Naruto Shippuden

Naruto Discussion Forum
Who should win? Be sure to nominate who will reign supreme for this month's Member of the Month!

Go Back   Naruto Discussion Forum > The Naruto Discussion Forum > Naruto Character Talk

Naruto Character Talk Who do you love? Who do you love to hate? Discuss your fave Naruto characters here.

Old 10-14-2009, 09:01 PM   #141
TwilightLink20xx
Genin Elite

TwilightLink20xx is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point
Default Re: NaruSaku - SasuSaku - NaruHina Debate Central

^Still not done, Bacon. I would be if it didn't Zap my stuff constantly XD

(Red - Death of Me)

Proud Suporter of NaruSaku, SasuKarin and Sasuke X Nobody.

NaruSaku, SasuSaku or NaruHina that likes to debate?

Join us in:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

TwilightLink20xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 09:02 PM   #142
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

ugh ... sorry x.X

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Click the dratini for anime rants
Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 09:04 PM   #143
Bacon

Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.
Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.Bacon is the subject of legends and tales that shall be passed on for generations to come.

Awards Showcase

neways ill be off awhile thought u were done
woot i think i have my keyboard backo.O

Quote:

12:11 PM So you enter the debate with full knowledge that you know nothing of worth on the subject, and then state you will not make an effort to learn. Way to be poster-boy for blight of the forum. Leave discussions of intelligence to those that have it.

Old 10-14-2009, 09:19 PM   #144
makaveli575
Genin

makaveli575 is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

I have to agree with you Twilight on just about everything you said, I have been saying a lot of the same things for months now.
makaveli575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 09:21 PM   #145
TwilightLink20xx
Genin Elite

Quote:
Trying to turn the theme of guilt into a positive or a lighter sense doesn’t take away from the fact that it is still indeed a negative trait that affects their relationship because it is focused so heavily on Sasuke. Spending too much time focusing on Sasuke is a personal flaw as it deters away from more important issues like peace, but still holds their strongest bond to being about someone that is outside of their own personal bond that can lead to a romantic relationship.

Here's the thing though, Sasuke's fate is directly intertwined with the peace issue, as what they will do with him directly influences where they are headed. It also isn't the only thing that holds them together. They have grown closer to each other, and are at a turning point. This conversation that is coming up will be CRUCIAL to their relationship, because they will have to determine where they are headed. We don't know what they will decide, but I find it unlikely that they will be split over the decision.

Quote:
Naruto won’t ever give up on Sasuke and constantly does everything in his power to “save” him. Sakura only wants Naruto to stop since Sai told her how much it was hurting him. She felt GUILTY as soon as he told her about this not happy. Doesn’t this dampen their potential romantic relationship?

No, it doesn't. There's a difference between guilt and obligations. Just because Sakura feels guilty for putting him up to it, yes, just as she did back in Part 1. There, she felt obligated to be there next time. This time, we have no clue what's going through her head, other than that she's realized just how much Naruto cares about her, how much he loves her.

Quote:
Yes, this again shows the heavy emotional strain on Sakura for feelings of guilt she has for making Naruto blindly do something for her sake. She’s hurting him emotionally for her own selfish demands. This is why it’s a negative part of their relationship.

But she isn't doing ANYTHING! She has NEVER brought up the promise to him, for all we know, she could have forgotten the promise. She, again, wanted him to drop it at Part 1, it is NARUTO who chose to keep it. Sakura never demanded that he do it, she begged him to do it in Part 1, and he has taken it to heart ever since, not because she has pressured him, but because he has pressured himself. Therefor, Sakura isn't hurting him at all, it is Naruto who is hurting himself for what HE wants, not what Sakura wants.

(Red - Death of Me)

Join us in:

Old 10-14-2009, 09:30 PM   #146
TwilightLink20xx
Genin Elite

Quote:
Have they ever done so before? Did Sakura tell Naruto the exact details of the last time she saw Sasuke before he left Konoha in chapter 181? No because it’s pretty obvious she loved him and there wasn’t anything to discuss—they only speak about him in terms of teammates with one another.

