Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Manga Discussion > Naruto Manga Archives

Naruto Manga Archives A collection of some of the best theories and discussions that Town Bookstore has to offer.

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2010, 05:09 PM   #1
C4 Karura
Special Jonin Candidate
 
C4 Karura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Forum Moon
Posts: 4,577
Rep Power: 10
C4 Karura is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default The Case For Not Hating Sakura After Chapter 484

***SPOILERS***

READ THROUGH THE WHOLE THING BEFORE YOU REPLY. SERIOUSLY, SO MANY TIMES, I'LL MAKE A LONG CASE IN MY OP, AND PEOPLE WON'T BOTHER TO READ IT ALL. THEN, THEY MAKE COUNTERARGUMENTS CONTAINING THINGS I 100% PERCENT DISPROVED IN MY OP. IT'S REALLY ANNOYING.


All right, Chapter 484 seems to have unleashed new waves of hatred for Sakura's character. In it, she has the chance to stab Sasuke in the back, and finally end the Sasuke storyline, which stopped being interesting (with few exceptions) about 25 chapters ago. However, she is racked with indecision, and stops less than inch from his back. This has caused about 60% of all Chapter 484-related posts to be whining about Sakura not killing him.

They all seem to revolve around the theme: "Grrr... Sakura's such a crybaby! She's whining about everything! Seriously, MAKE YOUR MIND UP ABOUT SASUKE, YOU LOSER! She needs to die, and soon..."

I think this is where they're being completely blind to vast majorities of the recent story, and only noticing the parts that support thier whining. Maybe, if they were actually paying attention, they'd notice how much has changed in the last 35 chapters.

For about 175 chapters, from after the Sasori fight to when she decided to kill Sasuke herself, she bacame a pathetic, weak character. When Part 2 started she and Naruto were on the same level. She actually had a fair chance at beating him, if it weren't for Shadow Clone Spamming. Then, after the Sasori fight, she fell out the spotlight completely. She appeared in arcs, for sure, but she stopped doing anything that mattered. Without the constant stream of powerups that the rest of the characters were getting, she quickly fell behind and became a weakling. Then, about 15 chapters ago, she made the decision to kill Sasuke herself, and all of a sudden became a valid character again. However, most people clung to the image they had had of her for the past 3 years, and failed to notice how increasingly great her character was becoming.


Here's my case for why her hesitating to kill Sasuke doesn't make her hateable:

Everything from Page 16 of Chapter 456 onwards takes place on the same day. That's right. The current day in Naruto started back in July 2009. Seven months ago. Now, I could spend a very long time explaining why it's impossible for a day to have passed. However, I'm already spending quite a bit of my time making the "Pro-Sakura" case. Inevitably, someone will say, "Prove it," and when they do, I'll go and make the very long case, but for now I'm just finishing this up.

Anyway, that means that on the morning of this "day", Sakura was in Tsunade's tent with Shizune, until around the time the meeting started. She was still totally convinced (like much of the fandom), that Sasuke could be saved. Then, Sai and Shikamaru came in and explained that Sasuke was going to be killed by the Konaha 11. All her closest friends are telling her (with very persuasive arguments) why it's the best decision to kill Sasuke. The realization that they might be right causes her to break down crying. Even though she has a very good reason to be upset and crying, the fandom instantly decides that this makes her "a crybaby".

She decides to go and talk to Naruto herself, and explain to him that killing Sasuke is a viable option. However, when she sees him, she decides that she has always relied on him him too much, and that it's time to finally do something for him.

Becuase of this, she goes up to him and gives a fake speech in order to help him get over her. She knows that once she kills Sasuke, he'll hate her for doing so. And so she tells him that she no longer wants him to keep the promise he made to her 3 years ago (to bring Sasuke back). She explains that she no longer loves Sasuke, and loves him instead. She does all this becuase she knows it'll make Naruto angry with her, so he'll feel less betrayed when he finds out she killed Sasuke. However, Naruto can tell that she's lying and still loves Sasuke. She fake-storms off, and thinks to herself, "Naruto! I'm sorry!" Then she asks Kiba to find Sasuke for her.

As soon as she finds out from Kiba where Sasuke is, she tries to put the rest of her team to sleep. She knows that even with all 4 of them they're still no match for Sasuke. Her only chance is to join his team, and then wait for the right moment to catch him off-guard and kill him. However, if her 3 teammates are with her, then she'll have to kill them before Sasuke will let her join him (if he doesn't kill them himself). So she puts them to sleep for thier own safety.

