Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Manga Discussion > Naruto Manga Archives

Naruto Manga Archives A collection of some of the best theories and discussions that Town Bookstore has to offer.

Old 02-04-2010, 04:18 PM   #1
C4 Karura
Special Jonin Candidate

C4 Karura is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Why Karin Isn't Dead

After Karin collapsed onto the ground, many people have assumed she's dead. A lot of them have also assumed that Danzo's explosion destroyed her body. Here's why she's still alive:

Look at Page 2 of the chapter. Karin was stabbed between the two pillars that have a big tree on one side (from Danzo) and a big hole out of the pillar on the other side.

Now look at Page 3. Danzo runs away, and gets about 40 feet away from the pillars before Madara and Sasuke stop him. Look at Page 17. The explosion is shown to stop about 10 feet from the pillars, where Karin's body is. That means her body wasn't destroyed.

Now, why would Madara wait until Danzo had gotten 40 feet away from the pillars? Why would it take Sasuke 40 feet to catch up to Danzo, when he is much better off than him? There is no explainable reason for this, othen than Kishi using Plot no Jutsu to make sure Danzo was far enough from Karin's body that he didn't kill her. If Kishi were having Karin actually die, he would've had Danzo explode near enough to kill her. Instead, he went out of his way to make sure she survived this chapter. This, combined with the fact that Team Sakura is only a mile away, makes them finding her all the more likely.

EDIT: Yes, the tree next to Karin dissapeared, but that was probably just an art error. To those who think it sucked her in, it only got the things a certain distance from Danzo. If it didn't suck in the half-
bricks directly outside the range, it's not going to get Karin, who's 10 feet out of range.

EDIT 2: Okay, I'm sorry the title has a spoiler, but I don't know how to change it.
Tenten's ability is using a lot of weapons at once. However, in a series like Naruto, this is a rather dull ability since somehow actual weapons don't work on them. Even "normal" characters like Iruka can get impaled with windmill shurikens and still move. Normal weapons in Naruto are used simply to buy some time.

Perhaps if she had Shikamaru's intelligence then she wouldn't have to waste all those weapons.

Unless I'm mistaken the only character she beat was herself. :/

Last edited by C4 Karura; 02-07-2010 at 04:26 PM.
Old 02-04-2010, 04:26 PM   #2
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Why Karin Isn't Dead

Maybe you should have spoilerfied the title. Then again I guess it's the same as Why Naruto isn't dead or Why the dog didn't bark.

Anyway, your reasoning is dead on. Too many coincidences, something must be up. Why was Danzo able to walk 40 ft. without a heart?

Punchline
Spoiler:

Becuase he never had one. Ha. Ha.
Old 02-04-2010, 04:27 PM   #3
sardns
Genin

sardns saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Is that little black dot Karin on the third page in the fourth panel next to the tree and the pillar?
Old 02-04-2010, 04:30 PM   #4
C4 Karura
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
Maybe you should have spoilerfied the title. Then again I guess it's the same as Why Naruto isn't dead or Why the dog didn't bark.

Anyway, your reasoning is dead on. Too many coincidences, something must be up. Why was Danzo able to walk 40 ft. without a heart?

Punchline
Spoiler:

Becuase he never had one. Ha. Ha.
Good point. How do I edit a title?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sardns View Post
Is that little black dot Karin on the third page in the fourth panel next to the tree and the pillar?
Yeah.
Tenten's ability is using a lot of weapons at once. However, in a series like Naruto, this is a rather dull ability since somehow actual weapons don't work on them. Even "normal" characters like Iruka can get impaled with windmill shurikens and still move. Normal weapons in Naruto are used simply to buy some time.

Perhaps if she had Shikamaru's intelligence then she wouldn't have to waste all those weapons.

Old 02-04-2010, 04:35 PM   #5
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Wooster is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

I don't think you can. But at this point the Karin is dead is so widespread, it might not even be a spoiler. Beside all it says is Karin is not dead, and in the anime she's not.
Old 02-04-2010, 04:39 PM   #6
C4 Karura
Special Jonin Candidate

Hmm... Ok.

Old 02-04-2010, 04:43 PM   #7
*Talim of the moonlight*
Veteran Chunin

*Talim of the moonlight* is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

WOW! GOOD THINKING! I would have never seen it that way...I was hardly paying attention to Danzo when he was running cuz i was so shocked about the Karin ideal.

