Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Character Talk

Naruto Character Talk Who do you love? Who do you love to hate? Discuss your fave Naruto characters here.

Old 12-05-2009, 07:23 PM   #1761
flamie_chan
Chunin

flamie_chan is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: NaruSaku - SasuSaku - NaruHina Debate Central

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
lol. That's good to know, I'm starting to like you.

But alright even though I still believe it was all a lie judging from all of her actions and the way she kept on running her mouth saying she doesn't love Sasuke because of oh this and that and loving Naruto because hes so good and a big hero, I won't jump the gun then. I just found it funny that she had to come up with all of these things to say in order to be taken seriously with her confession. And yet after all of that, no one believed it.
I don't like the confession either, but we have to wait for sakura pov I guess

Fcs you would find me in
The NS, NH & SS debate thread
The Haruno Sakura FC (firegirl's)

my forum siblings
Spoiler:

big bro azmerk, big sis firegirl & big sis major_redd.

NS supporter &proud! Join the NS allience if you love the pair together!
flamie_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 07:23 PM   #1762
xXTrueLoveXx
Ninja Academy Student

xXTrueLoveXx is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightLink20xx View Post
The problem, TrueLove is that there's just nowhere near the amount of story between Naruto and Sakura for me to take NaruHina seriously as a romantic relationship. I know people will say "Shounen battle manga means Romance gets a backseat", but Naruto has not been a typical Shounen battle manga whatsoever. It has more emphasis on character than said stories, and it also is all about bonds (something Kishimoto has stated himself in interviews during Part II, might I add). Kishimoto has focused on every bond so far that was strong by developing it over time. Naruto and Sasuke didn't become best friends overnight, and his crush on Sakura didn't exactly fizzle out either. Kishimoto is serious about the romantic bond, as the past few chapters have clearly shown. If he never intended for NaruSaku to have been seen as romantic, then he wouldn't have kept things as ambiguous as he has, and would have spent more time on saying "Sakura still loves Sasuke", and would have had Naruto talk to Hinata already. For that matter, he would have given Sasuke feelings towards Sakura, something that simply isn't there. (Yes, I'm lumping the two together despite them being different things, but I'm making my point here).

But Kishimoto has not gone down that path, he has chosen to emphasize on how much Naruto and Sakura's relationship has evolved over the series. That is something you simply cannot ignore. Another thing to keep in mind: Context. I know to a lot of people, the confession is a huge blow to the gut for NaruSaku and a nudge for SasuSaku, but to say that is to remove one key issue: Naruto's point of view. Naruto is seeing things as they were, the way they were when it was just him, Sakura and Sasuke, where she'd never love him back. Sai, however, is not restricted to this point of view. We don't get to see how he was seeing the Sakura situation, because the flashback was from Naruto's. He proceeds to try to snap Naruto out of the past and get him to realize that the old Team 7 is dead. If the shattering of the Team 7 photo means anything, then Sai has succeeded. Naruto, just like Sakura, seems to understand just what has to change, and has to grow up now.

Anyways, to get back to the gist of it, yes, Naruto and Sakura have stories with other characters, but I feel that they don't have a story with someone else that is any stronger, that their bond is by far the strongest in the manga that can truly become romantic. The only bond that can rival NaruSaku is the now stagnant and completely onesided Naruto > Sasuke brother bond. It is a familial bond, something not easily broken, but it is a completely different beast from a romantic bond.

