Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Mall > Video Game Central

Video Game Central For any and all game discussion threads not related to Naruto

Old 11-04-2009, 01:47 PM   #1
Vocaloid
Special Jonin Candidate

Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

Default Vocaloid's Pokemon Tournament

The Tournament is now over!

WINNER: NarutoRoxorz93!

Don't forget to +rep both NR93 and k_s!

This is my own Pokemon Tournament! Winners will be rep'd, but how much rep might change if more people decide to also rep.

DATE: Over.

RULES:

1: Follow site rules
2: Post your Friend Codes.
3: PM ME YOUR TEAMS. Movesets aren't required.
4: You must use the team you post. However, if you wish to make a change, just say so and I will edit it.
5: NO UBERS! For the list of Ubers, see here. This includes Wobbuffet and Wynaut. Any Legendaries or other Pokemon not listed are allowed, such as the Legendary Birds.
6: If the person you are fighting uses a Pokemon that's Uber or not part of their listed team, immediately let me know so they may be disqualified for breaking the rules.
7: Rule breakers may get neg-repped.
8: You may not join if the tournament has already started. Sorry, but it'd require changing who fights who, which would make a mess.
9: If the tournament has started and the battle never commences, the one who wasn't ready, was making excuses, or didn't participate will be disqualified. You will have about 6-12 days to fight per round, unless specific reasons are given as to why you can't.
10: Teams will be revealed when tournament begins so nobody can purposely create teams to beat a certain person.
11: No Pokemon with hacked stats or moves. Report if you see someone using a hacked Pokemon. And please, dont get it confused with an EV-Trained Pokemon.

These rules may be strict, but most Pokemon Tournaments follow these rules.

Prizes:
1st Place: A shiny with the Pokerus, +Rep by ShariKage, Vocaloid, and pretty much everyone else
2nd Place: A Pokemon with the Pokerus, +Rep (Less than for 1st place, none by Shari or myself)

Participants:

Konoha'sGreenThunder: 3610-0166-7043 Team- Submitted
Seargent Cornbread: 2106-8286-2019 Team- Submitted
kakashi_sempai: 4125-2947-9274 Team- Submitted
Jeremy Uchiha: 1118 9788 3509 Team- Submitted
ECW Original: 1977-2976-2212 Team- Submitted
KaiserKMPunk: Wayne- 1891-1034-7409 Team- Submitted
sonic20074- 1720 1809 5213 Team- Submitted
SasukeUchiha10990- 1591 0566 3847 Team- Submitted
NarutoRoxorz93- 1547 2222 5620 Team- Submitted
jayawesome12- 2407 4753 0689 Jay Team- Submitted

Have fun!

MATCHES: ROUND 3 Final
These were chosen with a random number generator. Even if your opponent may have a type advantage, it's not impossible to win, trust me. No, you don't have to use the 1st listed Pkmn as your first in battle. Remember, if a Pokemon used is not in their listed team or of that Pokemon's moveset, PM me. Use Bulbapedia or Serebii.net if you're unsure of movesets. Use the teams to imagine as if you were fighting

kakashi_sempai vs NarutoRoxorz93
Spoiler:

Alakazam
Aerodactyl
Gengar
Yanmega
Milotic
Metagross
vs
Togekiss
Electivire
Salamence
Metagross
Rhyperior
Scizor

Winner: NarutoRoxorz93

Last edited by Vocaloid; 12-08-2009 at 03:12 PM.
Vocaloid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 01:50 PM   #2
Konoha'sGreenThunder
Wallflower

Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Send a message via Skype™ to Konoha'sGreenThunder
Default Re: Vocaloid's Pokemon Tournament

I'll join.

Konoha'sGreenThunder: 3610 0166 7043

My team as of now is undecided.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:52 PM   #3
Seargent Cornbread
Special Jonin Candidate

Seargent Cornbread is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

When is it? I don't want to join and not be able to do it because my team isnt ready.
Seargent Cornbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 01:55 PM   #4
Vocaloid
Special Jonin Candidate

Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.Vocaloid completed an A-Rank mission and saved the forum yet again.

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seargent Cornbread View Post
When is it? I don't want to join and not be able to do it because my team isnt ready.

