Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2009, 10:09 PM   #21
Bacon
Moderator
Moderator
 
Bacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Walkin' through the candy-lane with Tifa.~ -.-
Posts: 36,030
Rep Power: 45
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: evolution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi-Hatake View Post
evolve -tion
-tion means process.
volve means to change.

Evolution means the process of organisms changing.

okie dokie, i dont understand why you posted that,
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:10 PM   #22
Bacon
Moderator
Moderator
 
Bacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Walkin' through the candy-lane with Tifa.~ -.-
Posts: 36,030
Rep Power: 45
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: evolution?

to everyone who posted, its all stuff ive heard before other that christinity and evolution co exist..

so to everyone thanks
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:15 PM   #23
Sai fangirl
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Sai fangirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hanging out with my awesome friends
Posts: 2,141
Rep Power: 0
Sai fangirl is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to Sai fangirl
Default Re: evolution?

I kinda believe in it.
__________________

I love music ^^

"Please take me home, too late it's gone.
I bet, you're sad. This is the best time we ever had.
Why did we have to go date, it's too easy to complicate.
Be strong when things fall apart.
Honest, this breaks my heart."- Please take me home by blink-182
Bestest Friends: Chibi Shika Fangirl, NaruCrazy2009, ccc
Forum Family:
Spoiler:
Big Sis: I<3Declan, Twin Sis: Chibi Shika Fangirl

My Star: Kiyoko *
Adopted Chibi Sai ^^
Sai fangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:46 AM   #24
ShikamaruGenius
Veteran Chunin
 
ShikamaruGenius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Montreal,Quebec
Posts: 1,218
Rep Power: 0
ShikamaruGenius is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: evolution?

c.Hook already told everything in this subject.. I didn't wanted to exlain why I'm in favor of evolution but what you said was right! I love the part with the potatoes... I don't know how they can believe in this.. And say that Evolution in impossible.. Their is a lack of Logic in this but.. people if they have faith in this than we can't do nothing.. Our logistic and rationalism make us believe the contrary... Its like that...

But seriously,

first: 1 guys and 1 girls who lived in a paradise, the girl eaten the fruit and God banned them from their world.. With this, humans would be created... So In other words.. Our ancestor are people who get banned from God paradise... Wow... I prefer to be from a Monkey !

second: Evolution has no supernatural history. Its only follow the cycle of life. If we get back to the dinosaur... when they dissapear.. The evolution turn them Into Bird, lezards and I'll pass some genaration...

Take a look at this Schema

Spoiler:


Still believe that Human came on earth As Humans ???
__________________
Even death is not to be feared by one who has lived wisely

YouTube:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
src="
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
ShikamaruGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:53 AM   #25
kzilla2000
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 6,025
Rep Power: 0
kzilla2000 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: evolution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShikamaruGenius View Post
Well I think its more logic than the Bibble things -__-.... For me its just the way its really went.
bibble? you mean "BIBLE" right?


bib-el

biyb-el XD
kzilla2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:55 AM   #26
The Demon Zabuza
"Infamous"
 
The Demon Zabuza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: England Awesomeness: 9,001
Posts: 14,027
Rep Power: 15
The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.The Demon Zabuza finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Default Re: evolution?

I love how everyone against evolution has said that there is 'obvious evidence', and yet not one single person has provided any.
__________________
Spoiler:
Wifey #1: Muffin


Wifey #2: Looney
Wifey #3: SillyTobi
Wifey #4: Gaara's Girl
Wifey #5: i_love_kakashi
Wifey #6: Kiseki
Wifey #7: XxblackxX
Wifey #8: Kiku
Wifey #9: Jonesy
Wifey #10: Kuromaki
Husband #1: Sharikage
Husband #2: Shika
Husband #3: Vex Mizuki
Husband #3056: Chidori of Death

I love them longtime. <3.

