Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Old 11-18-2009, 06:26 PM   #1
Ur Mom
Special Jonin Candidate

Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Awards Showcase

Default Regarding a recent Nuclear policy suggestion

Part 1
Recently, a new policy/treaty has been presented by the U.N. to the U.S., China, and most other major countries that have nuclear technology (not Pakistan, India, Iran, or Kazganistan though)
Many have already signed it, of which I know : China, the U.K, and France

It is called the first strike policy:

- These states are to not strike first during a war regarding Nuclear WMD's. It is only when the enemy has fired its first projectile that these states may attack. All force is allowed thereafter.
This is it in a SUPER summarization

SO, WHAT DO YOU THINK, SHOULD THIS BE DONE, OR NOT, BY THE U.S.... THINK ABOUT THE DISADVANTAGES AND ADVANTAGES, AND WOULD WE REALLY FOLLOW THROUGH...
Part 2
MY PROPOSAL!

It is essentially the same thing as the above, with SOME changes.
1) The state isn't allowed to use a first strike to NATIONS WITHOUT NUCLEAR TECHNOLOGY! Although is seems that we wouldn't do that, we did. Japan back in WWII was NOT a nuclear weapon bearing country. Thus, against countries like Japan was back then, under NO circumstances shall we do that.
2) Against Nuclear technology bearing countries, we ARE able to use other WMD's other than the Nuclear bomb 1st. This would ensure no large people at a time can be hurt by explosive means. Even though Biological weapons are deadly, they do not leave behind something that cannot be inhabitable for 100 years, unlike what happens with Nuclear bombs. Also, there are cures being made for things in Bio Weapons, so the WMD usage would only be about advantage on how to treat these (gives a HUGE chance of spies though)

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS?!

Ur Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:28 PM   #2
Ur Mom
Special Jonin Candidate

Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Ur Mom has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Awards Showcase

Default Re: On a recent Nuclear policy suggestion

I personally think I should find a way to see if I can put my proposal in the U.N.

Old 11-20-2009, 08:59 PM   #3
Sabra Kusabana
Veteran Chunin

Sabra Kusabana is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Sabra Kusabana

"I am not sure of the weapons that will be used in WW III, but I know in WW IV we will use sticks and stones..." ~Albert Einstein

There could be nothing truer said about nuclear war then the above.

Nuclear weapons are a most violent solution to confrontation. They leave behind more destruction then any other thing we have yet come up with. They should be withheld from use unless there is no other means to stopping the threats at hand. I don't care one way or another if they're not used on place without the technology because the past has shown that sometimes those less advanced then other with enough fury can overcome a presumed greater power and cause just as much destruction as their opponets, even if they are undergeared.

That doesn't change that I believe them a last resort, a way of putting your foot down for quite literally decades. Nuclear power and weapons are both useful, and much overkill. They are a double edged sword, push one way and you overcome a challenge, but be pushed and you may slice yourself. And while I as the man I quoted above do not know what will happen and what will be used in the next great war, I agree that when it's over we will be a withered shell of what we are now. Sticks and stone may well be all we have to bring to bare after that, and it will be a dark day in human history... That is if anyone even survives the next great war.

If, No, When nuclear war happens there is a strong chance that there will be nothing left after the smoke clears, because the smoke might not clear for years. A nuclear war would threaten to cause a global white out from smoke that could throw the planet into a catastrophic ice age because smoke and dust block the sun. It would take more bombs then I want to think about, but the truth is enough exist to bring about such already. There's enough power and explosives already made to send the whole world back to the stoneage, and most people don't even think about.

I don't think humans should have ever created something so distructive, it's beyond our capacity to grasp such power in full form. There's no way I can trust human minds and wills to really understand what they have made by the creation of such things. Beyond that the ones most likely to bare such strength and use this currupting power are the very ones who would ignore any rules we set down. It's like leaving a clepto in a room of shiny objects and telling him to be good and not steal. He can't help it, and he won't care about the rules, there will still be something taken. Only in this case what could be taken is not some simple bauble, but the future of the world and all within it. Not just humans, but everything, plants, animals, insects, even things we can't see. It could all go dark, because someone desided to start trouble, and it got out of control.

What matter do the rules make if one wrong choice could start a chain reaction of destruction that will leave nothing but fallout in it's wake? When nuclear weapons are used the next time this world will shake in fear and anger. That fear and anger will cause more weapons to be used in retalliation and the desire to protect ourselves, but using them again will only result in further devistation. It's a cycle that should have never been invented, and it will happen someday. Just pray for your own sake that it's not in your lifetime, because no one can stop it when it finally starts. It will someday.