I haven't decided yet, but it'll be before the 20th, unless a lot of people convince me to extend it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 11-04-2009, 02:01 PM   #5
Kuroda Taishi
Banned

Kuroda Taishi is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

1. Why do people have to post thier teams?
2. The uber link did not work for me
3. Why is wobbafet illegal?
Kuroda Taishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 02:03 PM   #6
Sephiroth
Lord of Darkness
Vault Disciple

Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

man the list is kind of crazy y is garchomp a uder?? if he is should luciro or others like him be ubers

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 02:05 PM   #7
Konoha'sGreenThunder
Wallflower

Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.Konoha'sGreenThunder finished a high-profile B-Rank mission...and went unscathed.
Send a message via Skype™ to Konoha'sGreenThunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroda Taishi View Post
According to most people, "Wobbufet is only uber because it can faint anything if used correctly. With its high HP it can resist attacks then counter back with Counter or Mirror Coat to take out even the most uber of ubers. With Encore (from Wyanut) it's even better as it makes things predictable to counter. And of course, if Wobbufet falls Destiny Bond says hello. Shadow Tag just adds to the already challenging battle, forcing you to attack it in most cases only to be countered. The only plausible way to always counter it is a Physical attacking Ghost type or a Special attacking Dark type (type immunity)."

And also because it has very high HP.

-shrugs-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Uchiha View Post
man the list is kind of crazy y is garchomp a uder?? if he is should luciro or others like him be ubers
An explanation I found on Garchomp (which I don't think is really that great..):

"Garchomp has unprecedentedly high Defenses for a sweeper with a Speed just above the standard of "fast" in OU of base 100 which Salamence, Flygon, Zapdos, Celebi, Charizard, Raichu, Slaking, Tentacruel and Typhlosion flaunted before he came along. Even if he shared their Speed base, he would still come out a notch above them, due to his aforementioned Defenses, and moreover his obscenely high Attack stat with powerful Ground and Dragon STAB and a Fire attack to help obliterate everything in the metagame, given that he gets in a Swords Dance, which is perfect for him, as he clearly out-speeds the aforementioned 100 Base Speed Pokemon by a few points. Also, anything that does happen to be faster than him is still at risk of being trampled by a Choice Scarf variant, or never living to see an OHKO on him because the Yache Berry alleviates his one and only 4x weakness, making it nearly necessary to have a kamikaze attacker to knock it off him, because if he does have a Yache Berry, it's actually a very feasible thought to think that nothing OHKOs him without a considerable boost from a Choice Band/Specs or a stat-boosting move. Moreover, that move is going to have to be a Dragon move, and since Garchomp out-speeds all the game's most fearsome Dragons, he can decimate them before they are even in the wake of his ugly gaping jaw."

Last edited by Konoha'sGreenThunder; 11-04-2009 at 02:08 PM.
Konoha'sGreenThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 02:11 PM   #8
kakashi_sempai
Chunin

kakashi_sempai is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via AIM to kakashi_sempai Send a message via Yahoo to kakashi_sempai

ok are u guy still on my tournament if not then im in
the shadow ninja
is here

student : itachi_sensei

family
bro:george hyuga zenon883
lit bro: itachi_sensei
uncle:kakashi+
sister:kibafan1
kakashi_sempai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 02:12 PM   #9
Seargent Cornbread
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Wobbafet is illegal because it can learn Mirror Coat, COunter, Safeguard and Encore.

Mirror coat counter special moves.
Counter does the same with physical.
Encore forces the enemy to use the same attack.
And Safeguard makes it safe from status like toxic.

As you can see, Its a pain in the ass to take down.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:13 PM   #10
Vocaloid
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:

1: So people don't cheat by switching their teams and/or using Ubers. Most tournaments make this a requirement.
2: Pretty much, these are the Ubers:
Spoiler:
Arceus
Darkrai
Deoxys (All Forms)
Dialga
Garchomp
Giratina (Both forms)
Groudon
Ho-Oh
Kyogre
Latios
Lugia
Manaphy
Mew
Mewtwo
Palkia
Shaymin (Sky-Forme only)
Wobbuffet
Wynaut

Celebi, Jirachi, Phione, and Shaymin (Land Forme) aren't Ubers due to bad typing, movesets, and stats.

3: KGT pretty much listed why.

