating Sakura After Chapter 484

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yemen Satoshi View Post
Or, you know, Hinata the thumb twiddler. She's been there for a while, and EVEN had her confess to Naruto which, you'd know if you read other manga (not calling anybody ignorant), is a huge thing if somebody confesses their love to someone.
You mean Kishimoto has created girls and women with a range of characteristics and personalities. That sounds like real women, thus proving my point.

But you're right I'm ignorant with respect to manga. I don't read much else.
Woah I just had a Kurenai moment.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wooster is offline  
Old 02-28-2010, 06:19 PM   #122
Wherner
Freshmen Academy Student
 
Wherner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 27
Rep Power: 0
Wherner is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: The Case For Not Hating Sakura After Chapter 484

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3littlepigs View Post
Hiding the fact of what Sasuke's doing? I have no idea what you mean...isn't he a complete psycho by now who doesn't mind killing even innocent people just to get "revenge" on the world for how terrible his life turned out?

I don't think Kishi's a sexist but he did say from the very beginning he had no idea how to create a good heroine for his story. He wasn't even sure what kind of rival he had to create for Naruto. All he knew was that he got inspired by Goku from Dragon Ball and based Naruto on that. Also if he was sexist then neither the 5th Hokage or current Mizukage would be women.
More people are complaining about Sakura rather than complaining about Sasuke. It's on anime boards and manga sites all around. Hardly anyone is talking about Sasuke. For example: "Sasuke is a villan, its how he's supposed to be."

Can he really make up for what he did to Sakura and what he made Sasuke do to Karin?
Wherner is offline  
Old 02-28-2010, 06:23 PM   #123
3littlepigs
P-Chan
 
3littlepigs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,625
Rep Power: 0
3littlepigs is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: The Case For Not Hating Sakura After Chapter 484

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wherner View Post
More people are complaining about Sakura rather than complaining about Sasuke. It's on anime boards and manga sites all around. Hardly anyone is talking about Sasuke. For example: "Sasuke is a villan, its how he's supposed to be."

Can he really make up for what he did to Sakura and what he made Sasuke do to Karin?
Because those of us who complain about Sasuke on a regular basis need a break every once in a while! besides Sakura messed things up even worse than Sasuke normally does.

I'm sure Sasuke lovers would never criticize him anyway and are using Sakura's stupidity as a chance to get all negative attention away from Sasuke but believe me that's not how it is with me. I can actually complain and dislike both of them at the same time ...only Sakura's actions had more effect than Sasuke's during this past two chapters IMO.

Who? Kishi? Well he doesn't need to make up for anything...he's the author he can do whatever he wants with the story. Even if it pisses some people off...and what did he do to Sakura anyway?
3littlepigs is offline  
Old 02-28-2010, 06:26 PM   #124
Wherner
Freshmen Academy Student
 
Wherner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 27
Rep Power: 0
Wherner is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: The Case For Not Hating Sakura After Chapter 484

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yemen Satoshi View Post
Or, you know, Hinata the thumb twiddler. She's been there for a while, and EVEN had her confess to Naruto which, you'd know if you read other manga (not calling anybody ignorant), is a huge thing if somebody confesses their love to someone.
The result: She gets seriously injured from Pain. It made all of her confessing look embarrasing and lame.
Wherner is offline  
Old 02-28-2010, 06:36 PM   #125
3littlepigs
P-Chan
 
3littlepigs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,625
Rep Power: 0
3littlepigs is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: The Case For Not Hating Sakura After Chapter 484

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wherner View Post
The result: She gets seriously injured from Pain. It made all of her confessing look embarrasing and lame.
Really? I didn't think so...I thought her confession was so full of love and honesty. She truly loves Naruto and it's a very selfless love IMO. I was only disappointed that Kishi didn't take the time to show Naruto at least thanking her for trying to save him or at least address her feelings for him.
3littlepigs is offline  
Old 02-28-2010, 06:39 PM   #126
C4 Karura
Special Jonin Candidate
 
C4 Karura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Forum Moon
Posts: 4,577
Rep Power: 10
C4 Karura is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: The Case For Not Hating Sakura After Chapter 484

