Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Great Off-Topica > Creative Corner

Creative Corner Fanfiction? Check. Fan Art? Check. Anything else you can imagine creating? Check, check, check. Just keep those pesky forum rules in mind!

Old 01-16-2010, 10:42 AM   #1
Jason Uchiha
Chunin Exam Participant

Jason Uchiha is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default how long should a fanfic story be

I want to know how long people think a fanfic story should be and to know if mine is to long its about 42 pages long but i used a large font and skiped sevral space in between chapters. do you think my story is to long
Old 01-16-2010, 10:44 AM   #2
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Super High School Level Narcissist
Quasi-Admin

Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via MSN to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Maikeru D. Shinigami
Default Re: how long should a fanfic story be

I don't think there is a required length. And in my mind, the longer the fanfic the better.

YouTube:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
src="
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Maikeru D. Shinigami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 10:49 AM   #3
Jason Uchiha
Chunin Exam Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maikeru Shinigami View Post
I don't think there is a required length. And in my mind, the longer the fanfic the better.
thats what i think

i just wonder if mine was to long and mabeye no one would take the time to read
Old 01-16-2010, 10:52 AM   #4
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Quasi-Admin

Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via MSN to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Maikeru D. Shinigami

They might not, but that's because they are lazy.
My story has 110 pages worth of writing, size 10 font, and only little spacing.
Over 47,000 words and all, but some people have read it.
It's better when the people reading your stuff are avid readers anyways.

YouTube:
src="
Old 01-16-2010, 10:55 AM   #5
Jason Uchiha
Chunin Exam Participant

Quote:
They might not, but that's because they are lazy.
My story has 110 pages worth of writing, size 10 font, and only little spacing.
Over 47,000 words and all, but some people have read it.
It's better when the people reading your stuff are avid readers anyways.
man and i though mine was long how long did it take you to write that it took me one month to write mine

is it on here and so what it called i would like to read it.
Old 01-16-2010, 03:35 PM   #6
Kuroda Taishi
Banned

Kuroda Taishi is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

It can be as long as you want it to be. Mine is over 200 pages total, and I plan for it to keep going for a lot longer
Kuroda Taishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 06:31 PM   #7
Jason Uchiha
Chunin Exam Participant

wow how do you come up with a story that long i could never erite a stroy that long compared to you guys mine is really short.
Old 01-16-2010, 06:36 PM   #8
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Quasi-Admin

Awards Showcase

It's took me about a year to write my first book, but that's considering that I took a long sabbatical from writing. I can write a 3,000 page chapter in an hour and a half.

I am writing 4 more books too which just get longer.

I am expecting to have a total of at least 346,000 words at the end of the series as a whole. Probably near 600 pages on Word.

YouTube:
src="
Old 01-16-2010, 06:41 PM   #9
Jason Uchiha
Chunin Exam Participant

Quote:
It's took me about a year to write my first book, but that's considering that I took a long sabbatical from writing. I can write a 3,000 page chapter in an hour and a half.

I am expecting to have a total of at least 346,000 words at the end of the series as a whole. Probably near 600 pages on Word.
all i can say is wow you can write a 3,000 page chapter that fast man thats aswome are you going to be a writer when you grow up

whats you series about
Old 01-16-2010, 06:53 PM   #10
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Quasi-Admin

Awards Showcase

I'm planning on becoming a writer, during my little sabbatical I still wrote just wasn't adding to my book. Yeah, for the most part, my writing is Improv, but I have a general idea of what chapter will be about.

I'll have to come up with a better description when I'm not lazy. Basically, twelve years ago .. boy's father killed by Reaper, boy's mother kills Reaper's dog ... Reaper disappears for some reason and comes back after boy. Attacks those around boy. It sounds much better when I'm not lazy. xD

YouTube:
src="
Old 01-16-2010, 08:18 PM   #11
Jason Uchiha
Chunin Exam Participant

Quote:
I'm planning on becoming a writer, during my little sabbatical I still wrote just wasn't adding to my book. Yeah, for the most part, my writing is Improv, but I have a general idea of what chapter will be about.