Student: Muffintop
Honey/Professor-person: Kazumi
Ma name is mistah fluffie-kins
Hikari is my daughter
MasterOfPain is also my daughter
Lady Tsunade is my ex-daughter
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I'ma rogue ninja!
Sex toy: JenniferWonderland
Slave: EmoSakura
Spoiler:

Quote:
Are we aloud to post bathing suit pics?
8D
Quote:
*swoons @ TDZ's pictures*
B-)
Quote:
TDZ is so hot.. naked ;D
Damn right.
Quote:
~glomps everyone in thread~
Ah! he reveals his true self at last.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerKunoichixxx
I love you!!! And have done since I first layed my eyes on you!!!
I feel I should point out this was a dare. But it still counts.
Quote:
*Puts Chloroform onto Tissue*
TDZ is mine!
I approve of this statement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasori
First person to not know who TDZ is.
Out of 21,000 members, only one of them doesn't know me. I call that a win.
It's precisely what you're thinking. I'm just that cool.
Quote:
Holycrapstoplookingsogoodonmycomputerscreenwasnote xpectingthatkthx

*Falls off chair
Guess what I had just posted a picture of. ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_kakashi
Yes, you can make my kitty purr lol
Think about synonyms for kitty, then realize what she just said. ;D
Quote:
Quit being so naughty my kitty is starting to purr lolz
See above. xDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sosuke Aizen
I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER
Once again, a dare. But have you seen this girl? I mean, dayum.
Incest FTW.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Quote:
You know me well.

Furthermore, as much as I find you unbelievably attractive at this point, please warn me next time.

/Hides eyes from bashfulness
Apparently, I'm hot enough to cause health issues.

Quote:
Your spot in my bed is waiting.
Sorry, but I have to go... uhh.... water my fish. *runs off to Sosuke*
Quote:
~Goes to bed with you.~ ;D!
Quote:
TDZ rejected is like cookie monster saying no to oreos
Quote:
*comes in in a school girl outfit* I'M TDZ'S FANGIRL!!
Quote:
I take back everything i've said about u-sie. u-sie hot! >.<

Spoiler:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
there u go! ^^(that is a good thing)
Quote:
Meh sweet TDZ! I lovers you bunches. ♥
Quote:
Rejection makes you stronger you know.

It's a wonder you aren't a bodybuilder.
Quote:
200 miles is a long way to an Englishmen, just like 200 years is a long time to an American.
Quote:
>.> Curse you and your infinite sig possibilities... >.<"
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashi uzumaki
i want to be urs, i want that beautiful smile to be mine
Quote:
UGK: This user has yet to learn the difference between an incorrigible ladies man and a pathetic weirdo hanging out at the park is that the ladies have to be interested.

TDZ: See above, but he has figured it out.
Quote:
TDZ, Your brain scares me in ways only clowns used to. I wish I was that smart at your age.
Quote:
Quote:
Dude...I don't care what you're wearing..mud or sand always finds its way in your pants when you play with it.
Rather like me. xDD
Quote:
TDZ somehow you just became more awesome.
Quote:
TDZ is 100% British Fan-Girl ( and is some cases Boy) Bait who is filling Girl's/Boy's Hearts with enjoyment with near every word he types.
Quote:
Hollywood got Rob Pattinson.
Viz got TDZ.
Quote:
Master/wife loves you too baby. x3
Quote:
TDZ is built amazing, not wimping, amazingly awesome shiny hair, and a hot accent. I think he wins. xD
<link rel="signature" type="text/hilarious" href="/funnysig.txt" />

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaara's Girl
*Keeps raping TDZ* P:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine
TDZ I f****** love you
Quote:
isnt every thread basically about the demon zabuza
Quote:
*Humping* xD
YOU'RE MY DADDY! YOOUU'RE MY DADDY! X333
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoD
I wanna be in your siggy ._.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiseki
/noms on Nick in the bush

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Demon Zabuza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:57 AM   #27
ShikamaruGenius
Veteran Chunin
 
ShikamaruGenius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Montreal,Quebec
Posts: 1,218
Rep Power: 0
ShikamaruGenius is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: evolution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzilla2000 View Post
bibble? you mean "BIBLE" right?


bib-el

biyb-el XD

Loll don't say nothing.... Bible Bibble XD!! its all the same lie

And yeah TDz, Its normal since they don't have any proof of this... Only the BIBLE ! Evolution got proof and research...
__________________
Even death is not to be feared by one who has lived wisely

YouTube:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
src="
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Last edited by ShikamaruGenius; 11-30-2009 at 09:00 AM.
ShikamaruGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:11 AM   #28
Bacon
Moderator
Moderator
 
Bacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Walkin' through the candy-lane with Tifa.~ -.-
Posts: 36,030
Rep Power: 45
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: evolution?

ya heres my point.....if god created us, who created him
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 04:51 PM   #29
sasori1994
Genin
 
sasori1994's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 260
Rep Power: 0
sasori1994 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: evolution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Hook View Post
If God created life, then it would be no different than life being created by itself with regards to evolution. Evolution is how species are created and change, NOT how life was created.