Team 7 is broken up, Sasuke has left. The story is about Naruto and Sakura trying to save their partner and bring him back on their team. Meanwhile in the time this happens, Naruto and Sakura's bond becomes stronger then before, Sakura actually starts to acknowledge Naruto and she starts treating him like she should have in the way beginning. Thats good, and yes Kishi is focused on bonds but just ebcause Sakura and Naruto are technically the main male and female doesn't mean just because their bond has become stronger doesn't mean it will turn to romance, I can imagine NH happening without knowing it was pulled out of his ass. Its blind love in my point of view, blind from Naruto, Hinata liking Naruto was the only blind love I seen. Sasuke was growing feelings for his team but when Itachi came alone he screwed that up and decided to leave the team to gain more power and cause he wa starting to change. He is right now blinded by hate/darkness and is getting manipulated by Madara, alot of things have happened that you have to take into consideration, we will not know how Sasuke truly felt about Sakura even Naruto till he finally realizes what has happened and what was done. You are guessing what Kishis theme, and its your opinion if it happens it happens if NH happens it happens, we will have to see and watch in my opinion cause until the story says "The End" I think this debate should be saying "coulds, might, maybe, possible" no matter how sure you are.
Old 12-05-2009, 07:27 PM   #1763
xXTrueLoveXx
Ninja Academy Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacon_army17 View Post
continued,
the difference between the hug when he returned is she knows he loves her,now on to yamamoto... in her conversation with him sasuke wasnt even on her mind, and in fact it was centered on helping naruto.The poal from the beggining was for both naruto and sakura, so your point about shippunden is invalid.
im ttying to have the patience to respond to all the green
"i thinks" but i see most of it is based on opinion
EVERYthing in NS's belief and NH's belief is a opinion until proven a fact by Kishi. Even if some say "But oh this happened Im sure they will be together!" we wait till the end of it =| even me, I hope my opinions and thoughts turn to a fact but we will have to see.
Old 12-05-2009, 07:28 PM   #1764
flamie_chan
Chunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXTrueLoveXx View Post
Team 7 is broken up, Sasuke has left. The story is about Naruto and Sakura trying to save their partner and bring him back on their team. Meanwhile in the time this happens, Naruto and Sakura's bond becomes stronger then before, Sakura actually starts to acknowledge Naruto and she starts treating him like she should have in the way beginning. Thats good, and yes Kishi is focused on bonds but just ebcause Sakura and Naruto are technically the main male and female doesn't mean just because their bond has become stronger doesn't mean it will turn to romance, I can imagine NH happening without knowing it was pulled out of his ass. Its blind love in my point of view, blind from Naruto, Hinata liking Naruto was the only blind love I seen. Sasuke was growing feelings for his team but when Itachi came alone he screwed that up and decided to leave the team to gain more power and cause he wa starting to change. He is right now blinded by hate/darkness and is getting manipulated by Madara, alot of things have happened that you have to take into consideration, we will not know how Sasuke truly felt about Sakura even Naruto till he finally realizes what has happened and what was done. You are guessing what Kishis theme, and its your opinion if it happens it happens if NH happens it happens, we will have to see and watch in my opinion cause until the story says "The End" I think this debate should be saying "coulds, might, maybe, possible" no matter how sure you are.
I like you but you do such long posts my eyes suffer lol

Fcs you would find me in

my forum siblings
Spoiler:

Old 12-05-2009, 07:31 PM   #1765
Narutorious
Chunin Exam Proctor

Narutorious has completed a tough C-rank mission!Narutorious has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
His reaction was of her even admitting something like that, being surprised, doesn't mean he still loves her cause of a certain face.

Again it was a flashback from Sai BEFORE Pain destroying the village and Hinata confessing her love, its not stupid for Naruto to reconsider things he never knew and rethink why he could have even loved/liked Sakura in the 1st palce and not Hinata, alot of things can happen. And its not hopeful wishing its a possibility and besides Lee and Hinata are 2 different pp, Lee is a funny character and Sakura KNEW Lee liked her, Naruto however did not, thats the difference. So possibilites are flying in the air

Again you do not know Sakura's feelings, well actually you do now =P she loves Sasuke, and even if she would pick Naruto he would be second choice (messed up) he wants to bring Sasuke back but did you know thats its not just about the promise anymore now? Naruto even said that, its more then that since he just found out why Sasuke is even acting like this. And Sakura couldn't keep a straight face in telling Naruto she loved him, and ever since Hinata's confession, hes been having alot on his mind. Most importantly Sasuke. (NaruSau FTW XD) jk lol. And he belives Sakura is lying to himself and hates ppl who do, Im not saying Naruto hates her for lying to herself, but knows she was lying and wasn't happy about it.

And I get mad when you automatically put up a red flag where there is a possible thing where NH could happen, if you think its out of no where its cause its your opinion, its notl ike they are new to eachother and randomly will love eachother. He has been blind about Hinatas love since the beginning of the series, now he knows and we do not know what he will say about it till then I say we are still in this.

And no I think your looking at NS's picture not NH's since you highly doubt it will happen. And you dk why or what Sakura or Naruto feels now, since these things so until we get confirmed things I suggest we sit back and watch =D
I'll get to this tomorrow.
Narutorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 07:31 PM   #1766
Narutorious
Chunin Exam Proctor

Narutorious has completed a tough C-rank mission!Narutorious has completed a tough C-rank mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
And even after all of this screen time Naruto and Sakura have had together, nothing romantic has come out of it. So maybe this 'eventually developing feelings for' will come after Sasuke is perhaps gone? oh wait.. lol. Sasuke is a main character too. The one Sakura developed feelings for was him and her feelings eventually grew.

