Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Old 12-02-2009, 04:40 PM   #41
Christian
Academy Graduate

Christian is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Do you believe God exists?

I really do not believe in God. (Don't kill me) Even believing in him gives me an awkward feeling. I can't have credence in something that is not proven. God is just like the Bigfoot, we can't say anything until we see him/her, face to face. I'm sorry if this is somehow offensive to you believers but this is just my honest opinion.
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 04:40 PM   #42
Azal
Special Jonin Candidate

Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.
Send a message via Yahoo to Azal

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokokurama View Post
And to what extend can he be proven or can it be reasonably accepted that he/she/it exists? Or can is God merely a fictional character written up by people?
i believe in him and he can do anything

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Azal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 04:41 PM   #43
rouge night
Special Jonin Candidate

rouge night saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Send a message via MSN to rouge night

i believe i do

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

rouge night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 04:42 PM   #44
rouge night
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by azal852 View Post
i believe in him and he can do anything
thanx i'll go withu on this 1

YouTube:
src="

Old 12-02-2009, 04:42 PM   #45
rouge night
Special Jonin Candidate

i'll never believe other wise

YouTube:
src="

Old 12-02-2009, 04:53 PM   #46
Gamabunta
Big Bad Bully
Tactless

Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachiuchiha85 View Post
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able, and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God.
- Epicurus

answer me that. (i believe in god but not the same being that most believe is "God")
His question is biased and is grounded on the assumption that God is not omnipotent.

Humanity causes evil not God. Getting rid of evil would require the eradication of humanity. By humanity I mean human nature. While it has it's evil and selfish parts, it also is the very reason why God created us in the first place.

Inaction is not malevolence. Me sitting on my ass while a convicted criminal is euthanized is not wrong.

The whole quote somehow places responsiblity in God's hands. That would you blaming all of your mistakes on your parents. It would be assinine and childish.

Let me pose this question to you:

Why do you blame God for the evilness humanity has wrought? Why do you neglect to mention the good in the world? By your logic if the presence of evil is enough to prove God doesn't exist, then why wouldn't the presence of good be enough to prove he does exist.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:59 PM   #47
itachiuchiha85
Jonin

itachiuchiha85 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamabunta View Post
His question is biased and is grounded on the assumption that God is not omnipotent. (not really, your assumption is that he is biased)

Humanity causes evil not God. Getting rid of evil would require the eradication of humanity. By humanity I mean human nature. While it has it's evil and selfish parts, it also is the very reason why God created us in the first place. (but why would god create us in his image with evil in us?)

Inaction is not malevolence. Me sitting on my ass while a convicted criminal is euthanized is not wrong. (but would you sit on your ass while your next door neighbor's daughter is being raped and you had the power to stop it? cause that is what god is doing)

The whole quote somehow places responsiblity in God's hands. That would you blaming all of your mistakes on your parents. It would be assinine and childish. (god is our parent, didnt he created us? if your parents could help you in anything they would, any good parent would. is god not a good parent?)

Let me pose this question to you:

Why do you blame God for the evilness humanity has wrought? Why do you neglect to mention the good in the world? By your logic if the presence of evil is enough to prove God doesn't exist, then why wouldn't the presence of good be enough to prove he does exist. (because god would not be sinister enough to make evil in this world )
i missed the red!!!!
"**** him.Don't act towards stupidity" ninetaled
Raibu Clan
Leader.
Yuushi

Forum's bitchy person:TBC
naruto(lifeakadeath) relation jiraiya(iou)
have you gotten an award?! check

itachiuchiha85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 05:02 PM   #48
Gamabunta
Big Bad Bully
Tactless

Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachiuchiha85 View Post
i missed the red!!!!
Evil is something that is attached to the human condition. Without it we wouldn't be human. Your claiming that God simply creating us was somehow an act of cruelty? If so I'm wondering why you and why others who have your same thought process haven't just ended it all. Wait, I know why. Because you actually like living! You want to survive. That's also apart of the human condition and something God gave us. Sure there alot of evil people in the world. Blame them, not God. Instead remember the fact that you are safe and live in a state of being where you can experience joy.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:17 PM   #49
itachiuchiha85
Jonin

itachiuchiha85 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamabunta View Post
Evil is something that is attached to the human condition. Without it we wouldn't be human. Your claiming that God simply creating us was somehow an act of cruelty? If so I'm wondering why you and why others who have your same thought process haven't just ended it all. Wait, I know why. Because you actually like living! You want to survive. That's also apart of the human condition and something God gave us. Sure there alot of evil people in the world. Blame them, not God. Instead remember the fact that you are safe and live in a state of being where you can experience joy.
Of course i want to survive, i would love to be immortal (with the "off" button lol) and i do believe in god, as i have stated before, but i just dont believe that he is omnipotent, all good, and what most believe. I believe he is human like you and i, but people, over the years, have forgotten that and put "god" as "God". (thats my belief, i respect your belief, different sides of the fence like always )
"**** him.Don't act towards stupidity" ninetaled
Raibu Clan
Leader.
Yuushi