When she reaches Sasuke, her plan seems to be working, until he says she can only join if she kills Karin. She can't get herself to do it, thinking, "She... has nothing to do with this..." She contemplates for a moment trying to kill Sasuke now, so she won't have to kill Karin, but Sasuke can tell, and tries to kill her. (Kakashi manages to show up at exactly the last moment to stop him.)

She follows Kakashi's orders to heal Karin, but once that's done, and she's been told by Karin that he's evil ("He's... not the Sasuke you knew anymore."), she realizes she has to help. Despite Kakashi's (and all the fan's) conviction that she's much too weak to do anything against Sasuke, she manages to sneak up on him and has the chance to kill him. But she falters. She stops just short of his back and breaks down sobbing. This gives Sasuke the chance to turn around and almost kill her.

Everyone hates Sakura for not killing Sasuke, but let's remember this: For the past 3 years, her entire life has been devoted to saving Sasuke. Then, in an emotionally traumatic 4 or 5 hours, she has to abandon her life goal and try to kill Sasuke instead. Can you really blame her for having a moment of pained doubt before she makes a decision that will affect the rest of her life?


Anyway, I just spent about 2 hours looking up my references and typing this all out, so if you think I did a good job on this, could you give me a Rep Up? It really makes me feel like it was worth it. *gets down repped by 4 people for "asking for rep"* What?! NOOOOOOOO...........
__________________
Quote:
Tenten's ability is using a lot of weapons at once. However, in a series like Naruto, this is a rather dull ability since somehow actual weapons don't work on them. Even "normal" characters like Iruka can get impaled with windmill shurikens and still move. Normal weapons in Naruto are used simply to buy some time.

Perhaps if she had Shikamaru's intelligence then she wouldn't have to waste all those weapons.

Unless I'm mistaken the only character she beat was herself. :/

Last edited by C4 Karura; 02-26-2010 at 05:12 PM.
C4 Karura is offline  
Old 02-26-2010, 05:17 PM   #2
OnyxBlossom
Special Jonin Candidate
 
OnyxBlossom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Haaaahh?
Posts: 8,082
Rep Power: 13
OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: The Case For Not Hating Sakura After Chapter 484

I totally agree with you C4, and I don't blame Sakura for being a crybaby when at the times she's cried, they've been for important and emotional reasons.

I was glad when she finally got an important role again, and so what if she didn't kill Sasuke? At least she had gotten the courage to at least try. What she's been doing is for the safety and lives of her friends, but people fail to see that, still only seeing the weakling of Team 7.

(Rep up for the awesome post!)
__________________
I should really keep my passwords to myself...


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



OnyxBlossom is offline  
Old 02-26-2010, 05:18 PM   #3
sasukeXuchiha
Special Jonin Candidate
 
sasukeXuchiha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: So I was romping around the Colosseum in 15th Century Rome...What were you doing on 9/11
Posts: 3,125
Rep Power: 10
sasukeXuchiha has completed a tough C-rank mission!sasukeXuchiha has completed a tough C-rank mission!sasukeXuchiha has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Send a message via AIM to sasukeXuchiha Send a message via Yahoo to sasukeXuchiha Send a message via Skype™ to sasukeXuchiha
Default Re: The Case For Not Hating Sakura After Chapter 484

Hn...very amazing and right along my thoughts. You pinpoint what alot of fans *half being narusaku or someother couple Others Sakura haters* Fail to realize is that shes doing all this for everyone but herself. Shes making sure no one dies by Sasukes hands and she hopes to stop him cuz she loves him. She loves him so muc hshe cant even kill him twice. Its not cuz Im a Sasusaku fan for pointing this out this is just a theory. When shes thinking in her mind the flashback shes bout to say I love you but instead after she says I twice his thank you comes up revealing to her I think that his thank you meant he loved her back thus her stopping. I want to see one of you kill the person you love more than anything EVEN if they were a real threat to everyone else. I sure as hell couldnt do it Thats why I dont hate Sakura. Very Well Written And Rep Up Indeed for the amazing work
__________________


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


"Si vis pacem, para bellum." "Veritas Aequitas"


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

sasukeXuchiha is offline  
Old 02-26-2010, 05:54 PM   #4
mrsticky005
 
mrsticky005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In the White Text House
Posts: 14,109
Rep Power: 27
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: The Case For Not Hating Sakura After Chapter 484

Don't you get it?