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3littlepigs View Post
Sakura doesn't even know what a Susano'o is! and she was busy healing Karin when Sasuke used it on Kakashi. My point exactly! what kind of a shinobi (one who trained under a Hokage if I might add) doesn't think before she acts and disobeys orders from a superior purely for personal reasons? Oh and she never knows how she'll react to anything! she wasn't the right one to try and kill Sasuke but she's too proud to admit that to herself. She should learn a thing or two from Naruto about being honest with yourself...maybe then she could exploit her hidden potential as a Kunoichi?
Ok, we seem to still be making the same cases for the same things, but here's what I said to Wooster, that makes all the other cases irrelevent:

Here's the new case I thought of: Not only is her stopping out-of-character, it's also incredibly unrealistic. When she runs down what must be at least 100 feet of bridge side, hurries along the underside of a bridge, and then drops 15 feet to the water below her, she's going to be so pumped with adrenaline, she's wouldn't able to focus on anything other than her goal, to stab Sasuke. She's not going to suddenly reminisce about old memories in the middle of that. Everyone blames Sakura for not thinking about whether she could do it beforehand, but you can't really blame her, given how ridiculous the idea is that she would suddenly rethink things in the heat of battle. If she had thought, before she jumped off the bridge, "Wait, what if I suddenly start thinking about old memories the second before I stab him, endangering me and Kakashi?", she would have immeaditely disregarded it as impossible. It's just not something that happens. You can't blame her for not thinking it would.


When Naruto disobeyed Kakashi, it's becuase he knew better than him. When Sakura disobeyed Kakashi, it's becuase she knew better than him. He sent her away becuase Karin, thier source of Akatsuki information, was nearly dead, and needed immeadite care. He also knew Sakura was useless in a head-to-head fight with Sasuke. However, after she had healed Karin, she saw a genuine chance to assasinate Sasuke and help Kakashi, and she took it. The circumstances were different than what he was worried about. If she had killed Sasuke, which is what would have realistically happened (due to the ardeneline), he would have been mad she disobeyed orders, but he also would have been proud of her.


Please read the entire debate between me and Wooster, as we already covered most of the things you're probably thinking of.
__________________
Quote:
Tenten's ability is using a lot of weapons at once. However, in a series like Naruto, this is a rather dull ability since somehow actual weapons don't work on them. Even "normal" characters like Iruka can get impaled with windmill shurikens and still move. Normal weapons in Naruto are used simply to buy some time.

Perhaps if she had Shikamaru's intelligence then she wouldn't have to waste all those weapons.

Unless I'm mistaken the only character she beat was herself. :/
C4 Karura is offline  
Old 02-28-2010, 06:40 PM   #127
Wherner
Freshmen Academy Student
 
Wherner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 27
Rep Power: 0
Wherner is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: The Case For Not Hating Sakura After Chapter 484

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3littlepigs View Post
Really? I didn't think so...I thought her confession was so full of love and honesty. She truly loves Naruto and it's a very selfless love IMO. I was only disappointed that Kishi didn't take the time to show Naruto at least thanking her for trying to save him or at least address her feelings for him.
He made the whole thing look pointless. Even though she said all of that, she just gets knocked out. He could of at least given her a chance to damage him at least a little. She got pushed back just like how a strong current can easily push around a little child.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3littlepigs View Post
Because those of us who complain about Sasuke on a regular basis need a break every once in a while! besides Sakura messed things up even worse than Sasuke normally does.

I'm sure Sasuke lovers would never criticize him anyway and are using Sakura's stupidity as a chance to get all negative attention away from Sasuke but believe me that's not how it is with me. I can actually complain and dislike both of them at the same time ...only Sakura's actions had more effect than Sasuke's during this past two chapters IMO.

Who? Kishi? Well he doesn't need to make up for anything...he's the author he can do whatever he wants with the story. Even if it pisses some people off...and what did he do to Sakura anyway?
So your saying that Sakura not being able to kill sasuke/lying to Naruto/putting people to sleep so she can try to kill Sasuke herself is worse than Sasuke trying to kill Karin/attempting to kill Sakura and all the other stuff Sasuke has done in the much previous chapters?

