Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Anime Discussion

Naruto Anime Discussion General discussions about the Naruto anime series. Do not spoil content that has not been aired in an episode in this forum!

Old 04-14-2009, 06:48 PM   #1
nobody101001
Freshmen Academy Student

nobody101001 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Subing the songs

Why dont they sub the beginning and end songs if they should the episode they should sub everything including the songs
nobody101001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 04:57 PM   #2
oceangirl_ninja
Genin Elite

oceangirl_ninja has been known to deface Sannin monuments in the past.
Default Re: Subing the songs

most definitely it's rather frustrating when you don't know what their saying
Have you ever felt you are stuck in motion while everyone else moves forward? a desparing loneiness in the world. longing for the sweet innocence of childhood, but know that too much time has passed and reality has made it's mark. Struggling to stay in the imaginary, losing yourself to stories and dreams. we realize that we are not immortal and the dreams come crashing down.

I just saved a kitten from a tree
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
oceangirl_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 04:58 PM   #3
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Toma RNK completed an S-Rank mission on the way to the bathroom.

Awards Showcase

The lyrics are so bad I am glad the new themes didn't get subbed.

I loved closer and missed not having that subbed but the new ones are just HORRIBLE.

Do yourself a favor. Just close your eyes and imagine some lyrics. It'll turn out better.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

May 18th 2009: PM Hell... never forget.
Best post ever!

Always remember

Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from evil.
Toma RNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 05:04 PM   #4
ShadowRaiga89
Apprentice Genin

ShadowRaiga89 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Hey, on the Naruto Uncut Boxsets the songs are not subbed on the English dub.
ShadowRaiga89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 05:29 PM   #5
SRhyse
Site Admin - Uber Kage
Viz Administrator

SRhyse just might be Kage someday.
SRhyse just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

I don't know if I'm suppose to say this, but the honest truth for why we didn't is that-

We wanted to get the episodes out to you guys as soon as we could; things related to songs and lyrics take a little longer to put together, so we passed on it for the ones that aired. There isn't a super secret reason for why we didn't that you'd find interesting, we just didn't want to make you wait any longer.

Rest assured, however, they'll be translated and all that on the DVDs.

I also don't see how I can get in trouble for saying this at the moment, so you can take this as The Official Viz Word on it.

And personally, I speak Japanese and agree with tomarnk on the Naruto song lyrics, as well as most Japanese Pop music. I love it and listen to it, but what they're actually saying in the lyrics tends to be disappointing.

If there is something cool in the song, they usually say it in English, even if it's as simple as "GO! GO!" .
My dog Elly FTW:

*Alot of people have been asking to help me with various things on the site, many of which involve sharing files between me and other members. Since I get asked almost every day, to do this or collaborate with me personally, use
gives you a lot more free space than normal to work with if that helps, but mainly, it's easier than me getting a thousand emails I have to download and upload with a file again to reply
. Thanks for wanting to help though!
SRhyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 05:58 PM   #6
oceangirl_ninja
Genin Elite

oceangirl_ninja has been known to deface Sannin monuments in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRhyse
I don't know if I'm suppose to say this, but the honest truth for why we didn't is that-

We wanted to get the episodes out to you guys as soon as we could; things related to songs and lyrics take a little longer to put together, so we passed on it for the ones that aired. There isn't a super secret reason for why we didn't that you'd find interesting, we just didn't want to make you wait any longer.

Rest assured, however, they'll be translated and all that on the DVDs.

I also don't see how I can get in trouble for saying this at the moment, so you can take this as The Official Viz Word on it.

And personally, I speak Japanese and agree with tomarnk on the Naruto song lyrics, as well as most Japanese Pop music. I love it and listen to it, but what they're actually saying in the lyrics tends to be disappointing.

If there is something cool in the song, they usually say it in English, even if it's as simple as "GO! GO!" .
Oh okay thank you
Have you ever felt you are stuck in motion while everyone else moves forward? a desparing loneiness in the world. longing for the sweet innocence of childhood, but know that too much time has passed and reality has made it's mark. Struggling to stay in the imaginary, losing yourself to stories and dreams. we realize that we are not immortal and the dreams come crashing down.

I just saved a kitten from a tree
oceangirl_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 01:58 PM   #7
jhokage613
Chunin Exam Participant

Location: In the Emergency Room at the hospital saving patients lives.
jhokage613 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I kinda like it cause you can learn the song and not know what there saying and than you can sing it and people are like what are you singing and you can be like idk but its awesome

I am Lady Tsunades assistant ^_^
"I've become a part of their heart, just as they've become a part of mine. My friends are my power and I'm theirs". -Ventus Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep

jhokage613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 02:43 PM   #8
Toma RNK
Village Counsel Sage
The Dandy Man

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhokage613
I kinda like it cause you can learn the song and not know what there saying and than you can sing it and people are like what are you singing and you can be like idk but its awesome
I will say that with the exception of the two newest themes, I have always preferred karoke op/ed's

May 18th 2009: PM Hell... never forget.
Best post ever!

Always remember

Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from evil.
Toma RNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 02:45 PM   #9
jhokage613
Chunin Exam Participant

Location: In the Emergency Room at the hospital saving patients lives.
jhokage613 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

well that was cool but it dosent really matter to me ethier way I like to know what im singing but in a way i dont care as long as it sounds aweosme in japenese

I am Lady Tsunades assistant ^_^
"I've become a part of their heart, just as they've become a part of mine. My friends are my power and I'm theirs". -Ventus Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep

jhokage613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 04:22 PM   #10
Tobimadara12
Freshmen Academy Student

Tobimadara12 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

well.. the fansubs are kinda bad, but just look at the jap words
Tobimadara12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 04:11 PM   #11
deidara330
Mr. Serious

deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.deidara330 is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

I actualy prefer the songs NOT to be subbed.
deidara330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 04:26 PM   #12
Kuroda Taishi
Banned

Kuroda Taishi is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody101001 View Post
Why dont they sub the beginning and end songs if they should the episode they should sub everything including the songs
...they do
Kuroda Taishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 06:49 PM   #13
sasruto
Veteran Chunin

sasruto is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

The people or group that "sang" this song "sang" in japanese. They can't change songs.
sasruto is offline   Reply With Quote