We have an irrational hatred for Sakura

"Why do you keep existing, Sakura!!!"
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Spam once and the forum will be annoyed.
Spam twice and warnings will be deployed
Spam thrice and a infraction you will receive
Spam 8,984 times and a FAIL Agent you''ll soon be.

...At least in my case.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mrsticky005 is offline  
Old 02-26-2010, 06:14 PM   #5
C4 Karura
Special Jonin Candidate
 
C4 Karura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Forum Moon
Posts: 4,577
Rep Power: 10
C4 Karura is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: The Case For Not Hating Sakura After Chapter 484

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky005 View Post
Don't you get it?

We have an irrational hatred for Sakura

"Why do you keep existing, Sakura!!!"
LOL! ...Wait, are you serious?
__________________
Quote:
Tenten's ability is using a lot of weapons at once. However, in a series like Naruto, this is a rather dull ability since somehow actual weapons don't work on them. Even "normal" characters like Iruka can get impaled with windmill shurikens and still move. Normal weapons in Naruto are used simply to buy some time.

Perhaps if she had Shikamaru's intelligence then she wouldn't have to waste all those weapons.

Unless I'm mistaken the only character she beat was herself. :/
C4 Karura is offline  
Old 02-26-2010, 06:27 PM   #6
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Wooster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 38,992
Rep Power: 42
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: The Case For Not Hating Sakura After Chapter 484

I have said this before and you have probably seen it but...

This isn't twiddlywinks of horseshoes, close isn't good enough. I agree Saskura's plan was impressive and flawless, which is why I assumed she couldn't be stupid enough to think killing Sasuke by herself was a good idea. Rather, she thought she could change his mind. I guess I was wrong.

I don't think Sasuke saw her hestitation, he was just going to kill her. I don't blame Sakura too much for this attempt, Sasuke was probably well beyond what she imagined he would be.

But the second time was just awful. She completely snuck up on Sasuke and could have killed him. I have no problem if Sakura can't bring herself to kill Sasuke. Naruto and Kakashi have the same problem, but she should know her own mind before she attempts to kill Sasuke. In this case, she is a danger to herself and others. Naruto only got a scratch on his cheek, but it could have been worse.

Then again, I don't hate Sakura. Her personality isn't my type, but Naruto really likes her, so I like her for his sake. Really I am just disappointed with her. She could be so much better.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wooster is offline  
Old 02-26-2010, 06:29 PM   #7
NaruHina fan
Genin
 
NaruHina fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 302
Rep Power: 10
NaruHina fan is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: The Case For Not Hating Sakura After Chapter 484

it's not that sakura can't kill sasuke when she has a chance it's kishi giving sasuke plot armour stronger then any plot armour in the history of fiction
NaruHina fan is offline  
Old 02-26-2010, 06:54 PM   #8
C4 Karura
Special Jonin Candidate
 
C4 Karura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Forum Moon
Posts: 4,577
Rep Power: 10
C4 Karura is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: The Case For Not Hating Sakura After Chapter 484

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
I have said this before and you have probably seen it but...

This isn't twiddlywinks of horseshoes, close isn't good enough. I agree Saskura's plan was impressive and flawless, which is why I assumed she couldn't be stupid enough to think killing Sasuke by herself was a good idea. Rather, she thought she could change his mind. I guess I was wrong.

I don't think Sasuke saw her hestitation, he was just going to kill her. I don't blame Sakura too much for this attempt, Sasuke was probably well beyond what she imagined he would be.

But the second time was just awful. She completely snuck up on Sasuke and could have killed him. I have no problem if Sakura can't bring herself to kill Sasuke. Naruto and Kakashi have the same problem, but she should know her own mind before she attempts to kill Sasuke. In this case, she is a danger to herself and others. Naruto only got a scratch on his cheek, but it could have been worse.

Then again, I don't hate Sakura. Her personality isn't my type, but Naruto really likes her, so I like her for his sake. Really I am just disappointed with her. She could be so much better.
@ 4th Paragraph: I know. When I saw the panel where she stopped right before killing him, I was like, "NOOOOO!!!"

@ 3rd Paragraph: You might be right.
__________________
Quote:
Tenten's ability is using a lot of weapons at once. However, in a series like Naruto, this is a rather dull ability since somehow actual weapons don't work on them. Even "normal" characters like Iruka can get impaled with windmill shurikens and still move. Normal weapons in Naruto are used simply to buy some time.