Your right, he can do whatever he wants. But whatever he does it can affect his viewers. To Sakura, he made people dislike her because of what she did in the previous chapters. It's the author that makes the character do things, not the character.

Last edited by Wherner; 02-28-2010 at 06:46 PM.
Wherner is offline  
Old 02-28-2010, 06:54 PM   #128
3littlepigs
P-Chan
 
3littlepigs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,625
Rep Power: 0
3littlepigs is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: The Case For Not Hating Sakura After Chapter 484

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4 Karura View Post
Ok, we seem to still be making the same cases for the same things, but here's what I said to Wooster, that makes all the other cases irrelevent:

Here's the new case I thought of: Not only is her stopping out-of-character, it's also incredibly unrealistic. When she runs down what must be at least 100 feet of bridge side, hurries along the underside of a bridge, and then drops 15 feet to the water below her, she's going to be so pumped with adrenaline, she's wouldn't able to focus on anything other than her goal, to stab Sasuke. She's not going to suddenly reminisce about old memories in the middle of that. Everyone blames Sakura for not thinking about whether she could do it beforehand, but you can't really blame her, given how ridiculous the idea is that she would suddenly rethink things in the heat of battle. If she had thought, before she jumped off the bridge, "Wait, what if I suddenly start thinking about old memories the second before I stab him, endangering me and Kakashi?", she would have immeaditely disregarded it as impossible. It's just not something that happens. You can't blame her for not thinking it would.
This is a manga...and even by Kishi's own standards and his own info unrealistic things happen all the time. I'm used to it by now as it happens with most Sasuke fights.

When Naruto disobeyed Kakashi, it's becuase he knew better than him. When Sakura disobeyed Kakashi, it's becuase she knew better than him. He sent her away becuase Karin, thier source of Akatsuki information, was nearly dead, and needed immeadite care. He also knew Sakura was useless in a head-to-head fight with Sasuke. However, after she had healed Karin, she saw a genuine chance to assasinate Sasuke and help Kakashi, and she took it. The circumstances were different than what he was worried about. If she had killed Sasuke, which is what would have realistically happened (due to the ardeneline), he would have been mad she disobeyed orders, but he also would have been proud of her.

Oh no...there are times when Naruto didn't know better and he messed up. Same goes for Sakura and this time was one of them...it's almost exactly like the first time they met up with Sasuke in Part II and she was careless and Yamato got hurt trying to protect her. If she had killed him then all of this argument would be pointless and we wouldn't even be debating this.
Please read the entire debate between me and Wooster, as we already covered most of the things you're probably thinking of.
Actually I'm too lazy to read all of that..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wherner View Post
He made the whole thing look pointless. Even though she said all of that, she just gets knocked out. He could of at least given her a chance to damage him at least a little. She got pushed back just like how a strong current can easily push around a little child.

So your saying that Sakura not being able to kill sasuke/lying to Naruto/putting people to sleep so she can try to kill Sasuke herself is worse than Sasuke trying to kill Karin/attempting to kill Sakura and all the other stuff Sasuke has done in the much previous chapters?

Your right, he can do whatever he wants. But whatever he does it can affect his viewers. To Sakura, he made people dislike her because of what she did in the previous chapters. It's the author that makes the character do things, not the character.
She did go up against Pain, leader of Akatsuki (well the official leader anyway) and user of the Rinnengan. You do realize that right? it's not like she was trying to protect Naruto from a normal shinobi. I was just surprised that she had the guts to attack and didn't hesitate even if she knew it probably wouldn't work. Not only that but she did save Naruto...seeing her get hurt was the reason Naruto went up to 8 tails.

I'm shocked you're defending Sakura even when a weak Sasuke almost killed her so easily but you criticize Hinata for going up against an Akatsuki. At least Shikamaru and Hinata were loyal enough to Naruto (Shikamaru wanted to intervene and Hinata actually did)...maybe you should use the "strong current" metaphor for Sakura.

No, I'm not. As someone who really dislikes Sasuke and continously criticizes his actions I wouldn't do that. I'm saying people like me are not so easily "shocked" or "surprised" by Sasuke's craziness and stupidity anymore. But we don't see Sakura failing this miserably or putting important and loved characters in danger (Kakashi and Naruto) that often.