Yes, but Sakura's feelings could have changed over time, that's the main thing. Kishi felt it was important to blatantly remind us that Naruto loves Sakura, but he has not shown us blatantly that Sakura loves Sasuke, only that she had a crush at one point at the very least. There's probably a rhyme and reason for it. It's possible that this upcoming discussion is meant to be a reminder of Sakura's “love” for Sasuke, but we don't know that for sure. All we know is that it hasn't been addressed from Sakura's POV since Part 1.

Quote:
Fair enough. It defines Naruto’s valor and dedication to the one he loves. However, it has developed from an admirable proclamation to something that has turned into Naruto getting emotionally hurt and Sakura realizing she’s put such a toll on Naruto that now guilt has overtaken her.

Yes, but this is because of Naruto's choices, you can't pin the blame on Sakura completely, this is something that I believe Naruto himself would stand by.

Quote:
This state’s Naruto’s love for Sakura which as you said has been evident from chapter 3 with the henge scene. Now what I’m trying to get across is that from Sakura’s POV it has ended up reflecting poorly on her part as she makes Naruto suffer emotionally without even knowing it.

Yes, but we also know that Sakura isn't the kind to sit on mistakes. There's a reason she has said she isn't going to make anymore mistakes. She doesn't want to see Naruto hurting anymore, we know that to be a fact. What I'm trying to say is that Sakura has been changing throughout the series, and she has gone from being selfish to selfless over time. Where is she headed with that point? Again, I'm not Kishimoto, so I have no clue, but we shall see.

(Red - Death of Me)

Join us in:

Old 10-14-2009, 09:37 PM   #147
TwilightLink20xx
Genin Elite

Quote:
Naruto and Sakura have become better friends and teammates. Sakura even has a closer relationship with him then she has ever had with Sasuke. However, you cannot simply dismay the potential relationship Sakura and Sasuke can have. Just as NaruSaku has hypothetical chance of ending up together so does SasuSaku—as I said earlier in this post. Sasuke cut off his bonds and deviled deeper into the darkness. He needs to be saved which Naruto will eventually do and “save” him returning him to Konoha and the one female who can understand him on the emotional level and has even been granted his rare few kind words is Sakura.

I feel that I've addressed that properly, and I firmly believe that Sasuke has already sealed his fate, and that the whole Sakura “saving” Sasuke theory is more than ridiculous, but been killed efficiently by Sasuke choice to destroy Konoha. He will be redeemed, yes, but I believe that he will still suffer the consequences of his mistakes, he's not gonna get a free pass after this royal mess.

Quote:
A bond based on a person outside of the relationship. The bond isn’t about working together or bringing peace to the ninja world. It is a bond of bringing back a teammate which on a deeper stance is about bringing back Sakura’s love which she now feels guilty for.

Not yet, it's all part of their relationship's evolution over time. I agree, the Sasuke issue has to be resolved before they can actually get into a relationship, but what I'm saying is that there is MORE than enough potential there that it would not only work out, but would be as positive relationship as possible for the two (remember, there is no such thing as a perfect relationship, because people will always have flaws, but when something is overwhelmingly good, you can't throw the baby out with the bathwater). And again, Sakura's guilt is not the sole factor. She wants to make things right, point blank.

Quote:
Domo. I return the sentiments.
Thanks, it's been a pleasure once again (though I'm not gonna lie, the constant zapping of my debating drove me up the wall XD)

(Red - Death of Me)

Join us in:

Old 10-14-2009, 10:30 PM   #148
Bacon

Awards Showcase

by zapping do u mean interruptions? bad bacon twilight hits bacon with news paper*
omg.... im surprised i could follow you, but point is you what all of would say and much more.
i agree so much not because im biased toward narusaku, but im relieved because the issue of " rescuing sasuke"is resolved, in the sense hes not coming back buddy,buddy,
but his role in all this was bugging mee too ^^
thanks so much again x.X

Quote:

Old 10-16-2009, 05:38 AM   #149
Froot
Genin

Froot is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Wow, Twilight! Way to hold it down! I'm cheerin' for ya!
Froot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 05:41 AM   #150
Froot
Genin

Froot is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SasukeUchihaXSakuraHaruno View Post
once again...............