Im not a 5 star Chick. Ima Galaxy Chick.✿◕‿◕✿

Best Forum Sister Ever: ♥○Ellie ○♥

Ma Crazy Fangirl: ♫ deidara fangirl1 ♫
Rival: Matsuro
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mangagirl's Guardian!
I Lubs The R@!nb0w.^.~

Yea..Just to Answer Your Question..I am a Fangirl Of Sasuke...And I'm Proud Of It Too!

Old 02-04-2010, 04:44 PM   #8
C4 Karura
Special Jonin Candidate

Thanks! (You might want to change your location. It's a pretty big spoiler.)

Old 02-04-2010, 04:45 PM   #9
MadaraTobi
Chunin Exam Participant

MadaraTobi is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

well we dont know if shes definitely dead,but yeah it looks like she is, considering she fell to the ground with a huge hole ripped through her.

Studies show that 92% of kids listen to Rap/Hip Hop, If you are one of the 8% Of the kids that listen to real music, put this in your sig.

A dream of mine is to post good wholesome comments and eventually become a F.A.I.L member,though I know it wont be easy.
Old 02-04-2010, 04:50 PM   #10
C4 Karura
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadaraTobi View Post
well we dont know if shes definitely dead,but yeah it looks like she is, considering she fell to the ground with a huge hole ripped through her.
People have survived much worse in Naruto. Just look at Chapter 1. Iruka gets a huge knife thing driven straight through his spine, but he's still well enough to run through the top of the trees and attack Mizuki.

Old 02-04-2010, 04:56 PM   #11
eagleye54321
Special Jonin Candidate

eagleye54321 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.eagleye54321 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.eagleye54321 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.eagleye54321 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Well, we'll see if Kishi has any more plot time for Karin. If anything, she'll join Konoha when they treat her if she's alive. That's what I believe anyway.

I see now why Danzo wanted the title of Hokage so bad. It was because of jealousy. That theme along with revenge are quite popular in Naruto, eh?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I got 2nd Place in

Forum Family
Spoiler:
Little Sister - Luna Mikazuki!
Bros - SageoftheSixPaths, Zetsu!
Niece - Muffintop!
Quote:
You are the greatest human being/ short line of text of all time.
I couldn't believe in what Jiraiya believed in. Or in the man himself. But...you chose a different path. In you I can see a better future... I will believe in you...Uzumaki Naruto.
- Nagato
Old 02-04-2010, 05:23 PM   #12
Kassie
Apprentice Genin

Kassie is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via MSN to Kassie Send a message via Yahoo to Kassie Send a message via Skype™ to Kassie

mm.. well I don't think she is death actually, she might be alive kind of agonizing but yeah not death.. I won't mind if she die though.. I can't stand her any more she is too annoying u_u

>blue love<
[ Dreams+Love=Peace&Harmony ]

The Village Hidden In The Mountains

G a a r a
Quote:
-What is love?

-I'll give them all to you. I'm always a good boy. Yes, let's do it. Mom, I'll watch.

-Someday, I want my existence to be necessary to others.

-That's why, as a Shinobi of Sand, I'll aim to be the kazekage.
Old 02-04-2010, 05:27 PM   #13
Cyl
Special Jonin Candidate

Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Cyl strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Yahoo to Cyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4 Karura View Post
After Karin collapsed onto the ground, many people have assumed she's dead. A lot of them have also assumed that Danzo's explosion destroyed her body. Here's why she's still alive:

Look at Page 2 of the chapter. Karin was stabbed between the two pillars that have a big tree on one side (from Danzo) and a big hole out of the pillar on the other side.

Now look at Page 3. Danzo runs away, and gets about 40 feet away from the pillars before Madara and Sasuke stop him. Look at Page 17. The explosion is shown to stop about 10 feet from the pillars, where Karin's body is. That means her body wasn't destroyed.

Now, why would Madara wait until Danzo had gotten 40 feet away from the pillars? Why would it take Sasuke 40 feet to catch up to Danzo, when he is much better off than him? There is no explainable reason for this, othen than Kishi using Plotkai to make sure Danzo was far enough from Karin's body that he didn't kill her. If Kishi were having Karin actually die, he would've had Danzo explode near enough to kill her. Instead, he went out of his way to make sure she survived this chapter. This, combined with the fact that Team Sakura is only a mile away, makes them finding her all the more likely.

