Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Old 11-17-2009, 05:20 PM   #21
battlehorse
Chunin Exam Proctor

battlehorse is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: Why Kids fail in school

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie ruler View Post
I think kids fail in school because they don't care. I use myself as an example. i don't care about school i do the bare minimum to pass and only pass the class i need for graduation.
yeah i only put in 12% effort in class and because of that i got a C in math.
battlehorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 05:22 PM   #22
TNA Kitten
Veteran Chunin

TNA Kitten is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to TNA Kitten

If i was you two..I would put in 100% effort in..
TNA Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 05:24 PM   #23
battlehorse
Chunin Exam Proctor

battlehorse is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNA Kitten View Post
yeah well i think i will fail math in the midterm if i dont pass the test tomorow.i think i will put in 57% effort.
battlehorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 05:24 PM   #24
ItachiAnbu
Special Jonin Candidate

ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.ItachiAnbu is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SasukeUchiha10990 View Post
Well not in every case. But in mine it was... I have a problem with retaining information and loosing my school work. They helped for not even a full week. So I just stopped going.
Most children, especially boys, have or have had this problem. It used to be my biggest issue. I still lose things, even now. But, in my defense, there are so many subjects that I have to pay attention to. Plus, I don't often lose the assignment that are given to me by the teachers of my favorite classes.

I have become very good at retaining information. I take notes, but mostly just to ingrain certain concepts in my head, and to study for the finals. The act of taking the notes is often of more use than the notes themselves. I retain lots of info just by hearing or seeing it. That's how I learn. At a certain age, I just got really good at listening and watching.

To me, it sounds like you quit too soon.

Quote:
Indeed..you just said you have a problem...so you are the cause..not the school.
Let's not play the blame game. It could be any combination of the two.

Quote:
Even I don't put in 100% percent effort. I try, but I honestly have other things I need to worry about. That being said, I put in as much effort as I can, which I would guess is somewhere between 80% and 90%.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ItachiAnbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 09:37 AM   #25
blackstar160
Genin

blackstar160 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I think its because most kids think its boring and unentertaining to them,but their could be a another reason.
blackstar160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 08:32 PM   #26
Sabra Kusabana
Veteran Chunin

Sabra Kusabana is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Sabra Kusabana

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstar160 View Post
I think its because most kids think its boring and unentertaining to them, but there could be a another reason.
The above is true. A fair number of people never learn the value of school, and many consider it an interruption to their life that they don't benefit from in any fashion. While that is untrue, that is still a common perception. Many people devalue education. It's a sad but true fact that there are people who really do believe that education is unnessisary. There are those that feel all you need to know are trade/profession based skills and that the rest is just fluff with no real point.

People fail in school for literally hundreds of reasons, some their own others not. There's no real way to scale that in a logical manner because life is anything but logical. However there are some things that can be changed, and sometimes they are. Even with those things though there has to be motivation and desire for that change that alot of people simply lack. They lack the will to succeed or to even try. This is what is causing failure among many students. They don't want it, they have no desires.

School can be pretty boring and unentertaining, preticularly in classes you're forced into for graduation or to qualify for X degree/certificate. Still the ones that are required are for a reason. Think for a second if you never took math, how would you ever know if you're getting screwed when you pay for something, or even how much money you have to spare? If you never took any history then we'd all be doomed to repeat it, history does that enough without ignorance being added in. Even science, imagine never learning what makes certain things work in this world, or even simply not learning how to properly pour a dangerious substance into a container, that could get you killed or injured. English and other language classes are often underestimated, but think about how you view people who speak and write well, they're more convincing and endearing then those with broken speech and poor wording. That gives them an edge in social things, which can lead to much bigger goals and achievements.

People seem to have forgotten something when they think of school, how they feel toward those that are uneducated in the things they are. That feeling of either disgust annoyance or even superiority that one can get from being around those that simple don't know as much as you do about the given subject at hand. Do you ever want someone to find you annoying, or think themselves better then you? Most people don't want that. So why do they devalue their minds so? Because they're not thinking about it. We need to think about it. People need to think about what education means to them and to their families. They need to see what it gets them, and what it's really worth to their life.

Real value needs to be placed on education again. We're turning into a society without goals where everything is bottle fed to us. That's alot of what's happening to education. People think if they don't get schooling that's okay the government will help you, you can get on whatever X program because of X reason and because you failed. That totally disgusts me about society today. There is no more drive to be better then we were before. There is no drive, no desire, no value put on education and knowledge today. We need those things back if we are to ever really succeed as a society.

Last edited by Sabra Kusabana; 11-20-2009 at 08:38 PM.
Sabra Kusabana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 06:57 PM   #27
narutoultra
Chunin Exam Proctor

narutoultra is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

It can be for practically any reason, many times kids or parents, and occasionally even teachers, or a poor school. Even when you know who is causing it you still must ask yourself how and that brings up hundreds of reasons in all.

One thing i do know, this thread made me despise TNA Kitten to a high extent

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
narutoultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 06:59 PM   #28
Sai fangirl
Special Jonin Candidate

Sai fangirl is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to Sai fangirl

Kids fail because school sucks and we have better things to do in our lives.

I love music ^^

"Please take me home, too late it's gone.
I bet, you're sad. This is the best time we ever had.
Why did we have to go date, it's too easy to complicate.
Be strong when things fall apart.
Honest, this breaks my heart."- Please take me home by blink-182
Bestest Friends: Chibi Shika Fangirl, NaruCrazy2009, ccc
Forum Family:
Spoiler:
Big Sis: I<3Declan, Twin Sis: Chibi Shika Fangirl

My Star: Kiyoko *
Adopted Chibi Sai ^^
Sai fangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 05:11 PM   #29
nightfire
Chunin

nightfire is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

i think they mostly fail because they are not willing to put in the work, i believe that kids are smart enough to succed in school but they just don't do the work. And my work i just dont mean homework. I mean asking for help, getting outside help, doing homework, taking notes and studying. I think anyone can do it if they try hard enough. Social factors as well as a crappy home enivornment can also make studying hard, and with the home enivornment it can make it close to impossible

"If human beings were shown what they're really like, they'd either kill one another as vermin, or hang themselves."
Aldous Huxley
nightfire is offline   Reply With Quote