Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Mall > Series Discussion

Series Discussion Got a favorite Anime or Manga you'd like to talk about? Maybe a Light or Visual Novel you think is interesting? Bring it all here!

Old 07-23-2011, 06:33 PM   #1
RSAHinataSpringbokF1
Jonin

RSAHinataSpringbokF1 has completed a tough C-rank mission!RSAHinataSpringbokF1 has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Awards Showcase

Default Love or hate Durardura

Durarara is an anime that airs after Bleach latenight Saturdays on Adult Swim. Duradura is a gang-related anime with some young people dealing with the gangs despite living normal lives. I don't know what to say on this. Do you love or hate Durarara or what?
Viva Paraguay, Lugo y la albirroja
Paz y justicia (peace and justice)
Vive Cote d'Ivoire y vive les Elephants
Union-Discipline-Travail (Union, Discipline, Labor)
Viva Mexico y el Tri
Vive Louisiane, Saints, Drew Brees, les Habs, Quebec, et Youppi!
RSAHinataSpringbokF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 06:37 PM   #2
SasukeDude96
Veteran Chunin

SasukeDude96 has completed a tough C-rank mission!SasukeDude96 has completed a tough C-rank mission!SasukeDude96 has completed a tough C-rank mission!
Default Re: Love or hate Durardura

I've just finished watching the entire series, and I can't say I find anything worth hating about it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spoiler:

3DS A
mbassador

I know, I suck.
SasukeDude96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 06:38 PM   #3
Phariah824
Chunin Exam Participant

Phariah824 saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

well from what i have seen of it so far its ok. i haven't seen a real plot line yet. each episode talking about / introducing us to individual characters so far. can't wait to see if there is anything more to it.

Oct.15 2009 i survived Madara's first attack of turning back time
Phariah824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 12:51 AM   #4
kakashi6613
Chunin

kakashi6613 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Send a message via Skype™ to kakashi6613

I'm on like episode 6 or something, and it seems pretty interesting so far. I'm curious as to where it will go.
"It needs to be about 20% cooler."

"Yay!"
Quote:
I'll admit, I have a kinky thing for flowers...
Quote:
Listen pal, here's a little song I wrote for my kids.
MICHAEL KNIGHT, MICHAEL KNIGHT
Jutsoes, pal, my kids! Jutsoes, pal, my kids!

kakashi6613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 11:44 AM   #5
Rasengan SageX5
Special Jonin Candidate

Location: I am a resident of the multi-verse. I can transfer my mind to where ever I want to be!
Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Rasengan SageX5 is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

I've only watched the first 2 episodes so far, but from what I watched, I didn't really find anything worth hating about it. I was just totally lost though because their doesn't seem to be a central plot line.

I love this! This is what I live for! I'M ABSOLUTELY CRAZY ABOUT IT!!!- Dante from the end of DMC 3 getting ready to pwn a bunch of minor demons.

YouTube:
src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Derpy Hooves:4 Twilight Sparkle:0

Last edited by Rasengan SageX5; 07-24-2011 at 12:59 PM.
Rasengan SageX5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 11:45 AM   #6
rainbowrazor
Jonin

rainbowrazor has a spectacular chakra aura going on.rainbowrazor has a spectacular chakra aura going on.rainbowrazor has a spectacular chakra aura going on.rainbowrazor has a spectacular chakra aura going on.rainbowrazor has a spectacular chakra aura going on.rainbowrazor has a spectacular chakra aura going on.rainbowrazor has a spectacular chakra aura going on.

I watched the entire series and it's worth watching, it's awesome...^-^

rainbowrazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 12:45 PM   #7
OnyxBlossom
Special Jonin Candidate

OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

I think it's worth watching, but since I missed ten minutes of the beginning last night, I couldn't keep up with what they were talking about, so I got confused. I think it's like that for most of the series, but it's still awesome.

OnyxBlossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:38 AM   #8
Eli Goldsworthy
Chunin Exam Proctor

Eli Goldsworthy is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Eli Goldsworthy is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Eli Goldsworthy is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.Eli Goldsworthy is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

I enjoy it. It is different than the animes that I usually see on TV.

Eli Goldsworthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 06:40 PM   #9
rikuonura
Academy Graduate

rikuonura is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I loved the series (the subtitled version), at least. I haven't been paying attention to the dub much at all. All in all, the series was excellent.

rikuonura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:04 PM   #10
RSAHinataSpringbokF1
Jonin

RSAHinataSpringbokF1 has completed a tough C-rank mission!RSAHinataSpringbokF1 has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Awards Showcase

Despite of watching a few episodes of Durarara!!, I still don't understand the show's overall story. However, Simon seems fun when he makes sushi in his sushi restaurant despite being from Russia. He's fun to watch if memory serves me right.
Viva Mexico y el Tri
Old 08-03-2011, 07:07 PM   #11
OnyxBlossom
Special Jonin Candidate

OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.OnyxBlossom is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

I thought it was strange; a black Russian in Japan. xD But he's funny, not to mention strong. o.o

OnyxBlossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:18 PM   #12
RSAHinataSpringbokF1
Jonin

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnyxBlossom View Post
I thought it was strange; a black Russian in Japan. xD But he's funny, not to mention strong. o.o
Are you referring to Simon? If so, that's great for you. We know he makes sushi in his restaurant, yet he's strong to go along with his humor. No wonder he serves sushi to gang members in Russia Sushi. Fun, eh?
Viva Mexico y el Tri
Old 08-07-2011, 06:16 PM   #13
SixPathsofPainDeva
Special Jonin Candidate

SixPathsofPainDeva is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.SixPathsofPainDeva is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.SixPathsofPainDeva is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.
Send a message via Yahoo to SixPathsofPainDeva

i watched it all and i liked it but it wasnt the best i've seen. After a while i only began to watch it for Shizuo. I just wanted to see him kick ass

~*Dance me to the line of insanity
Bring me to the edge of reason
Push me under waves of uncertainy and bury me in passion
Suffocate me in chaos
Dress me in madness
Light me in the flames of trouble
and dine with me in irrelevance,
Kiss me in fear and hug me in fright,
Laugh with me when death comes demanding our lives*~
SixPathsofPainDeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 06:22 PM   #14
♥Cutietenten♥
Chunin

♥Cutietenten♥ is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.♥Cutietenten♥ is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.♥Cutietenten♥ is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.♥Cutietenten♥ is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.♥Cutietenten♥ is far along on the distinguished path of a ninja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSAHinataSpringbokF1 View Post
Despite of watching a few episodes of Durarara!!, I still don't understand the show's overall story. However, Simon seems fun when he makes sushi in his sushi restaurant despite being from Russia. He's fun to watch if memory serves me right.
It's about Tokyo's downtown district of Ikebukuro, amidst many strange rumors and warnings of anonymous gangs and dangerous occupants, one urban legend stands out above the rest the existence of a headless “Black Rider” who is said to be seen driving a jet-black motorcycle through the city streets.(Kinda confusing at the begining)

Overall the character I prefer is Izaya Ohihara because he is so sneaky and usually the cause of alot of things plus his relationship with Shizuo is hilarious^-^.But I prefer the light novels because it goes further into the story

Spoiler:

Wear a cape that says "Magnificent One"
Inform others that they exist only in your imagination
Sing the Batman theme incessantly

Last edited by ♥Cutietenten♥; 08-07-2011 at 06:27 PM.
♥Cutietenten♥ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:37 AM   #15
tsn
Freshmen Academy Student

tsn is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

i've watched a few episodes after my friend recommended it and it's awesome.
tsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:40 AM   #16
HIDAN346
Genin

HIDAN346 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

this show is really cool. and its done by the same guy who did baccano