Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Cutting Edge > Debate Forum

Debate Forum Debate interesting non-Naruto topics. All forum rules apply.

Old 11-17-2009, 03:35 PM   #1
TNA Kitten
Veteran Chunin

TNA Kitten is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to TNA Kitten
Default Why Kids fail in school

Naruto/Fan Boy complained about failing in school..and now i just want to show you the reason why this happens..

Many teens experience a time when keeping up with school work is difficult. These periods may last several weeks and may include social problems as well as a slide in academic performance.

Research suggests that problems are more likely to occur during a transitional year, such as moving from elementary to middle school, or middle school to high school.

Some adolescents are able to get through this time with minimal assistance from their parents or teachers. It may be enough for a parent to be available simply to listen and suggest coping strategies, provide a supportive home environment, and encourage the child's participation in school activities.

However, when the difficulties last longer than a single grading period, or are linked to a long-term pattern of poor school performance or behavior problems, parents and teachers need to intervene.

Identifying Adolescents Who Are At Risk for Failure

Some "at-risk" indicators, such as those listed here, may represent persistent problems from the early elementary school years for some children. Other students may overcome early difficulties but begin to experience related problems during middle school or high school. For others, some of these indicators may become noticeable only in early adolescence.

To intervene effectively, parents and teachers can be aware of some common indicators of an adolescent at risk for school failure, including:
  • Attention problems as a young child -- the student has a school history of attention issues or disruptive behavior.
  • Multiple retentions in grade -- the student has been retained one or more years.
  • Poor grades-- the student consistently performs at barely average or below average levels.
  • Absenteeism -- the student is absent five or more days per term.
  • Lack of connection with the school -- the student is not involved in sports, music, or other school-related extracurricular activities.
  • Behavior problems -- the student may be frequently disciplined or show a sudden change in school behavior, such as withdrawing from class discussions.
  • Lack of confidence-- the student believes that success is linked to native intelligence rather than hard work, and believes that his or her own ability is insufficient, and nothing can be done to change the situation.
  • Limited goals for the future-- the student seems unaware of available career options or how to attain those goals.
When more than one of these attributes characterizes an adolescent, the student will likely need assistance from both parents and teachers to complete his or her educational experience successfully. Girls, and students from culturally or linguistically diverse groups, may be especially at risk for academic failure if they exhibit these behaviors. Stepping back and letting these students "figure it out" or "take responsibility for their own learning" may lead to a deeper cycle of failure within the school environment.

Last edited by TNA Kitten; 11-17-2009 at 03:42 PM.
TNA Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 03:41 PM   #2
TNA Kitten
Veteran Chunin

Default Re: Why Kids fail in school

i agree with this..
Old 11-17-2009, 03:44 PM   #3
sasu_girl
Lovely Girl :3
Special Jonin Candidate

sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.sasu_girl is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.

i can see how the reasons relate to failure. but why wouldn't parents/teachers take action. letting it play out is not what my school encourages. many of my teachers allow you to come back after or before school if you need help and let you redo assignments if needed. but that may just be my grade and my teachers. who knows?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~*~*~*슈퍼주니어*~*~*~
sasu_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 03:46 PM   #4
TNA Kitten
Veteran Chunin

True sasu..but what if the child doesnt want to come in before/stay after school? What then?
Old 11-17-2009, 03:49 PM   #5
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Super High School Level Narcissist
Quasi-Admin

Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via MSN to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Maikeru D. Shinigami

I don't necessarilly think a disconnection from the school means as much as the others .. some kids are just loners. Other than that though it sounds perfect. I know exactly why I almost failed P.E. that one year!!

YouTube:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">
Maikeru D. Shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 03:51 PM   #6
Sage Mode
Site Admin - The Great Toad Sage
Viz Administrator

Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.Sage Mode has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

Stay in school, kids!

--Viz Media

A. he is gonna say this is sweet
B. leave not saying anything
C. he is gonna close the thread

--dogboy22
Sage Mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 03:51 PM   #7
TNA Kitten
Veteran Chunin

Good Maikeru Im glad you dont blame it on teachers or others like the rest do..
Old 11-17-2009, 03:54 PM   #8
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Quasi-Admin

Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Maikeru D. Shinigami is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

Send a message via AIM to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via MSN to Maikeru D. Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Maikeru D. Shinigami

Oh no, it's not the teachers fault .. the fault resides either in the student or the parents like it's my fault I didn't dress out that year.