Last edited by Sabra Kusabana; 11-20-2009 at 09:08 PM.
Sabra Kusabana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 07:38 AM   #4
Ur Mom
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabra Kusabana View Post
"I am not sure of the weapons that will be used in WW III, but I know in WW IV we will use sticks and stones..." ~Albert Einstein

There could be nothing truer said about nuclear war then the above.

Nuclear weapons are a most violent solution to confrontation. They leave behind more destruction then any other thing we have yet come up with. They should be withheld from use unless there is no other means to stopping the threats at hand. I don't care one way or another if they're not used on place without the technology because the past has shown that sometimes those less advanced then other with enough fury can overcome a presumed greater power and cause just as much destruction as their opponets, even if they are undergeared.

That doesn't change that I believe them a last resort, a way of putting your foot down for quite literally decades. Nuclear power and weapons are both useful, and much overkill. They are a double edged sword, push one way and you overcome a challenge, but be pushed and you may slice yourself. And while I as the man I quoted above do not know what will happen and what will be used in the next great war, I agree that when it's over we will be a withered shell of what we are now. Sticks and stone may well be all we have to bring to bare after that, and it will be a dark day in human history... That is if anyone even survives the next great war.

If, No, When nuclear war happens there is a strong chance that there will be nothing left after the smoke clears, because the smoke might not clear for years. A nuclear war would threaten to cause a global white out from smoke that could throw the planet into a catastrophic ice age because smoke and dust block the sun. It would take more bombs then I want to think about, but the truth is enough exist to bring about such already. There's enough power and explosives already made to send the whole world back to the stoneage, and most people don't even think about.

I don't think humans should have ever created something so distructive, it's beyond our capacity to grasp such power in full form. There's no way I can trust human minds and wills to really understand what they have made by the creation of such things. Beyond that the ones most likely to bare such strength and use this currupting power are the very ones who would ignore any rules we set down. It's like leaving a clepto in a room of shiny objects and telling him to be good and not steal. He can't help it, and he won't care about the rules, there will still be something taken. Only in this case what could be taken is not some simple bauble, but the future of the world and all within it. Not just humans, but everything, plants, animals, insects, even things we can't see. It could all go dark, because someone desided to start trouble, and it got out of control.

What matter do the rules make if one wrong choice could start a chain reaction of destruction that will leave nothing but fallout in it's wake? When nuclear weapons are used the next time this world will shake in fear and anger. That fear and anger will cause more weapons to be used in retalliation and the desire to protect ourselves, but using them again will only result in further devistation. It's a cycle that should have never been invented, and it will happen someday. Just pray for your own sake that it's not in your lifetime, because no one can stop it when it finally starts. It will someday.
Let's just hope that 2012 IS the end of the world so that can't happen LOL! (not really)

Old 11-21-2009, 08:13 AM   #5
JCTKNE4E
has a red hand print on his cheek

JCTKNE4E is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JCTKNE4E is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JCTKNE4E is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JCTKNE4E is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JCTKNE4E is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.JCTKNE4E is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Default Re: Regarding a recent Nuclear policy suggestion

THis has basically been an unwritten rule from the get-go. We only used the nuke in Japan to end a world war, and to establish ourselves as a world power. Since that, we've had many military deployments, but never brought out the nukes. Honestly, if we ever were under nuclear attack, you can bet retaliation would be immediate, and all rules would go out of the window anyway. This treaty is completely unnecessary, it changes literally nothing as I see it now. Maybe I'm wrong, and someone can correct me, but thats how I see it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
they dealed my thread why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
can any1 pm me some yuri please

Quote:
thats why we call you reatard.

Quote:
私は、スーパー倒錯者。
Quote:
supposedly japanese but i have my doubts lol

JCTKNE4E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 04:41 PM   #6
Ur Mom
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Default Re: Regarding a recent Nuclear policy suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTKNE4E View Post
THis has basically been an unwritten rule from the get-go. We only used the nuke in Japan to end a world war, and to establish ourselves as a world power. Since that, we've had many military deployments, but never brought out the nukes. Honestly, if we ever were under nuclear attack, you can bet retaliation would be immediate, and all rules would go out of the window anyway. This treaty is completely unnecessary, it changes literally nothing as I see it now. Maybe I'm wrong, and someone can correct me, but thats how I see it.
yeah, but no in the same time...