And Christianity can coexist with evolution. I used to be a Christian who believed in evolution. Evolution merely contradicts the book of genesis in the bible, and only if you take the book literally.
This mainly depends on how you define "Chistianity". If you define it as "someone who believes most of the Bible," than yes, it can. If you define it as "someone who believes the whole Bible," than it cannot. You mention taking the Bible literally. Not taking it literally would be the same as making up your own facts. You are only twisting the Bible's words to fit what you believe. This next part is not completely serious, only something to think about: You said we could not understand why God would do what he does. Wouldn't this mean he could have just left false evidence for evolution?
sasori1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 05:04 PM   #30
Sasori_X
Chunin Exam Proctor
 
Sasori_X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Your moms house... I'll be waiting
Posts: 1,574
Rep Power: 0
Sasori_X is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: evolution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon_army17 View Post
ya heres my point.....if god created us, who created him
Well most people say God is Omniescence. Therefore "God" is the beggining and can choose to be the beggining because he/she is all powerful. Well according to what Christian say anyways....

Bad thing is, if there is a God. We probably don't know what he/she is thinking about. For all we know he/she can be laughing at us for trying to figure out who or what he/she is. Maybe logical thinking is something God created in us Humans for us not to understand him/her. Probably God does not want to be understand.

Don't know, I'm thinking to much right now. Barely finished my killer essay... sorry if many of the stuff i said does not make sense.
__________________
"Children are pure, they know who's the strongest" ~ MASK de Smith

"Snooping as usual I see"- Robotnik and his magnificent pingas
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


More than happy to add you as a friend.
Sasori_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 05:23 PM   #31
Rotate
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Stuck Sober
Posts: 4,663
Rep Power: 12
Rotate is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rotate is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rotate is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rotate is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rotate is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: evolution?

The bible is really only stories to help you have better morals and helps you become a better person. Probibly the reason why the writers of the bible said that that there is a higher being is because they know humans are dumb enough to believe in it and will stick with the morals to go to paradise or be tortured forever. There may be a higher being after we die. But right now no one has proof that there is one. I believe that science and religion are tied together though. Both bring out the worst in each other, but push each other like rivals all for the same goal.
__________________
Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.
-Charles R. Swindoll
Spoiler:


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Rotate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 05:24 PM   #32
Sosuke Aizen
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Sosuke Aizen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: On the edge of virtual reality and reality,TX
Posts: 9,117
Rep Power: 10
Sosuke Aizen saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Send a message via Yahoo to Sosuke Aizen Send a message via Skype™ to Sosuke Aizen
Default Re: evolution?

I say evolution is real..
__________________

"Admiration is the emotion farthest from comprehension"


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Forum Mama: Katsu Uchiha
Sosuke Aizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 05:52 PM   #33
C. Hook
Genin Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 453
Rep Power: 0
C. Hook is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: evolution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasori1994 View Post
This mainly depends on how you define "Chistianity". If you define it as "someone who believes most of the Bible," than yes, it can. If you define it as "someone who believes the whole Bible," than it cannot. You mention taking the Bible literally. Not taking it literally would be the same as making up your own facts. You are only twisting the Bible's words to fit what you believe. This next part is not completely serious, only something to think about: You said we could not understand why God would do what he does. Wouldn't this mean he could have just left false evidence for evolution?
The Bible cannot be taken for the exact truth because it is written by man. The different accounts of Jesus' life in the New Testament sometimes contradict; does that mean we should accept that all of them are completely true and reality just doesn't make sense?

And if you think that any evidence for evolution could be planted, then I could just say that any evidence of anything is really part of the virtual simulation the machines have made after enslaving us humans and putting us into the Matrix.

And asshats deciding who is or who is not Christian made me leave the faith.
C. Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:10 PM   #34
Gamabunta
Big Bad Bully
Tactless
 
Gamabunta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 9,139
Rep Power: 13
Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Default Re: evolution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Hook View Post
The Bible cannot be taken for the exact truth because it is written by man. The different accounts of Jesus' life in the New Testament sometimes contradict; does that mean we should accept that all of them are completely true and reality just doesn't make sense?

And if you think that any evidence for evolution could be planted, then I could just say that any evidence of anything is really part of the virtual simulation the machines have made after enslaving us humans and putting us into the Matrix.

And asshats deciding who is or who is not Christian made me leave the faith.
Well actually it can. Because you see if you believe the bible, it states that it is actually divinely inspired. So you see either you believe it is the word of God or you don't. The fact that it was written by men is irrelevant and an overall weak argument.

