Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Character Talk

Naruto Character Talk Who do you love? Who do you love to hate? Discuss your fave Naruto characters here.

Old 01-20-2010, 01:01 PM   #1
shikimaru nara
Veteran Chunin

shikimaru nara saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Default byakugan vs mangekyo sharingan

which eye technique wins
shikimaru nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 01:09 PM   #2
Jinchiruuki

Default Re: byakugan vs mangekyo sharingan

I'd say Byakugan in the long run.

- 360 degree field of vision
- See chakra points, chakra movement and can predict taijutsu
- Telescopic Vision
- Considered a Sensory- type

Mangekyo Sharingan

- Has some of the most powerful techniques (Susanoo, Amaterasu, Tsuky, Kamui)
- Can read taijutsu, see chakra, copy jutsu
- When using it however it has massive recoil...fatigue, loss of eye sight, bleeding of the eyes, large drain of chakra, eventually lose eye sight and powers when you use too much.

So in terms of power definitly MS but in terms of ability and flaws the Byakugan is better since it has no recoil.

Last edited by Jinchiruuki; 01-20-2010 at 05:25 PM.
  Reply With Quote Add Dice Roll To Message
Old 01-20-2010, 04:29 PM   #3
Hidden Ninja45
Jonin

Hidden Ninja45 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Hidden Ninja45 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Hidden Ninja45 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Hidden Ninja45 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Hidden Ninja45 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Hidden Ninja45 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Hidden Ninja45 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Hidden Ninja45 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Hidden Ninja45 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Hidden Ninja45 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Hidden Ninja45 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Hidden Ninja45 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Hidden Ninja45 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Hidden Ninja45 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.Hidden Ninja45 completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinchiruuki View Post

- Telescopic Vision

Mangekyo Sharingan

- Can read taijutsu, see chakra
- When using it however it has massive recoil...fatigue, loss of eye sight, bleeding of the eyes, large drain of chakra, eventually lose eye sight and powers when you use too much.

So in terms of power definitly MS but in terms of ability and flaws the Byakugan is better since it has no recoil.
Wow. But i'd still prefer MS, since it can somehow turn into Eternal Mangekyo Sharigan and you can life forever.....maybe.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Hidden Ninja45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 04:33 PM   #4
AnBu.KnighT
Chunin Exam Participant

AnBu.KnighT is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

eh MS has black flames, susano, both very strong techniques but then bykugan can see trough illusions and has sensorys idk both are great
AnBu.KnighT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 05:20 PM   #5
Leafy
has a deathwish!

Leafy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.
Leafy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Leafy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Leafy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Leafy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Leafy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Leafy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Leafy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Leafy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Leafy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Leafy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.Leafy is listed in every clan's bingo book under AWESOME.

Awards Showcase

Quote:

- Telescopic Vision

Mangekyo Sharingan

- Can read taijutsu, see chakra

Thats long term effects, if it were just a battle MS beats byakugan because of susanoo ameterasu and tsukuyomi, and MS can copy jutsu.

pink is my forum bae

Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 05:25 PM   #6
Jinchiruuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaf777 View Post
Thats long term effects, if it were just a battle MS beats byakugan because of susanoo ameterasu and tsukuyomi, and MS can copy jutsu.
No duh...that's why I said in the long run.
  Reply With Quote Add Dice Roll To Message
Old 01-20-2010, 05:26 PM   #7
AnBu.KnighT
Chunin Exam Participant

AnBu.KnighT is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaf777 View Post
tsukuyomi wont help since byakugan can see through genjutsu but ya ameterasu and susanoo stomps bykugan
AnBu.KnighT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 05:48 PM   #8
kokojojo
Banned

kokojojo is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

byakugan has a blind spot doesnt it?
kokojojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 05:50 PM   #9
Seven
Formerly TheSeventhSwordsmanOfMist

Seven finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Seven finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Seven finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Seven finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Seven finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Seven finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Seven finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Seven finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Seven finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Seven

Tsukoiyomi cant be broken even by a Hyuuga's Byakugan and Amaterasu will burn even against Rotation and Susano Well tanks any byakugan technique.

Spoiler:

Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 12:15 AM   #10
Ockinga
Chunin

Location: Where ever my laptop and other people's wifi takes me.
Ockinga is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Offensivley the byakugan can't do anything against the Mangekyo.
Let's examine all of the attacks we know.