Forum's bitchy person:TBC
naruto(lifeakadeath) relation jiraiya(iou)
have you gotten an award?! check

itachiuchiha85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:42 PM   #50
I'm
Academy Graduate

I'm is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

"Do you believe God exist?"

I'm an agnostic atheist, meaning I can't be sure one way or another, but I'm leaning to the idea that one doesn't exist. I have no way of guessing at the mind of a being that knows all and made all, but my logic tells me that since I have not seen it nor has suitable evidence been provided that suggest its existence in any way shape or form, then it is probable that it does not exist.

Also, why do people refer to god as a he?
I'm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:46 PM   #51
InuyashaGirl
Chunin

InuyashaGirl is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

i belive there is a higher power whatever his name may be
i call him god
i am a christian so i do belive
there is a god

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Pein makes it rain.
InuyashaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:49 PM   #52
I'm
Academy Graduate

Why do you call it a "him"? How can it possibly have a gender? Gender suggest reproduction, and I do not believe there is a "God" species. Though I guess your belief states that it is a male god.

Last edited by I'm; 12-08-2009 at 11:04 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:51 PM   #53
InuyashaGirl
Chunin

InuyashaGirl is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

oww thanks for correcting my its just sometimes calling it "it" sounds wierd
so lets go with all mighty?

Pein makes it rain.
InuyashaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:06 PM   #54
I'm
Academy Graduate

I guess "All-Mighty" would be a fine title to apply to "God", if three syllables too large for my taste.
Old 12-10-2009, 08:01 PM   #55
Cade
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: In a world of poverty, violence,sex,drugs,wars,arguements and racisim.Basically the U.S.A
Cade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Cade has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Really people who try to convert other people believe or disbelieve in God annoys me.

Cade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 08:08 PM   #56
rainbowrazor
Jonin

rainbowrazor has a spectacular chakra aura going on.rainbowrazor has a spectacular chakra aura going on.rainbowrazor has a spectacular chakra aura going on.rainbowrazor has a spectacular chakra aura going on.rainbowrazor has a spectacular chakra aura going on.rainbowrazor has a spectacular chakra aura going on.rainbowrazor has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

i tend to stay away from religion

rainbowrazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 08:46 PM   #57
Blind Uchiha
formerly Kuroi Kagai
Lightning Amp Disciple
Justice of the BG

Blind Uchiha just might be Kage someday.
Blind Uchiha just might be Kage someday.Blind Uchiha just might be Kage someday.Blind Uchiha just might be Kage someday.Blind Uchiha just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via Skype™ to Blind Uchiha

An argument that can be used to support God's existence is "Lack of a Counterexample." Can you prove that God does not exist? Evolution requires just as much faith to believe as believing in a god. I for one believe the scientific truth, "That something can't come from nothing." It is obvious that the universe was created by a god, Whose God that is is up to religion.

Blind Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:08 PM   #58
Narutorious
Chunin Exam Proctor

Narutorious has completed a tough C-rank mission!Narutorious has completed a tough C-rank mission!

I do believe in a God, but not in religions so of speak.
Narutorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:16 PM   #59
Azal
Special Jonin Candidate

Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Azal is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.
Send a message via Yahoo to Azal

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm View Post
"Do you believe God exist?"

I'm an agnostic atheist, meaning I can't be sure one way or another, but I'm leaning to the idea that one doesn't exist. I have no way of guessing at the mind of a being that knows all and made all, but my logic tells me that since I have not seen it nor has suitable evidence been provided that suggest its existence in any way shape or form, then it is probable that it does not exist.

Also, why do people refer to god as a he?
cus de bible says hes a he

Azal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 01:11 AM   #60
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

i would comment here but this isnt a proper question at all. theres no definite proof either way because i nvr saw one nor can i prove a 100 % sure he doesnt. although i lean aetheist

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is online now   Reply With Quote