It's obvious as readers we can criticize him but that includes criticizing his characters as well just like plot etc. In this case Kishi doesn't seem to like Sakura very much...too bad so we shouldn't judge any characters in the series because they don't make the decisions on their own? that's ridiculous...

Last edited by 3littlepigs; 02-28-2010 at 07:00 PM.
3littlepigs is offline  
Old 02-28-2010, 07:09 PM   #129
Wherner
Freshmen Academy Student
 
Wherner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 27
Rep Power: 0
Wherner is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: The Case For Not Hating Sakura After Chapter 484

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3littlepigs View Post
Actually I'm too lazy to read all of that..

She did go up against Pain, leader of Akatsuki (well the official leader anyway) and user of the Rinnengan. You do realize that right? it's not like she was trying to protect Naruto from a normal shinobi. I was just surprised that she had the guts to attack and didn't hesitate even if she knew it probably wouldn't work. Not only that but she did save Naruto...seeing her get hurt was the reason Naruto went up to 8 tails.

I'm shocked you're defending Sakura even when a weak Sasuke almost killed her so easily but you criticize Hinata for going up against an Akatsuki. At least Shikamaru and Hinata were loyal enough to Naruto (Shikamaru wanted to intervene and Hinata actually did)...maybe you should use the "strong current" metaphor for Sakura.

No, I'm not. As someone who really dislikes Sasuke and continously criticizes his actions I wouldn't do that. I'm saying people like me are not so easily "shocked" or "surprised" by Sasuke's craziness and stupidity anymore. But we don't see Sakura failing this miserably or putting important and loved characters in danger (Kakashi and Naruto) that often.

It's obvious as readers we can criticize him but that includes criticizing his characters as well just like plot etc. In this case Kishi doesn't seem to like Sakura very much...too bad so we shouldn't judge any characters in the series because they don't make the decisions on their own? that's ridiculous...
No, it's not ridiculous. Kishi himself is making the characters act. You said earlier that Kishi can do whatever he want. That's what he's doing right now. Kishi should stop being lazy and make Sakura do at least something. It's getting irritating at how lazy he's been getting. He only makes about 10-20 pages per chapter nowadays even with all of his assistants.

I'm not criticizing Hinata. I'm stating that Kishi made a weak choice to not at least have Hinata punch or even touch Pain before getting injured, and it seemed pointless because she couldn't even hit Pain.

Naruto could have easily turned into his demon form without Hinata. I don't see why he didn't do so earlier.
Wherner is offline  
Old 02-28-2010, 07:26 PM   #130
3littlepigs
P-Chan
 
3littlepigs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,625
Rep Power: 0
3littlepigs is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: The Case For Not Hating Sakura After Chapter 484

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wherner View Post
No, it's not ridiculous. Kishi himself is making the characters act. You said earlier that Kishi can do whatever he want. That's what he's doing right now. Kishi should stop being lazy and make Sakura do at least something. It's getting irritating at how lazy he's been getting. He only makes about 10-20 pages per chapter nowadays even with all of his assistants.

I'm not criticizing Hinata. I'm stating that Kishi made a weak choice to not at least have Hinata punch or even touch Pain before getting injured, and it seemed pointless because she couldn't even hit Pain.

Naruto could have easily turned into his demon form without Hinata. I don't see why he didn't do so earlier.
Exactly, he's the author so for whatever reason he's not making Sakura act more like a true warrior. Readers can still criticize her, some love her some hate her it's the same for all the characters not just Sakura. Most people who were complaining about Sakura this week did so when discussing the latest chapter.

10-20 pages is normal for a weekly manga...didn't you know that? Even if he has assistants and more money now he's only hired to draw that-less than 20 pages every week. I actually prefer that and not over 50 pages but only once a month like Fullmetal Alchemist.