EDIT: Yes, the tree next to Karin dissapeared, but that was probably just an art error. To those who think it sucked her in, it only got the things a certain distance from Danzo. If it didn't suck in the half-bricks directly outside the range, it's not going to get Karin, who's 10 feet out of range.
Well this is nice, and we will see.
But it should be called Plot no Jutsu or PNJ, not Plotkai, because Plotkai occurs in Bleach only right? xD

Old 02-04-2010, 05:27 PM   #14
Wooster
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4 Karura View Post
People have survived much worse in Naruto. Just look at Chapter 1. Iruka gets a huge knife thing driven straight through his spine, but he's still well enough to run through the top of the trees and attack Mizuki.
And Danzo walks 40 ft. after losing an arm, being pierced by chidori, and then having his heart blown apart by chidori.
Old 02-04-2010, 06:28 PM   #15
C4 Karura
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyl View Post
Well this is nice, and we will see.
But it should be called Plot no Jutsu or PNJ, not Plotkai, because Plotkai occurs in Bleach only right? xD
Really? *goes to change it*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
And Danzo walks 40 ft. after losing an arm, being pierced by chidori, and then having his heart blown apart by chidori.
Exactly!

Old 02-04-2010, 06:48 PM   #16
C4 Karura
Special Jonin Candidate

Yay! Before I made this thread, I saw a lot of people who were sure that Karin was dead. Out of the people who've replied, all but one have said they think I'm right. I must've made a good case in the first post!

Old 02-04-2010, 08:05 PM   #17
dillydally
Genin

dillydally is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Thank you!! I was hoping that Karin was alive but I couldn't think of a sound enough theory to convince me other wise, but you theory make alot of sense. I really hope your right!!!
Old 02-04-2010, 08:08 PM   #18
Jose
Special Jonin Candidate

Jose completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Jose completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Jose completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Jose completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Jose completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Jose completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Jose completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Jose completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Jose completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Jose completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Jose completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Jose completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Jose completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Jose completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Jose completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

I dont think Karin is dead but near death and will be saved by Sakura.

Yet again another girl Sasuke scars.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:32 AM   #19
mrsticky005

mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.mrsticky005 is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Yeah I don't think Karin is dead either. She doesn't need to die for Sasuke to be a total jerk wad. In fact he's even MORE of a jerk if she just dieing rather than dead.
I bet what will happen is that Sakura will heal the dieing Karin.

Then things will get crazy once Sakura learns from Karin what Sasuke is up to.

Spam once and the forum will be annoyed.
Spam twice and warnings will be deployed
Spam thrice and a infraction you will receive
Spam 8,984 times and a FAIL Agent you''ll soon be.

...At least in my case.
Old 02-05-2010, 04:32 AM   #20
Fan of Minato
Special Jonin Candidate

Fan of Minato has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Fan of Minato has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Fan of Minato has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Fan of Minato has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Fan of Minato has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Fan of Minato has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Fan of Minato has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Fan of Minato has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Isn't it just what we all asked? Everyone wanted Danzo and Karin to die and they did at the same time. If you haven't noticed yet, Mr.Kishimoto is doing exactly as the fans want him to.
Turned Itachi into a good guy.
Gave Naruto SM
Gave Sasuke MS
Brought the Juubi. etc.

A member of the ANBU.
Post your question here
for it to be answered:

Leader: Vidda Hatake

The Village Hidden in Aura

Senpai: DragonAngel (The laughing stock xD)

I am a Temporary Moderator as well

The Forums have a lot of interesting things aside Drama.
Some are:

Spoiler:
Action 0_o
Quote:
hey DA you are a big dummy lol
Entertainment o_0
Quote:
But-but Gikage!! Does this mean you'll never have any babies!?!

Spawn of Deidara330 would be born instantly awesome.
Awesomeness o-o
Quote:
he's the man who ate the Kagu-Kagu Devil Fruit. 0_o xD

(Kagu Means Furniture)
Fear me. MUAHHAHAHAHAHAHA =o

And something Green 0_0
Quote:
Get Fom's name off there. Now!

A message from Sage
So Hockey...take my name off from your sig...xD

Best quote in the ENTIRE FORUMS:
Quote:

"TBC walks up to toma, and pushes him over, and stands on his chest with one foot"

"Toma flails on the ground like a fish, screaming something about the Chinese Panda Bear stealing his lunch."

Dances:
Quote:
*holds in mouth

Care to dance, my lovely?
True self at last. ;D TDZ, the lover boy. xD

What the google blue berries?
Quote:
Yeah, let us group together and show our AURA!
Sasori has those anxious moments too. ;D xDD

All in one forum....

Aura headband symbol: