Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Old 01-31-2010, 10:21 AM   #21
zebrakiller
Special Jonin Candidate

zebrakiller has completed a tough C-rank mission!zebrakiller has completed a tough C-rank mission!zebrakiller has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: Is life worth livin, should I blast myself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroda Taishi View Post
Please keep your religious beliefs to yourself, or make your own thread about it.

As for the purpose of life: It is either to waste your time thinking about the purpose of life or just live your life and don't think about the purpose.
not sure i can do that
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Valentine View Post
Don't bring Religion into this Dammit.
religious views are fine by me...a lot of people find purpose that way...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
zebrakiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 01:22 PM   #22
Jinchiruuki

The true meaning of life is to create your own happiness and make it what you want it to be. Whether it is to be a teacher or a musician, you can do anything you want in life (obviously with the exception of doing things that are at the expense of others such as murdering etc...you can still do them but I wouldn't sacrifice my humanity for anything).

Everyone has their own meaning to their lives which they improve or create everyday.
Everything leads to somewhere, nothing leads to nowhere.

Don't dwell on the purpose of life stuff bro...it gets you know where to think about it because you will get too many biased answers whether from religious influence or opinions. Just do what makes you happy in life and live everyday to its fullest.

Every decision you make and every thing you do affects that.

Last edited by Jinchiruuki; 01-31-2010 at 01:24 PM.
  Reply With Quote Add Dice Roll To Message
Old 01-31-2010, 02:56 PM   #23
Mangekyo_Itachi
Genin

Mangekyo_Itachi is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebrakiller View Post
religious views are fine by me...a lot of people find purpose that way...
Flip yes, thank you.... (flashback-ing to recent debate "People who freak out over the slightest hint of religon, either because they have none or feel threatened".)

----------///------I believe in the Lord God
---------///-------and I believe in Jesus
----////////////-----Christ as my savior
-------///---------
------///----------
-----///-----------
----///------------
---///-------------

Extreme Itachi Uchiha fan!

Due to the graphic nature of this person, Viewer Discretion is Advised.
Mangekyo_Itachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 05:54 PM   #24
321zigzag1
Banned

321zigzag1 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroda Taishi View Post
Please keep your religious beliefs to yourself, or make your own thread about it.

As for the purpose of life: It is either to waste your time thinking about the purpose of life or just live your life and don't think about the purpose.
No its not, although it can be quite bearing to several. It doesn't also fit with everyone. However to those it does work it fits well.
What purpose does gives meaning. Better to have purpose than none at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinchiruuki View Post

Everyone has their own meaning to their lives which they improve or create everyday.
Everything leads to somewhere, nothing leads to nowhere.

Don't dwell on the purpose of life stuff bro...it gets you know where to think about it because you will get too many biased answers whether from religious influence or opinions. Just do what makes you happy in life and live everyday to its fullest.

Every decision you make and every thing you do affects that.
Thats sound like purpose in a way.

The thing is people everyone tries to make some sort of purpose in their life whether knowlingly or not. You believe happines for you? Thats purpose too in a sense. Also it hasn't worked for everyone because of the nature of reality.

This world is a broken world.
321zigzag1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 10:03 PM   #25
zebrakiller
Special Jonin Candidate

zebrakiller has completed a tough C-rank mission!zebrakiller has completed a tough C-rank mission!zebrakiller has completed a tough C-rank mission!

well said ziggy. "im tired of bein poor and even worse im black. stomach hurts so im lookin for a purse to snatch"... disillusionment, sometimes it comes slow n steady, sometimes it hits u in the face. people spend their whole lives stuck on a purpose, only to find out it was actually empty to them. thats cruel hard. happiness is ur purpose, but how so? pursuit of happiness can shift quick to selfishness, or apathy, or wasting time on insignificant ventures n what not, check kid cudis song...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:14 PM   #26
Cosesu
Genin Elite