Perhaps if she had Shikamaru's intelligence then she wouldn't have to waste all those weapons.

Unless I'm mistaken the only character she beat was herself. :/
C4 Karura is offline  
Old 02-26-2010, 09:05 PM   #9
3littlepigs
P-Chan
 
3littlepigs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,625
Rep Power: 0
3littlepigs is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: The Case For Not Hating Sakura After Chapter 484

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4 Karura View Post
Then, about 15 chapters ago, she made the decision to kill Sasuke herself, and all of a sudden became a valid character again. However, most people clung to the image they had had of her for the past 3 years, and failed to notice how increasingly great her character was becoming.

Anyway, that means that on the morning of this "day", Sakura was in Tsunade's tent with Shizune, until around the time the meeting started. She was still totally convinced (like much of the fandom), that Sasuke could be saved. Then, Sai and Shikamaru came in and explained that Sasuke was going to be killed by the Konaha 11. All her closest friends are telling her (with very persuasive arguments) why it's the best decision to kill Sasuke. The realization that they might be right causes her to break down crying. Even though she has a very good reason to be upset and crying, the fandom instantly decides that this makes her "a crybaby".

She decides to go and talk to Naruto herself, and explain to him that killing Sasuke is a viable option. However, when she sees him, she decides that she has always relied on him him too much, and that it's time to finally do something for him.

Everyone hates Sakura for not killing Sasuke, but let's remember this: For the past 3 years, her entire life has been devoted to saving Sasuke. Then, in an emotionally traumatic 4 or 5 hours, she has to abandon her life goal and try to kill Sasuke instead. Can you really blame her for having a moment of pained doubt before she makes a decision that will affect the rest of her life?
Ok First I did read all of that (just in case you're wondering). Second here we go again.... ( and I honestly don't think it's been just 4 or 5 hours that's pretty much impossible but I do agree with you it hasn't been that long for Sakura since she realized Naruto's feelings for her etc...)

I will say I did notice how she changed from Part I to Part II and then again after she found out about Sasuke being a wanted criminal and Sai telling her about Naruto's feelings. Still, I'm one of those calling her a cry-baby and a pretty much useless Kunoichi at the moment (I'm not talking about her as a medical ninja since she's extremely talented at it). The truth is if she can't help then she should get out of the way and let others handle Sasuke. That would be the mature way of handling things and of proving she's changing as a person.

You're saying she initially went to see Naruto with the intent of telling him that it's ok to kill Sasuke? honestly if she only intended to tell him the truth if he agreed to not try and save Sasuke anymore and she knew beforehand how he would react to her feeding him a bunch of lies about loving him and what not, then that means she never intended to tell him the truth from the moment she left the village. Even Yamato himself said that...

Can we also remember that she's not the only who was trying to "save" Sasuke? Naruto was too and yet you don't see him causing trouble for anybody or almost getting others killed because of that. Also nobody told her she had to kill Sasuke...Sai merely told her she relied to much on Naruto and how Naruto felt for her. In other words he told her how selfish she's been with Naruto and that all of them should do something about Sasuke not just Naruto. However if you look at Ino for example (who was also crying like a maniac for "poor Sasuke!" ) she didn't go or even try to go (or more like nobody would have sent her anyway) because emotionally she couldn't do anything...now I really disliked Ino for that but if Sakura wasn't emotionally prepared to change her idea of Sasuke and then do what she set out to do then she shouldn't have acted like she was.

Look at Naruto, everyone's been pressing him like crazy about Sasuke...everyone with their own opinions or suggestions but there's a reason why he hasn't come to a decision regarding Sasuke yet. Because he's not mentally and emotionally ready to come to a decision and he recognizes that.

I guess the main reason why I was so pissed off at Sakura this last two chapters is because when she said she was going to change and when she decided to kill Sasuke herself I actually admired her for it. And then what? her indecision almost got Kakashi killed! Not only that but if she already realized that she can't assimilate the "new" Sasuke why did she have to go back and put herself in danger? I mean how is she not useless? Kakashi just saved her and asked her to please get out of the way because she was obviously not capable of doing anything emotionally and mentally and yet she went right back in the fight and put herself in danger. Honestly if it weren't for her shock when Sasuke grabbed her by the throat I would have assumed she was suicidal...all of a sudden she wants to stop relying too much on Naruto and do things herself but instead she ended up getting saved twice in less than 20 min and in both situations she could have gotten Kakashi and Naruto killed because "she hesitated"...