No, Naruto wasn't going to use the fox's chakra because unlike other enemies, Pain actually attacked him mentally and emotionally. Internally Naruto was completely messed up at that point, Pain would have taken him prisoner if it weren't because Hinata got hurt and acted as a trigger for Naruto's anger.
3littlepigs is offline  
Old 02-28-2010, 08:08 PM   #131
Wherner
Freshmen Academy Student
 
Wherner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 27
Rep Power: 0
Wherner is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: The Case For Not Hating Sakura After Chapter 484

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3littlepigs View Post
Exactly, he's the author so for whatever reason he's not making Sakura act more like a true warrior. Readers can still criticize her, some love her some hate her it's the same for all the characters not just Sakura. Most people who were complaining about Sakura this week did so when discussing the latest chapter.

10-20 pages is normal for a weekly manga...didn't you know that? Even if he has assistants and more money now he's only hired to draw that-less than 20 pages every week. I actually prefer that and not over 50 pages but only once a month like Fullmetal Alchemist.

No, Naruto wasn't going to use the fox's chakra because unlike other enemies, Pain actually attacked him mentally and emotionally. Internally Naruto was completely messed up at that point, Pain would have taken him prisoner if it weren't because Hinata got hurt and acted as a trigger for Naruto's anger.
But not as much for Sasuke. Sasuke did much worse than Sakura, as I bring this up again.

Theres about four weeks in a month. So theres been around 18 pages in a Naruto chapter recently. 4x20 = 80 pages Kishi makes roughly around in a month. The author of FMA makes only around 50 pages of FMA roughly around in a month. Only 30 pages off, but: Fullmetal Alchemist is already finished in it's anime and FMA isn't as popular as Naruto. She has created various of other mangas while working on FMA.

He was already angry with Pain with almost completely destroying his village. Why didn't he go with his demon form then? During a fight with Neji, Naruto was badly injured and out of chakra and emotionally put down because of Neji saying "Your a failure" and all that other phrases Neji kept repeating. Naruto managed to turn into his demon fox during that time. Naruto actually got Hinata hurt, because he didn't even try to go into his demon form and could of brought it upon himself to become a prisoner. Hinata had to go in there and say all that stuff about loving him, only to have a embarrasing and unnessacary scene to get herself blown away and badly hurt.

Wherner is offline  
Old 02-28-2010, 08:20 PM   #132
dillydally
Genin
 
dillydally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 302
Rep Power: 11
dillydally is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: The Case For Not Hating Sakura After Chapter 484

I think we all can agree that Sakura didn't kill Sasuke, because Kishi wouldn't allow anyone other than Naruto to kill him
dillydally is offline  
Old 02-28-2010, 08:32 PM   #133
3littlepigs
P-Chan
 
3littlepigs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,625
Rep Power: 0
3littlepigs is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: The Case For Not Hating Sakura After Chapter 484

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wherner View Post
But not as much for Sasuke. Sasuke did much worse than Sakura, as I bring this up again.

Theres about four weeks in a month. So theres been around 18 pages in a Naruto chapter recently. 4x20 = 80 pages Kishi makes roughly around in a month. The author of FMA makes only around 50 pages of FMA roughly around in a month. Only 30 pages off, but: Fullmetal Alchemist is already finished in it's anime and FMA isn't as popular as Naruto. She has created various of other mangas while working on FMA.

He was already angry with Pain with almost completely destroying his village. Why didn't he go with his demon form then? During a fight with Neji, Naruto was badly injured and out of chakra and emotionally put down because of Neji saying "Your a failure" and all that other phrases Neji kept repeating. Naruto managed to turn into his demon fox during that time. Naruto actually got Hinata hurt, because he didn't even try to go into his demon form and could of brought it upon himself to become a prisoner. Hinata had to go in there and say all that stuff about loving him, only to have a embarrasing and unnessacary scene to get herself blown away and badly hurt.
I agree with you, that's what I've been saying...but I guess most of us are getting used to Sasuke doing those sorts of things and messing things up but Sakura doesn't get the chance that often so yeah obviously right now everyone is commenting on her actions.

Fullmetal Alchemist isn't done...neither the manga nor the Anime it's actually just getting good. Also, I merely used it as an example to say I prefer less pages more often than more pages but to have to wait longer especially when there's a good cliffhanger!