Well at least there is a chance that the honest no response confession can go in a much better route than the angry response to a false confession. Naruto got angry because she was lying to herself and was spitting out lame excuses at him. She still loves Sasuke.

...... About who she 'truly' loves? If she really did love Naruto or held any strong romantic feelings for him don't you think the confession would have been a lot more sincere and honest? We know shes capable of doing that from what we've seen before. So yes, I'm anticipating her meeting with Sasuke (if it even happens and if she's even able to do anything lol).

Of course she's doing this for the both of them, that's why I said Sakura was trying to protect Naruto and stated why Sakura wants to stop Sasuke. What's funny is that she thought she would be able to convince Naruto to go back with her if she confessed to him and told him to forget about the promise he made to her. Which Naruto responds by telling her it has nothing to do with her but that he wants to help Sasuke. And then Sakura storms off but not before snapping at Naruto and stomping Kiba's foot. If anything she hurt him more by lying to him in hopes she would help him.
I'll get to this tomorrow as well.
Old 12-05-2009, 07:31 PM   #1767
xXTrueLoveXx
Ninja Academy Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamie_chan View Post
I like you but you do such long posts my eyes suffer lol
I know Dx alot of ppl are doing long posts where I have to answer them even if it does hurt my eyes (P.S. when it comes to long opinions I sometimes skip those cause its either the same thing I've already heard or too long for me to read/care lol.. or something else I forgot o_O)
Old 12-05-2009, 07:33 PM   #1768
flamie_chan
Chunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narutorious View Post
ooohhhh truelove you have been warned lol

Fcs you would find me in

my forum siblings
Spoiler:

Old 12-05-2009, 07:35 PM   #1769
xXTrueLoveXx
Ninja Academy Student

Quote:
Lol no offense Narutorious, if your reply is almost the same thing as before I think we should just end our debate there now cause we will not get anywhere =/ and guys don't think I'm giving up I just hate repeating myself and the other not udnerstanding where I'm coming from sometimes =( I dont care if you are couple obsessed cause its your opinion just understand why ya know.
Old 12-05-2009, 07:37 PM   #1770
TwilightLink20xx
Genin Elite

TwilightLink20xx is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
But you miss something that is key about my confidence in my opinion. I don't see what I think will happen as what "could" happen, I believe that it "will" happen. I'm either right or wrong, when I say will, it means the same exact thing as plausible, it will either happen or not. And no, Kishimoto himself stated that bonds were the theme of Part II, that's not something I'm pulling out of my rear.

As for the "treatment" issue, she was already treating him like a friend back in the last arc of Part 1, why on earth would Kishimoto keep pushing this as growing closer to each other if a close friendship like they have had since the transition from Part 1 to Part 2 NOW? It doesn't all click, it doesn't all fall into place.

Finally, you clearly weren't paying too much attention to the last chapter, Naruto has to understand that Sasuke no longer gives a crap about Team 7. Now, does this mean all hope for his redemption is lost? No, and I doubt he won't be redeemed at the end of the manga, but it does make it clear that Naruto has to accept that he will probably have to kill him. Oh, and by the way, Sasuke isn't coming back home to live hapilly ever after, he's dug his grave, just as Gaara has said, he chose the path of Darkness and could care less about Naruto.

Now I'm starting to get off the main subject, lol.

(Red - Death of Me)

Proud Suporter of NaruSaku, SasuKarin and Sasuke X Nobody.

NaruSaku, SasuSaku or NaruHina that likes to debate?

Join us in:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by TwilightLink20xx; 12-05-2009 at 07:39 PM.
TwilightLink20xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 07:37 PM   #1771
xXTrueLoveXx
Ninja Academy Student

LMAO I'm being attacked left and right XD this is tireding but Im a trooper ^.^
Old 12-05-2009, 07:40 PM   #1772
TwilightLink20xx
Genin Elite

Sorry TrueLove, I'm not trying to pressure you to break down or anything like that, just give you my perspective

(Red - Death of Me)

Join us in:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 12-05-2009, 07:41 PM   #1773
Narutorious
Chunin Exam Proctor

Quote:
Lol no offense Narutorious, if your reply is almost the same thing as before I think we should just end our debate there now cause we will not get anywhere =/ and guys don't think I'm giving up I just hate repeating myself and the other not udnerstanding where I'm coming from sometimes =( I dont care if you are couple obsessed cause its your opinion just understand why ya know.
Which is why I'm not doing it tonight, you are repeating yourself, same with Bambi, both of ya change ya words but it's saying the same thing over & over, it's giving me a headache, Ima just go more in detail after a good night sleep.
Old 12-05-2009, 07:41 PM   #1774
flamie_chan
Chunin

Quote:
he chose the path of Darkness and could care less about Naruto.
why do I see this turning into a star wars thing..