Last edited by Vocaloid; 11-04-2009 at 02:17 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:14 PM   #11
kakashi_sempai
Chunin

Send a message via AIM to kakashi_sempai Send a message via Yahoo to kakashi_sempai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konoha'sGreenThunder View Post
According to most people, "Wobbufet is only uber because it can faint anything if used correctly. With its high HP it can resist attacks then counter back with Counter or Mirror Coat to take out even the most uber of ubers. With Encore (from Wyanut) it's even better as it makes things predictable to counter. And of course, if Wobbufet falls Destiny Bond says hello. Shadow Tag just adds to the already challenging battle, forcing you to attack it in most cases only to be countered. The only plausible way to always counter it is a Physical attacking Ghost type or a Special attacking Dark type (type immunity)."

And also because it has very high HP.

-shrugs-

An explanation I found on Garchomp (which I don't think is really that great..):

"Garchomp has unprecedentedly high Defenses for a sweeper with a Speed just above the standard of "fast" in OU of base 100 which Salamence, Flygon, Zapdos, Celebi, Charizard, Raichu, Slaking, Tentacruel and Typhlosion flaunted before he came along. Even if he shared their Speed base, he would still come out a notch above them, due to his aforementioned Defenses, and moreover his obscenely high Attack stat with powerful Ground and Dragon STAB and a Fire attack to help obliterate everything in the metagame, given that he gets in a Swords Dance, which is perfect for him, as he clearly out-speeds the aforementioned 100 Base Speed Pokemon by a few points. Also, anything that does happen to be faster than him is still at risk of being trampled by a Choice Scarf variant, or never living to see an OHKO on him because the Yache Berry alleviates his one and only 4x weakness, making it nearly necessary to have a kamikaze attacker to knock it off him, because if he does have a Yache Berry, it's actually a very feasible thought to think that nothing OHKOs him without a considerable boost from a Choice Band/Specs or a stat-boosting move. Moreover, that move is going to have to be a Dragon move, and since Garchomp out-speeds all the game's most fearsome Dragons, he can decimate them before they are even in the wake of his ugly gaping jaw."
what i cant use Garchomp thats like the strongs pokemon i have in atttack
the shadow ninja
is here

family
Old 11-04-2009, 02:15 PM   #12
Seargent Cornbread
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashi_sempai View Post
what i cant use Garchomp thats like the strongs pokemon i have in atttack
And because of this strength, is it classified as an uber.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:17 PM   #13
Sephiroth
Lord of Darkness
Vault Disciple

Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.Sephiroth is one of the most respected ninja in  the village.

Awards Showcase

well im not sure i want to join this one yet...i will have to say if you poat your team so teh others can see it then the others can post a team that could dominate your team

Old 11-04-2009, 02:18 PM   #14
Vocaloid
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashi_sempai View Post
ok are u guy still on my tournament if not then im in

You don't have to close yours down. This one is pretty much for more I guess advanced battlers.

Old 11-04-2009, 02:19 PM   #15
Seargent Cornbread
Special Jonin Candidate

Quote:
well im not sure i want to join this one yet...i will have to say if you poat your team so teh others can see it then the others can post a team that could dominate your team
I have an idea.

How about we PM out team to Vocaloid, so he knows if we cheat, but people can't counter out teams like Jeremy said.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:19 PM   #16
Vocaloid
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:

Not Really. I won't be revealing Who's fighting Who until everyone's listed their teams and the tournament has begun, so nobody can cheat.

Old 11-04-2009, 02:20 PM   #17
Sephiroth
Lord of Darkness
Vault Disciple

Awards Showcase

true that.Because think about it if i use all electric type pokemon and post my team.Some one can easily make a team with half round and rock types so my team would be pawned

Old 11-04-2009, 02:20 PM   #18
kakashi_sempai
Chunin

Quote:
And because of this strength, is it classified as an uber.
that sucks now i need to EV train MORE POKEMON
the shadow ninja
is here

family
Old 11-04-2009, 02:21 PM   #19
Vocaloid
Special Jonin Candidate

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I have an idea.

How about we PM out team to Vocaloid, so he knows if we cheat, but people can't counter out teams like Jeremy said.

No need, my previous post shows that nobody will know who their fighting so their teams will win or lose based on luck and experience.

Old 11-04-2009, 02:21 PM   #20
Sephiroth
Lord of Darkness
Vault Disciple

Awards Showcase

well ill join i guess...i dont know my team yet i have to make them

Tags
battle, pocket monsters, pokemon, tournament, wifi