Of course evidence for evolution hasn't been planted. If it was we would've found it by now. We have found absolutely no evidence for macroevolution with the creation of new genes, because it doesn't exist, so it could never have been planted.

Allowing others actions to decide how you live your life? It seems like you were a person of weak faith to begin with, and cannot even accept responsiblity for choosing to believe what you believe. Humans are not perfect, not even ones who are Christians. Blaming God or religion for their actions, shows a high level of immaturity.
__________________
Aurego and Noodles
Gamabunta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:37 PM   #35
C. Hook
Genin Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 453
Rep Power: 0
C. Hook is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: evolution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamabunta View Post
Well actually it can. Because you see if you believe the bible, it states that it is actually divinely inspired.
The bible is true because it is divinely inspired. It states that it is divinely inspired, which means it was.

Gee, I see no circles there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamabunta View Post
So you see either you believe it is the word of God or you don't. The fact that it was written by men is irrelevant and an overall weak argument.
It was divinely inspired.

And then written down by man, who has a knack for changing it (Unless you actually think the King James version is close to the original).

Your point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamabunta View Post
Of course evidence for evolution hasn't been planted. If it was we would've found it by now. We have found absolutely no evidence for macroevolution with the creation of new genes, because it doesn't exist, so it could never have been planted.
Term is not scientifically used, because it is often used to refer to different things and has non-science origins.

Also,
http://www.newscientist.com/article/...n-the-lab.html
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc/

Have fun.

And then there's the fossil record, but that was obviously placed by a giant flood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamabunta View Post
Allowing others actions to decide how you live your life?
Certainly. It proved to me that others were willing to try to force their belief of Christianity on me, and their accusations of my faith being false with their own being true were pretty much what made me decide not to think either way when it comes to faith.

But what does faith have to do with the scientific theory of evolution again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamabunta View Post
It seems like you were a person of weak faith to begin with,
Looks like you're another one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamabunta View Post
and cannot even accept responsiblity for choosing to believe what you believe.
LOLwut?

I went through confirmation, buddy.

The bible was necessary reading. I take full responsibility for actually making the decision.They were merely one of the factors that influenced me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamabunta View Post
Humans are not perfect,
Hey, you just refuted your first part! Humans aren't perfect! (Especially at writing down information)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamabunta View Post
not even ones who are Christians.
So Christians are morally>Non-Christians.

Nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamabunta View Post
Blaming God or religion for their actions, shows a high level of immaturity.
You know what shows a high level of immaturity? Turning a discussion about whether it's possible to reconcile a scientific theory that disagrees with the bible in some parts with the bible into an attack on the religious faith of your opponent.

Seriously, I was taking you seriously in the other thread, and then you unload this bull. If you want to be civil, then please, talk about the subject at hand instead of attacking people for "abandoning the faith."
C. Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:54 PM   #36
Gamabunta
Big Bad Bully
Tactless
 
Gamabunta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 9,139
Rep Power: 13
Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Gamabunta finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Default Re: evolution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Hook View Post
The bible is true because it is divinely inspired. It states that it is divinely inspired, which means it was.

Gee, I see no circles there!



It was divinely inspired.

And then written down by man, who has a knack for changing it (Unless you actually think the King James version is close to the original).

Your point?



Term is not scientifically used, because it is often used to refer to different things and has non-science origins.

Also,
http://www.newscientist.com/article/...n-the-lab.html
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc/

Have fun.

And then there's the fossil record, but that was obviously placed by a giant flood.



Certainly. It proved to me that others were willing to try to force their belief of Christianity on me, and their accusations of my faith being false with their own being true were pretty much what made me decide not to think either way when it comes to faith.

But what does faith have to do with the scientific theory of evolution again?



Looks like you're another one of them.



LOLwut?

I went through confirmation, buddy.

The bible was necessary reading. I take full responsibility for actually making the decision.They were merely one of the factors that influenced me.



Hey, you just refuted your first part! Humans aren't perfect! (Especially at writing down information)



So Christians are morally>Non-Christians.

Nice.



You know what shows a high level of immaturity? Turning a discussion about whether it's possible to reconcile a scientific theory that disagrees with the bible in some parts with the bible into an attack on the religious faith of your opponent.

Seriously, I was taking you seriously in the other thread, and then you unload this bull. If you want to be civil, then please, talk about the subject at hand instead of attacking people for "abandoning the faith."
Right so you either belief it or you don't. It's a simple choice nothing more. The fact that it was written by man is not an argument which can refute the validity of the Bible. Your simple mind can grasp that concept I hope.