You're right Fullmetal isn't Naruto but it's extremely popular. If it wasn't they wouldn't have made an anime series, a movie and years after it was done start on another Anime.

See the thing is, during the fight with Neji, Naruto only needed more chakra to prove his point. All he needed was to defeat Neji anyway possible and prove to him once and for all that not everything is set in stone.

Pain on the other hand didn't use the same approach as Neji or Gaara. He didn't say "you're unable to beat me so that proves you're wrong!" If it had been just that I'm sure Naruto wouldn't have hesitated to go in to tails mode. Instead Pain admitted Naruto was right just like he was and he even encouraged Naruto to tell him a better way to achieve peace if he thought he could do better...for the first time Naruto didn't actually have an answer. It wasn't a matter of strength...if he hadn't been so desperate to end his confusion and pain over Pain's words he wouldn't have tried to remove the seal completely. He was going to release it because when he asked for help in stopping that pain the Kyuubi was the only one to offer him an escape.

Going into tails mode right away just to beat Pain with mere strength would have proven nothing...it wouldn't have made Naruto feel any better or satisfied like he was with Neji. It would have been an immature way of dealing with it....he actually ended up going up to 8 tails but out of desperation not to prove he was right.
3littlepigs is offline  
Old 02-28-2010, 08:53 PM   #134
Wherner
Freshmen Academy Student
 
Wherner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 27
Rep Power: 0
Wherner is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: The Case For Not Hating Sakura After Chapter 484

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillydally View Post
I think we all can agree that Sakura didn't kill Sasuke, because Kishi wouldn't allow anyone other than Naruto to kill him
I don't think Naruto would be able to kill Sasuke. He would probably be just like Sakura.
Wherner is offline  
Old 02-28-2010, 09:37 PM   #135
XxTakumi.UchihaxX
Freshmen Academy Student
 
XxTakumi.UchihaxX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Hidden Leaf Village
Posts: 21
Rep Power: 0
XxTakumi.UchihaxX is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: The Case For Not Hating Sakura After Chapter 484

[...[/quote]
i dnt agree at all.......its her chose in life if she wanna kill then she would but that will piss off alot of naruto fans hating if she did do it so let be nature if she does she does..
XxTakumi.UchihaxX is offline  
Old 02-28-2010, 10:08 PM   #136
XxTakumi.UchihaxX
Freshmen Academy Student
 
XxTakumi.UchihaxX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Hidden Leaf Village
Posts: 21
Rep Power: 0
XxTakumi.UchihaxX is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: The Case For Not Hating Sakura After Chapter 484

No i dnt agree
XxTakumi.UchihaxX is offline  
Old 02-28-2010, 10:20 PM   #137
dillydally
Genin
 
dillydally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 302
Rep Power: 11
dillydally is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: The Case For Not Hating Sakura After Chapter 484

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wherner View Post
I don't think Naruto would be able to kill Sasuke. He would probably be just like Sakura.
I don't mean that Naruto will kill him, but if Sasuke is going to be killed by anyone it will be naruto
dillydally is offline  
Old 03-01-2010, 04:12 PM   #138
C4 Karura
Special Jonin Candidate
 
C4 Karura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Forum Moon
Posts: 4,577
Rep Power: 10
C4 Karura is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: The Case For Not Hating Sakura After Chapter 484

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3littlepigs View Post
This is a manga...and even by Kishi's own standards and his own info unrealistic things happen all the time. I'm used to it by now as it happens with most Sasuke fights.
Yes, it's a manga, and so stuff like her stopping happens. However, she can't have been expected to tell ahead of time that she's going to do something so ridiculous. All her years of training tell her that stuff like that doesn't happen.