Spoiler:

SASU SAKU
Your poor attempts at arguments fail. Here's how you do it:

Spoiler:

Quote:
SASU SAKU

is based on your desperate clinging from part 1. Face it. SasuSaku might as well be dead. Some argue that Sasuke may have feelings for Sakura, but he has never thought of her individually, but rather as a whole; Team 7. He gives her the exact same treatment as Naruto, and would have done the same for him. Don't argue that he once said "I won't let my comrades get hurt," because he tried to harm both of them later anyways. That is the ultimate negation.

Done.

Last edited by Froot; 10-16-2009 at 05:46 AM.
Froot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 11:38 AM   #151
Bacon

Awards Showcase

nice ^^ agreed, xD

Quote:

Old 10-16-2009, 05:54 PM   #152
Zetsubou_Sensei
Chunin Exam Participant

Zetsubou_Sensei is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Well, this is going to be terrible, but...
I support NaruSaku. I have no idea why, but I can offer some reasons about why I do not support the opposing pairings.
1. "Sasuke didn't kill Sakura when he saw her at the beginning of Shippuden! In fact, she was the only one he DIDN'T hurt!"
So the fact that he TRIED to kill her makes no difference, apparently. And the only reason she didn't get hurt was because Yamato stepped in front of her in time to block...uh, get briefly paralyzed/shocked/stabbed by the attack meant for her. Hmm.
2. "Sakura and Hinata have both said to Sasuke and Naruto respectively that they were in love with them!"
Not that Naruto and Sasuke could possibly have any romantic feelings toward anyone else, they can clearly change their mind about these girls! And the girls changing THEIR mind about love? MADNESS!
3. "Sakura hits Naruto, so she couldn't possibly love him!"
Not to condone her behavior, but he's usually being an idiot/pervert/what-have-you when she hits him. Other characters have also hit/chastised him, but they don't get any flak. Also, Naruto's a NINJA! He could dodge the punches! And Sakura can SMASH ROCKS with her punches! So she obviously isn't going all out on these punches, unlike when Karui beat him up for info. And it's played for comedy, anyway.
More to come.
I'M IN DESPAIR!!!!!
I want to take it home!
Proud supporter of NaruSaku, SasuKarin, KibaHina, and GaaMatsu!

rolls into the abyss thinkin about my ships

Last edited by Zetsubou_Sensei; 10-17-2009 at 10:15 AM.
Zetsubou_Sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 06:57 PM   #153
Bacon

Awards Showcase

lol the fact that she hits him is because naruto allows it because he likes her ^^

Quote:

Old 10-16-2009, 07:00 PM   #154
C-C
Special Jonin Candidate

C-C saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

♥yes that makes sense i should let my crush smack me around too O_O

C-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 07:03 PM   #155
Bacon

Awards Showcase

lol id let a cute girl hit me anyday xD

Quote:

Old 10-16-2009, 07:05 PM   #156
KittenLou
Ninja Academy Student

KittenLou is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-C View Post
♥yes that makes sense i should let my crush smack me around too O_O
Sakura is a tsundere-based female character. In a shounen series like Naruto, it's common for the main character's love interest to slap him or engage in other exaggerated violent reactions. It's used for comedic purposes only, and the teams that animate the series have a tendency to over use it, hoping viewers will see it as such.

And most of them usually do.
KittenLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 07:11 PM   #157
C-C
Special Jonin Candidate

C-C saved a kitten from a tree! Yay!

♥Yeah, I dont find it 'funny'
And its Tsunade..

C-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 07:17 PM   #158
KittenLou
Ninja Academy Student

KittenLou is just chillin' in the village doing D-ranks at this point

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Tsundere

Last edited by KittenLou; 10-16-2009 at 07:19 PM.
KittenLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 07:17 PM   #159
Bacon

Awards Showcase

lol i find it funny when she smacks him for being pervyer than jaraiya

Quote:

Old 10-16-2009, 07:18 PM   #160
Bacon

Awards Showcase

cc dont be mad be glad ^^

Quote:

Tags
debating, naruhina, narusaku, pairings, sasusaku