Now watch she'll interrupt Naruto and get herself in a dangerous position again and you'll still say she's not "useless" or a "cry-baby". (Also most of your argument wasn't really an argument...it was just a big summary of I don't know how many chapters...it didn't really prove anything as to why she's not useless, etc...)
3littlepigs is offline  
Old 02-26-2010, 09:11 PM   #10
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Wooster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 38,992
Rep Power: 42
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: The Case For Not Hating Sakura After Chapter 484

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3littlepigs View Post
Ok First I did read all of that (just in case you're wondering). Second here we go again.... ( and I honestly don't think it's been just 4 or 5 hours that's pretty much impossible but I do agree with you it hasn't been that long for Sakura since she realized Naruto's feelings for her etc...)

You just love crushing those worthless kunochi don't you?
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wooster is offline  
Old 02-26-2010, 09:17 PM   #11
3littlepigs
P-Chan
 
3littlepigs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,625
Rep Power: 0
3littlepigs is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: The Case For Not Hating Sakura After Chapter 484

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
You just love crushing those worthless kunochi don't you?
lol Well now that you mention it, it looks that way...at least I have nothing against Hinata. Honestly in most of the mangas and Anime I read/watch the heroines are useless...it sucks since I'm a woman but it's the truth. The only one I can think of right off the bat is Erza from Fairy Tail, now she's awesome and useful!!!
3littlepigs is offline  
Old 02-26-2010, 09:24 PM   #12
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Wooster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 38,992
Rep Power: 42
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: The Case For Not Hating Sakura After Chapter 484

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3littlepigs View Post
lol Well now that you mention it, it looks that way...at least I have nothing against Hinata. Honestly in most of the mangas and Anime I read/watch the heroines are useless...it sucks since I'm a woman but it's the truth. The only one I can think of right off the bat is Erza from Fairy Tail, now she's awesome and useful!!!
Well that what you get for reading manga. Now M'lady is a powerful woman character. Totally evil, vile, maniacal and ruthless, but you couldn't call her useless. She kept the Three Musketeers in fits.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wooster is offline  
Old 02-26-2010, 09:27 PM   #13
3littlepigs
P-Chan
 
3littlepigs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,625
Rep Power: 0
3littlepigs is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: The Case For Not Hating Sakura After Chapter 484

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
Well that what you get for reading manga. Now M'lady is a powerful woman character. Totally evil, vile, maniacal and ruthless, but you couldn't call her useless. She kept the Three Musketeers in fits.
lol I actually do read books and not just manga you know...I was merely referring to the fact that in most manga/anime the girl characters are just a bother...
3littlepigs is offline  
Old 02-26-2010, 09:38 PM   #14
mrsticky005
 
mrsticky005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: In the White Text House
Posts: 14,109
Rep Power: 27
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: The Case For Not Hating Sakura After Chapter 484

Something I DO like about Sakura...

Every time she just fails as a character

It's reverse inspiration for me as a comic writer and helps me to write better female
characters by not having them making the same mistakes as characters like Sakura.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Spam once and the forum will be annoyed.
Spam twice and warnings will be deployed
Spam thrice and a infraction you will receive
Spam 8,984 times and a FAIL Agent you''ll soon be.

...At least in my case.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mrsticky005 is offline  
Old 02-26-2010, 09:55 PM   #15
*Talim of the moonlight*
Veteran Chunin
 
*Talim of the moonlight*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: ♥Stalking Sasuke because it's what i do best =D ♥
Posts: 1,415
Rep Power: 10
*Talim of the moonlight* is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: The Case For Not Hating Sakura After Chapter 484

You know, i don't blame Sakura either, because i think i would have did the same thing if i were in her situation. You also have to understand that Sasuke was the boy she was madly in love with. Just to think she was getting ready to kill him, and she had to have also known how Naruto would have felt when he found out. Actually that wouldnt have been no time soon because he was like right there in time to save Sakura from Sasuke.
__________________
♫♥~I adopted Chibi Samui~♥☼

Im not a 5 star Chick. Ima Galaxy Chick.✿◕‿◕✿

Best Forum Sister Ever: ♥○Ellie ○♥

Ma Crazy Fangirl: ♫ deidara fangirl1 ♫
Rival: Matsuro
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mangagirl's Guardian!
I Lubs The R@!nb0w.^.~

Yea..Just to Answer Your Question..I am a Fangirl Of Sasuke...And I'm Proud Of It Too!