Cosesu is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Life is only as real as we make it. Without courage, without effort, without dreams, without love, without the connections with our fellow man, and without our abilities to rage war, we are not real. Without these things we are nothing. Nothing but creatures. Creatures do not change the world around them. Creatures only exist so this world does not become desolate. So this world is only real because we humans are not creatures. We have courage, we make efforts, we dream, we love, we connect to our fellow man, and we rage wars. These are what make us alive, and in turn we make this world real. Life is us. We are life's purpose. And when we are all gone life does not truly exist.
Cosesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 10:41 PM   #27
zebrakiller
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosesu View Post
Life is only as real as we make it. Without courage, without effort, without dreams, without love, without the connections with our fellow man, and without our abilities to rage war, we are not real. Without these things we are nothing. Nothing but creatures. Creatures do not change the world around them. Creatures only exist so this world does not become desolate. So this world is only real because we humans are not creatures. We have courage, we make efforts, we dream, we love, we connect to our fellow man, and we rage wars. These are what make us alive, and in turn we make this world real. Life is us. We are life's purpose. And when we are all gone life does not truly exist.
i appreciate ur post, but it kind of echoes the egocentrism thats been irking me of late. if ur familiar with lao tzu, the myriad creatures are capable of all those things, emotions and sentience, we share this world. life isnt "us" if by us u mean "humanity", it was here before us and will be here long after we're gone, at least in my humble belief...

Old 01-31-2010, 11:01 PM   #28
Cosesu
Genin Elite

we are humans. we have created the word and our own meaning of life. what if life is not really the way our human minds concive it. no matter what culture or individual who has said what life is they were still human. humans create things,religion, gonvernment,ideals, personal bonds, or what ever to give a reason to life, Because in truth we really dont know what life means.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:14 PM   #29
kentaru
Banned

kentaru is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to kentaru

the meaning of life is to basicly die

but were giving time to evolve and prosper like a test, a test to evolve and increse our lifespan, all things WILL go extinct that is a fact but we must see what we can do to live our lifespan while we have it and use it, use it to evolve and dicover new things. we werent born with curiosity for nothing , i beleive we were givin curiosity for the simple reason of evolution, if it wasnt for curiosity we would still be caveman because they had a curiosity for fire which lead to bigger things and where we are now (nothing to do with religion)
kentaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 11:34 PM   #30
darkjam
Special Jonin Candidate

darkjam is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Read my siggy... It says it all...
darkjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 11:41 PM   #31
Cosesu
Genin Elite

again death is a word created by man. okay everthing dies, but that does not mean that something does not happen after we die. or maybe nothing happens. maybe there is no higher being, because again they are words created by man.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:43 AM   #32
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

ofcourse ^^, theres always a reason to live unless youre just a total self-centered, materialistic fool. usually people meet other people and live for them more tahn themselves :P

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:47 AM   #33
zebrakiller
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon_army17 View Post
ofcourse ^^, theres always a reason to live unless youre just a total self-centered, materialistic fool. usually people meet other people and live for them more tahn themselves :P
this is true...some say having children completes ur life, not as in finish but as in fills it n makes it whole... i can see that.

Old 02-01-2010, 10:51 AM   #34
Jinchiruuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 321zigzag1 View Post

Thats sound like purpose in a way.

The thing is people everyone tries to make some sort of purpose in their life whether knowlingly or not. You believe happines for you? Thats purpose too in a sense. Also it hasn't worked for everyone because of the nature of reality.

This world is a broken world.
Well if you think negatively of such things then yeah it is broken and will remain that way. Have the courage to not sulk on the present and work towards to improve the future whether its for you, your family and loved ones, or the world. Purpose? Eh not so much but maybe because everyone makes their own purpose of life as well.

Of course it doesn't work for everyone because we all think and feel differently. Reality may have troublesome things but if you think positive and not let anything hold you back from things in life then I would think that it would improve said reality. I am an idealist however so some things won't happen ever, but some things will.
  Reply With Quote Add Dice Roll To Message
Old 02-01-2010, 11:01 AM   #35
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinchiruuki View Post
Well if you think negatively of such things then yeah it is broken and will remain that way. Have the courage to not sulk on the present and work towards to improve the future whether its for you, your family and loved ones, or the world. Purpose? Eh not so much but maybe because everyone makes their own purpose of life as well.

Of course it doesn't work for everyone because we all think and feel differently. Reality may have troublesome things but if you think positive and not let anything hold you back from things in life then I would think that it would improve said reality. I am an idealist however so some things won't happen ever, but some things will.

life is ever chnging and you never know when things will chnge for the worst. HIstory will always repeat itself because every few generations, some society is bound to repeat the former's mistakes. This is indeed sad because that means war,famine and poverty will never disappear; however this also means that change for the better will occur as well.Just take a look at the last few centuries in which the bulk of the most influencial governments have escaped monarchy,which is a sign that things will hopefully improve a little bit at a time xD

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harmony, liberty, life, peace