Oh no...there are times when Naruto didn't know better and he messed up. Same goes for Sakura and this time was one of them...it's almost exactly like the first time they met up with Sasuke in Part II and she was careless and Yamato got hurt trying to protect her. If she had killed him then all of this argument would be pointless and we wouldn't even be debating this.
The point is, she did know better. Yes, the laws of reality magically screwed up to ruin her plan, but she didn't know that kind of thing can happen evey time Sasuke's in danger. As an expierenced ninja, she knows all about fighting. She knows that she has a chance to kill Sasuke. She knows that she must do it immeaditely. And she knows how adreniline works, so thinking she might be able to stop and rethink things isn't even a blip on her radar. Given any sort of real logic, her decision to go down made sense. She knew what she was doing when she decided to disregard her Sensei's orders.
My point of this is, you can hate Sakura for stopping, even if it is a logical, emotional, and plotwise impossibility, since it did happen anyway. But you can't say that she's selfish, or doesn't think things through.
__________________
Quote:
Tenten's ability is using a lot of weapons at once. However, in a series like Naruto, this is a rather dull ability since somehow actual weapons don't work on them. Even "normal" characters like Iruka can get impaled with windmill shurikens and still move. Normal weapons in Naruto are used simply to buy some time.

Perhaps if she had Shikamaru's intelligence then she wouldn't have to waste all those weapons.

Unless I'm mistaken the only character she beat was herself. :/
C4 Karura is offline  
Old 03-01-2010, 04:18 PM   #139
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Wooster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 38,995
Rep Power: 42
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: The Case For Not Hating Sakura After Chapter 484

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillydally View Post
I think we all can agree that Sakura didn't kill Sasuke, because Kishi wouldn't allow anyone other than Naruto to kill him
But there are many ways Sakura could not have killed Sasuke. He could have used chidori like the Raikage to deflect the blow for example.

Instead, Sakura froze and ended up looking pretty pathetic.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wooster is offline  
Old 03-01-2010, 05:13 PM   #140
Vatanui AKA Pride
has a farm...
WCA
 
Vatanui AKA Pride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: You know what? Dammit, just call me Vat.
Posts: 30,887
Rep Power: 21
Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vatanui AKA Pride completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: The Case For Not Hating Sakura After Chapter 484

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4 Karura View Post
***SPOILERS***

READ THROUGH THE WHOLE THING BEFORE YOU REPLY. SERIOUSLY, SO MANY TIMES, I'LL MAKE A LONG CASE IN MY OP, AND PEOPLE WON'T BOTHER TO READ IT ALL. THEN, THEY MAKE COUNTERARGUMENTS CONTAINING THINGS I 100% PERCENT DISPROVED IN MY OP. IT'S REALLY ANNOYING.


All right, Chapter 484 seems to have unleashed new waves of hatred for Sakura's character. In it, she has the chance to stab Sasuke in the back, and finally end the Sasuke storyline, which stopped being interesting (with few exceptions) about 25 chapters ago. However, she is racked with indecision, and stops less than inch from his back. This has caused about 60% of all Chapter 484-related posts to be whining about Sakura not killing him.
True.
They all seem to revolve around the theme: "Grrr... Sakura's such a crybaby! She's whining about everything! Seriously, MAKE YOUR MIND UP ABOUT SASUKE, YOU LOSER! She needs to die, and soon..."
Partially.
I think this is where they're being completely blind to vast majorities of the recent story, and only noticing the parts that support thier whining. Maybe, if they were actually paying attention, they'd notice how much has changed in the last 35 chapters.
Lol.
For about 175 chapters, from after the Sasori fight to when she decided to kill Sasuke herself, she bacame a pathetic, weak character. When Part 2 started she and Naruto were on the same level. She actually had a fair chance at beating him, if it weren't for Shadow Clone Spamming. Then, after the Sasori fight, she fell out the spotlight completely. She appeared in arcs, for sure, but she stopped doing anything that mattered. Without the constant stream of powerups that the rest of the characters were getting, she quickly fell behind and became a weakling. Then, about 15 chapters ago, she made the decision to kill Sasuke herself, and all of a sudden became a valid character again. However, most people clung to the image they had had of her for the past 3 years, and failed to notice how increasingly great her character was becoming.
The rest, lol? Ino didn't even get a power-up. Neither did Choji, Kiba, or any of the Sannin. Only people who gotten power-ups were the other Konoha 11, who only got one. Sasuke got about ten, Naruto behind him, with Kakashi only getting two or three. Also, consider the other characters, Sakura's not the only one to have fallen out of the spotlights. Increasingly great? Lol, she barely made any development.