Last edited by *Talim of the moonlight*; 02-26-2010 at 09:57 PM.
*Talim of the moonlight* is offline  
Old 02-27-2010, 08:00 AM   #16
Err
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: I liek cake!
Posts: 6,084
Rep Power: 13
Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: The Case For Not Hating Sakura After Chapter 484

Sakura's high. She doesn't know what she's doing. She needs to leave Sasuke alone and team up with her team to take down Sasuke or at least restrain him.
__________________
Quote:
To further the point, we are a social species because we are interdependent. You could count on your hand how many people in a millennium can get by with absolutely no help from anyone else ever. Yet we never work together. That's why ants will eventually bring us down.
Err is offline  
Old 02-27-2010, 08:05 AM   #17
C4 Karura
Special Jonin Candidate
 
C4 Karura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Forum Moon
Posts: 4,577
Rep Power: 10
C4 Karura is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: The Case For Not Hating Sakura After Chapter 484

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3littlepigs View Post
Ok First I did read all of that (just in case you're wondering). Second here we go again.... ( and I honestly don't think it's been just 4 or 5 hours that's pretty much impossible but I do agree with you it hasn't been that long for Sakura since she realized Naruto's feelings for her etc...)

I will say I did notice how she changed from Part I to Part II and then again after she found out about Sasuke being a wanted criminal and Sai telling her about Naruto's feelings. Still, I'm one of those calling her a cry-baby (HOW is she a crybaby? She's had a pretty emotionally wrecking day. I say she deserves to cry, after what she's been through.) and a pretty much useless Kunoichi at the moment (I'm not talking about her as a medical ninja since she's extremely talented at it). The truth is if she can't help then she should get out of the way and let others handle Sasuke. (Back when Naruto was weak, he did exactly what you're saying is wrong. But I bet you're not judging him. It's just becuase you don't like Sakura as a character that you're viewing her actions in a negative light.)That would be the mature way of handling things and of proving she's changing as a person.

You're saying she initially went to see Naruto with the intent of telling him that it's ok to kill Sasuke? honestly if she only intended to tell him the truth if he agreed to not try and save Sasuke anymore and she knew beforehand how he would react to her feeding him a bunch of lies about loving him and what not, then that means she never intended to tell him the truth from the moment she left the village. Even Yamato himself said that...
Hmm... Maybe she decided sooner than seeing him to give the fake speech. Good point.
Can we also remember that she's not the only who was trying to "save" Sasuke? Naruto was too and yet you don't see him causing trouble for anybody or almost getting others killed because of that. Also nobody told her she had to kill Sasuke...Sai merely told her she relied to much on Naruto and how Naruto felt for her. In other words he told her how selfish she's been with Naruto and that all of them should do something about Sasuke not just Naruto. She knew that she wouldn't be able to get Naruto to change his mind. That's why she decided on the best way to kill Sasuke without Naruto: infiltrating his team. After all, even with the Konoha 10 combined, they still wouldn't stand a chance against Sasuke. However if you look at Ino for example (who was also crying like a maniac for "poor Sasuke!" ) she didn't go or even try to go (or more like nobody would have sent her anyway) because emotionally she couldn't do anything...now I really disliked Ino for that but if Sakura wasn't emotionally prepared to change her idea of Sasuke and then do what she set out to do then she shouldn't have acted like she was.

Look at Naruto, everyone's been pressing him like crazy about Sasuke...everyone with their own opinions or suggestions but there's a reason why he hasn't come to a decision regarding Sasuke yet. Because he's not mentally and emotionally ready to come to a decision and he recognizes that.
She thought she was ready. It was only at the last moment that she had a meltdown.