Fcs you would find me in

my forum siblings
Spoiler:

Last edited by flamie_chan; 12-05-2009 at 07:44 PM.
Old 12-05-2009, 07:42 PM   #1775
C-C
Special Jonin Candidate

C-C saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

Quote:
LMAO I'm being attacked left and right XD this is tireding but Im a trooper ^.^
♥i would try to help but its too much reading and im sleepy sorry....

C-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 07:44 PM   #1776
TwilightLink20xx
Genin Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamie_chan View Post
why do I see this turning into a star wars thing..
Because Star Wars has the most famous tragic/fallen hero of all, Darth Vader xD

(Red - Death of Me)

Join us in:

Old 12-05-2009, 07:47 PM   #1777
xXTrueLoveXx
Ninja Academy Student

Quote:
But you miss something that is key about my confidence in my opinion. I don't see what I think will happen as what "could" happen, I believe that it "will" happen. And no, Kishimoto himself stated that bonds were the theme of Part II, that's not something I'm pulling out of my rear.

As for the "treatment" issue, she was already treating him like a friend back in the last arc of Part 1, why on earth would Kishimoto keep pushing this as growing closer to each other if a close friendship like they have had since the transition from Part 1 to Part 2 NOW? It doesn't all click, it doesn't all fall into place.

Finally, you clearly weren't paying too much attention to the last chapter, Naruto has to understand that Sasuke no longer gives a crap about Team 7. Now, does this mean all hope for his redemption is lost? No, and I doubt he won't be redeemed at the end of the manga, but it does make it clear that Naruto has to accept that he will probably have to kill him. Oh, and by the way, Sasuke isn't coming back home to live hapilly ever after, he's dug his grave, just as Gaara has said, he chose the path of Darkness and could care less about Naruto.

Now I'm starting to get off the main subject, lol.
Well again, there are possibilities that Sasuke can redeem himself even if it means he has to get killed fyi. And I hope you noticed Sakura still loves Sasuke by what last chapter said right? And just because he may not come home to live happily ever after, it doesn't mean what Sasuke he has felt, he is not in his right mind right now and again this is your opinion.
And ok Bonds are important, what your technically saying is "Bonds are important, since the main bonds are Sasuke/Sakura/Naruto then this has happened, they have got close, Sasuke left, Since Sakura and Naruto has a strong bond they will live happily ever after, realizing they love eachother, Even though not once did Sakura say to Naruto "i love you" with full honesty and sincerness as she did Sasuke AND even though it says she still loves Sasuke, her and Naruto will be together for sure and Hinata's confession doesn't matter and did nothing to Naruto, and Sasuke is evil for the wrong reasons and is confused" hmmm yeah wierd ending in my opinion, I get your point and POV but I still wouldn't throw possibilites out the window. (Is getting tired of saying the same thing )
Old 12-05-2009, 07:48 PM   #1778
flamie_chan
Chunin

Quote:
Because Star Wars has the most famous tragic/fallen hero of all, Darth Vader xD
yep that's true =)

Fcs you would find me in

my forum siblings
Spoiler:

Old 12-05-2009, 07:49 PM   #1779
xXTrueLoveXx
Ninja Academy Student

Quote:
Sorry TrueLove, I'm not trying to pressure you to break down or anything like that, just give you my perspective
I know its horrible, I already understand thought. Ive been said this to alot of times please dont repeat cause then you make me repeat and we get no where XD
Old 12-05-2009, 07:53 PM   #1780
xXTrueLoveXx
Ninja Academy Student

Quote:
Which is why I'm not doing it tonight, you are repeating yourself, same with Bambi, both of ya change ya words but it's saying the same thing over & over, it's giving me a headache, Ima just go more in detail after a good night sleep.
lol my point has been proven. You are repeating yourself, I myself is repeating as well, I changed up my words for you to better understand NH's POV but I guess you took it as me having nothing left to combat when really its just understanding where the other is coming from, get a good nite sleep and I'll read what you have to say but if its something I already heard from you or somewhere else I'm sorry I will not reply cause mine will probaly be the same thing your not understanding

Tags
debating, naruhina, narusaku, pairings, sasusaku