I appreciate your smugness. It makes it all the more gratifying to tear down your agruments one by one. And watch as I proceed to do that.

The first link you provided was a case in which a closed ecosystem of bacteria developed rare traits. In other words it was a recessive trait that required a specific sequence of genes, genes which the bacteria possessed. It did not include the addition of entirely new genes necessary to create macroevolution.

I can already stop reading the first at the second paragraph. Why? Because of the theory of common descent. I believe the evidence that refutes any such possibility was already mentioned. Yes folks the answer is the differing number of chromosomes from species to species. Their gene pools are completely incompatible because of this.

Of course the fossil record. The one that shows all the missing links and validates macroevolution, while tearing down any counter arguments. The one that doesn't exist. The fossil record has not revealed the various missing links necessary for gradual Darwinian evolution.

Faith has nothing to do with evolution. I didn't bring it up. I just simply responded to your post as I wll continue to do.

That's my point. Me refusing to believe in a theory such as evoluton because you try to make me believe it, would be ****ing stupid. Now simply apply that to your claims as to why you chose to reject Christianity. You blame the actions of others, and have no beliefs of your own.

If you think I'm forcing my beliefs upon you, you are a dumb ass. Not only a dumb ass, but a brainwashed dumb ass. This can also be seen by you assuming that I think Christians are of a higher morale fiber. Something I obviously do not believe, as I have no quams about being brutally truthful.

Once again I didn't bring religion into this, I just responded to your post. Then again it seems you are attempting to thrust responsiblity on other people once again.

Oh and what the hell is confirmation? That's not biblical. Then again I wouldn't expect you to know that seeing as you obviously have never gone through the trouble of reading or researching the bible.
__________________
Aurego and Noodles
Gamabunta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:14 PM   #37
sasori1994
Genin
 
sasori1994's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 260
Rep Power: 0
sasori1994 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: evolution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Hook View Post
The Bible cannot be taken for the exact truth because it is written by man. The different accounts of Jesus' life in the New Testament sometimes contradict; does that mean we should accept that all of them are completely true and reality just doesn't make sense?

And if you think that any evidence for evolution could be planted, then I could just say that any evidence of anything is really part of the virtual simulation the machines have made after enslaving us humans and putting us into the Matrix.

And asshats deciding who is or who is not Christian made me leave the faith.
I already said the last part was not entirely serious. And you have no proof that that we are not in the Matrix, you simply do not believe it. It is the same way I believe the Bible is true.

I don't remember saying anything about who is and who is not a Christian. Where did that come from? I am sorry you were treated that way, but Christians must face persecution...
sasori1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:20 PM   #38
Bacon
Moderator
Moderator
 
Bacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Walkin' through the candy-lane with Tifa.~ -.-
Posts: 36,030
Rep Power: 45
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: evolution?

wow someone is pissed, and i see your point.....lets just leave it at

scienced & religion are of the same brach,

-that which cannot be proven is the nature of religion and science.
gama i apologize if my topic brought this crap out, all i wanted was someone elses opinion
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:26 PM   #39
Anbu-Phoenix
Special Jonin Candidate
 
Anbu-Phoenix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Why do you wanna know i think its kinda private, Pervert!
Posts: 3,520
Rep Power: 0
Anbu-Phoenix is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Anbu-Phoenix
Default Re: evolution?

I think its more plosiable then a imaginary man in the sky who made everything in 6 days who had a son who was a half naked jew who was nailed to to sticks then thrown in a cave to have dissapeared and everyone beleive its fu*king magic
__________________
Electricity is really just organized lightning.

Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

I would never want to be a member of a group whose symbol was a guy nailed to two pieces of wood.
---
George Carlin
Blood Village For Life!!!
Love Hurts But Being Unloved Hurts Worse ~ Me
Anbu-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:32 PM   #40
Bacon
Moderator
Moderator
 
Bacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Walkin' through the candy-lane with Tifa.~ -.-
Posts: 36,030
Rep Power: 45
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: evolution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anbu-Phoenix View Post
I think its more plosiable then a imaginary man in the sky who made everything in 6 days who had a son who was a half naked jew who was nailed to to sticks then thrown in a cave to have dissapeared and everyone beleive its fu*king magic
thats uncalled for, i dont agree with *poof* and the world was created,but no need to resort to cussing as well
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.