I guess the main reason why I was so pissed off at Sakura this last two chapters is because when she said she was going to change and when she decided to kill Sasuke herself I actually admired her for it. And then what? her indecision almost got Kakashi killed! Not only that but if she already realized that she can't assimilate the "new" Sasuke why did she have to go back and put herself in danger? I mean how is she not useless?
Why does everyone keep on saying that she's useless and too weak fight Sasuke? Back in the beginning of the series, Kakashi said that, as a ninja, it's important not to do head-to-head fighting, but be able to sneak up on the enemy and kill them. Even though Sakura was too weak to beat him in a head-to-head fight, she could use her skills as a ninja to sneak up on him and kill him. She knew she would be able to do that, and she did. The only problem was her hesitation. So stop saying she's useless in a fight against Sasuke. This chapter has clearly proved otherwise. Kakashi just saved her and asked her to please get out of the way because she was obviously not capable of doing anything emotionally and mentally and yet she went right back in the fight and put herself in danger. Honestly if it weren't for her shock when Sasuke grabbed her by the throat I would have assumed she was suicidal...all of a sudden she wants to stop relying too much on Naruto and do things herself but instead she ended up getting saved twice in less than 20 min and in both situations she could have gotten Kakashi and Naruto killed because "she hesitated"...
Really, it was more of Plot no Jutsu that caused her to abandon 30 chapters of character development, and falter at the worst possible moment. After all, if she had killed him, then Naruto wouldn't have been able to fight him. And god forbid someone other than Naruto might be the one to kill Sasuke.
Now watch she'll interrupt Naruto and get herself in a dangerous position again and you'll still say she's not "useless" or a "cry-baby". (Also most of your argument wasn't really an argument...it was just a big summary of I don't know how many chapters...it didn't really prove anything as to why she's not useless, etc...)
Sorry. I'd noticed a lot of people were drastically misinterperting some things that had happened (Like Sakura's "confession" to Sasuke. Most of the Sakura-haters thought she was just being a jerk to Naruto, and didn't notice the explanation of it in Chapter 474.), so I thought I'd take the chance to explain what's really been going on all day to them.
Why do I always end up debating you, 3littlepigs?
__________________
Quote:
Tenten's ability is using a lot of weapons at once. However, in a series like Naruto, this is a rather dull ability since somehow actual weapons don't work on them. Even "normal" characters like Iruka can get impaled with windmill shurikens and still move. Normal weapons in Naruto are used simply to buy some time.

Perhaps if she had Shikamaru's intelligence then she wouldn't have to waste all those weapons.

Unless I'm mistaken the only character she beat was herself. :/
C4 Karura is offline  
Old 02-27-2010, 08:06 AM   #18
C4 Karura
Special Jonin Candidate
 
C4 Karura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Forum Moon
Posts: 4,577
Rep Power: 10
C4 Karura is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: The Case For Not Hating Sakura After Chapter 484

Quote:
Originally Posted by Err View Post
Sakura's high. She doesn't know what she's doing. She needs to leave Sasuke alone and team up with her team to take down Sasuke or at least restrain him.
-_-'... Wow. Way to read the OP before posting.
__________________
Quote:
Tenten's ability is using a lot of weapons at once. However, in a series like Naruto, this is a rather dull ability since somehow actual weapons don't work on them. Even "normal" characters like Iruka can get impaled with windmill shurikens and still move. Normal weapons in Naruto are used simply to buy some time.

Perhaps if she had Shikamaru's intelligence then she wouldn't have to waste all those weapons.

Unless I'm mistaken the only character she beat was herself. :/
C4 Karura is offline  
Old 02-27-2010, 08:15 AM   #19
VampireCat
Special Jonin Candidate
 
VampireCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: You tell me. ;p
Posts: 3,613
Rep Power: 9
VampireCat has completed a tough C-rank mission!VampireCat has completed a tough C-rank mission!VampireCat has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: The Case For Not Hating Sakura After Chapter 484

Actually, I think she knows.
Sasuke wants power, and he doesn't want to come back to Konoha.
He's walking to his 'dark path'.
And, Sakura's trying to save Sasuke from that path. That's why she's trying to kill him. She knows that we won't come back; and her teammates will not kill Sasuke.
What would you do if you were in her situation?
Emphaty, please! :]

C4 Karuro, It was awesome. Thank you for writing this. :]
VampireCat is offline  
Old 02-27-2010, 08:31 AM   #20
Err
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: I liek cake!
Posts: 6,084
Rep Power: 13
Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Err finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: The Case For Not Hating Sakura After Chapter 484

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4 Karura View Post
-_-'... Wow. Way to read the OP before posting.
Did read the entire thing. I still think she's crazy. If she really wanted to kill Sasuke, she should of done it with her team. It's just your assumption that her team can't.
__________________
Quote:
To further the point, we are a social species because we are interdependent. You could count on your hand how many people in a millennium can get by with absolutely no help from anyone else ever. Yet we never work together. That's why ants will eventually bring us down.
Err is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.