I'll have to come up with a better description when I'm not lazy. Basically, twelve years ago .. boy's father killed by Reaper, boy's mother kills Reaper's dog ... Reaper disappears for some reason and comes back after boy. Attacks those around boy. It sounds much better when I'm not lazy. xD
sounds pretty cool
mines called the dragon chornicles and its about boy who has to defeat the ultimte evil in order to keep the world from going into anoter war. this isn't real a good discripion i'll have to come up with a beTter one later

Last edited by Jason Uchiha; 01-16-2010 at 08:47 PM.
Jason Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 09:21 AM   #12
NarutoRulez
Miss Naruto 2009 Runner Up

NarutoRulez has completed a tough C-rank mission!NarutoRulez has completed a tough C-rank mission!

I just got started, but I don't plan to have a specific ending yet. Actually, I don't think fan fics NEED endings xD!

I ish a writer. :3
Well, excuuuse me, Princess. xD
I'm not a Naruto Fangirl, I just couldn't think of a name
Conversation of the month:
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackChidori
test...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasen_Chidori
...icle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maikeru Shinigami
I hate you, I was eating an apple, and now I'm coughing because it went down the wrong pipe. Go to hell you selfish bastard.

Falling head-first,
with a slight sense of fear.
Crashing through clouds,
with a sick knot of dread.
Tumbling past air

with nobody near.
Nothing but blurs,
of feelings I've fled.

Monstrous joy,
for all that appears
gone
but is really there.
And yet as I fall
all I can do,
is watch
while I'm falling through air.

NarutoRulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 12:07 PM   #13
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Quasi-Admin

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarutoRulez View Post
I just got started, but I don't plan to have a specific ending yet. Actually, I don't think fan fics NEED endings xD!
I have a decently specific ending for all five of mine (one which has already been writ). Yes, I used the word "writ".

YouTube:
src="
Old 01-17-2010, 12:09 PM   #14
Hidden Ninja45
Jonin

Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Hidden Ninja45 is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

A story should be as long as it needs to be to complete the story it tells.

Hidden Ninja45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 12:22 PM   #15
OnyxBlossom
Special Jonin Candidate

OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

IMO, a story can be as long as the writer wants it to be complete.

OnyxBlossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 06:48 PM   #16
Jason Uchiha
Chunin Exam Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidden Ninja45 View Post
A story should be as long as it needs to be to complete the story it tells.
i konw thats exactlt what i taugh as long as you put a buch of pointless stuff in your story

ever chapter in my story is important and helps to explain the story but sometimes people write meaning less thing just to make there story longer.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:49 PM   #17
Jason Uchiha
Chunin Exam Participant

Quote:

whats a sabbatical?
Old 01-17-2010, 06:50 PM   #18
assassin
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: I don't care where you are or what your doing...SO STOP TELLING ME ON TWITTER!
assassin finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.assassin finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.assassin finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.assassin finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.assassin finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.assassin finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.assassin finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.assassin finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

as long as it takes to finish the story...that's how long

zanpaktou: Abrasador Tormenta
escudo espada #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by assassin
contrary to popular belief, pm does not mean "private message", it means "perverted mind".

"My plan was perfect! But there was one thing I overlooked, one facter I failed to calculate. He's a dumba$$. And there's no accounting for dumba$$...ness." ~Agito
assassin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 06:54 PM   #19
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Quasi-Admin

Awards Showcase

The first few chapters of my story are more of a introduction to understand what the world I'm writing about is like then everything gets important.

Defining sabbatical:
Any extended period of leave from one's customary work,
especially for rest, to acquire new skills or training, etc.

YouTube:
src="
Old 01-17-2010, 08:19 PM   #20
Kakashi Sensai
Genin

Kakashi Sensai is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
What he said!
Kakashi Sensai is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfic, length