Eight trigrams 64 palms: Read by sharingan
Eight trigrams air palm: Coppied and read by sharingan.
Gentle fists taijutsu: Easily read by sharingan

Defensivley: I belive that rotaion could with stand ameratatsu because the flames would burn the chakra not the user. I think susanoo could break through it. As for gengjutsu, there is nothing within the byakugan ability to defend against tsukiyomi as far as we know. Seeing chakra flow doesn't do anything for defending against it.
|.....|
/......
\ The Yellow Flash of the Leaf! Put this in your siggy if you love Minato

Member of the Village Hidden In The Crystal

Forum Family: Father: Pickles. Mother: Parsley. Brothers: Onions, Carrots and books. I have no sisters and I also
Spoiler:
think forum families are stupid; especially, the relationships. Surprised?
Ockinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 05:55 AM   #11
zenon883
Special Jonin Candidate

zenon883 saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

id say MS against any other byakugan

but what about that legend about the bankakyou byakugan and eternal do those byakugan even exist they said the founder of the hyuga he had the eternal bankakyou byakugan and burned all the scrolls on how to achevie it

I can't unfriend my self. >.>

"I am the lightning bolt that strikes the tip of the peak." - Ganta Hitachi

"Does no one dare challenge the might of, Lu Bu!?" - Lu Bu

The Olympian of Blood

Beware of the Olympians of the Summit
War System Record
4 Win 0 Loss
zenon883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 12:10 PM   #12
AkatsukiMember
Chunin Exam Proctor

AkatsukiMember saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Quote:

- Telescopic Vision

Mangekyo Sharingan

- Can read taijutsu, see chakra, copy jutsu

This is hard to decide, but I think Sharingan would win in an all out battle because of its many abilities.

Wolf of the Black Flames

~Lycan of the Blood Mist~

Village Hidden in the Amazon

Bloody Snake of the Amazon
AkatsukiMember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 08:40 PM   #13
Twilit Lion (Leo)
has lost his jugular to Naijeru

Twilit Lion (Leo) strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Twilit Lion (Leo) strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Twilit Lion (Leo) strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Twilit Lion (Leo) strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Twilit Lion (Leo) strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Twilit Lion (Leo) strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Twilit Lion (Leo) strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Twilit Lion (Leo) strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Twilit Lion (Leo) strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Twilit Lion (Leo) strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Twilit Lion (Leo) strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Twilit Lion (Leo) strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Twilit Lion (Leo) strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

Awards Showcase

mangekyo sharingan
Twilit Lion (Leo) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 08:44 PM   #14
lady gaara
Genin

lady gaara is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

go byakugan and go neji.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:40 PM   #15
mdog6190
Academy Graduate

mdog6190 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

i will go with mangekyo sharingan
mdog6190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 02:06 PM   #16
UchihaSasuke19
Apprentice Genin

UchihaSasuke19 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokojojo View Post
byakugan has a blind spot doesnt it?
yes it does. its rly easy to get by byakugan
Sensei:kay
UchihaSasuke19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 02:30 PM   #17
sarutobi17
Special Jonin Candidate

sarutobi17 finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.sarutobi17 finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.sarutobi17 finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.sarutobi17 finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.sarutobi17 finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.sarutobi17 finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.sarutobi17 finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.sarutobi17 finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.sarutobi17 finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

this is a tough choice but i'll go with ms.
"Ever my heart rises as we draw near the mountains. There is good rock here. This country has tough bones. I felt them in my feet as we came up from the dike. Give me a year and a hundred of my kin and I would make this a place that armies would break upon like water. ...Sleep! I feel the need of it. Yet my axe is restless in my hand. Give me a row of orc-necks and room to swing and all weariness will fall from me!"-Gimli {LOTR}
sarutobi17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 10:44 AM   #18
kvSaku
Chunin Exam Participant

kvSaku is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I would have to say...Sharingan would win just because of all of it abilitys. Not saying byakugan is bad, Its awesome too I just think Sharingan in the long run would win.
An "Internet troll" or "Forum Troll" is a person who posts outrageous message to bait people to answer. Forum Troll delights in sowing discord on the forums. Someone who is purposely provoking and pulling people into flaming discussion. Sometimes, Internet troll is trying to spin conflicting. Or making Fake threads

Mystic rp rank-White haired Guardian
kvSaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 06:02 PM   #19
Twilit Lion (Leo)
has lost his jugular to Naijeru

Twilit Lion (Leo) strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Twilit Lion (Leo) strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Twilit Lion (Leo) strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Twilit Lion (Leo) strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Twilit Lion (Leo) strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Twilit Lion (Leo) strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Twilit Lion (Leo) strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Twilit Lion (Leo) strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Twilit Lion (Leo) strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Twilit Lion (Leo) strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Twilit Lion (Leo) strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Twilit Lion (Leo) strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.Twilit Lion (Leo) strikes fear and awe in the fragile hearts of Genins.

Awards Showcase

mangekyo sharingan is better

Spoiler:
Quote:
Actually, if anyone's egotistical.....it's me. o.o
Quote:
The proof is in this quote. Alex feels the need to insert himself into ANY conversation, even if he makes himself look like an idiot doing.
Quote:
Why thank you!........I think. o.o

6/17/10

I'm the Silver eyed Lion King
I'm a Christian and don't care what everyone else thinks about me. If you feel the same, copy and paste this into your sig
Twilit Lion (Leo) is offline   Reply With Quote