Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Character Talk

Naruto Character Talk Who do you love? Who do you love to hate? Discuss your fave Naruto characters here.

Old 05-11-2011, 02:09 PM   #1
Skrall
Veteran Chunin

Skrall saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!Skrall saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!
Thumbs up Konoha's Ranking System

As you all know, ninjas throughout the Narutoworld are given four basic ranks based on their skills: Genin, Chunin, Jonin and Kage. Although, there are other ranks, they'll be irrelevant to mention.

Each Konoha Ninja is ranked based on their individual skills (fighting skills, intelectual skills...). In my personal opinion, ninjas should also be limited to a specific age in order to progress to the next rank. Age should be a factor to determine Konoha's ranking system. If you think about it, you'll understand why. Although a talent young ninja may have great potencial as a shinobi, he may lack battle experience. Providing experience by assigning a ninja to missions based on his skills and age will prepare him better and more effeciently than giving him a high rank status, despite his young age, and assigning him automatically to a harder mission to fulfill, than he's used to. He'll be more likely to fail and gain experience, until he's fully adapted to performed those higher ranked missions, will be harder and will last longer. Unless it's a trully talented ninja we're talking about, but even so....

Now I ask you guys: Should age be considered a factor to determine whether or not, a ninja should progress to the next rank?

Note: The title was planned to be 'Ninja's Ranking System' but, I realized other villages may have other systems to classify their ninjas.

Last edited by Skrall; 08-01-2011 at 10:04 AM.
Skrall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 02:13 PM   #2
Kiko-kun
Jonin
Formerly a Hyuuga

Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.Kiko-kun is now the name of a pricey dish at Ichiraku Ramen.
Default Re: Konoha's Ranking System

Well kinda.. I mean... you wouldn't want a 9 year old being kage.. >.> But a 12-13 year old could be chuunin or maybe Jonin like Shikamaru or Kakashi was... So kinda depends...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

^ My future wife.
WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.WOOT.
Kiko-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 02:29 PM   #3
Skrall
Veteran Chunin

It's the same thing as a School System. Whetere or not you transit from one grade to another depends on your potencial. Age has an influence over it.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:33 PM   #4
Kunoichi
Easily Bribed

Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.
Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.Kunoichi just might be Kage someday.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrall View Post
It's the same thing as a School System. Whetere or not you transit from one grade to another depends on your potencial. Age has an influence over it.
True, but even in modern school structures there are still gifted children who get advanced, like the 10 year old kid who was already graduating from highschool.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spoiler:

Kunoichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 06:01 PM   #5
Freshmen Academy Student
Apprentice Genin

Freshmen Academy Student is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Yes...it should happen.
Freshmen Academy Student is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:31 AM   #6
tsuki
Special Jonin Candidate

tsuki has completed a tough C-rank mission!tsuki has completed a tough C-rank mission!

As a general rule, yes. However exceptions need to be made like with prodigies such as Itachi.

B/W FC: 0948-1677-3569
tsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 02:02 PM   #7
Sakumo Hatake
Ninja Academy Student

Sakumo Hatake is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to Sakumo Hatake

I agree with Tsuki.
Sakumo Hatake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 02:13 PM   #8
Nick Tasogare
Special Jonin Candidate

Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Nick Tasogare is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nick Tasogare

Young age doesn't always mean lack of field experience. Look at Kakashi. By 13 he could detect an enemy's presence, which comes with experience.

On top of that, there's a requirement of 8 missions done before taking the Chunin Exams, 3 of which need to be C Ranked iirc. After taking the Exams, which are experience in and of themselves in several areas, as Chunin, they get plenty of experience, be it as part of a Chunin Squad or as leading a Squad.

Can Herr SRhyse and Frau Muffintop please remove my staff "powers"? The Mod Rules are a joke and everybody knows it lol I don't follow that last rule well enough, and I don't want to endanger the Communist Rule of the People's Republic of NDF. Thanks.

/Heil

Oh wait, now there's drama so I just have to watch this all blow up.
Nick Tasogare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:47 AM   #9
Skrall
Veteran Chunin

If you ask me, a village's military strenght has a big influence in its ranking system.

Take Sunagakure and Kumogakure as examples; the second fanbook gave Sunagakure a score of 2 out of 5 stars regarding its military strenght, whereas Kumogakure was marked a 5 out of 5 stars.

If a village is weak militarily then age should be considered a determinant factor in its ranking system. If potencial is spotted, I would agree on early promotion.

Militarily strong villages should encourage their shinobis in getting even stronger by not promoting them, until they meet the promotion requirements and achieve a certain age. This would proof to be beneficial later in the future because it would increase a village's military strenght (obviously ) and it would make a village's defenses even tighter.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Tasogare View Post
Young age doesn't always mean lack of field experience. Look at Kakashi. By 13 he could detect an enemy's presence, which comes with experience.
Although he was capable of detecting the enemy's presence, he recklessly charged a direct frontal attack with a Chidori towards his opponents, endangering the lifes of his comrades and the success of the mission. This only proved my point that without experience, potencial is insignificant.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:13 PM   #10
Rasengan SageX5
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: I am a resident of the multi-verse. I can transfer my mind to where ever I want to be!
Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

But look what he became after he learned to not endanger his comrades at the end of that mission. He turned into the totally awesome and skilled Copy Ninja he is today.

I love this! This is what I live for! I'M ABSOLUTELY CRAZY ABOUT IT!!!- Dante from the end of DMC 3 getting ready to pwn a bunch of minor demons.

YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Derpy Hooves:4 Twilight Sparkle:0

Rasengan SageX5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:41 PM   #11
FlashHeaven
Apprentice Genin

FlashHeaven is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I think that would be a good idea to an extent i mean to be a chunin at 6 is a serious joke. I think Genin should be like 8-12, Chunin 12-16, Jonin 17 and up, and Hokage around 25 and up it all depends if your intellectual and ready to take care of a village and know exactly to do your job as Hokage.
FlashHeaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:52 AM   #12
Sabaku.Soso
Special Jonin Candidate

Sabaku.Soso is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Sabaku.Soso is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Sabaku.Soso is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Sabaku.Soso is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Sabaku.Soso is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Sabaku.Soso is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Battle experiences are gained in battles. Everyone has a start no matter how old they are, if one starts soon, he will get mature and successful soon, isnt it good? Moreover, young people get used to with things easier, faster and more effective than the old ones.

Sabaku.Soso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 06:31 PM   #13
Kyūbi no Yōko
Special Jonin Candidate

Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Kyūbi no Yōko is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.
Send a message via Skype™ to Kyūbi no Yōko

Yes that's a good rule, cause people with ages of 7-8 don't have the mentality to be Jonin maybe or something like that, but look @ Kakashi, I mean he was like i don't know the exact age when became a Jonin and yet he created Chidori, a pretty powerful technique...

Welcome to reality.

~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~||~

universe.
Kyūbi no Yōko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ranking system