Here's my case for why her hesitating to kill Sasuke doesn't make her hateable:

Everything from Page 16 of Chapter 456 onwards takes place on the same day. That's right. The current day in Naruto started back in July 2009. Seven months ago. Now, I could spend a very long time explaining why it's impossible for a day to have passed. However, I'm already spending quite a bit of my time making the "Pro-Sakura" case. Inevitably, someone will say, "Prove it," and when they do, I'll go and make the very long case, but for now I'm just finishing this up.
Alright, what does that have to do with anything?
Anyway, that means that on the morning of this "day", Sakura was in Tsunade's tent with Shizune, until around the time the meeting started. She was still totally convinced (like much of the fandom), that Sasuke could be saved. Then, Sai and Shikamaru came in and explained that Sasuke was going to be killed by the Konaha 11. All her closest friends are telling her (with very persuasive arguments) why it's the best decision to kill Sasuke. The realization that they might be right causes her to break down crying. Even though she has a very good reason to be upset and crying, the fandom instantly decides that this makes her "a crybaby".
Ino cried; yet she decided to grow up and go with the decision as well, instead of Sakura.
She decides to go and talk to Naruto herself, and explain to him that killing Sasuke is a viable option. However, when she sees him, she decides that she has always relied on him him too much, and that it's time to finally do something for him.
Plot moment. And in the end he hyperventilated partially due to her.
Becuase of this, she goes up to him and gives a fake speech in order to help him get over her. She knows that once she kills Sasuke, he'll hate her for doing so. And so she tells him that she no longer wants him to keep the promise he made to her 3 years ago (to bring Sasuke back). She explains that she no longer loves Sasuke, and loves him instead. She does all this becuase she knows it'll make Naruto angry with her, so he'll feel less betrayed when he finds out she killed Sasuke. However, Naruto can tell that she's lying and still loves Sasuke. She fake-storms off, and thinks to herself, "Naruto! I'm sorry!" Then she asks Kiba to find Sasuke for her.
Another crappy plot moment.
As soon as she finds out from Kiba where Sasuke is, she tries to put the rest of her team to sleep. She knows that even with all 4 of them they're still no match for Sasuke. Her only chance is to join his team, and then wait for the right moment to catch him off-guard and kill him. However, if her 3 teammates are with her, then she'll have to kill them before Sasuke will let her join him (if he doesn't kill them himself). So she puts them to sleep for thier own safety.
I agree with this. Only this as of now.
When she reaches Sasuke, her plan seems to be working, until he says she can only join if she kills Karin. She can't get herself to do it, thinking, "She... has nothing to do with this..." She contemplates for a moment trying to kill Sasuke now, so she won't have to kill Karin, but Sasuke can tell, and tries to kill her. (Kakashi manages to show up at exactly the last moment to stop him.)
Plot No Jutsu Moment.
She follows Kakashi's orders to heal Karin, but once that's done, and she's been told by Karin that he's evil ("He's... not the Sasuke you knew anymore."), she realizes she has to help. Despite Kakashi's (and all the fan's) conviction that she's much too weak to do anything against Sasuke, she manages to sneak up on him and has the chance to kill him. But she falters. She stops just short of his back and breaks down sobbing. This gives Sasuke the chance to turn around and almost kill her.
And why did she have to go? Plot Moment again. Why not start sobbing before she made the decision?
Everyone hates Sakura for not killing Sasuke, but let's remember this: For the past 3 years, her entire life has been devoted to saving Sasuke. Then, in an emotionally traumatic 4 or 5 hours, she has to abandon her life goal and try to kill Sasuke instead. Can you really blame her for having a moment of pained doubt before she makes a decision that will affect the rest of her life?
Proves how much she's addicted to him like cocaine, as well as Naruto, Sasuke's ex-boyfriend. Four or five hours, lol. Yes, but she could have done so before recklessly charging into danger and then stopping just at the last moment.

Anyway, I just spent about 2 hours looking up my references and typing this all out, so if you think I did a good job on this, could you give me a Rep Up? It really makes me feel like it was worth it. *gets down repped by 4 people for "asking for rep"* What?! NOOOOOOOO...........
In red.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Vatanui AKA Pride is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.