YouTube:
src="
Old 11-17-2009, 03:55 PM   #9
TNA Kitten
Veteran Chunin

I dont think the parent is to blame..its just the child and no one else..
Old 11-17-2009, 03:57 PM   #10
Maikeru D. Shinigami
Quasi-Admin

Awards Showcase

Let's say the student goes to their parents for help and they say no? I'm not saying all parents are like that, but some can have part of the blame put on them, usually it's the student though. Especially when you get into the middle-high school years.

YouTube:
src="
Old 11-17-2009, 04:00 PM   #11
TNA Kitten
Veteran Chunin

The parent is there to ensure the safety and well being of the child..they cant always help them..cause they will never learn..
Old 11-17-2009, 04:10 PM   #12
SasukeUchiha10990
Chunin Exam Participant

SasukeUchiha10990 saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Send a message via AIM to SasukeUchiha10990 Send a message via MSN to SasukeUchiha10990 Send a message via Yahoo to SasukeUchiha10990

Ok. I failed school because I didn't apply myself. When I did go for help the school just shoved me into a "special" class. That helped for a week and they just let me fall into the cracks. So now I am 18 and not in school going after my G.e.d because the school screwed me over.
Hikari-Chan - My Teddy Bear

SasukeUchiha10990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 04:11 PM   #13
TNA Kitten
Veteran Chunin

I dont think the school is to blame..
Old 11-17-2009, 04:14 PM   #14
SasukeUchiha10990
Chunin Exam Participant

SasukeUchiha10990 saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Send a message via AIM to SasukeUchiha10990 Send a message via MSN to SasukeUchiha10990 Send a message via Yahoo to SasukeUchiha10990

Well not in every case. But in mine it was... I have a problem with retaining information and loosing my school work. They helped for not even a full week. So I just stopped going.
Hikari-Chan - My Teddy Bear

SasukeUchiha10990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 04:16 PM   #15
TNA Kitten
Veteran Chunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SasukeUchiha10990 View Post
Well not in every case. But in mine it was... I have a problem with retaining information and loosing my school work. They helped for not even a full week. So I just stopped going.
Indeed..you just said you have a problem...so you are the cause..not the school.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:19 PM   #16
Kizomaru Yukimoto
Banned

Location: Some say if you cry you are weak, some say if you cry you are dumb, I say if you cry you are human
Kizomaru Yukimoto is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I dont get it.. Im great at school xD
Kizomaru Yukimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 05:13 PM   #17
battlehorse
Chunin Exam Proctor

battlehorse is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

i think its the kids and the school that are both to blame.thats especially true here in south california.
battlehorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 05:14 PM   #18
kakashi uzumaki
Prodigy Girl

kakashi uzumaki has a spectacular chakra aura going on.kakashi uzumaki has a spectacular chakra aura going on.kakashi uzumaki has a spectacular chakra aura going on.kakashi uzumaki has a spectacular chakra aura going on.kakashi uzumaki has a spectacular chakra aura going on.kakashi uzumaki has a spectacular chakra aura going on.kakashi uzumaki has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

i have to say i was thinking of dropping out........but hmmm...

(by the way that was like 2 years ago)

alos, why did you make the words sooo smalll?

kakashi uzumaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 05:16 PM   #19
[Shikamaru]
Special Jonin Candidate

[Shikamaru] has completed a tough C-rank mission![Shikamaru] has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Send a message via Yahoo to [Shikamaru]

Really? I got straight A's in 9th. You can't have statistics on having bad grades, kids simply don't pay attention or just can't keep up with the workload, which is why so many fail out of college their first year.
[Shikamaru] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 05:16 PM   #20
zombie ruler
Special Jonin Candidate

zombie ruler saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!zombie ruler saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Send a message via MSN to zombie ruler

I think kids fail in school because they don't care. I use myself as an example. i don't care about school i do the bare minimum to pass and only pass the class i need for graduation.
Brother - Logan
Roof - Jenny (who I sometimes lay on, sleep on, and jump off of)
???-Lone (who is forever doomed to never leave)
Sister? - kakashi uzumaki

zombie ruler is offline   Reply With Quote