Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Anime Discussion

Naruto Anime Discussion General discussions about the Naruto anime series. Do not spoil content that has not been aired in an episode in this forum!

Old 01-01-2010, 02:55 PM   #1
Kakashi Sensai
Genin

Kakashi Sensai is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Why'd Kakashi name it Chidori when he was small, but Lightning blade when he is jonin

Why'd Kakashi name it Chidori when he was small, but Lightning blade when he is an older jonin?
Kakashi Sensai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 03:02 PM   #2
NARUTARD93
Special Jonin Candidate

NARUTARD93 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.NARUTARD93 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.NARUTARD93 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.NARUTARD93 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.NARUTARD93 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.NARUTARD93 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.NARUTARD93 has a spectacular chakra aura going on.
Send a message via Skype™ to NARUTARD93
Default Re: Why'd Kakashi name it Chidori when he was small, but Lightning blade when he is j

It's named Chidori because it sounds like 1000 birds. It got the nickname Lighting Blade when Kakashi used it to cut a lighting bolt in half.

Quote:
The world may never know the secret that is NARUTARD.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote:
oooooooo it's a dragon! it's a lion! NO IT'S NARUTARD!
Quote:
This is the Insanity known as NARUTARD!!!!
Quote:
so your the infamous NARUTARD the terrifying
Quote:
O.O ALL HAIL NARUTARD!!!!!!
NARUTARD93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 03:14 PM   #3
NarutoUzumaki12
Special Jonin Candidate

NarutoUzumaki12 has completed a tough C-rank mission!NarutoUzumaki12 has completed a tough C-rank mission!NarutoUzumaki12 has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: Why'd Kakashi name it Chidori when he was small, but Lightning blade when he is j

because Kakashi cut lightining with Chidori

Naruto is Finnaly where it belongs on Toonami

Currently playing: Assassin's Creed 3

Spoiler:
Rest in peace Neji
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NarutoUzumaki12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 03:18 PM   #4
Kakashi Sensai
Genin

Kakashi Sensai is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

oooohhh!
Kakashi Sensai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 06:48 PM   #5
ThePurpleChidori
Chunin Exam Proctor

ThePurpleChidori is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Becuase Kakashi used Chidori to cut a lightning bolt in half, so he named it Lightning Blade.

Oh.
Quote:
More like no more sasuke lovers.
we come when there are real humans with brains and a high IQ to argue with. oh wait sasuke lovers do not have any of those qualities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toma RNK
I am starting to think people should have to take a basic competency test to use the internet.
ThePurpleChidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 09:00 PM   #6
suki
Special Jonin Candidate

suki saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

I was wondering... who gave it the nickname Lightning Blade? The story doesn't tell, does it?

The Musketeers
Gaara's Girl Kakashi's Girl suki
JOIN
suki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 09:06 PM   #7
Chidori365
Genin Elite

Chidori365 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by suki View Post
I was wondering... who gave it the nickname Lightning Blade? The story doesn't tell, does it?
Kakashi......DUH.................it is obvious
Lv1 Fire Style: Fire Needles,
Lv2 Fire style dragon flame,
Lv2 Fire style: burning phoenix,
Lv2 Fire style: Fire Ring Ninjutsu,
Lv3 Fire style: Tiger Flame Bomb,
Lv3 Fire Style: Fire Clone Tec,
Lv4 Fire Style: Firengan Ninjutsu,
Lv4 Fire Style: Plasma Purton jutsu,
Lv4 Fire Style: Radiation Houton Jutsu,
Fire Style: Power Surge Jutsu,

Kekkei-Genkai/ Shikotsu Myaku the Kaguya Clan
Nindo/To kill or be Killed
My Slave/ Konoichi
Chidori365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 11:25 PM   #8
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato
Aiding Kakashi, Yamato, & Iruka

Location: Konohagakure, with the people dearest to me. Aiding Kakashi on the battlefield and saving Yamato!
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARUTARD93 View Post
It's named Chidori because it sounds like 1000 birds. It got the nickname Lighting Blade when Kakashi used it to cut a lighting bolt in half.
what NARTARD93 said

Kakashi~

\ \ \ \
l\^ ^/l
Yamato~

, / \\
,\^^/
\\---// thnx Edyl
Iruka~

カカシ, ヤマト, イルカ! 愛してる~!
03-02, 13:09 The Immortal Watch Dog
You got Daph Rice, everyone got her
She's one of my psycho's
she's Cults banner girl
[1/7/2014 9:25:36 AM] Tuus Deus(CoP): I know Daph spends all her time staring at Kakashi pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cult of Personality
Kakashi pretending to get stabbed by Obito because he's such a nice guy and doesn't want Obito to feel about about sucking so much
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cult of Personality
I would just like you to know that I am awesome.
Quote:
All days are Cult Day.
Quote:
I disagree. The best way to get rep from Daph is to be me.
Kakashi Hatake_Yamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 11:29 PM   #9
OnyxBlossom
Special Jonin Candidate

OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

It's name was Chidori originally, but Kakashi named it the Lightning Blade when he used it to cut a lightning bolt in half; hence the name Lightning Blade. He uses both now, but I think he prefers calling it LB.

OnyxBlossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 11:48 PM   #10
ZakuraSenbon23
Genin

ZakuraSenbon23 saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnyxBlossom View Post
It's name was Chidori originally, but Kakashi named it the Lightning Blade when he used it to cut a lightning bolt in half; hence the name Lightning Blade. He uses both now, but I think he prefers calling it LB.
This.
ZakuraSenbon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 12:25 AM   #11
Chibi Shika Fangirl
Special Jonin Candidate

Chibi Shika Fangirl saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnyxBlossom View Post
Yup. ^
Old 01-10-2010, 08:06 PM   #12
NarutoBat
Freshmen Academy Student

NarutoBat is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

it is called lightning blade because he combines it with his kunai and he cut lightning
NarutoBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 08:09 PM   #13
junchurikioftheleaf
Lonely Murkrow

junchurikioftheleaf finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.junchurikioftheleaf finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.junchurikioftheleaf finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.junchurikioftheleaf finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.junchurikioftheleaf finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.junchurikioftheleaf finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.junchurikioftheleaf finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.junchurikioftheleaf finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarutoBat View Post
it is called lightning blade because he combines it with his kunai and he cut lightning
what???? *thinks* what would happen fi you put a chidori on a shuriken and threw it?
espada #0 of the escudo arrancar
I am the wayward espada, the embodiment of madness

Quote:
You sound Like a child.

And you're calling Jun an amateur? JUN of all people? The Jun who could possibly solo everyone? and YES,he can destroy you
for once someone gets it right
junchurikioftheleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 05:23 PM   #14
kokojojo
Banned

kokojojo is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by junchurikioftheleaf View Post
what???? *thinks* what would happen fi you put a chidori on a shuriken and threw it?
i think sasuke already did something like that against itachi
kokojojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 02:46 PM   #15
Sakura's White Tiger
Ninja Academy Student

Location: Resting in a field while Sakura is practiceing medical ninjutsu
Sakura's White Tiger is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Might Guy described this I believe the chunin exams that Chidori was "Chidori 1000 birds" for the sound it gave off and "Kakashi once split a bolt of lighting with it now calling it Lighting Blade"
Old 01-14-2010, 02:50 PM   #16
Jinchiruuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by junchurikioftheleaf View Post
Sasuke does this when he fights Itachi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokojojo View Post
i think sasuke already did something like that against itachi
Above.

Also.. the difference is not just how they were created or used but the power as well.

Lightning Blade is more powerful than a Chidori.
  Reply With Quote Add Dice Roll To Message
Old 01-14-2010, 02:57 PM   #17
Shikamaru Nara
blank

Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Shikamaru Nara is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Well, at first it was Chidori because it sounded like 1,000 birds, thus, "Chidori, 1,000 Birds!!!" Then, Kakshi had split Lightning with it, hence, the name "Lightning Blade!!!"
Shikamaru Nara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 03:32 PM   #18
Grimman21
Ninja Academy Student

Grimman21 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Chidori translates to 1000 Birds
Lightning Blade is an upgraded version of Chidori, when he used Chirdori and cut a lightning bolt in HALF!!!!

That's how I play during online, despite that fact I am still getting owned by the other team

Grimman21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:56 PM   #19
Christian
Academy Graduate

Christian is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

He cut lightining with the Chidori.
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:02 PM   #20
Chiku
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: fighting over a mini pie with Jacobjak and AkatsukiDragon13
Chiku has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Chiku has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Chiku has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Chiku has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Chiku has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Chiku has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

when did he cut lightning in half? i dont remember anything about that.
::::/\/\/\/\/\/\
::::::::::::::/
/|\
./\~
THENEXTPERSONWHOCALLSMEAGUY,ISGETTINPUNCHED!eaten
Quote:
chiku chiku chiku! = Dem Mi Acorns!"
TAR WAS HERE!x3
Chiku is offline   Reply With Quote